criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Capital Supremacy showed: hero limit must be 2 even in GA.

DarthCapa2
3007 posts Member
Capital Supremacy showed how better and more balanced the game is with a max of 2 heroes. The same must be true for Galactic Assault, put the max of heroes from 4 to 2 in the last phase.

Replies

• I always felt that in (GA) phase 1 there should be no heroes. Phase 2 max of one per side. And in phase 3 a max of 2 per side.

Now THAT sounds like a balanced plan....accept for Anakin who doesn't need any help to steer a phase 4 however he wants. But still, I like that set up.
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    Wonder if we'd ever get a "No more heroes" weeked.

And just have the 4 base classes. Swear, it'd be so wonderful to have to see star cards switched up for utility AND "hurr durr i swing my litsabr in ur genearl direktino u ded" take a seat, as it should.

I’d be all over it. I don’t mind reinforcements though.
  • I'd prefer it if heroes were kind of restricted till the final 2 phases of the game.
    Nothing is worse than heroes dominating the first phase and ending the game early - I'd like at least to get to phase 2.

A 'Trooper only' event (with NO enforcers also) would be great (imagine the way it would change the game play dynamic).
  • Jaku
    205 posts Member
    Agreed
  • Draco_RSA
    498 posts Member
    The last 2 games of CS I played the one team always had 4 heroes...how does that happen?
  • DarthCapa2
    3007 posts Member
    IMHO heroes should only be in HvV. I know that this will never happen, but I feel there are way to many tiered units in most modes.

Heroes are a great part of Galactic Assault and capital supramacy, they add a lot of fun and phatos to the games, but the limit must be 2 per side.. Too many of them can ruin the balance
  • i need to insist on this point.
  • Versatti
    2198 posts Member
    edited August 14
    CS is much better for the 2 hero limit even if Yoda is a little toad at times.

Some of those final phases in Nerfed vs Heroes were beyond ridiculous and I’ve not actually played it since the introduction of Anakin.
  • bfloo
    15964 posts Member
    Versatti wrote: »
    CS is much better for the 2 hero limit even if Yoda is a little toad at times.

Some of those final phases in Nerfed vs Heroes were beyond ridiculous and I’ve not actually played it since the introduction of Anakin.

It was bad before ani was added too.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I kind of enjoy 4 in the last phase it makes everything chaotic and more fun IMO, but that’s just me, I would be fine with a 2 hero cap
  • @F8RGE seem that is a common feeling the desire the see a max of 2 heroes in the last phase of Galactic Assault
  • Remember Battlefront 2015, when there was only 1 hero per side at any given time. And no HoK. Even then they were a real annoyance sometimes.
    A limit of 2 per side would be greatly appreciated.
  • We just really need that large scale infantry only mode badly. The hero element and the obsessed hero mains are just souring and mucking up every large scale battle mode. It's just boring watching them dominate and course correct every objective match and then watch the hero mains turn this game into an endless focus on buffing and nerfing their OP, over advantaged presence...and more so for HvV without caring how it affects the only TWO large 20v20 modes in the game.

20v20....GA maps....no heroes....no tiered back ups....no silly BP's. It's just so simple (and frightening to players who can't hold their own without advantages).

And then we call it Battlefield with less weapons and no balancing.

If you want a large scale infantery Game then go play Battlefield,CoD, Medal of Honor or whatever there is.

Heroes are an integral part of the Star Wars Universe and of this Game
    Its what sets it apart from other Games.
    And wether you like that or not is up to you BUT many players play this Game for the Heroes.

There are many great Games as an alternative(even made by dice OMG) and maybe it has crossed your mind that if you take out the heroes this game becomes obsolete next to Battlefield which is made again ALSO BY DICE
  • Heroes are an integral part of the Star Wars Universe and of this Game
    And wether you like that or not is up to you

Wrong. Just plain wrong.

And I seriously doubt you or DICE are willing to refund those of us who bought it on the premise this would be an improvement to BF2015 when we purchased the "Deluxe Trooper Edition".
  • ID_8615 wrote: »
    Heroes are an integral part of the Star Wars Universe and of this Game
    And wether you like that or not is up to you

Wrong. Just plain wrong.

And I seriously doubt you or DICE are willing to refund those of us who bought it on the premise this would be an improvement to BF2015 when we purchased the "Deluxe Trooper Edition".

First off why?

And secondly... what has one to do with the other?

Aside from the point that i dont see why anyone should refund people who bought that version 2 years after release but i dont see your point

Are you telling me because there is a trooper box that trooper should be stronger?
    Help cause i dont get what youre trying to say
  • This all could have been avoided if EA included a Turning Point mode with GA maps at launch so troopers from all eras could have a large objective based mode without the ever present hero spam. Instead we got 1 era CS which is just another mode with more hero spam and is badly designed.

Now if GA was a total of 64 players with larger and more open maps then maybe 4 heroes per team would be ok but in a 40 player mode with small maps, where most of those maps funnel into a room, 4 heroes per side is a little too much. Great being killed by heroes in the spawn area in the final phase of maps like Naboo, Endor and Takodana. GA, which should be an epic battle with all items available throughout the match like WA was, just turns into heroes camping spawn areas in the final phases on a lot of these GA maps. Boring.

Era locked GA was one of the better events EA has done. HU was also a lot of fun. Over a year and a half later some of us are still waiting on the GA weekend event without heroes. Unfortunately I don’t believe this game has the population nor the dev resources to support both non hero and HU GA modes.
    #StarWars-y
  • bfloo
    15964 posts Member
    This all could have been avoided if EA included a Turning Point mode with GA maps at launch so troopers from all eras could have a large objective based mode without the ever present hero spam. Instead we got 1 era CS which is just another mode with more hero spam and is badly designed.

Now if GA was a total of 64 players with larger and more open maps then maybe 4 heroes per team would be ok but in a 40 player mode with small maps, where most of those maps funnel into a room, 4 heroes per side is a little too much. Great being killed by heroes in the spawn area in the final phase of maps like Naboo, Endor and Takodana. GA, which should be an epic battle with all items available throughout the match like WA was, just turns into heroes camping spawn areas in the final phases on a lot of these GA maps. Boring.

Era locked GA was one of the better events EA has done. HU was also a lot of fun. Over a year and a half later some of us are still waiting on the GA weekend event without heroes. Unfortunately I don’t believe this game has the population nor the dev resources to support both non hero and HU GA modes.

2 heores was fin in the beta and era locked event.

the final phase is a waste unless you have one too with 4 aside.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I think there should also be a rotation of heroes playable in CS depending on the map. The same few LS/DS for all maps is lame. GA is not fun so to earn some hero achievements is impossible.
  • Heroes are for HvsV. GA is a god forsaken mess.
  • I agree. Max 2 heroes each team.

1bfioawlu399.png
  • RainbowXii
    150 posts Member
    edited October 28
    I always felt that in (GA) phase 1 there should be no heroes. Phase 2 max of one per side. And in phase 3 a max of 2 per side.

If they did implement this idea, most players would simply camp the loading screen after they've collect enough points from Phase 1.

• moistboii
    592 posts Member
    edited October 28
    I like how they do it. Having 4 at the final phase allows more people to play as heroes which I'm sure many people enjoy especially when the same 2 people manage to keep their heroes from phase 1 until the end of the game.
  • Never going to happen
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg This isn't mine, Just thought it was cool

Rule 39: Never say no to Bacta

When you have been playing since launch Cool kid 8)

I want to make a squad of 4 Commandos and then scream "FORM UP DELTA SQUAD"

We need Delta Squad Commando skins.