criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Just one question

graveyard3377
32 posts Member
edited August 15
I understand if you can't answer this @F8RGE but will the new PvE mode be era specific or will it be all three eras?
Post edited by IIPrest0nII on

Replies

• ROMG4
    2887 posts Member
    Imma jump on too

Could I please ask what do you think of OOM-9?
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • bfloo
    15680 posts Member
    One question and that is the best you can come up with?
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I've got a question as well.

Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Plageus the Wise?
  • Disboy
    178 posts Member
    TjPunx wrote: »
    A lot stopped playing after they got rid of the targeting system, and put in a mode for the vocal minority, and the not-good players. The new HvV is trash. I used to play almost every day for a couple hours at a time, now I’m spending more time on F13, Red Dead 2, and Spider-Man

Idk if you can attribute the lack of players to the new HvV. It also seems like many players in the forums enjoyed the initial release of the HvV TDM.
  • Alwe15
    1012 posts Member
    TjPunx wrote: »
    A lot stopped playing after they got rid of the targeting system, and put in a mode for the vocal minority, and the not-good players. The new HvV is trash. I used to play almost every day for a couple hours at a time, now I’m spending more time on F13, Red Dead 2, and Spider-Man

Jeez dude. You ARE the vocal minority. One of the most vocal I've seen!
  • bfloo
    15680 posts Member
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    Two questions:

Why does the game feel worse after each and every update?

Every single time I play HvV, all but one person on the other team quits, and then it literally takes 15-20 minutes for the next person to join? How can you say the game is "thriving" in this state?

These are much better questions if we got 2.

unnziftqbzq5.png

h846398gb27k.png

• Alwe15
    1012 posts Member
    F8RGE wrote: »
    I understand if you can't answer this

Correct, will find out at gamescom.

Can we please see some evidence that would leave a rational person inclined to believe the game is "thriving"?

...there's a development team still attached?

...content is being released?

...servers still exist?
  • Landeaux2
    3251 posts Member
    edited August 15
    Alwe15 wrote: »

Can we please see some evidence that would leave a rational person inclined to believe the game is "thriving"?

...servers still exist?

None of these statements point to a game that is “thriving.” Adding clone skins with slightly different color patterns isn’t meaningful content. It takes no more than 5 minutes in a lobby to realize how awful this game’s servers are. Where are the updates that improve the game by smoothing out combat, correctly balance the game across modes, and fix bugs?
  • There is no offline pve will need internet. Or there is no friendly bots. With that in mind no one will be disappointed come next week. Expect the worst possible scenario, that way anything will be good.
  • F8RGE wrote: »

The first three words that come to mind when I think of SWBF2 are "bad," "dead," and "worst." Each and every time I play, these thoughts are reaffirmed.

As a BF2 player since launch and a gamer and Star Wars fan for over 30 years, I can't begin to express my overwhelming disappoint with what has become of this game. I would like to know how the team seems so convinced that it's doing so well.

We're still working on the game, delivering frequent content and about to deliver news for what's next. If we were "dead" or similar the doors would have closed long ago.

add 1 card a year does not mean that you show work; we are talking about repair and change that would make the experience of bf2 better and fun.

We still have so much bug, the imbalance between the weapon and the team / the rage that is not punished / Blast has become a fair for reinforcement / The hero is given to the one who cultivates better the BP rather than the one who plays the goal / Hunting ewok is deserted because the mode is boring .... there are plenty of problems and you just hide them under the carpet

The first three words that come to mind when I think of SWBF2 are "bad," "dead," and "worst." Each and every time I play, these thoughts are reaffirmed.

As a BF2 player since launch and a gamer and Star Wars fan for over 30 years, I can't begin to express my overwhelming disappoint with what has become of this game. I would like to know how the team seems so convinced that it's doing so well.

We're still working on the game, delivering frequent content and about to deliver news for what's next. If we were "dead" or similar the doors would have closed long ago.

Thank you for this response.
  • bfloo
    15680 posts Member

Then why are player counts more closely guarded that most countries state secrets?

h846398gb27k.png

• TjPunx
    1598 posts Member
    Billkwando wrote: »
    Every single time I play HvV, all but one person on the other team quits, and then it literally takes 15-20 minutes for the next person to join? How can you say the game is "thriving" in this state?

I really wanted to be a bigger man and not say anything but....

Sorry. I told you guys to be careful what you wished for. I told you all exactly what would happen, and it all came to pass (I still have the links, but would rather not go through the trouble of posting them right now, as I've resposted them plenty of times before). I said that once you all got what you wanted, you'd find that the grass on the other side was not as green as you imagined. If you guys hadn't spammed your little advocacy program, the devs wouldn't have been able to use it as cover for trashing HvV, and things might have turned out differently with HvV.*

Hope you're enjoying the heck out of steamrolling that one guy though.

"I told you so" aside, I want you to know that I actually do feel bad for you, even if you asked for it. Nobody can deny how much you and your friends care about the game, and I never wished anything bad on any of you in the first place, even when everybody was ganging up on me for prophetically (for want of a better word) speaking the truth.

*Maybe not though, because perhaps all the money in the world wouldn't be enough to pay all the overtime hours it would've taken for the devs to patch all the holes in the maps. We'll never know, because they will never fix them.

You hit the nail on the head, but too many that called for nerfs, and about HvV will never admit they’re wrong, and just keep complaining

I know of multiple games that still get support/DLC without thriving player bases

Rome 2: Total War got a new DLC when it has a daily player count of 10k

Europa Universalis 4 has a daily player count of 15k and is still getting updates and DLC

I'm not entirely sure but I'm pretty sure that EU4 gets more updates than this game despite having a 15k player base and being 6 years old
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »

I know of multiple games that still get support/DLC without thriving player bases

Rome 2: Total War got a new DLC when it has a daily player count of 10k

Europa Universalis 4 has a daily player count of 15k and is still getting updates and DLC

I'm not entirely sure but I'm pretty sure that EU4 gets more updates than this game despite having a 15k player base and being 6 years old

Let’s be real, DEI is keeping Rome 2 alive, and the occasional online game ✅

Playtesting would be nice
  • IIPrest0nII
    4555 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Title edited as Calling out Community Managers and Officials in thread titles is against the forum rules: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76222/star-wars-battlefront-forum-rules-guidelines#latest
    Star Wars Battlefront Community Forums Moderator. I do not work for EA.
  • Alwe15
    1012 posts Member

...servers still exist?

...bugs since launch still exist?

...the worst lightsaber combat mechanics ever concieved?

...nonexistent matchmaking?

...i can go on.

You could, but please don't. It has no relation to what I was replying to...
  • Alwe15
    1012 posts Member
    Landeaux2 wrote: »

...servers still exist?

None of these statements point to a game that is “thriving.” Adding clone skins with slightly different color patterns isn’t meaningful content. It takes no more than 5 minutes in a lobby to realize how awful this game’s servers are. Where are the updates that improve the game by smoothing out combat, correctly balance the game across modes, and fix bugs?

Well haven't you cherry picked your response...

Meaningful content would be the four CS maps, plus two attached star destroyer internals that have been added.

The two new reinforcement units.

The two PvE modes being dropped shortly.
  • Chico
    414 posts Member
    Two questions:

You should stop killing the enemy if you want them to stay in the lobby. It's your own fault for being too good. Maybe just stand and emote for a few minutes or create a tower with both team mates and your opposition. I've seen clips of this on YouTube and it looks like a great way to spend your gaming time.

Could also be that people know you are usually partied up. I always quit SA on the Europe xbox server when I see a certain group playing as they completely ruin the lobby. Which is pretty much every time I try to play SA.
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    Two questions:

At least they aren’t running or using glitches though right?
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Alwe15 wrote: »

...servers still exist?

Meaningful content would be the four CS maps, plus two attached star destroyer internals that have been added.

Some of those took more than 6 months to finally release and many consider them to be underwhelming additions. And 3/4 of the CS maps were direct ports from GA.
  • Alwe15 wrote: »

...servers still exist?

Some of those took more than 6 months to finally release and many consider them to be underwhelming additions. And 3/4 of the CS maps were direct ports from GA.

Yep. That’s usually a decent DLC single drop for games. Not strung out over months.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Alwe15
    1012 posts Member

...servers still exist?

Is it content, or not? That was what I was responding to.

Few consider them underwhelming additions. Most are happy with the additions.