criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission

why do you like the new trilogy?

12346Next

Replies

• bfloo
    15730 posts Member
    DarthJ said:
    bfloo said:
    DarthJ said:
    bfloo said:
    Rey is force sensitive because of the force. It chose her. Same as it chose anakin. Then that followed on to luke. The point of rey is to get rid of the bloodline mentality. In the prequels, we see a variety of species using the force and trying to go through and create a bloodline for each of those is stupid. A new hope had the force as this mystical power that was strengthened in your resolve and your belief. Then in the prequels it was instead your midichlorian count. It was a clinical way of making the force boring. So by making rey a nobody now they don’t have to worry about all that mess of making the force in a person about anything besides the force wills as it wants to.
    No one has an issue with Rey being Force sensitive.  It is her going from knowing nothing about the force to super jedi out of no where.
    Yeah - my issue with it is the excuse of the force balancing itself, powerful light powerful dark etc. Yet this has never happened previously. Its just done so they dont have to explain how she is so good without training
    And i find it funny that this happens with every star wars hero but for some reason people want to get hung up on rey. 
    Luke and Anakin received actual training, maybe a lil quick on Luke's part, but there was at least something.

I put this down mostly to JJ being bad at character development.
    Anakin was pod racing when we first meet him. Something no human was able to do. He also won the space battle on naboo basically by himself. Luke did similar in a new hope. No one cared then. People shouldn’t now because this is star wars. Our heroes do heroic things and rey is not perfect. She makes plenty of mistakes. You have to pay attention to the movies.
    You deliberately ignore the stories of Anakin and Luke purely so you can go off at people calling them sexist like you did in the Reys origins threads.

Anakin had 10 years of training from age 9 to 19 (ignore the stuff he did in episode 1 here); his actual JEDI training was 10 years in the making. Even then he was beaten easily by Dooku in II, before another 3 years of experience had him head and shoulders above most by III.

Luke had brief training in V, but then there was a 2 year gap between V and VI, which we can assume he was trained by Yoda/Obi's ghost, due to the fact he has a lightsaber constructed etc which he would not have known to do alone.

Rey - touches a lightsaber then knows how to do a mind trick and beat a force user who isn't amazing but will still have had years of training, all within a few hours.

Even a blind person can see the difference there.

By the logic they have applied for Rey, by saying the force magically balances itself with powerful light and powerful dark, Anakin should have needed no training and been able to take Maul and Palps easily, or Dooku and Palps when he is older. Luke shouldnt have needed any training in IV and been able to beat Vader and Palps easily. See how daft that sounds? I would also find those 2 bland if that had happened.

Also shows why the villains have been so poor in the ST, since the main hero has outshone everyone from the off. Theres a reason Vader and Palps are seen as so iconic. They were allowed to develop and actually win at points
    That’s some straight **** and you know it.
    That is pretty much straight on.

The sexist argument is comical.  My fav Jedi and Sith in the old canon are both female, I think barris had the best story in CW (I'm still shocked), and I can rattle off plenty of strong female characters who were well developed.

I feel bad for Daisy having to wear the black eye for it.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Alex64
    7673 posts Member
    The only good characters in the ST are Poe and maybe Rey
    Why so serious?
  • bfloo
    15730 posts Member
    Alex64 said:
    The only good characters in the ST are Poe and maybe Rey
    Don't forget TR-8R.  Best Storm Trooper ever.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I hate this stupid argument.

”Well, previous films had these problems, so doing the exact same problems is irrelevant in the new films.”
  • I hate this stupid argument.

”Well, previous films had these problems, so doing the exact same problems is irrelevant in the new films.”
    It is more an issue of people overlooking it in other films but for some reason it bothers them in the sequels. It is called bias and while it may be stupid it is also a universally human characteristic.
  • bfloo said:

Not being entertained for Endgame I can understand.

Based off the numbers, a bunch who went to see it was because it was the place to be, not because they are mcu fans.  tbh, I wasn't that into it either.  I'm not a huge mcu fan and didn't go the 1st weekend though.
    Yeah I think you nailed it, because it was the place to be.  Man, getting tix to a Thurs opening for an MCU movie was for hardcore fans only, so I erroneously thought.  Sorry I just said erroneously, couldn't think of a different (less pretentious) word there.   But as I get older, I realize I'm not the target audience.  I try to take that into account when watching new films. (I saw Once Upon a Time in Hollywood last week, now THAT was enjoyable, and certainly not aimed at younger viewers!  That movie is very refreshing, and I really want to see it again) 
    "I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you!"
  • It has women, flying women, suicidal women, useless women, useful women, bright armored women, that A Wing woman who died in 10 minutes. And a lot of color lights and explosions just like any other Star Wars movie so I like them
    9wexqoicrpnu.png
  • They beat the hell out of the Prequels.

But the eunuchs will **** about it because of Rey.

Explain
    9wexqoicrpnu.png