criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Herofront ll is boring and there's barely any motivation to keep playing It.

Replies

• OoiiHooked_22
    3231 posts Member
    edited August 15
    People really are mad that a STAR WARS game has a lot of emphasis on hero’s and expect to take out all hero’s 1v1 with a trooper. This forum never disappoints with opinions. Play with friends, it’s quite easy to take down hero’s in a herd of wild mad lads

Star Wars BATTLEFRONT aka the franchise that was about the epic battles between the troops of the different factions... and NOT Star Wars Heroes Unleashed like the current game plays like

This is not a direct follow up from the older ones, different company and they have said multiple times they aren’t looking to repeat those games. Again, STAR WARS is hero centric, BATTLEFIELD would be a better argument for infantry centric.
  • ID_8615 wrote: »
    It is a Star Wars game so hero's are going to feature and it is going to mainly be a casual game.

No. Wrong. Just because it is a Star Wars game does NOT necessitate the inclusion of Elites (Aerials, infiltrators, Heroes). In fact, until BF2, I never thought of Lando, Finn, Phasma, .. Iden, Han, Leia, or Chewie as "Heroes". They were just supporting characters in the movie series--some of them more main than others. Only DICE made them "Hero" class. Not sure why JarJar is not a hero here - he has the same qualifications.

But I digress. The reason my kids and I continue to play BF2015 is precisely because we can play hero-free arcade games and nearly hero-free Walker Assaults online. BF2015, sad to say, is a better quality product in many ways than BF2017 will ever be.

Lost me at you saying some of them weren’t hero’s. Han Chewie and leia not hero’s 😂
  • People really are mad that a STAR WARS game has a lot of emphasis on hero’s and expect to take out all hero’s 1v1 with a trooper. This forum never disappoints with opinions. Play with friends, it’s quite easy to take down hero’s in a herd of wild mad lads

Star Wars BATTLEFRONT aka the franchise that was about the epic battles between the troops of the different factions... and NOT Star Wars Heroes Unleashed like the current game plays like

Also isn’t it ironic that when we were having the “too much CW content” discussion you were some of the few people that stated what they did in previous games didn’t matter, when comparing the amount of CW content. But now when it fits your narrative it matters what was in older games regarding trooper content? Strange
  • David1543 wrote: »
    Battlefield is miles better than this game, I can be engaged in exciting matches over and over for many hours and weeks in titles that came years ago, but after 2 or 3 games of GA/CS I already feel like vomiting. And do you know why? Its not even the lack of fresh content being added at a very low rate, but the gameplay Itself sucks. Limiting heroes to 1 per faction would transform this game so radically that It could turn into one of the best games of all time overnight.

Heroes in groups of fours and twos is an failure of an idea worse than cross era Itself! It causes unbalance and the experience of 36 players in the lobby to be miserable. In games like battlefield being a trooper is more than being cannon fodder or merely going to a boring process to accumulate enough BP to magically transform into a special unit in less than 5 minutes. Being a trooper in this game should encourage team work, It should make you feel like you matter to the outcome of the match, and It should be fun enough to not even make you want stop playing as one, but in this game we are forced to hate It because of how Its being handled, and ultimately we are incapable of enjoying the game unless we're a hero or reinforcement.

You may ask what does battlefield have to do with this game? To quote master Yoda's wise words "EVERYTHING".

Battlefront was born from battlefield, once upon a time they were infantry centric games and Its thanks to Pandemic's franchise you have your beloved Herofront today that EA vandalized and destroyed.

As you can see devs noone is happy with your game except a few loud minority, the majority of people want a dramatic chage in how the hero system works, this would automatically improve the game to be miles better than Its current state without having to add any content. These threads will never stop coming until something is done, because I bought a game called Battlefront, so make It play the way Its called.

Well said. I would prefer era lock for heroes but even limiting their number overall would make the game much more enjoyable. HvV is for hero play. The large scale gamemodes should still have heroes but not the way they are now.
  • bfloo
    16057 posts Member
    People really are mad that a STAR WARS game has a lot of emphasis on hero’s and expect to take out all hero’s 1v1 with a trooper. This forum never disappoints with opinions. Play with friends, it’s quite easy to take down hero’s in a herd of wild mad lads

This is not a direct follow up from the older ones, different company and they have said multiple times they aren’t looking to repeat those games. Again, STAR WARS is hero centric, BATTLEFIELD would be a better argument for infantry centric.

Exactly! That's the point. They used battlefront to make money off the battlefront OG fans. Different company + different theme = different series name. Not the game I bought it for personally.

I did :'(
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

Exactly! That's the point. They used battlefront to make money off the battlefront OG fans. Different company + different theme = different series name. Not the game I bought it for personally.

I did :'(

I was naive and thought they would release the game with decent offline gameplay...
  • David1543 wrote: »
    Battlefield is miles better than this game, I can be engaged in exciting matches over and over for many hours and weeks in titles that came years ago, but after 2 or 3 games of GA/CS I already feel like vomiting. And do you know why? Its not even the lack of fresh content being added at a very low rate, but the gameplay Itself sucks. Limiting heroes to 1 per faction would transform this game so radically that It could turn into one of the best games of all time overnight.

Heroes in groups of fours and twos is an failure of an idea worse than cross era Itself! It causes unbalance and the experience of 36 players in the lobby to be miserable. In games like battlefield being a trooper is more than being cannon fodder or merely going to a boring process to accumulate enough BP to magically transform into a special unit in less than 5 minutes. Being a trooper in this game should encourage team work, It should make you feel like you matter to the outcome of the match, and It should be fun enough to not even make you want stop playing as one, but in this game we are forced to hate It because of how Its being handled, and ultimately we are incapable of enjoying the game unless we're a hero or reinforcement.

You may ask what does battlefield have to do with this game? To quote master Yoda's wise words "EVERYTHING".

Battlefront was born from battlefield, once upon a time they were infantry centric games and Its thanks to Pandemic's franchise you have your beloved Herofront today that EA vandalized and destroyed.

As you can see devs noone is happy with your game except a few loud minority, the majority of people want a dramatic chage in how the hero system works, this would automatically improve the game to be miles better than Its current state without having to add any content. These threads will never stop coming until something is done, because I bought a game called Battlefront, so make It play the way Its called.

You have no idea what the majority or minority are. However, I'd be willing to wager that the majority of people prefer hero play anyway. Blame the devs for wrecking HvV, leaving your precious trooper modes as the only way for hero players to enjoy a mode with an actual objective.

If they put more effort into providing a variety of hero modes for the folks who want to play with them, you wouldn't have so many "herolords" playing Dynasty Warriors with your emotions.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • SrawDawg
    1013 posts Member
    The great mystery of motivation.
  • Defbored
    1548 posts Member
    David1543 wrote: »
    Forgive me for my blasphemy but I find extraction boring. My thing is large scale type of modes and I like when all the resources of the game are present at the same time, troopers ,vehicles, starfighters, even heroes. I personally don't care if we get a trooper only mode or not, having heroes in the game is not my problem, but having 3 to 4 of them for only 4k is. If they were limited to 2 or preferably 1 for at least 8k this game would be more trooper oriented.

Era locked GA event was the best thing to have ever happened to this game. Heroes were only 2 per side and the BP system was fair, the fact this is not permanent shows the devs have no clue of anything and have made their game progressively worse since then.

Yup i could accept heroes if they were heavily limited but with the way how it currently is? no way im playing that game again...
    Last time i played it was when they added CS but after 1-2 rounds i deleted the game once and for all and never looked back...
    And after all this months the game hasnt changed into Battlefront yet.. nope its getting more and more Hero focused and basicly turns into SW Heroes Unleashed...

Dont take someone elses Franchise Name next time when you dont have any intentions to reproduce it with your own new touch but still true to the original.

You have looked back. You’re on a forum dedicated to the game lol.
  • Defbored wrote: »
    Forgive me for my blasphemy but I find extraction boring. My thing is large scale type of modes and I like when all the resources of the game are present at the same time, troopers ,vehicles, starfighters, even heroes. I personally don't care if we get a trooper only mode or not, having heroes in the game is not my problem, but having 3 to 4 of them for only 4k is. If they were limited to 2 or preferably 1 for at least 8k this game would be more trooper oriented.

Era locked GA event was the best thing to have ever happened to this game. Heroes were only 2 per side and the BP system was fair, the fact this is not permanent shows the devs have no clue of anything and have made their game progressively worse since then.

Yup i could accept heroes if they were heavily limited but with the way how it currently is? no way im playing that game again...
    Last time i played it was when they added CS but after 1-2 rounds i deleted the game once and for all and never looked back...
    And after all this months the game hasnt changed into Battlefront yet.. nope its getting more and more Hero focused and basicly turns into SW Heroes Unleashed...

Dont take someone elses Franchise Name next time when you dont have any intentions to reproduce it with your own new touch but still true to the original.

The forums are the endgame.
    My name is Bob

• I still can't believe EA has only made 2 games with the license. I don't count mobile games, sorry. Battlefront was always my favorite back in the day, but it was cool to have Rogue squadron, Jedi knight, Knights of the old republic. All star wars, just different flavors
  • Alwe15 wrote: »
    You didn't think of Finn, Han, Leia or Chewie as Heroes? Why not?

Do they epitomize your definition of "hero"? If so, I think you have a fairly broad connotation. Like I said, I could easily throw in Mr. Binks in to your Hero-classification.
  • ID_8615 wrote: »
    Alwe15 wrote: »

Do they epitomize your definition of "hero"? If so, I think you have a fairly broad connotation. Like I said, I could easily throw in Mr. Binks in to your Hero-classification.

Ur silly. Jar jar and leia are the same?
  • Alwe15
    1607 posts Member
    ID_8615 wrote: »

🤔 I'm not sure why you don't. Thanks to Han, Luke wasn't killed by Vader during the Trench Run and was able to destroy the Death Star. Thanks to Han, Luke didn't freeze to death on Hoth.

That's just an example.

What do you define as Hero?
    🤔 I'm not sure why you don't. Thanks to Han, Luke wasn't killed by Vader during the Trench Run and was able to destroy the Death Star. Thanks to Han, Luke didn't freeze to death on Hoth.

That's just an example.

Great - I was hoping you would go there. Why does Han, then get extra health, extra weaponry in BF2? Biggs, by the way, ALSO saved Luke from death PRIOR to the Trench Run. Is he not a hero? How about Porkins? Red Leader? (He told Luke to "git to it" rather than piddle around with other stuff.) Point is - there are ordinary troopers doing extraordinary, heroic things all over the Star Wars saga. How about the dudes who stole an Imperial Lamba Class Shuttle for Han and Leia to use on their trip to Endor? Someone had to do that. How about all those Bothans? No love for Wedge Antilles, I guess. 🤔

And yet, Finn - ordinary First Order Trooper - gets a phenomenal blaster. Dead Eye shooting skills (though he has problems with star fighter gunnery in the films). And fantastic health compared to other troopers. Even though, I believe it was someone from his own squadron that opened a can of whooop-_***** on him at Maz's castle. He came from the same squadron (Nines, was it? I may have to check on Wookiepeedia) yet was 1-shot killed by Chewie's XBow. Guess he didn't have heroic health that Finn is given in BF2. Finn also gets to buff up others and spam in the interlinks with "I think I see how this is done".

How are Finn, Bossk, Boba, Phasma, Han, Leia, & Iden given super-human, heroic health in BF2?

And make sure you absolutely differentiate them from JarJar. 👍
  • People really are mad that a STAR WARS game has a lot of emphasis on hero’s and expect to take out all hero’s 1v1 with a trooper. This forum never disappoints with opinions. Play with friends, it’s quite easy to take down hero’s in a herd of wild mad lads

Also isn’t it ironic that when we were having the “too much CW content” discussion you were some of the few people that stated what they did in previous games didn’t matter, when comparing the amount of CW content. But now when it fits your narrative it matters what was in older games regarding trooper content? Strange

I dont care about the theme of new content... i care about GAMEPLAY and proper resembling of the name Battlefront. So far DICE hasnt created a good and worthy Battlefront game. 2015 one was close, 2017 one is a desaster
  • Defbored wrote: »

I still wanna see a true proper new Battlefront game in my life.
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    to sum up this Thread

"i hate heroes i want battlefield but in star Wars and everybody who says otherwise is wrong, dumb and not a real Star Wars Fan"

Dude if i didnt know any better i would say youre the current president of the United States of America cause thats about the Niveau of your argumentation.

Now to proceed to flame me how i am wrong and you are the only one right^^

On a sidenote: Remember Battlefront2 2005? Where a Hero could kill a tank in 5 swings, one shot every trooper except the special Unit with more health and the force sprints and jumps were incredidbly high?
    Or the fact that they had HoK from the beginning? I loved that Game and i love this one

Yes but there were never 8 heroes in BF2005. One per side was the norm.

Most hero mains tend to forget that little tidbit of information.

I forgot to mention that yes.My apologies.

I dont really play GA so cant really speak on that but in CS two Heroes per side seem fair at least in my opinion.

My intention with the reference to BF2 2005 was rather to show that heroes back then were even stronger

All due respect, I don't understand why you would haunt the forums like some poltergeist given you haven't played for "months".

Because i care about the Battlefront brand? I want a proper Battlefront game?

Most of you younger players dont seem to understand us old players...
    to sum up this Thread

"i hate heroes i want battlefield but in star Wars and everybody who says otherwise is wrong, dumb and not a real Star Wars Fan"

Dude if i didnt know any better i would say youre the current president of the United States of America cause thats about the Niveau of your argumentation.

On a sidenote: Remember Battlefront2 2005? Where a Hero could kill a tank in 5 swings, one shot every trooper except the special Unit with more health and the force sprints and jumps were incredidbly high?
    Or the fact that they had HoK from the beginning? I loved that Game and i love this one

I dont really play GA so cant really speak on that but in CS two Heroes per side seem fair at least in my opinion.

My intention with the reference to BF2 2005 was rather to show that heroes back then were even stronger

It’s like in the 15 game which I though was great, heroes were powerful yet having only one kept the game balanced. I personally wish they would have kept that formula.

you think BF15 was great? Oh boi. Maybe in regards of Heroes in Big Modes but in every other aspect it was disgusting how EA ruined Dices Game.

4 Maps at launch for 60 Bucks and 50 Bucks to get like 4 Maps more so after 110 bucks you had less Maps then in BF17.

Dont get me wrong i have around 300 hours in BF15 but objectively this Game was only good in terms of Graphics, Atmosphere and immersion.

It was in so many ways unfinished at release and still after release had some big issues (im sorry but the Power up system was ****, i like the current system with the Battle Points a lot more, since you have to actually play to get to Reinforcements, Tanks and Heroes, instead of just Camping the Hero Power Up spawns), it had only one Era which is ... well its bad at least imo.

Walker Assault is basically the same Linear Game Mode as is Galactic Assault but Galactiv Assault is much more diverse since it plays out quite different on each while WA played out the same on every Map(i still enjoyed it though)

BF15 became a good Game after youd spent 110 Bucks and about 1,5 years after release and i think the nostalgia some people here hold for this Game is ignorance of the huge problems that Game had.

Oh god there i go rambling again... i was thinking of making an in depth breakdown comparison of BF15 and BF17 and post it. But its not worth cause im not gonna change anyones opinion.

I personally enjoy BF17 a lot more then BF15 but thats my opinion and if you think its the other way around feel free to feel so.
    But i cant stand the argumentation of some people with obvious Nostalgia goggles on that just want to trash this Game disregarding Facts. This Game is far from perfect but its also far from the mess people make it out to be.

Sorry for the rant but i had to blow off some steam

Cheers

Wat?
    BF2015 launched with 4 PLANETS not Maps...
    The PAID DLC was worth its money. I got a buckload of new weapons and overall the post launch DLC wasnt just a hero here and a hero there...
    I got a lot of maps for my money. Cant say the same for Mediocrefront 2: Heroes Unleashed

You had 4 maps for the "relevant" modes. Since its a discussion about GA and CS i ignored the smaller modes in my argumentation.

And if its worth it is subjective.
    Yes you got new weapons(which id love to have in this Game)
    But BF17 started with almost triple the amount of maps or "planets" and youre getting new maps and heroes for free(this was official even before the lootbox desaster).

So the only thing BF15 has as advantage is more weapons
    And im sorry paying almost double the price for still less maps, less heroes but more weapons doesnt seem that good for me.

Sidenote: the maps were already in the Datafiles and were deliberatly held back to have a paid dlc. The new Maps in BF17 were as far as i now developed after launch. Not sure on that last one feel free to correct me

Cheers
    to sum up this Thread

It’s like in the 15 game which I though was great, heroes were powerful yet having only one kept the game balanced. I personally wish they would have kept that formula.

you think BF15 was great? Oh boi. Maybe in regards of Heroes in Big Modes but in every other aspect it was disgusting how EA ruined Dices Game.

4 Maps at launch for 60 Bucks and 50 Bucks to get like 4 Maps more so after 110 bucks you had less Maps then in BF17.

Dont get me wrong i have around 300 hours in BF15 but objectively this Game was only good in terms of Graphics, Atmosphere and immersion.

It was in so many ways unfinished at release and still after release had some big issues (im sorry but the Power up system was ****, i like the current system with the Battle Points a lot more, since you have to actually play to get to Reinforcements, Tanks and Heroes, instead of just Camping the Hero Power Up spawns), it had only one Era which is ... well its bad at least imo.

Walker Assault is basically the same Linear Game Mode as is Galactic Assault but Galactiv Assault is much more diverse since it plays out quite different on each while WA played out the same on every Map(i still enjoyed it though)

BF15 became a good Game after youd spent 110 Bucks and about 1,5 years after release and i think the nostalgia some people here hold for this Game is ignorance of the huge problems that Game had.

Oh god there i go rambling again... i was thinking of making an in depth breakdown comparison of BF15 and BF17 and post it. But its not worth cause im not gonna change anyones opinion.

I personally enjoy BF17 a lot more then BF15 but thats my opinion and if you think its the other way around feel free to feel so.
    But i cant stand the argumentation of some people with obvious Nostalgia goggles on that just want to trash this Game disregarding Facts. This Game is far from perfect but its also far from the mess people make it out to be.

Cheers

Yes I did actually, loved it, imo it trumps this game on almost every level. It had fewer maps but they were miles better than what we have now. Imo 80% if this games maps are awful, meaning they feel more like work that fun. This game is bad by design though. The only decent small mode are HvV and a copy/paste extraction from 15. I hear SA is great but is has been ignored.

As for the lack of content we had Cargo, DropZone, Hero Hunt, HvV, Droid Run, Extraction, Sabotage, Walker Assualt, Turning Point, SA, and Supremacy. Then add in the companion app along with detailed stats, private matches, more skins, Hutt contracts, better weapons, more customization, it’s no comparison imo and this game by comparison feels like a generic knockoff. I guess some liked the below average campaign though.

As to the token system it was sorta lame but fair, it was miles better that the bp systen that any scrub can exploit. Imo Starwars is nostalgia, we’re talking about something from the 70’s, 80’s then again through the 2000’s. I still play 2 a little but only because it’s SW. To each their own, we’ll have to agree to disagree and I fully respect your opinion

Cheers.
    to sum up this Thread

Cheers

Yes I did actually, loved it, imo it trumps this game on almost every level. It had fewer maps but they were miles better than what we have now. Imo 80% if this games maps are awful, meaning they feel more like work that fun. This game is bad by design though. The only decent small mode are HvV and a copy/paste extraction from 15. I hear SA is great but is has been ignored.

As for the lack of content we had Cargo, DropZone, Hero Hunt, HvV, Droid Run, Extraction, Sabotage, Walker Assualt, Turning Point, SA, and Supremacy. Then add in the companion app along with detailed stats, private matches, more skins, Hutt contracts, better weapons, more customization, it’s no comparison imo and this game by comparison feels like a generic knockoff. I guess some liked the below average campaign though.

As to the token system it was sorta lame but fair, it was miles better that the bp systen that any scrub can exploit. Imo Starwars is nostalgia, we’re talking about something from the 70’s, 80’s then again through the 2000’s. I still play 2 a little but only because it’s SW. To each their own, we’ll have to agree to disagree and I fully respect your opinion

Cheers.

Nice to see some manners here^^

Yea well to each their own. Which maps you like more is entirely subjective(im just gonna assume youre not a professional designer of sorts cause i sure as ***** aint).

I think the Maps in BF17 are more diverse and feel more unique but if you feel different thats up to you.

I personally hated the token system as it was imo easier to exploit once you knew the spawns. The BP system is in theory fairer by default but some Star Cards and ingame Mechanics make it abusable id agree on that.

I never really played the smaller modes neither in BF15 nor BF17 so i cant comment on that, and yea i agree the Hutt contracts were nice and to be fair most of the DLC content was quite good, it still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth that this content shouldve have been in the Game from the start and not be extra for 50 Bucks(more so since the release of BF was pretty much underwhelming in terms of content) and id never had bought the season pass (but i got lucky and won one in our local Media Outlet so yay for me).

I guess it comes down to preference and the fact that BF17 has more eras to offer (im a prequel Kid) makes it even better in my eyes but i can see the merit of BF15(as i said i have my fair share of hours in it).

Cheers
    to sum up this Thread

Cheers

Cheers.

Nice to see some manners here^^

Yea well to each their own. Which maps you like more is entirely subjective(im just gonna assume youre not a professional designer of sorts cause i sure as **** aint).

I think the Maps in BF17 are more diverse and feel more unique but if you feel different thats up to you.

I personally hated the token system as it was imo easier to exploit once you knew the spawns. The BP system is in theory fairer by default but some Star Cards and ingame Mechanics make it abusable id agree on that.

I never really played the smaller modes neither in BF15 nor BF17 so i cant comment on that, and yea i agree the Hutt contracts were nice and to be fair most of the DLC content was quite good, it still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth that this content shouldve have been in the Game from the start and not be extra for 50 Bucks(more so since the release of BF was pretty much underwhelming in terms of content) and id never had bought the season pass (but i got lucky and won one in our local Media Outlet so yay for me).

I guess it comes down to preference and the fact that BF17 has more eras to offer (im a prequel Kid) makes it even better in my eyes but i can see the merit of BF15(as i said i have my fair share of hours in it).

Cheers

See I like when two people can quell their differences and meet an understanding
  • We get it, you hate heroes.

Yeah, all those damned Force users running around really annoy people. I’m guessing the go to basketball games and complain that the players are moving around too much.
  • Got on BF2015 the past 3 nights - enjoyed the Trooper play every minute of it. Saw but 1 Palpatine. Never had to bother with hero spam.
  • SQJACKIE
    1249 posts Member
    Hey, what do you guys think about this idea? Could change the game a little
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/143364/this-could-be-a-nice-addition-to-cs#latest
  • Alwe15
    1607 posts Member

That's just an example.

Great - I was hoping you would go there. Why does Han, then get extra health, extra weaponry in BF2? Biggs, by the way, ALSO saved Luke from death PRIOR to the Trench Run. Is he not a hero? How about Porkins? Red Leader? (He told Luke to "git to it" rather than piddle around with other stuff.) Point is - there are ordinary troopers doing extraordinary, heroic things all over the Star Wars saga. How about the dudes who stole an Imperial Lamba Class Shuttle for Han and Leia to use on their trip to Endor? Someone had to do that. How about all those Bothans? No love for Wedge Antilles, I guess. 🤔

And yet, Finn - ordinary First Order Trooper - gets a phenomenal blaster. Dead Eye shooting skills (though he has problems with star fighter gunnery in the films). And fantastic health compared to other troopers. Even though, I believe it was someone from his own squadron that opened a can of whooop-_***** on him at Maz's castle. He came from the same squadron (Nines, was it? I may have to check on Wookiepeedia) yet was 1-shot killed by Chewie's XBow. Guess he didn't have heroic health that Finn is given in BF2. Finn also gets to buff up others and spam in the interlinks with "I think I see how this is done".

How are Finn, Bossk, Boba, Phasma, Han, Leia, & Iden given super-human, heroic health in BF2?

And make sure you absolutely differentiate them from JarJar. 👍

Yeah, so I'm not entirely sure what you want from me here 🤷🏼‍♂️

Biggs / Porkins / Nines. All Heroes maybe?

I mean the term is pretty subjective. Clearly Jar Jar is your Hero.

However, for the purpose of multimedia, the creator usually chooses the Heroes and Villains for us...

Sure, ordinary soldiers doing heroic things each scene. However, compare the runtime of their appearances with that of the Heroes and you'll see why we have who we have.
    to sum up this Thread

Cheers

Wat?
    BF2015 launched with 4 PLANETS not Maps...
    The PAID DLC was worth its money. I got a buckload of new weapons and overall the post launch DLC wasnt just a hero here and a hero there...
    I got a lot of maps for my money. Cant say the same for Mediocrefront 2: Heroes Unleashed

You had 4 maps for the "relevant" modes. Since its a discussion about GA and CS i ignored the smaller modes in my argumentation.

There goes all your credibility. The smaller modes aren't irrelevant just because you don't care about them. Cargo was and still is one of the most popular game modes.

Re: nostalgia, it's not nostalgia for some members, as they're still playing BF15.

I think your mixing some things up. I never saud they are irrelevant but that they are irrelevant to me since i dont or just occassionally play them and therefore cant form an opinion on them.

And since the subject of this discussion were heroes i focused on the 2 largescale mode which include heroes which i think i made rather clear.

So either A you misunderstood me and therefore feel provoked that i find your favorite modes irrelavant.
    If thats the case im sorry that wasnt my intention.

Or B you purposefully misread my comment to discredit my entire argumentation based on an interpretation that fits your narrative.

Either way i dont see how it takes away the credibility of my arguments which i think ive presented in a neutral and argumentative way.

And since youre making a point without basis(cargo to be one lf the more popular Gamesmodes) i have to assume its the latter.
    I know for a fact that in BF15 Supremacy,Turning Point and Walker Assault were the most played modes since in every battlefield,battlefront etc games the largescale modes hold the most players and are for the majority the ones that provide the most fun.

Thats why i based my argumentation around them and not because i "hate"smaller modes.

Cheers
    Easy - capitulation. Thank you.

If you believe Finn & Han are heroes, than you also must conclude JarJar Binks is a hero.
    If you believe Finn, Han, Leia, Chewie, Phasma, Iden are deserved of an abundance of health, firepower, and special abilities, than so should my Base-4 Trooper. Because there is NO DIFFERENCE.

That is what is so super annoying to me about how BF2 is pitching "Heroes". Even for those who espouse constantly for more Clone Wars' stuff, do they not realize how many super-human heroes---jedi---were 1-shot-killed by their former, average base-4 trooper teammates? Did Lucas not get the memo? That jedi get damage reduction from anything base-4 ???
    For all those who shout "stick to the canon" -- we have numerous departures from it in this Battlefront2 that did not happen in BF2015. One glaring example is Vader fighting himself. If you're going to permit cross-era heroes, why not cross-era battledroids on Star-Killer base and have First Order Officers lead the droid armies of Naboo?? If you are going to have "heroes" at all mixed in with troops, why are they not pursuing heroic objectives?

If you're going to have cross-era weapons & heroes, what stops you from breaking other tenets of the Star Wars universe?

That is my point. That DICE have cherry-picked how they want to create this game. Sticking to the canon is immaterial. Deciding who or WHAT defines heroism is completely up to the whims of the DICE Dev Team. There is no standard. Hence, the chip on my shoulder, and every one else who enjoys trooper play only to be slaughtered mercilessly by supposed-hero spam in GA & CS. If Finn gets hero status, I want the same hero status for my base-4 trooper. And just like Buddy says in The Incredibles, "then, when everyone is a hero, no one will be". And the playing field will be level once more.
  • Alwe15
    1607 posts Member
    Easy - capitulation. Thank you.

Capitulation - No.

Confusion - Yes.

Boredom of the "argument" you're presenting - Absolutely.
  • Alwe15
    1607 posts Member

All due respect, I don't understand why you would haunt the forums like some poltergeist given you haven't played for "months".

...but this is a specific forum for Battlefront 2. A game you've already written off and don't play any longer. The progression of this game should be influenced by those still playing and not sour quitters.

Don't assume my age. "Younger player" indeed.

...but this is a specific forum for Battlefront 2. A game you've already written off and don't play any longer. The progression of this game should be influenced by those still playing and not sour quitters.

Don't assume my age. "Younger player" indeed.

@Alwe15

Honestly dont pay this guy any mind. You can't say you hate the game one minute then say " Oh but I stay on the forums to complain about why I left what it takes to bring me back" Thats like your ex girlfriend who keeps talking trash about you because she cares for you.
  • If they release a decent PVE mode involving Capital Supremacy with a smarter IA (with hero IA too, max 1 per side) all the hero spam and annoyances will be solved in one go
  • Lyc4n
    1493 posts Member
    Lemme approach this a different way. While there should be a trooper only mode to cater to all the trooperlords out there, having heroes in GA and CS gives it spice and variety. There are many ways to kill heroes with troopers and not to mention vehicles, most of which have low BP costs. Im just sick of the same people making posts spewing hatred for heroes just cause a hero killed their base 4 trooper. This guy even went so far as to say the majority of people want less heroes and I just dont believe thats true. Then he went on to insinuate that because he plays Battlefield hes a better gamer than us casual Battlefront players. This isnt Battlefield. Its Star Wars Battlefront. It caters to a much wider audience than Battlefield. I also challenge anyone to name a single Star Wars film that didnt focus on the main characters(heroes and villains) I really am done with this post now. MTFBWY. That is all.

I agree with most of this but the end. Thats probably the worste argument ever. A film needs main characters and it needs character development to be good. No one would make a movie that has no main characters and is just a one hour movie of a battle with random clones with no names dying. That would be awfull. And if you made a movie about a group of clones, they would be named characters and then be restricted to heroes, just like any clone commander or iden versio who in my opinion should be a reinforcement instead of a hero. Anyone who is named and appears in a movie or series wil lbe reserved for a hero even if they are better suited to be a skin for a normal class or a rainforcement.
  • Lyc4n wrote: »
    Lemme approach this a different way. While there should be a trooper only mode to cater to all the trooperlords out there, having heroes in GA and CS gives it spice and variety. There are many ways to kill heroes with troopers and not to mention vehicles, most of which have low BP costs. Im just sick of the same people making posts spewing hatred for heroes just cause a hero killed their base 4 trooper. This guy even went so far as to say the majority of people want less heroes and I just dont believe thats true. Then he went on to insinuate that because he plays Battlefield hes a better gamer than us casual Battlefront players. This isnt Battlefield. Its Star Wars Battlefront. It caters to a much wider audience than Battlefield. I also challenge anyone to name a single Star Wars film that didnt focus on the main characters(heroes and villains) I really am done with this post now. MTFBWY. That is all.

I agree with most of this but the end. Thats probably the worste argument ever. A film needs main characters and it needs character development to be good. No one would make a movie that has no main characters and is just a one hour movie of a battle with random clones with no names dying. That would be awfull. And if you made a movie about a group of clones, they would be named characters and then be restricted to heroes, just like any clone commander or iden versio who in my opinion should be a reinforcement instead of a hero. Anyone who is named and appears in a movie or series wil lbe reserved for a hero even if they are better suited to be a skin for a normal class or a rainforcement.

Yes that is true however you missed the point I was trying to make entirely. This game is based on the Star Wars universe which is full of beloved heroes and villains and it would be asinine to exclude them from the game. That was the point I was trying to make I guess I should have just said that instead LOL. Im only responding because you presented a valid arguement. As a general rule Im not gonna respond to this OPs ridiculous, whiny and abusive posts anymore. MTFBWY
  • Lyc4n
    1493 posts Member
    Lyc4n wrote: »

Yes that is true however you missed the point I was trying to make entirely. This game is based on the Star Wars universe which is full of beloved heroes and villains and it would be asinine to exclude them from the game. That was the point I was trying to make I guess I should have just said that instead LOL. Im only responding because you presented a valid arguement. As a general rule Im not gonna respond to this OPs ridiculous, whiny and abusive posts anymore. MTFBWY

Yeah i totally agree with that, personally in bigger modes i rather play as infantry and reinforcements but i love playing hvv and i do enjoy seeing heroes and killing them. Heroes should have always been in this game, i feel like the core of the troopers is broken though which is y i would rather see more reinforcements and new star cards for infantry. Ide like a weapon for each class though. Apart from this i really dont see why heroes and troopers cant coexist without one person saying to the other that the game should be based on what they enjoy.

All we need is to be rewarded for killing a hero and for the team losing the hero to be punished, eg a cooldown on that hero being used.
  • Lyc4n wrote: »
    Lyc4n wrote: »

Yeah i totally agree with that, personally in bigger modes i rather play as infantry and reinforcements but i love playing hvv and i do enjoy seeing heroes and killing them. Heroes should have always been in this game, i feel like the core of the troopers is broken though which is y i would rather see more reinforcements and new star cards for infantry. Ide like a weapon for each class though. Apart from this i really dont see why heroes and troopers cant coexist without one person saying to the other that the game should be based on what they enjoy.

All we need is to be rewarded for killing a hero and for the team losing the hero to be punished, eg a cooldown on that hero being used.

I agree with you totally. I love the heroes and villains but there is nothing in this game more satisfying than melting a hero with your base 4 trooper.
  • SrawDawg
    1013 posts Member
    Yet it is still IMHO a better multiplayer experience than Battlefield V.
  • If you hate heroes just play blast or Strike or extraction