criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

[removed] just torpedoed the prospect of a Clone Commando announcement at Gamescom

ZephanUnbound
3059 posts Member
edited August 17
About a week ago somebody asked F8RGE about the rumors that Clone Commandos would be announced at Gamescom. He responded, saying that people shouldn’t believe every rumor they hear.

Well today F8RGE directly shot down a Clone Commando announcement at Gamescom:

For those wondering what “the prophecy” refers to, it is referring to an older tweet from F8RGE, where he said he couldn’t wait for players to see “______ and _______”. It was later confirmed that the first blank was ARC troopers, but the second blank has still yet to be announced. F8RGE recently confirmed that the prophecy will be fulfilled at Gamescom with the announcement of the 2nd blank, and most people assumed that it would be Clone Commandos, but now it looks like it’s not Clone Commandos. What could the 2nd blank be?

[Mod edit: title edited as calling out community manager and official in thread titles is not allowed on the forums]
Post edited by IIPrest0nII on

Replies

• They're known for lying & you believe this lie?

True, it could be another misdirection like that crashed speeder debris claim they made to hide the droideka. I hope that is the case because we need Clone Commandos to counter droidekas.
  • You've WALKEd straight into Ben's web of deception...
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Hoping it they add more Special Units they’re for the ST and/or the OT eras.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Sad news.

1bfioawlu399.png
  • Ever thought about the possibility that the Clone Commandos could still be announced even if they're not the "Prophecy"?
  • Lyc4n
    1351 posts Member
    PO1977 wrote: »
    Ever thought about the possibility that the Clone Commandos could still be announced even if they're not the "Prophecy"?

In the prophecy it had #togetherbrothers which implies another clone reinforcement. I dont think they will add two more reinforcements for clones. So if they are not the prophecy, i highly doubt they will come to the game. Not for a very long time anyway because other eras need their focus now.
  • Lyc4n
    1351 posts Member
    Rinku wrote: »
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    I really want them in the game, what a mistake it would be to not put them in, i would actually be kind of disappointed. I fear that they may have chosen to replace them with the bad batch or something due to the new season of the clone wars. This would be a mistake. I really hope they are announced.

It would be a huge mistake to replace Clone Commandos with Bad Batch. Commandos are way more iconic.

And broader as well. To make bad batch a reinforcement would sort of contradict their argument for why iden is a hero and not a reinforcement i guess so they probably wont be happening. I think it would be like a middle finger to be so close to getting clone commandos but getting then instead😂😂
  • Lyc4n
    1351 posts Member
    Hesha wrote: »
    If it isn’t clone commandos I think I’m done with this game.

I mean i wont be done with the game but i will be disapointed and not as hyped to play it as much anymore.
  • CC_1010
    2167 posts Member
    You've WALKEd straight into Ben's web of deception...

Designed by the dark lord of the gaming industry this web is. For now, play his game we must.
  • @F8RGE
    rqy5ykxyjgmk.jpeg
    Is this some out of season April fools joke?
  • Remember, he is also the one who said that for every post criticizing this game there are 2 posts praising it.

I think he means there are only 2 posts in the entire forums praising the game.
  • ROMG4
    2902 posts Member
    edited August 17
    F8RGE recently confirmed that the prophecy will be fulfilled at Gamescom with the announcement of the 2nd blank, and most people assumed that it would be Clone Commandos, but now it looks like it’s not Clone Commandos. What could the 2nd blank be?

Indeed. What else has been long awaited for the past 2 years, is prequel content, and fulfills the mystery of The Phantom Blank for which the prophecy of ben originates?

640?cb=20111008201653

OOM-9 Shall ARISE

OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • bfloo
    15824 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    F8RGE recently confirmed that the prophecy will be fulfilled at Gamescom with the announcement of the 2nd blank, and most people assumed that it would be Clone Commandos, but now it looks like it’s not Clone Commandos. What could the 2nd blank be?

Indeed. What else has been long awaited for the past 2 years, is prequel content, and fulfills the mystery of The Phantom Blank for which the prophecy of ben originates?

640?cb=20111008201653

OOM-9 Shall ARISE

OOM-9 shall be all powahful and lead the illustrious droid army to victory \o/
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• ZephanUnbound
    3059 posts Member
    edited August 17
    We got another possible tease from Ben on Twitter today:

Could be a hint at an episode 2 Obi-Wan skin, Jedi Temple map, or maybe even a Jango hint since Obi-Wan was tracking Jango in that scene. Or it could be nothing *shrugs*
  • it doesn't mean Clone Commandos aren't coming at all. Just that they aren't part of "the prophecy". How long did they tell us Droidekas weren't on the way? lol
  • Lyc4n
    1351 posts Member
    it doesn't mean Clone Commandos aren't coming at all. Just that they aren't part of "the prophecy". How long did they tell us Droidekas weren't on the way? lol

If they dont get announced they will most likely not be coming, and why shoot them down making them seam like they wont get announced.
  • Rinku
    123 posts Member

Could be a hint at an episode 2 Obi-Wan skin, Jedi Temple map, or maybe even a Jango hint since Obi-Wan was tracking Jango in that scene. Or it could be nothing *shrugs*

If we are getting the Jedi Temple, we might also get Order 66. If they want to end the prequel content with a bang, then Order 66 would be the best way to do it.
    Open your eyes...
    ekn97qol2xso.gif

• ZephanUnbound
    3059 posts Member
    edited August 18

If we are getting the Jedi Temple, we might also get Order 66. If they want to end the prequel content with a bang, then Order 66 would be the best way to do it.

Yeah, I am wondering if maybe this new PvE mode they’re announcing is a co-op horde mode where a team of Jedi have to survive as many waves of Clones as possible inside the Jedi Temple. Could be kind of cool. Hopefully if that is the case we get the Jedi Temple map in HvV and Blast as well.
  • Rinku wrote: »

Yeah, I am wondering if maybe this new PvE mode they’re announcing is a co-op horde mode where a team of Jedi have to survive as many waves of Clones as possible inside the Jedi Temple. Could be kind of cool. Hopefully if that is the case we get the Jedi Temple map in HvV and Blast as well.

Yeah that would be excellent. And if the map is functional enough, then it could be used in other modes too.
  • Lyc4n
    1351 posts Member

They shot down the idea of it being a horde mode a while back
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    It's another Falcon

It's not

Lando x Nien Numb confirmed.
    It's Rogue One content.

It is.

Fixed.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • ROMG4
    2902 posts Member
    F8RGE wrote: »
    It's another Falcon

It's not

New bandaged chewbacca skin confirmed

Still betting on OOM's reveal at gamescom, can't change my mind
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • Ahsoka and ventress more than likely
    It's another Falcon

Oh no
  • We got another possible tease from Ben on Twitter today:

Stop looking for stuff that isn't there and you won't be disappointed.
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    "It's another falcon, it's not... Asoka"
    tenor.gif

Who is Asoka? You mean Ahsoka?

ON the topic of commando's, I don't care if they come or not. I'd rather weapons and BF2015 maps than more variations of clones.
  • EA_Rtas
    1437 posts EA Moderator
    F8RGE wrote: »
    It's another Falcon

It's not

Why must you play with my emotions.
  • He just said that Delta Squad wasn’t the prophecy, He never said that clone commandos weren’t ;)

Thank god I made this guess my heart is happy
  • Welp....thats where ya wrong kiddo
  • Who’s here after the latest CT
  • They're known for lying & you believe this lie?

See
  • Lies these images were
    ra0f91vyx255.jpg
    9wexqoicrpnu.png
  • Plus they love giving the LS buffs. More damage reduction on the way
  • And here are the Commandos!!! So what was the prophecy then if not Commandos?
  • Lyc4n
    1351 posts Member
    And here are the Commandos!!! So what was the prophecy then if not Commandos?

It wasnt delta squad specifically