criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Rey’s Dash Strike Should Break Blocks Again

Title says it all. Dash strike going through block really brought some variety to combat. Instead of just holding block you had to be cautious and time your dodges well when Rey was around.

Replies

• Yoda's dashs shouldn't go through blocks too. Now he has a decent attack speed and get's health on kill with the next patch, I hope they change it back.
  • Cadoth
    1182 posts Member
    GreenMarc wrote: »
    Yoda's dashs shouldn't go through blocks too. Now he has a decent attack speed and get's health on kill with the next patch, I hope they change it back.

I agree with you on this, but if Rey would ever get back the ability to break blocks (not go literally through them) with her dash strike it would definitely make her a little better in HvV, and trust me she wouldn’t be OP at all because beside her stamina she doesn’t have much to rely on against other lightsaber heroes
  • Cadoth wrote: »
    GreenMarc wrote: »
    Yoda's dashs shouldn't go through blocks too. Now he has a decent attack speed and get's health on kill with the next patch, I hope they change it back.

I agree with you on this, but if Rey would ever get back the ability to break blocks (not go literally through them) with her dash strike it would definitely make her a little better in HvV, and trust me she wouldn’t be OP at all because beside her stamina she doesn’t have much to rely on against other lightsaber heroes

Absolutely. People who say this would be OP forget that you have to aim with Rey’s dash strike, so it would take some level of skill. Small changes like this would make hero gameplay much more refreshing.
  • GreenMarc wrote: »

Yoda's Dash DAMAGES through blocks, Rey's Dash strike only would stagger allowing for a follow up strike if there is a possibility for that.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Lord_Tyrannus
    940 posts Member
    edited August 18
    I have no problem if they changed it because you can dodge it very easy or you can jump to avoid damage
  • Lawnmow3rMan
    4180 posts Member
    edited August 18
    Agree with this. Revert dash strike to break blocks again. It actually gave her an opening to punish Vader.... and get rid of Bobas air recovery!😁
  • I think Rey is in a good place at the moment, like yeah I kinda miss it but she steal is one of the better heroes.
  • Stop Yoda’s dash from going through block and don’t let Rey go through.
  • CC_1010
    2647 posts Member
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    Hmmm. I wouldn't be opposed to this, but if Rey's dash strike went through blocks then to me it's only fair if everyone with a dash ability should have the same treatment.

E.g. Claw Rush, Maul's Spin Attack, Kenobi's defensive rush, etc should also go through blocks if Rey's does. It's unbalanced to favour one hero over the others - that's why I'm annoyed that Yoda is currently clearly the favourite with his unnecessary dashing through blocks.

Claw rush dangers through blocks. Mails spin would be mega op if it stay as fast as it is.
  • Axone
    423 posts Member
    Yes to this proposal.Assuming that breaking through block mean knocking people to the ground and deal dmg. Though if it does that, then it can only go through one enemy and no more.
  • It's funny but i'm almost under the impression that Rey can just spam block characters like Maul, Dooku or Grievous and not be scared of anything. Why should she get a better treatment than those characters considering she's already better than them in GA ?
  • quark
    104 posts Member
    Should def. break block again.
    Seems like dash have been bugged in 2019 also. Mostly performing dash on ps4 make it run 1meter and fail completely.
    Others experience this?
  • Clone201
    3973 posts Member
    edited August 18
    I would be fine with her ability dealing damage through block IF it did not knock players down while they were blocking. Dealing damage and knocking players down from their block, leaving them prone to multiple hits (or fatal stunlocks), would give the saber spam meta another advantage.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • ROMG4
    2975 posts Member
    38aus2.jpg
    When no Rey buffs are coming
    _LIkQys1_400x400.jpeg
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    38aus2.jpg
    When no Rey buffs are coming
    _LIkQys1_400x400.jpeg

Lmao 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • ROMG4
    2975 posts Member
    Can we stop making every ability go through blocks. LS has 3 heroes that can do that already. Just time your moves right.

OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • quark
    104 posts Member
    Dash doesnt work now mostly in my experience. Can not hit 2-3 enemies with one dash anymore. The animation stops somehow after 1m.
    Its cool though, hope Dice will fix her dash (ps4)
  • MC_XIX wrote: »
    Hmmm. I wouldn't be opposed to this, but if Rey's dash strike went through blocks then to me it's only fair if everyone with a dash ability should have the same treatment.

E.g. Claw Rush, Maul's Spin Attack, Kenobi's defensive rush, etc should also go through blocks if Rey's does. It's unbalanced to favour one hero over the others - that's why I'm annoyed that Yoda is currently clearly the favourite with his unnecessary dashing through blocks.

Can we apply this logic to Blaster Heroes as well, please? How is it fair that Bossk, Iden, Han etc have multiple block-breaking abilities but Leia and Finn have none?? And whilst we’re talking about one hero being favoured over others, how is it fair that Boba is the only character with a jet pack, can use air-dodge plus air-recovery against force powers and explosive damage?? No other Blaster Hero has that luxury.
  • MC_XIX
    2115 posts Member
    MC_XIX wrote: »

Can we apply this logic to Blaster Heroes as well, please? How is it fair that Bossk, Iden, Han etc have multiple block-breaking abilities but Leia and Finn have none?? And whilst we’re talking about one hero being favoured over others, how is it fair that Boba is the only character with a jet pack, can use air-dodge plus air-recovery against force powers and explosive damage?? No other Blaster Hero has that luxury.

I don't really understand what you're getting at.

You're being a bit illogical. I suggested that all similar dash abilities - Claw Rush, Shoulder Charge, Dash Strike, etc. should share the same or at least very similar block-breaking effects. I suggested these changes to abilities which are all almost identical in principle and animation too.

You're talking about something completely different - characters as a whole. You're implying that you wish to completely revise their designs and make them nothing like what they are seen as in the movies or TV shows.

Why is Boba the only character with a jetpack, you ask? That would be because he IS the only Star Wars character from this game who uses a jetpack in the movies! Surely you're not proposing giving a jetpack to Leia Organa or Captain Phasma? They wouldn't be proper Star Wars characters if that happened. Regarding air recovery, that was added because Boba was killed effortlessly by one Pull Dominance from Anakin with no skill required on Anakin's part. Also, the various explosive weapons (particularly Heavy classes with explosive shot) made Boba essentially unplayable in GA.

I can understand block-breaking abilities being important features of blaster heroes which some are missing, so I'd be fine with a few heroes such as Finn being changed, but ultimately Finn is a support hero, not built to go 1v1 against sabers. He's not an offensive character, he's the behind-the-lines support who buffs his team to easy wins. Leia is also more of a support hero, as is Phasma. That's why they lack offensive and block-breaking abilities.
  • Yes can we have Rey's Dash Strike reverted back to as it was originally designed and intended to be