criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Question For The Battlefront Community? What Content Do You Want The Most In 2020 For BFII?

Prev13456
masontcarr
674 posts Member
edited October 3
i did 2019, earlier this year. but, now i'm gonna ask a Question for the Battlefront community on what they want to see in 2020. 2019, was a great year in content so far, with the release of Count Dooku, Anakin Skywalker, Capital Supremacy, Clone skin fixes, & new reinforcements. 2019 isn't over yet, but i'm gonna start the 2020 discussion early. There is still more content up ahead for 2019, like Felucia, Episode 9, and maybe a couple new heroes and hero skins as well. What do you want from Battlefront II in 2020? It can be heroes, reinforcements, weapons, modes, maps, skins, bug fixes, etc.
Post edited by masontcarr on

Replies

• masontcarr wrote: »
    i did 2019, earlier this year. but, now i'm gonna ask a Question for the Battlefront community on what they want to see in 2020. 2019, was a great year in content so far, with the release of Count Dooku, Anakin Skywalker, Capital Supremacy, Clone skin fixes, & new reinforcements. 2019 isn't over yet, but i'm gonna start the 2020 discussion early. There is still more content up ahead for 2019, like Felucia, Episode 9, and maybe a couple new heroes and hero skins as well. What do you want from Battlefront II in 2020? It can be heroes, weapons, modes, maps, skins, bug fixes, etc.

Hopefully we’ll get weapons and other things this year, but I’m terms of 2020: a few more blasters, more starcards, Rogue One, Thrawn, IG88, Ackbar, Baze, a ton of hero skins, balancing and bug fixing
  • spectrum_veteran
    42 posts Member
    edited August 14
    Rogue One content would freshen the game up.
  • Lyc4n
    1493 posts Member
    At least one new weapon for each class that offers something different.
    More skins for everyone:
    All aliens unlocked
    Male and female for all classes
    Reinforcements to have some skins aswell

More reinforcements are a necessity, make sure they are unique.
    A system to compete for score with your squads so squads have their own leaderboard at end of game when playing with friends
    Scariff
    More unique heroes eg pong krell. I dont care about the era of the hero, just make them visually and gameplay unique
    Other eras brought into CS along side an ability to choose which era to play, hopefully there will be a player base big enough by then.
    Finally and very undervalued, a revamp of all the current milestones, as we get more content we get more milestones, those of us playing from the begining dont notice but for someone new there must be a huge amount and some are very very difficult and tideous to achieve. Just have a look over them and change the numbers or method of completing some of them.
  • If I'm being realistic, I'd like Mygeeto and Scarif.

If I'm being overly optimistic, I'd like the maps I mentioned above with the inclusion of Cato Neimoidia for SFA, as well as new cards, weapons, and a slot for passive cards (like bounty hunter, body guard, etc).

==============================================================
    3ydnuscizll8.png
    Mygeeto CT thread + demo video!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/133499/outer-rim-community-transmission-demo-video-idea/p1
  • Rogue One content would freshen the game up.

yeah. after we get clone wars & episode 9 content, we need Rogue One.
  • 1. Mace Windu. Would love to play as him.
    2. Galactic Assault on Mustafar. I think a Mustafar map would be great.
    3. Original Trilogy and Sequel trilogy added to Capital Supremacy. Some maps like Hoth and Crait that allow for playing capital supremacy in different eras.
    4. Sequel trilogy skins for Luke, Han and Leia.
    5. Chancellor Palpatine skin for the Emporer. (Or possibly as a new hero to balance the sides if Mace Windu was added)

Mustafar would be freaking awesome. I've been saying that for a long time. Mace Windu would be great! Rogue one content would be most welcome as well as any new maps and new blasters(even one per trooper class). I would like to see new skins across-the-board Including battle damaged Vader and shirtless Maul. New Luke skins are a must. Lastly and most importantly what I really want from this game is freaking bug fixes.
  • a balanced and bug free game (will never happen though)
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    a balanced and bug free game (will never happen though)

Sadly youre probably right
  • lowell
    1710 posts Member
    edited August 14
    A Resistance Final Season/Galaxy's Edge/TROS season spreading from December to March (air date of Resistance Series Finale)

Resistance Final Season Trailer:

• 1. Large scale infantry only mode.
    2. Large scale offline mode (GA, CS, GC)

i hope so. would be cool to do that offline.
  • Rogue One content would freshen the game up.

x8k1cqt0j2*****.gif
    JEFF GOLDBLUM A GOD

• I think everyone and thier mothers want rouge one
  • MACE ¡
  • i want a originial and sequal trilogy era capital supremacy!
  • Blasters. Maps (all modes). Cargo. Skins for all heroes, all infantry factions and all special units.
    Now your speaking my language
    -New weapons or era specific weapons unlock
    -Cargo
    -Coruscant
    -More Hero skins for hero’s who doesn’t have any(Darth Vader, bossk, Finn, maul etc..)
    -More offline content like private matches and online split screen.
  • 1. Mace Windu. Would love to play as him.
    2. Galactic Assault on Mustafar. I think a Mustafar map would be great.
    3. Original Trilogy and Sequel trilogy added to Capital Supremacy. Some maps like Hoth and Crait that allow for playing capital supremacy in different eras.
    4. Sequel trilogy skins for Luke, Han and Leia.
    5. Chancellor Palpatine skin for the Emporer. (Or possibly as a new hero to balance the sides if Mace Windu was added)

Mustafar would be freaking awesome. I've been saying that for a long time. Mace Windu would be great! Rogue one content would be most welcome as well as any new maps and new blasters(even one per trooper class). I would like to see new skins across-the-board Including battle damaged Vader and shirtless Maul. New Luke skins are a must. Lastly and most importantly what I really want from this game is freaking bug fixes.

They should make a new special unit class so that way its even we have areial class enforcer class infiltrater class if they make a forth class it should be called the Defender class so for the republic it will be shock trooper for the sepratists magna guard they can make it to where the magna guards can walk on walls they can magnatize to walls and other metal things that's why there called magna guards then for the empire it will be the red royal guards and maybe a lasat similar to zeb from the rebels show just not zeb then for the first order I was thinking it should be either the elite preatorien guards or the riot troopers and maybe for the resistence they could make it moncalamari soldiers I think thats where the resistence I think a forth special unit class is needed I would really want to play as a magna guard, I already made up the abilities for the Defender class.
  • SQJACKIE
    1249 posts Member
    They could add anything but the game could already work fine
  • If all they did from now until the end of this game’s lifespan was add another map every 3-4 months I would be happy.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Iden appearances
    Real conquest
    T21
    Imperial Shock Trooper Skin
    Proper E-11
    Proper DLT-19

But iden already have so many appearances. What about Luke, Maul, bossk etc..
  • And Magna guards
  • OT and ST content.

I honestly really want new Starfighter Assault maps, but it’s more likely that we’ll get OT and ST ground based content instead.
  • First, I just want to say that I’m not a big hero user in the big game modes. That said, in 2020 I would like to see a significant addition (and variety in their roles) to available hero characters across all eras. Some that come to mind: Ahsoka, Ventress, Windu (and a couple more from the PT Jedi Council), Tarkin (I imagine him as being heavily geared towards a support role), Thrawn, maybe one or two of the heroes from Rebels (Sabine Wren would be interesting as a balancing character against DS Boba), and I guess a couple from the ST era (although who I’m not particularly sure).
    Second on my list, three to four new maps for GA and CS each would be nice.
    Lastly, a new, large-scale mode which would incorporate a star fighter phase/subsection for multiplayer (ex. taking CS, if prior to the boarding and destroying reactor phase, a star fighter battle phase were added to enable the attacking ships to board after the command posts phase has been won).
    Some other minor things too (mentioned already for the most part) but these are the main things that come to mind for my 2020 BF2 wishlist.
  • 1. Weapons
    2. Walker Assault maps
  • OutboundFlight1
    199 posts Member
    edited August 15
    This isn’t serious (especially December) but a dream nonetheless.

January
    —The OT comes to CS with Tatooine’s GA map

February
    —Hoth’s GA map added to CS
    —Luke skins
    —Hero Duels added

March
    —Endor’s GA map added to CS
    —New weapons to all main classes

April - EP 9 SEASON
    —The ST comes to CS with an all-new Episode Nine map

May
    —Crait’s GA map added to CS
    —Poe and Hux as heroes

June
    —Starkiller Base GA map added to CS
    —All Rebel / Resistance skins available for all classes

July
    —Large scale offline game mode
    —Jakku GA map added to CS

August
    —Takodona GA map added to CS
    —New reinforcements for OT and ST

September
    —Yavin 4 GA map added to CS
    —Chewie with C-3PO legendary skin
    —Damaged Vader legendary skin
    —Jango Fett legendary skin

October
    —Ahoska Tano and Ventress as duel wielding heroes
    —Clone commandos to counter Droidekas

November - RO SEASON
    —Scariff added to CS
    —Jyn Erso and Krennic heroes

December - ULTIMATE SEASON
    —Crait HvV map finished polishing
  • Old Republic content. And don't hit me with the canon nonsense. IDC!!
  • SrawDawg
    1013 posts Member
    I would ask for something even bigger and grander than CS. CS has really impressed me though for what it is and what it can do. I haven't seen a multiplayer that good in years.
  • MinuteMaid wrote: »
    Old Republic content. And don't hit me with the canon nonsense. IDC!!

But is it canon?
  • Chico
    534 posts Member
    Friendly vehicles not showing red on radar.

Saber stun and lock removed and saber combat becomes skill rather than spam-based

Leia, Lando and Finn become viable blaster heroes in HvV mode.

Xbox aim drift fixed

EOR MM won't split up a lobby and drop you into a lobby that never fills

Droideka Roll milestone fixed

Server lag fixed

Stop high latency players having a huge advantage in HvV

Why ask for content when there is so much fixing required to make this game reach its true potential? Dev time should be dedicated to this.until the game plays as intended.
  • Chico wrote: »
    Friendly vehicles not showing red on radar.

Saber stun and lock removed and saber combat becomes skill rather than spam-based

Leia, Lando and Finn become viable blaster heroes in HvV mode.

Xbox aim drift fixed

EOR MM won't split up a lobby and drop you into a lobby that never fills

Droideka Roll milestone fixed

Server lag fixed

Stop high latency players having a huge advantage in HvV

Why ask for content when there is so much fixing required to make this game reach its true potential? Dev time should be dedicated to this.until the game plays as intended.

Chewbacca also needs a buff.
  • Late to the party, as usual I am. Rogue one season as so graciously mentioned above already, Luke Skywalker in pilot uniform, Scariff,Sullust, perhaps some new blasters.
  • Sequel Trilogy, General Grievous changes and fixes.
  • I'd most like to see them expand Capital Supremacy to include ST and OT era.

They could start with Episode 9 content:
    • a brand new map designed specifically for CS with an appropriate cruiser for each side
    • 4 new heroes for ST era: Poe Dameron, General Hux, and two more from Ep 9.
    • retrofit existing GA maps for CS...Crait, Jakku, Takodana, Starkiller Base
    • Stagger the CS rotation to alternate between PT and ST maps.
    • New reinforcements for ST era from Ep 9

I would expect that to last into Spring 2020. At that point, shift back to OT era with some Rogue One content:
    • a brand new Scarif map designed specifically for CS with an Imperial Star Destroyer and Mon Calamari Cruiser
    • 4 new heroes: Jyn Erso, Cassian Andor, Krennic, Dengar
    • retrofit existaing GA maps for CS...Yavin 4, Hoth, Endor, Mos Eisley
    • Stagger CS rotation to alternate PT, ST, OT in sequence so that Phase 2 gets a rotation. It would be bad to play on the same Phase 2 for 5 maps in a row in sequence.

New weapons and plenty of cosmetics should be released throughout the year.

For Fall 2020, a Mandalore theme:
    • New Mandalore map designed for CS. This map would be PT era for the Siege of Mandalore.
    • New map from the Mandalorian show for the smaller game modes like they did Kessel, unless something bigger happens that can be used for CS
    • New heroes could include the Mandalorian, IG-88, Bo Katan, Pre-Visla w/Darksaber
    • New weapons and skins for the Mandalorian show.
    • New reinforcements such as Death Watch commandos, Night Owls Commandos
  • ZephanUnbound
    3084 posts Member
    edited August 16
    My hopes for the remainder of 2019 and 2020:

August: First new PvE mode

September-November: 2nd new PvE mode, Felucia, Ahsoka, Ventress, Clone Commandos, new weapons or mods for defaults, hero skins

December-January: Episode 9 small scale map, episode 9 skins and old Luke, Leia, Han skins, new ST reinforcements

February-March: The Mandalorian season; small scale map, Cara Dune/IG-11, hero skins

April-August: OT season, Jyn/Krennic, Scarif 2015 large scale port, Jedha small scale map, Sabine/Thrawn, OT Infiltrators, OT CS mode, Rebel tank, Hero and trooper skins

September-December: PT season; Padme/Aurra or Cad Bane, Mace/Sidious or Savage, Coruscant and/or Mustafar map, hero and droid skins
    Post edited by ZephanUnbound on
  • Zyder
    455 posts Member
    Mustafar, more maps in Extraction, ton of new weapons,
  • Lyc4n
    1493 posts Member
    MinuteMaid wrote: »
    Old Republic content. And don't hit me with the canon nonsense. IDC!!

I would love it but more of an issue of cannon its getting all the classes skins made, reinforcements, heroes, not to mention at least 3/4 big maps made for this era. It would be like 2 years of full old republic non stop to get to a basic level of content for this era. Wont happen with so much to add to current eras.
  • In a perfect world (for me anyway) in no particular order:

1. New extraction maps
    2. New blasters
    3. Match making/bug fixes
    4. Trooper content (i.e., star cards improvements/changes and customization for OT and ST)
    5. Rogue One content

Those are musts for the game right now.
  • Spiito
    1984 posts Member
    -Cad Bane.
    Because aliens and pistols for the Dark Side. (What. It's a nice hat.)
    -Ahsoka Tano.
    Because aliens, females, dual wielding sabers on the lightside, and Rebels content.
    Wknuto!
  • New maps for Starfighter Assault!
    51bvn954fmlp.png

And Extraction.

Hopefully we might see this.
  • BF2015 maps, BF2015 weapons, maybe BF2015 heroes (Dengar, Greedo, Jyn, Krennic) etc. OT content and maps like Sullust, Cloud City large map. More maps for small modes so that I actually want to play them. Extraction would be nice. Bring back Cargo from BF2015. Maybe more "Hunt" modes that are area specific like Endor's Ewoks or Kashyyyk's Wookie's. Did I mention weapons? Yeah, we need them (my T-21 please).