criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Make Heroes Unleashed a Permanent Mode of its own

Prev1
SSJSnoop
2342 posts Member
edited August 2019
Topic. I missed the event and would love to play it normally.

Please share your thoughts.

Replies

• Nooooooooooooooo
  • They have already said this is not an option. The devs do not want to split the player base even more.
  • They can make that and remove them from standard GA. Win win for everyone
  • Disboy
    189 posts Member
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    They've added tons of stuff they at first said would never happen.

It's too good of a mode to pass up and leave by the wayside.

💯

It’s better than standard GA by far. If they’re going to have cross era for GA, then just bring them all in at once.

Can’t beat it.

Every main character from the Star Wars franchise on the battlefield > a couple characters at a time. However I think if they do implement this then they should increase the player limit to 64. 10 heroes and 10 troopers a team seems a little meh. Definitely always need more troopers than heroes.
  • Disboy wrote: »
    They've added tons of stuff they at first said would never happen.

It's too good of a mode to pass up and leave by the wayside.

💯

It’s better than standard GA by far. If they’re going to have cross era for GA, then just bring them all in at once.

Can’t beat it.

Every main character from the Star Wars franchise on the battlefield > a couple characters at a time. However I think if they do implement this then they should increase the player limit to 64. 10 heroes and 10 troopers a team seems a little meh. Definitely always need more troopers than heroes.

They can’t. These maps aren’t am designed for that number. Neither is the system. 64 total would lag out heavily.
  • SQJACKIE
    1344 posts Member
    What about no?
    fl4ngbakt8rr.jpg
  • I would love this!
  • SQJACKIE
    1344 posts Member
    It's so easy to pick heroes in CS there's no need to ruin my life again
  • SSJSnoop
    2342 posts Member
    It's funny to read these threads and their "lol's" at the OP, but ask for an infantry only mode and you don't see any of the same arguments against it. Nothing about "splitting the playerbase" if you ask for that, only on threads about heroes. You see all these public polls they take and heroes are one of the biggest draws for the game but you read these forums you'd think it's the opposite and heroes are a cancer to the game.

Seriously. Heroes are beloved by the majority of the playerbase.
    I would love this!

Me too!

That's why we have to continue to ask for this like it was Maul getting a block.

They can do it. They will do it. We just have to make our voices heard.
  • bfloo
    17692 posts Member
    If they give us an era locked rotation as well, sure.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• BUMP. This needs to become it's own mode.
  • How is this mode going to work.

It’s just an event that makes heroes cheap and more of them in GA and CS.
  • Batman20
    2882 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    I hate it so no but I suppose it doesn't hurt to have it there as well as normal GA. But the problem is you would struggle to find normal GA matches if both existed
  • Batman20 wrote: »
    I hate it so no but I suppose it doesn't hurt to have it there as well as normal GA. But the problem is you would struggle to find normal GA matches if both existed

Sure the majority of people will play HU because it's more fun but according to this forum there will still be a healthy community who will always prefer standard GA.

There shouldn't be an issue.
  • Fortunately it's never gonna be a permanent mode so I don't know why people keep requesting it.

The less this mode appears the better. Trash belongs in the trash after all.
  • No, it would split the community too much and honestly most everyone will get bored soon

It will split the community apart? Lol then where are private matches?
  • Heroes Unleashed is the worst event created. They nailed it on CS, but granted there are only 4 heroes per side on each team, but that was balanced. In GA, it is a f**king mess. I can't play GA on a weekend like that because of 8 heroes and villains running around the map, spawn-killing and targeting you and ultimately ruining your game. }:(
  • SSJSnoop
    2342 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Double Post.
  • ROMG4
    5323 posts Member

giphy.gif
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/152598/the-oom-9-vs-jar-jar-season

Episode 9's Ending
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6025735/uploads/editor/15/zs312vl0xftg.jpeg
  • SSJSnoop
    2342 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »

giphy.gif

Lol fail, maybe read the topic title next time guy.
  • Mode doesn't even work right. More than half the team can't pick up the objectives on walker maps and the people who can are getting farmed by hero spam. Others it's just random chaos that usually ends on the first phase when the Lightside wins from having all their overpowered buff heroes active at once and thus getting a huge advantage in the chokepoint spamfest that ensues.

GA needs less hero (and reinforcement/vehicle) spam as is, not more.
  • SSJSnoop
    2342 posts Member
    Mode doesn't even work right. More than half the team can't pick up the objectives on walker maps and the people who can are getting farmed by hero spam. Others it's just random chaos that usually ends on the first phase when the Lightside wins from having all their overpowered buff heroes active at once and thus getting a huge advantage in the chokepoint spamfest that ensues.

GA needs less hero (and reinforcement/vehicle) spam as is, not more.

Great hyperbolic, anecdotal evidence you got there, very sound...

Doesn't change the fact that you can still play your precious regular GA that doesn't frustrate you in any way and leave a standalone HU mode and it's playerbase to their own devices.

Please add this DICE.

• SSJSnoop
    2342 posts Member
    BUMP. This has to become it's own mode.
  • Darth_Vapor3
    4933 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    HU deserves its own mode. What’s wrong with players having the option in the menus? Nothing. You don’t like it, don’t play it. Just like CS or standard GA. There is no valid reason why this doesn’t happen.

DICE... Heroes Unleashed.... Give it a spot in the menus already.
  • yes

yes
  • ROMG4
    5323 posts Member
    edited September 2019

giphy.gif

A OOM does not fail, he posts precisely what he means to

Making Heroes Unleashed would butcher the game, it will not and should never be bloody done
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    A OOM-9 Thread!

Episode 9's Ending
  • All due respect,

NO.

I would make it a permanent game mode but you just don't have to play it would just for people who want to play it and if you want play it occasionally.
    Ahsoka for Battlefront 2. Kanan Jarrus for Battlefront 2.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.
  • ROMG4
    5323 posts Member

giphy.gif

A OOM does not fail, he posts precisely what he means to

Making Heroes Unleashed would butcher the game, it will not and should never be bloody done

Ok Mr. Hyperbole, you believe your own logic.

"Would butcher the game" XD

It's a great mode and people who don't like it can play something else.

Give HU it's own mode. Thanks DICE.

It's literally just GA but troopers are even more cannon fodder then normal. If it's made it's own mode Troopers shouldn't even be a thing in it because they don't serve any point. Less than 10 players per side will be trooper and they have an awful experience, just replace them with Reinforcements and aerials. But of course

That would make it hard for Heroes to play so people would just demand reinforcement nerfs. Heroes Unleashed breaks the balance of the mode because people can play terribly and still get rewarded for it, the defeat of a hero has no weight because somebody has just spawned in as them

HU is a terribly designed event that breaks every form of balancing in the game
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

A OOM-9 Thread!

Episode 9's Ending
  • More people may very well play the HU, I wouldn’t but most people play Star Wars for hero’s and they would get more opportunity🤷🏻‍♂️. It’s fun as an event
  • Fortunately it's never gonna be a permanent mode so I don't know why people keep requesting it.

The less this mode appears the better. Trash belongs in the trash after all.

• BUMP. People who don't like it don't have to force themselves to play it like they have fomo.

Please DICE, make this its own mode. It's beloved by the majority of the community.
  • ROMG4
    5323 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    BUMP. People who don't like it don't have to force themselves to play it like they have fomo.

Please DICE, make this its own mode. It's beloved by the majority of the community.

So basically you want them to add a mode that functionally is identical to one already in the game

Except it's ruled by dummy law and throws away any sort of balance for favor of you know

Spam

Do you have any idea how silly that sounds?
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

A OOM-9 Thread!

Episode 9's Ending