criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Online Split Screen Multiplayer for Two Players would be nice if possible...

FightingLions14
505 posts Member
edited August 2019
Especially with the new Co-op Mode coming out. When I red the name, I thought for sure that’s what it was gonna be, but was wrong.

Idk, I know there has been a push for playing online with friends, but why not allow me to play CS or HvV with someone sitting on the same couch as me?

The ability for me to hook up another controller, and have someone play with me as a “guest” on the same console is very appealing. I’m sure there are still some multiplayer games that still do online split screen. I know Battlefront 2015 didn’t have this as well, but with the slew of new players coming in, maybe this would be the time to explore this option.

Here’s an idea I have for the Devs, and I want you guy aka “the community” to let me know down below if you like this idea. If you don’t, let me know the way the Devs should go about this. Thanks guys for reading, hope you all have a great day, here is my idea:

How to add online Split Screen Multiplayer — by FightingLions14:

Step 1: Devs code in the ability to play online split screen multiplayer.

Step 2: Devs play test this on their own servers to make sure this works, just like in Arcade.

Step 3: If the play test goes good, the Devs go ahead by announcing they are gonna do a special Co-op event that allows you to do online split screen multiplayer for a weekend. This acts as another play test, to work out any more problems that arise.

Step 4: Devs ask for community feedback on event and if they enjoyed online split screen multiplayer.

Step 5: If feedback is good, Devs announce that this will become a permanent QoL change in a community transmission.

Step 6: The ability to play online with split screen multiplayer is added to Battlefront 2 for Co-op and all other possible game modes. Only 1 account has to have online subscription, the other player who plays joins as a “guest” for the split screen action.

The end.
Post edited by FightingLions14 on

Replies

• AI HvV please👍
  • Rocket league has this feature for 4 players. I’m sure SWBF2 could do it for 2.
  • @F8RGE I get you are a busy man, and but could you please answer this one question do me......“Has the team consider online, split screen multiplayer? If not, would the Devs consider it?”

Like I said, I know you got a lot going on, but a response to this post/my original post above would be appropriated. I know I would love this feature if it was added, and I’m sure others would love it too. Thanks in advance!!
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Considered it yes. Technically it's nothing short of a nightmare to achieve, as it comes with some serious technical barriers that need to be broken through.

Thank you for a response, made my day!!😁

Hope it doesn’t keep you guys up too late at night worrying about it, lol. Maybe if the process becomes easier with better technology in the future, online split screen multiplayer could be explored more then.

Thanks again for a response...keep up the hard work!! 👍
  • The most we can hope is Split screen for Instant Action : /
  • Instant action also playable online for coop and vs would be awesome.
  • You could just get your mate to bring his console over and split screen the 2 HDMI channels using the function on your tv or projector. Almost all have them.
  • You could just get your mate to bring his console over and split screen the 2 HDMI channels using the function on your tv or projector. Almost all have them.

Hmmmm......much work this is.

Well the game has been out 2 years almost and no split screen multiplayer and not really any sight of one after what f8rge just said. But yeah sure keep waiting even though I just mentioned a solution that requires a few plugging ins of some cords and clicks of the remote haha.

Well the game has been out 2 years almost and no split screen multiplayer and not really any sight of one after what f8rge just said. But yeah sure keep waiting even though I just mentioned a solution that requires a few plugging ins of some cords and clicks of the remote haha.

Lol kidding I was. Mad I am not. Satisfied with the response from the big man, I am.
  • SQJACKIE
    1344 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Considered it yes. Technically it's nothing short of a nightmare to achieve, as it comes with some serious technical barriers that need to be broken through.
    ky5jq3atgbbh.png