criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

New jumps Bossk/Grievous are badly designed!

Important_info101
1082 posts Member
edited August 29
Commandos droids is ok but when you junps sometimes you can even run, like youre stuck in mud for a couple seconds.

But Boss/Grievous jumps could be waaag better... its like a loaded spring now! Way so high up instead of move forward moving... typical DICE.
My priority list:

1. Fix Split screen mode bugs
2. Fix bugs
3. Bigger play area for Duel mode
4. More love for Starfighter modes
5. First Person only mode
Post edited by Important_info101 on

Replies

• I thought the new leap was a bug
  • Evo911 wrote: »
    I thought we saw the most ridiculus things along the updates they made since 1 year but they can beat their ridiculusness as long they will have incompetent management or whatever.

I was laughing in front of the TV seeing that....well done Dev dream team!!!

Lol now they go like: DOINK DOINK
    My priority list:

1. Fix Split screen mode bugs
    2. Fix bugs
    3. Bigger play area for Duel mode
    4. More love for Starfighter modes
    5. First Person only mode
  • Jbstiner
    2708 posts Member
    Evo911 wrote: »
    I thought we saw the most ridiculus things along the updates they made since 1 year but they can beat their ridiculusness as long they will have incompetent management or whatever.

It still baffles my mind that they have reassigned Dennis...he may be a good designer, but he’s a terrible decision maker
    My Wookie went to Scarif and all I got was this lousy t-shirt...
  • Jbstiner wrote: »

It still baffles my mind that they have reassigned Dennis...he may be a good designer, but he’s a terrible decision maker
    Don’t really know if it’s Dennis or the whole team
  • Jbstiner
    2708 posts Member
    Jbstiner wrote: »

Don’t really know if it’s Dennis or the whole team

If he’s the lead, he’s ultimately responsible...
    My Wookie went to Scarif and all I got was this lousy t-shirt...
  • These jumps for all 3 are terrible. Their height and speed need to be tweaked so they're in between how they are now to how they were.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • It is funny how their jump buff is a nerf. Bossk is not good anymore because you can not leap over lighsaber heros
    “The force is with me and I am one with the force. I fear nothing because everything is as the Force wills it to be.” -Chirrut Imwe
  • Evo911
    267 posts Member
    Iceninja wrote: »
    It is funny how their jump buff is a nerf. Bossk is not good anymore because you can not leap over lighsaber heros

Yeah...and even with the previous jump it was not quite easy to escape saber. In 2 slices he's dead.
    All these updates are showing a very low level of professionalism. I'm still amazed how this Amateur team still working on a AAA game....that's just pathetic.
  • MC_XIX
    2119 posts Member
    Everything that was introduced in the latest update is badly designed. Absolutely everything.
  • agree, they are both horrible - revert
  • Clone201
    3977 posts Member
    edited August 30
    I anticipated Bossk's jump to be a slight nerf for him before this update overall. It definitely was NOT a buff.

He can't avoid saber heroes as effectively and he also falls much faster than blaster heroes with his new jump which I found on Reddit. It makes no sense whatsoever that he is actually much heavier than the others.

He also can't jump wide gaps anymore, as his jump distance was decreased in turn of his gravity adjustment that targeted his jump in the first place. You now have to be extremely close to a low wall to jump over it unlike before.

As of shooter combat, he's significantly harder to use against infantry in GA and CS as players formerly relied on his floaty jump to aim at enemy players while also avoiding damage at the same time. It's gonna take awhile to get used to his new jump.

Grievous' jump is not as bad to take advantage of in combat due to him being a melee wielder, but he also suffers from not being able to jump wider gaps. He also falls faster than blaster heroes as well, so he's basically a moving spring hopper or whatever.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • MC_XIX wrote: »
    Everything that was introduced in the latest update is badly designed. Absolutely everything.

Not obiwans new dodge lol
  • Hesha
    510 posts Member
    Yea the new jumps just feel really weird, and as much as the commando droids jump is a improvement, I think it’s a little much, looks like he is flying for a second, why not just make it the same height or a little higher as the clones jump? I dont get it.