criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Hvv is almost unplayable currently

Idk how, but they fixed the bugs...... and it made the combat worse 🤦🏾‍♂️😭idk man.😭😂

Replies

• Did saber tracking and stun lock ACTUALLY get even worse than before? If that’s the case then the mode is as good as dead.

At least Dooku's lunge somewhat feels better.
    Current Topics:
    Leia Improvements
    Heroes vs Villains Improvements
    Staff Strikes Improvement

m3s3leriptmd.png
    PSN / Twitter: PlayersPurity

I will not stop complaining until DICE update Leia's Hoth skin's sideburns and add some for Rey!!

• Did saber tracking and stun lock ACTUALLY get even worse than before? If that’s the case then the mode is as good as dead.

That's it. I hope for better tomorrow...

Yes that’s exactly what I mean. The lock on and lunge distance is ridiculously huge now. Getting hit from 10 ft away smh
  • The lunge is worse, getting killed by anakin swing spammers that are like 5-10ft away. And Im usually blocking/dodging xD

On the bright side the announcer guy is back and has new lines finally.
  • MC_XIX
    2115 posts Member
    Did saber tracking and stun lock ACTUALLY get even worse than before? If that’s the case then the mode is as good as dead.

And yet his Duelist ability feels worse! The strikes don't connect at all. Somehow, it's even more bugged and unreliable than before...
  • MC_XIX wrote: »
    Did saber tracking and stun lock ACTUALLY get even worse than before? If that’s the case then the mode is as good as dead.

And yet his Duelist ability feels worse! The strikes don't connect at all. Somehow, it's even more bugged and unreliable than before...

Just killswitch him
  • KieranJC7 wrote: »
    Idk how, but they fixed the bugs...... and it made the combat worse 🤦🏾‍♂️😭idk man.😭😂

They didnt "fix" anything lmao
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Shocker. EVERY update does damage to something else. Thanks man! @F8RGE
  • Kylo saber locked me from at least 10 feet away i couldnt even dodge and his pull went through my block.
  • audiodistortion
    139 posts Member
    edited August 28
    It's always been a bit flaky, unreliable, it's now just broken...

p.s. anyone played on the new maps yet lol? do they exist?
  • KieranJC7 wrote: »

I remember when they fixed blocking on the ground, which I was all for fixing, that made combat worse too, and I discovered I was wrong. Shooting on the ground was wrong. Being invulnerable (knockdown) on the ground is perfectly normal for 99% of fighting games out there.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • I have no idea whats going on. I had the worst experience in HvV today i've ever had. One frustrating and infuriating game after the other, nearly impossible to enjoy. Enemies blocking forever, no way to land a hit, on the other hand my own block completely unreliable, getting thrown around and killed within half a minute. I really hope it's just some lag/server issues today...

my thoughts exactly.

WORST UPDATE EVER!!!! Lightsabers look better but thats it.
    I play this game with 3 other friends, HVV ONLY, 2-3 hours a day every day for the last 2 years
    and you've made it unplayable.
    DEATHS ARE TOO QUICK. Health evaporates faster than you can dash out or block from.
    EVEN MORE VULNERABLE DURING DASH / SWING RADIUS OF SABERS TOO FAR REACHING????!??!?!
    DEFENSE IS NON-EXISTENT. ITS ALL OFFENSE NOW (not a good thing)
    YOU'RE BLOCKING WITH FULL STAMINA, A 2ND PERSON ATTACKS THEY GET RIGHT THROUGH.
    MAKES IT IMPOSSIBLE TO TAKE ON MORE THAN 1 PERSON.
    FACING 2-3? FORGET IT YOURE DEAD EVEN AS AN EXPERT VADER WITH A CARD SET FOR SURVIVAL
    YES, IM SHOUTING.
    This HAS been one of the most well balanced, fun team VS games and game modes of any game ever.
    HOW CAN YOU THINK THIS IS A GOOD IDEA?
  • It's always been a bit flaky, unreliable, it's now just broken...

p.s. anyone played on the new maps yet lol? do they exist?

its completely broken beyond anything i could have ever imagined
  • Psy3d
    897 posts Member
    This is the worst patch to date for HvV/HS. Just choose a fast spammer and you'll get decent kills. Now I KNOW there is no QA team for these patches. To me it feels like the server netcode just doesn't understand that many swings that fast...so it decides randomly who took the most damage. Dooku's speed is back in Duelist but every 2nd or even 3rd swing just does nothing even though it goes through. There needs to be at hotfix @F8RGE can't wait a month for this!
  • The lunge is worse, getting killed by anakin swing spammers that are like 5-10ft away. And Im usually blocking/dodging xD

On the bright side the announcer guy is back and has new lines finally.

The droid started getting annoying after losing so many matches plus the saber locking bugs in the mode.
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • The mode feels sooooooo slooooooow...

Sluggish and frustrating.

The y really botched this one.
  • Xerogon
    524 posts Member
    edited August 29
    I never liked it much to begin with because of saber spam, but now it seems worse with the lock on and bad hit boxes, then many players seem to be in premades. I can bet it makes it a terrible experience for noobs or casuals. It also seems like health goes away in an instant.
    Post edited by Xerogon on
  • I literally jus had full 900hp as Vader dodged an incoming Rey and Anakin, got force pulled and my health depleted to zero and I... died? I just had full health. :o

Not impressed with this update and seriously ready to be done with this game for good. Been waiting and waiting for it to get up to snuff. I only play it for HvV anyway. Not really ever been interested in playing as a peon trooper. The saga is about the heroes and villains... but yeah this game is dumb. More dumb is EA for disrespecting the fact that they literally have THE baton as far as a Star Wars game goes.
  • K4152
    138 posts Member
    edited August 28
    Obi wan's saber tracking is insane , his saber tracked me through objects. Died bc he manage to attack me through a steel pipe and chair in HvV from 5 to 7 ft away.
  • Dooku: *swings twice or three times in a row*
    Dooku:
    1dah6g4db6ii.jpeg
  • Kamykatz
    248 posts Member
    edited August 29
    GreenMarc wrote: »
    I have no idea whats going on. I had the worst experience in HvV today i've ever had. One frustrating and infuriating game after the other, nearly impossible to enjoy. Enemies blocking forever, no way to land a hit, on the other hand my own block completely unreliable, getting thrown around and killed within half a minute. I really hope it's just some lag/server issues today...

You describe the experience I've been having for a long time now. This update hasn't changed anything about that. Everything is out of whack.
  • I went to do some online tests and well, it was a bugfest. Everything said here. Bumping between characters because of rubberbanding, dodge blocking was so unreliable I would do like 6 dodges in a row with Rey because most of them just got cancelled by the game and rubberbanded me back to the place I was. Visually Disabled Block BUG all over the place. Lightsaber block on rough terrain did improve, but it's still unreliable as hell.

Saber tracking is a nightmare, but felt especially bad against Anakin, he kept hitting me several feet away looking to the other side. It was never that bad, I understand lag causes such things, but it was never that drastic.

I played yesterday, I hadn't played for a long time, but the game felt normal. Geonosis felt a bit bumpy, but other then that everything seemed as usual. Now the game is a big mess. I hope it's a server issue due to the deployment of a new patch, this isn't uncommon on the history of this game.
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • jonci
    1239 posts Member
    Players in game complaining of Massive rubber banding and Lag, counted 2-3 seconds from starting an action to it actually doing it, by that time the opposing person was gone and i had died, characters hardly moving (jumping forget it). Regular messaages of slow internet affecting game actually red warnings and 1-2 bars (this is not my internet or hardware caausing aan issue its garbage, this is a server issue).

Stamina drain the worst ever.
    Blasters now devastating sabre players due to the lag.

More bugs in this game than live in a vagrants vest.

• I went to do some online tests and well, it was a bugfest. Everything said here. Bumping between characters because of rubberbanding, dodge blocking was so unreliable I would do like 6 dodges in a row with Rey because most of them just got cancelled by the game and rubberbanded me back to the place I was. Visually Disabled Block BUG all over the place. Lightsaber block on rough terrain did improve, but it's still unreliable as hell.

Saber tracking is a nightmare, but felt especially bad against Anakin, he kept hitting me several feet away looking to the other side. It was never that bad, I understand lag causes such things, but it was never that drastic.

I played yesterday, I hadn't played for a long time, but the game felt normal. Geonosis felt a bit bumpy, but other then that everything seemed as usual. Now the game is a big mess. I hope it's a server issue due to the deployment of a new patch, this isn't uncommon on the history of this game.

I thought that the dash problem was because of my connection, now I see other's have rubberbanding
  • MC_XIX
    2115 posts Member
    It's a nightmare. The devs have made a hidden change to i-frames around dodging and rolling, meaning that you now take damage from attacks that you dodged more than quickly enough. Anakin killed me from 20ft away yesterday on Takodana, and he was on the other side of a tree!

This change has also buffed the Light Side, because their strikes are much faster than the villains and are therefore next to impossible to dodge now that the dodge itself has been nerfed. Word of advice: do not pick Dooku. Ever. Besides his useless Duelist ability, his dodges never evade strikes from Luke, Anakin, Rey or Obi-Wan.
  • audiodistortion
    139 posts Member
    edited August 29
    INPUT LAG...

Why DICE?

I'm done with this trash mode, the only reason I was still playing.
  • Here's the culprit:

uk7mcr20s9we.png

They imply a Saber Hit Detection Improvement causes issues and may let you be damaged when you dodge. Funny that this Saber Hit Detection Improvement is nowhere to be found on patch notes by itself, like a Qol improvement. It only appears right at the end within a known issue.

If this isn't a stealth change that went horribly wrong that they had to explain its issue on the bottom of the patch notes, I don't know what it is. It's time they start making these patch notes seriously. It can't stay like it is now, not sharing all changes and stating changes that didn't happen at all.
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)