criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Bossk & Grievous gravity... why?

This hurts my head why were they floaty before and so springy now?

Bossks dodge is still slow which looks so weird after jumping so fast. I actually liked the speed being slower as before.

Replies

• They're the super Mario bros
  • I prefer bossk's new jump, hated that flying lizard. But Grievous jump seems a bit... too fast, no?
  • pogosticks! makes my head hurt. what is going on!
  • I hate both of their new jumps. Bossk is a trandoshan so the former jump just made more sense. Grievous didnt have a force propelled jump before but he is a cyborg so that should give him some jump control. The former jumps were fine the way they were. Please for the love of god dice, change their jumps to the way they used to be.
  • TBF, for the first time I thought they actually designed a better jump. Not sure with Bossk though, he relied a lot on that floaty jump, this one is high but not so high, and he drops too fast. Bossk may endure this nerf, or maybe someone discovers how to take advantage of this?

Grievous's one though seems to be insane. It's high enough to be great, it starts fast, maybe faster then anyone else, and drops fast, which for grievous isn't necessarily a bad thing as he's great on land (not much of a jumping saber user like yoda, luke, or maul). I'm not a Grievous player, but I usually don't see jumping Grievous so much. They do jump, but not much. Maybe with this jump he'll have new options to use with his new jump that are effective? I hope so, this game is in dire need of changes that actually improve the gameplay by bringing diversity, instead of just overbuffing or overnerfing existing strategies.

Maybe this jump is fast enough to cancel the magnetic sabers effect? That would be a behemoth of an advantage to one character only.
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • Yea grievous has these gravity projectors in his legs, i read it in a book that grievous killed two jedi knights that were trying to save the chancellor from being kidnapped right before the third movie. He killed the two jedi while floating in the air using the gravity projectors in his legs.
  • MC_XIX wrote: »
    So everyone who LOL'd at my topic...where are you all now that these jumps are as daft and unnecessary as I said they would be?

Prob best to visit your old post and say it rather than bending our ears. lol

Now, Bossk's jump seems weird to me now.. He is a sitting duck to force users as he can't jump away.. It wasn't a certainty before... Which players cried about his jump anyway? lol
    Silly Devs.

giphy.gif

• K4152
    140 posts Member
    I don't mind the new jumps , just have to get used to them.
  • Grievous jumps as if he has springs.
  • I actually like GGs but not Bossks
  • JMaster
    2464 posts Member
    I have an idea for a slightly more sensical change to their jumps, one that both makes them more unique from the other characters AND is more accurate to how they'd work. To high-jump with Bossk and Grievous you have to hold down the jump button before hand, then let go. You would still be able to walk and sprint normally, you could have a visual indicator about the charge on the screen (like a tiny little bar near the roll stamina or something). I think that'd be more tactical, and that way Bossk and Grievous aren't manipulating the laws of physics on a whim since they're not Force- sensitive. Heck, maybe something like this could be given to other characters who could jump higher than others without being Force-sensitive, perhaps Chewbacca or Boba Fett? How's that sound?
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • Grevious's jump is horrible he's been turned into one of them slinky's that ye used to throw down the stairs XD plz change dice
  • New Grievous jump makes him more dangereous imo.
  • I thought Bossk had a floaty jump because he was from a planet with stronger gravity so other planets were like “moon-walking”/“moon-jumping”

That’s not how gravity works.
  • Hesha
    510 posts Member
    Not sure about bossk but grevious jump feels so weird now.
  • vVrathh wrote: »
    I thought Bossk had a floaty jump because he was from a planet with stronger gravity so other planets were like “moon-walking”/“moon-jumping”

How does it work?
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

I thought Bossk had a floaty jump because he was from a planet with stronger gravity so other planets were like “moon-walking”/“moon-jumping”

How does it work?

It doesn’t matter what planet Bossk is originally from, he does not have force powers to defy gravitational pulls. If he jumps up, he will land in the same speed as the gravitational pull of the planet dictates. He may be able to jump higher than others due to strength and physiology, but he can’t float in any way whatsoever. He’ll fall with the same speed as Finn, Leia, Han etc. Because they are all pulled by the exact same gravitation. The only reason force users float is because of the force.

Jesus man this is basic stuff you learn early in school.
  • I liked General Grievous' jump it felt more heavy. But you give the same thing to Bossk and it looks weird. A different jump animation would help I believe.
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
    vVrathh wrote: »

How does it work?

It doesn’t matter what planet Bossk is originally from, he does not have force powers to defy gravitational pulls. If he jumps up, he will land in the same speed as the gravitational pull of the planet dictates. He may be able to jump higher than others due to strength and physiology, but he can’t float in any way whatsoever. He’ll fall with the same speed as Finn, Leia, Han etc. Because they are all pulled by the exact same gravitation. The only reason force users float is because of the force.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/cwov5k/devs_went_the_easy_route_and_made_bossks/
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• DarthJ
    7079 posts Member
    Grievous is like a pogo stick now, its hilarious.

I dont mind Grievous' personally, but I miss Bossks jump
    PSN: ibrajoker59

How does it work?

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/cwov5k/devs_went_the_easy_route_and_made_bossks/

That’s a separate thing indeed, and I am not surprised they messed it up. Tbh it did feel a bit wonkier than I expected, but I don’t main Bossk and only tried him in arcade. But it doesn’t change the fact that he never should have floated in the first place. He shouldn’t fall with higher gravitational pull either though.

How does it work?

That's hilarious. So instead of making a new jump animation, they just dialed up the gravity. That's so silly, and it will affect other things like how far he gets ragdolled by knockdown powers like Push and Repulse as well.
  • Bossk's original jump took no skill to properly use, now it does.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif

Yeah it takes skill to jump
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• The new bossk is completly unplayable his new jump is slow very slow it's impossible to dodge lightsaber attack.
  • zorjip wrote: »
    The new bossk is completly unplayable his new jump is slow very slow it's impossible to dodge lightsaber attack.
    Sounds like you relied on his jump too much.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif

Takes skill to jump at the right moment rather than spamming it with no risk of getting hit

Hit detection is <3<3<3<3 this update, nothing helps
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

Takes skill to jump at the right moment rather than spamming it with no risk of getting hit

Hit detection is ***** this update, nothing helps
    It's fine for me.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Let's all just pretend they are on a planet with low gravity and give bossk back his jump and then we can say all the jedi are just not be using the force when they jump
  • Team, gather a list of problems and bugs!

Sir yes Sir!

Sir, we've accumulated over 10,000 errors. (bows slightly in shame)

Good, good. Let's review... WHAT! BOSSK HAS A FLOATY JUMP! THIS IS TOP PRIORITY. IT DEFIES ALL CANON AND THE SPIRIT OF BATTLEFRONT! FIX IMMEDIATELY!

Months later...

Sir, we've released the latest patch!

Good good. Assure me that Bossk is correct !

Yes Sir. Working as intended.

Good good. Anything else?

Ugh...Sir, well, see, the saber hit boxes.....
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • Not a fan of the changes. I wish they would just stop tinkering and add extraction maps.
  • Not a fan of the changes. I wish they would just stop tinkering and add extraction maps.

2 more maps for Extraction, 2 more eras for CS. This is what needs to happen to the two best modes in the game.
  • What's the force got to do with all this jump stuff anyway? These are Aliens. For all we know they have helium coursing through their bodies and their bodies are made of really light material.