criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Is worth reinstalling now?

Hello all you friendly forumers. It has been about 6 months since I stopped having anything to do with this game because I really didn't like how the game was anymore. So I uninstalled it and just forgot it existed. Just coming back here to ask if the game is still the same boring and dull herofront it was when I left and if it is worth reinstalling now.
Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.

Replies

• Alex64 wrote: »
    don't even try now, it's a mess, maybe later

Alright.
  • They'll get it sorted and fix things.
  • Troopper_FoFo
    1057 posts Member
    edited September 2
    Well that is pretty much all No. So I guess I got my answer.
  • Keep an eye out for the Luke Appearance Challenge sometime here in September, as well as the update. Will likely be worth reinstalling for those.

Until then, I'd recommend finding something else to do until we either get one of the above events or a really darn good hotfix, because the game is shot right now.
  • Come back next month, too much bugs added recently
  • I still have fun playing GA. I'll see about HvV when blasters are unlocked.
  • I’d say give it a good 3 months, then give it a try.
    #StarWars-y
  • bfloo
    15961 posts Member
    Come back next month, too much bugs added recently

Next month...

4xyjhq2gej2q.png
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Right now, coming back is a BAD idea given the amount of bugs in the game, I found more bugs in a match if arcade then in 2 weeks. If you want to come back, come back in 2 weeks
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    God no

Go get the original Battlefront from 2004 instead, its $10 and on steam.

The OG battlefront is Trash by today’s standards not saying 2017 is godlike but the only reason people say 2004 is good is all nostalgia
    "You Don't Know the Power of the Dark Side"
    vader.gif
  • At the moment the state of the game is extremely bad, so no. You could wait a month or two but to be honest it will probably still be broken.
  • I’d say wait till September
  • ROMG4
    2955 posts Member
    Hello all you friendly forumers. It has been about 6 months since I stopped having anything to do with this game because I really didn't like how the game was anymore. So I uninstalled it and just forgot it existed. Just coming back here to ask if the game is still the same boring and dull herofront it was when I left and if it is worth reinstalling now.

I would write a long post explaining why you would not enjoy the game in it's current state. How they've completely broken the saber combat system, buffed stuns to a ludicrous degree, brought back dozens if not hundreds of bugs with the latest patch including horrendous server lag and rubber-banding

But this video explains it pretty well

OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • The more things change the more they stay the same... I haven't played the game in months, but the Felucia map does intrigue me so may have to check it out later this month. The game just really needs a fresh set of eyes on it, to put it one way, and rebuild from there.
  • quenaelin
    1101 posts Member
    edited September 2
    These videos explains game state right now, if you like to play this game after watching, then reinstall:

Some of these changes are requested by community.
  • It’s really not that bad now at all. Most of the complaints are from people that main HvV. I mainly play strike and Extraction and those haven’t changed in over a year...so nothing new on that front. If you prefer HvV, maybe wait for the next patch.
  • It’s really not that bad now at all. Most of the complaints are from people that main HvV. I mainly play strike and Extraction and those haven’t changed in over a year...so nothing new on that front. If you prefer HvV, maybe wait for the next patch.

That's because Extraction is flawless. Just needs more maps.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
    God no

The OG battlefront is Trash by today’s standards not saying 2017 is godlike but the only reason people say 2004 is good is all nostalgia

LOL
    Seems like someone doesnt like the proper Battlefront that isnt about Heroes...
    God no

LOL
    Seems like someone doesnt like the proper Battlefront that isnt about Heroes...

We get it dude, you hate heroes. You're like a broken record
    God no

OG Battlefront is objectively more entertaining to play and factually works better.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    God no

OG Battlefront is objectively more entertaining to play and factually works better.

Welcome back!
    God no

Welcome back!

Thanks
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • DarthLando
    1548 posts Member
    edited October 3
    Yes.

The game is a lot different than it was 1 year ago.
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • anidriX
    1238 posts Member
    God no

Welcome back!

You spoke too soon.
  • Do it! Beware this game takes up hella space though
  • EA_Rtas
    1569 posts EA Moderator
    Let's leave it out talking about other users and theorizing why their posts were removed, moderation discussion is still against the rules so there's zero need to do it.
  • Balance is awful, but there is a lot of fun to be had in this game. It’s worth reinstalling imo.
  • If you’re willing to free up 110 gb, then Co-op and IA are actually pretty great. Not sure how long you’ve been gone, but the new heroes are fun to play too.
    PSN: this_old_mouse
  • Lyc4n
    1464 posts Member
    I personally recomend it, i really enjoy it. Try capital supremacy and the new reinforcements, they are great fun to use and master