criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

Preferred OT content?

For most of this game's lifespan, we've been inundated with PT content, which I'm cool with because it's my favorite era. We've already gotten confirmation of more ST content coming with TROS, but there hasn't been any mention of OT content coming in the future. So, if the devs do end up working on/dropping new OT content for the game, what would you want to see as far as heroes, maps, and reinforcements?

Personally, if the devs added any OT characters, I'd like to see them add Thrawn and Sabine. With Sabine especially, it would give the LS a jetpack hero to counter Boba, and if the player base wasn't keen on her having a jetpack that functioned like Boba's, hers could function like the jet trooper but with an improved recharge time. And if hers was set as one of her base abilities, she could have her dual pistols now that we have the ability to dual-wield with the ARC Trooper.

For reinforcements, I'd be geeked if they added Bothan spies. That would give the OT either an infiltrator or a replacement enforcer to the Wookie Warrior to bring some variety and more appropriate canon material to the era.

As far as maps, I'd love to see the Sorosuub Centroplex ported over as a CS map for the OT. That was probably my favorite map from BF2015 and it would play perfectly in CS. I've said it before on here, but I really, really want CS expanded to the other eras because it does get stale playing the same era all the time, and the OT has great maps that have potential for fantastic variations that would breathe some life into the mode, especially with new ship interiors for Imperial Star Destroyers and Mon Calamari Cruisers.

But if the devs were going to drop more OT content, what would you all want to see?

Replies

• Reinforcement wise we are probably getting new stuff.
    But in terms of heroes and maps if we take just the movies (i watched two episodes of rebels and suddenly clone wars looked like breaking bad) there isnt much left. The main Heroes are there as are all major maps(except smaller ones like Tantive 4)
    And the only maps im really missing would be Bespin and Sullust(i loved those in BF15).
    Otherwise i think OT is quite there in terms of content but i would enjoy some Solo ir Rogue One maps.
  • Rogue One (new not ported) new reinforcements and SA content
  • Think most of the stuff left to add from OT era is the Rogue One stuff.

Personally I’d love to see Baze Malbus because that gun is sick AF and the lightside desperatly needs a full auto fast shooter. But chances of that happening is slim to none sadly.

K2SO and IG88/IG11 would also be nice and different.
  • SKINS SKINS SKINs enough said.
  • vVrathh wrote: »
    Think most of the stuff left to add from OT era is the Rogue One stuff.

Personally I’d love to see Baze Malbus because that gun is sick AF and the lightside desperatly needs a full auto fast shooter. But chances of that happening is slim to none sadly.

I would love to see IG88 great Bounty hunter.

But please dont add K2SO im probably gonna get lynched saying that but i hated that droid, cause it was forced comedic relief pressed into a droid as well as the completely unnecessary droidophilia slapped onto Landos character probably to be more diverse? I dont know. Alan Tudyk is great dont gez me wrong but for K2SO is worse than C3PO and Jar Jar.

*Taking cover

But please dont add K2SO im probably gonna get lynched saying that but i hated that droid, cause it was forced comedic relief pressed into a droid as well as the completely unnecessary droidophilia slapped onto Landos character probably to be more diverse? I dont know. Alan Tudyk is great dont gez me wrong but for K2SO is worse than C3PO and Jar Jar.

*Taking cover

Yeah I think you’re in the minority of disliking K2SO.
  • Give us Jyn, krennic, scarif, Jedha, Shield Gate, shoretroopers, twilight on Hoth, sullust, cloud city, shadow troopers, and purge troopers, and I think I’ll be happy

Honestly, idk how I overlooked Baze as a potential hero. He'd be an absolute tank and having such a unique weapon, that's 100% something I could get behind.
  • Give us Jyn, krennic, scarif, Jedha, Shield Gate, shoretroopers, twilight on Hoth, sullust, cloud city, shadow troopers, and purge troopers, and I think I’ll be happy

Jedha would be so awesome imo. It has the potential to be such a great GA map and it could be used for Extraction too and we definitely need Extraction maps. I know I've asked for it a lot and I see it come up frequently when people are asking for OT content. I feel like it would be wishful thinking to even ask for it but hey, a guy can hope.
  • Dark Trooper enforcer- if they ever did a melee only reinforcement- Phase I for the win Xx

w8r4xx97s1k1.jpeg
  • Oidmetala
    310 posts Member
    edited September 2
    Rogue One content.
    Jedha and Scarif as new Galactic Assault maps.
    Krennic and Jyn Erso as new blaster heroes.
    New trooper and rebel skins. Shoretrooper and Alien skins such as Edrio Two-Tubes.
  • - OT maps coming to CS & Instant Action
    - Scarif
    - BF2015 Sullust maps for Extraction
    - Jyn & Krennic as new heroes
    - Imperial skins (Navy Troopers, Pauldron colors etc)
    - more alien skins (Dresselian & Ishi Tib etc)

• I’d like to see ported Extraction maps, ported Freezing chamber, Royal Guards, and krennic and Jyn.
  • C3POR2D2BB8
    735 posts Member
    edited September 2
    Dark Trooper enforcer- if they ever did a melee only reinforcement- Phase I for the win Xx

w8r4xx97s1k1.jpeg

lixyhfhyafeq.jpg
    JEFF GOLDBLUM A GOD

• Well, I’d say it should be Rogue One focused in order to expand the periods. Heroes would of course be Jyn and Krennic. Maps would be Scarif and Jedha.
    However the idea of having Thrawn sounds awesome though it would be much better if they could ensure Lars Mikkelsen provides the voice. Sabine could give us a great counter for Boba and maybe good air battles. She could have the Darksaber as an ability.
  • OoiiHooked_22
    2824 posts Member
    edited September 2
    We need RO content ASAP and OT CS is a no brainer
    Post edited by OoiiHooked_22 on

*Taking cover

Are you getting confused with the one from Solo? A female droid whose “comedic” moments were as forced as any I can remember. Awful character.

K2SO was wonderful, with a very touching final scene.
  • Rouge One as there is so much content to pull from

*Taking cover

Are you getting confused with the one from Solo? A female droid whose “comedic” moments were as forced as any I can remember. Awful character.

K2SO was wonderful, with a very touching final scene.

Oh... K2SO was the one from Solo wasnt it?
  • I can’t believe we never got a chewy carrying c3po skin.
  • anidriX wrote: »
    Well, I’d say it should be Rogue One focused in order to expand the periods. Heroes would of course be Jyn and Krennic. Maps would be Scarif and Jedha.
    However the idea of having Thrawn sounds awesome though it would be much better if they could ensure Lars Mikkelsen provides the voice. Sabine could give us a great counter for Boba and maybe good air battles. She could have the Darksaber as an ability.

Oh, of course, he'd have to be the voice. I'm half tempted to do a character concept for Thrawn because he's been such an iconic character for so long and his introduction into canon was one of the most anticipated and appreciated I've ever seen so adding him to a game is almost a no-brainer at this point.

Sabine with the Darksaber would be incredible too. It might get complicated with the in-game mechanics, as the devs would have to work her character to transition from dual-wielding pistols to having the standard lightsaber mechanics while the ability was active, but I definitely think it would be possible. The ability could have the Darksaber active for 30 seconds with like a 35 second recharge time so it would be useful but not something you could spam.
  • Scarif
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"
    bhih9jzeyr6i.gif
  • lowell
    1606 posts Member
    After TROS and Rogue One have been covered, I look forward to DICE implementing more of non-film canon into the game. Lots of the developers are fans of TCW and Rebels and I think they have some ideas in their mind already on how to make game content based on them and they have untapped potential for game design that has yet to be shown to the player base and the entire Star Wars community.

There's been too much focus on establishing films as priority source for content that we've underestimated what they could do for the shows, comics, novels, etc. in the game.
  • lowell wrote: »
    After TROS and Rogue One have been covered, I look forward to DICE implementing more of non-film canon into the game. Lots of the developers are fans of TCW and Rebels and I think they have some ideas in their mind already on how to make game content based on them and they have untapped potential for game design that has yet to be shown to the player base and the entire Star Wars community.

There's been too much focus on establishing films as priority source for content that we've underestimated what they could do for the shows, comics, novels, etc. in the game.

I can understand why the films are treated as a priority source but honestly, if we based character inclusion on a character being active and meaningful in the films, we wouldn't have Bossk, Boba, Phasma, Iden, Lando, and we wouldn't have had Greedo, Dengar, or Nien Nunb in BF2015. You have to look towards expanded material to get anything meaningful out of those characters to justify their inclusion as heroes and because of that, I don't see why the devs don't include more characters from tv shows, comics, and novels that have meaningful, substantive positions in Star Wars canon.

Even just in Rebels, there are tons of opportunities for heroes and reinforcements, from the entire Ghost crew (I think Zeb and Sabine would make interesting additions), Thrawn, Inquisitors as reinforcements, the devs are sitting on gold mines of material that could make for incredible additions to the game.

Or if you simply look within the campaign that already exists in this game, Vardos would make an amazing GA or CS map, Pillio would be great for Blast, HvV, or Extraction, and the Imperial weapons factory on Sullust would be a great GA map too. It's not like there aren't opportunities for OT content to be introduced into the game and especially since we've been inundated with only content from one era for a while, I'm not sure what the devs are waiting for.
  • lowell
    1606 posts Member
    edited September 3
    lowell wrote: »

I can understand why the films are treated as a priority source but honestly, if we based character inclusion on a character being active and meaningful in the films, we wouldn't have Bossk, Boba, Phasma, Iden, Lando, and we wouldn't have had Greedo, Dengar, or Nien Nunb in BF2015. You have to look towards expanded material to get anything meaningful out of those characters to justify their inclusion as heroes and because of that, I don't see why the devs don't include more characters from tv shows, comics, and novels that have meaningful, substantive positions in Star Wars canon.

Even just in Rebels, there are tons of opportunities for heroes and reinforcements, from the entire Ghost crew (I think Zeb and Sabine would make interesting additions), Thrawn, Inquisitors as reinforcements, the devs are sitting on gold mines of material that could make for incredible additions to the game.

Or if you simply look within the campaign that already exists in this game, Vardos would make an amazing GA or CS map, Pillio would be great for Blast, HvV, or Extraction, and the Imperial weapons factory on Sullust would be a great GA map too. It's not like there aren't opportunities for OT content to be introduced into the game and especially since we've been inundated with only content from one era for a while, I'm not sure what the devs are waiting for.

Also, would be cool to get things from the Marvel Comics in the game since apparently, the 3-year gap between ANH and ESB are about to be filled soon:

latest?cb=20190822202052

Yeah, the main Star Wars title is ending with issue #75 but we don't know how long the Doctor Aphra comic is going to go to yet.