criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

hashtag uninstallBattlefront

I'm a software developer myself, so I completely understand the push and pull between features and bug fixing. That being said, between the atrociously bad matchmaking, the unbelievably inaccurate and delayed hit boxes and the long list of random bugs that manifest themselves spontaneously (like Anakin losing the ability to do anything other than walk), I'm done. Done. I've played over 2000 hours in this game, and I love it, but they've allowed it to regress to the point where almost every match is rage-inducing. If this were my development team, I would immediately cease any feature development whatsoever and put all my resources towards addressing the aforementioned issues. I'd also revamp my QA process so that I could ensure, to the best of my ability, that regressions like this never happened again. But I've lost all confidence this development team is either willing or capable of doing this.

Replies

• OcDoc
    2025 posts Member
    Playing right now and having a blast. This whole thing is overblown, don’t join the mass hysteria.
  • OcDoc wrote: »
    Playing right now and having a blast. This whole thing is overblown, don’t join the mass hysteria.

I’m happy for you, truly. But I’m not joining anything, I’m speaking only about my personal experience with the game. Playing a game should be fun, self-evidently, and right now it’s dramatically more rage-inducing for me than fun. But I’m glad it’s fun for you, I remember when it was for me, it was great.
  • OcDoc
    2025 posts Member
    OcDoc wrote: »

I’m happy for you, truly. But I’m not joining anything, I’m speaking only about my personal experience with the game. Playing a game should be fun, self-evidently, and right now it’s dramatically more rage-inducing for me than fun. But I’m glad it’s fun for you, I remember when it was for me, it was great.

Sorry. Really.

Just curious, what platform, region and internet connection type?

Sorry. Really.

PC

East Coast, North America

Weak (I live in the country, so typically 35-40 ping)
  • OcDoc
    2025 posts Member
    OcDoc wrote: »

Sorry. Really.

PC

East Coast, North America

Weak (I live in the country, so typically 35-40 ping)

Roger that. Everyone here is all mad at me because I am not getting the same issues they are. I have even done tests and paid attention to in game events and still don’t get the issues everyone is complaining about. I am on PS4 with a wired fiber connection to the Virginia server and I am starting to think that is a lot of the reason.

Not saying you should change your setup but it is a theory I am working on. We all know this game is graphics intensive and takes up a lot of resources. Do I experience a few bugs along the way? Sure. But I rarely get anything that seriously interrupts my gameplay.

I really don’t think I would like playing this game with the PC crowd though. Seems like they are more likely to try and exploit a glitch than what I experience. Most of the people I play with probably don’t look at forums and have no idea of the existence of some of these exploitable glitches.

Not saying you should change your setup but it is a theory I am working on. We all know this game is graphics intensive and takes up a lot of resources. Do I experience a few bugs along the way? Sure. But I rarely get anything that seriously interrupts my gameplay.

I really don’t think I would like playing this game with the PC crowd though. Seems like they are more likely to try and exploit a glitch than what I experience. Most of the people I play with probably don’t look at forums and have no idea of the existence of some of these exploitable glitches.

My connection is already wired. I can’t improve it, short of moving. And I’m not buying a console in the hopes it’s better.

The issues I’m talking about aren’t exploitable glitches (other than Obi-Wan and Rey insta-stamina drain). Virtually every match I’m in is a horrible mismatch, whether I join mid-match or from scratch. Hit box lag is a bug in the game, I’m not sure how someone would go about exploiting it. Hero abilities and blocking glitching doesn’t need an exploit to take advantage of.