criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Triple XP Event

Heroes are no longer the priority. Add content for troopers.

Replies

• Ppong_Man12
    2786 posts Member
    edited September 6
    That’s Vader, he’s next level not the standard scrub Jedi, apparently he doesn’t need lightsabers to block,... and Obi Wan defies the highground vs Maul yet Anakin with all that power can’t. Shoulda used Nick Gillard's original idea for the ending imo, made a lot more sense.

7coru1ozc542.gif

63d77bkzjddt.gif
  • That’s Vader, he’s next level not the standard scrub Jedi, apparently he doesn’t need lightsabers to block,... and Obi Wan defies the highground vs Maul yet Anakin with all that power can’t. Shoulda used Nick Gillard's original script for the ending imo, made a lot more sense.

7coru1ozc542.gif

63d77bkzjddt.gif

So they aren’t bugs but a feature
  • That’s Vader, he’s next level not the standard scrub Jedi, apparently he doesn’t need lightsabers to block,... and Obi Wan defies the highground vs Maul yet Anakin with all that power can’t. Shoulda used Nick Gillard's original script for the ending imo, made a lot more sense.

7coru1ozc542.gif

63d77bkzjddt.gif

Arrogance is blinding 😉

Vader has some serious blaster burn in his hand I bet 😂
  • Also don’t forget about the range of his force choke.

• lowell
    1655 posts Member
    edited September 6
    Also don’t forget about the range of his force choke.

Mustafar:

RCO004.jpg

RCO005.jpg

RCO006.jpg

RCO007.jpg

RCO008_w.jpg

RCO009.jpg

RCO010.jpg

RCO011_w.jpg

RCO013.jpg

RCO016.jpg

RCO017.jpg

RCO018.jpg

RCO019.jpg

RCO022.jpg

RCO023_w.jpg

Lothal:

Cymoon 1:

RCO016.jpg

RCO017.jpg

RCO018.jpg

RCO021.jpg

RCO022.jpg

RCO008.jpg

RCO009.jpg

RCO010.jpg

RCO011.jpg
    Post edited by lowell on
  • @lowell, that’s awesome dude, thanks for that.
  • lowell
    1655 posts Member
    @lowell, that’s awesome dude, thanks for that.

Yeah, I mean, we can always be surprised at what Vader does with the Force. Except lightning, though, since his arms are robotic now.
  • Xerogon wrote: »
    If you removed heroes entirely from this game it would still be a Battlefront game. You’d only lose two very small modes and the truly game damaging bugs would virtually disappear with them.

If you removed troopers from this game it wouldn’t resemble a Battlefront game in any way, shape, or form. You would only have two very small, playable modes and the bugs would affect virtually 100% of every minute of gameplay.

Just an observation.
    If you removed heroes entirely, it would be one of the most boring Battlefront games.

If you suck at infantry play I bet it would.
    Nah that doesn't matter, heroes distinguish Battlefront from the likes of Battlefield and Call of Duty.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • skincarver wrote: »
    Versatti wrote: »
    Rather annoyingly 9 months have passed by since this was posted and yet there has been nothing, nada, zilch for trooper classes (except for nerfs).

Sad isn’t it.

And still NOTHING in sight.
    Because the devs know what's best for the game.

They don’t
    The latest CT says otherwise.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
    Versatti wrote: »
    Rather annoyingly 9 months have passed by since this was posted and yet there has been nothing, nada, zilch for trooper classes (except for nerfs).

Sad isn’t it.

And still NOTHING in sight.
    Because the devs know what's best for the game.

They don’t
    The latest CT says otherwise.

Where are the new weapons and proper fixes?
    Why TF is this thread constantly being Bumped

Because heroes are no longer the priority. Add content for troopers.
    Just as the title says.

They haven’t announced any new heroes since Anakin I don’t see the problem
    "You Don't Know the Power of the Dark Side"
    vader.gif
  • Xerogon wrote: »
    If you removed heroes entirely from this game it would still be a Battlefront game. You’d only lose two very small modes and the truly game damaging bugs would virtually disappear with them.

If you removed troopers from this game it wouldn’t resemble a Battlefront game in any way, shape, or form. You would only have two very small, playable modes and the bugs would affect virtually 100% of every minute of gameplay.

Just an observation.
    If you removed heroes entirely, it would be one of the most boring Battlefront games.

Nah that doesn't matter, heroes distinguish Battlefront from the likes of Battlefield and Call of Duty.

Because the only way for Battlefront to stand out from Battlefield and COD is to have heroes /s. I remember OG battlefront which didn't feature any heroes being a complete carbon copy of Battlefield /s.

Also why is Relmets banned?

Just as the title says.

Even so, they haven’t announced ANY trooper content up to this day.
    Where is the problem in asking for it?
    Conditions for troopers only did get worse as time went by, hardly any heroplayer will get this.

Just as the title says.

This was posted on January, around the time count dooku was going to be added
  • The way I see it saber lords have had close to all the content to the point this game is close to ruined imo. There’s hardly any balance, bugs are everywhere, gameplay has never been great imo, and there’s little to no skillgap.

Currently the game is a hero/reinforcements game geared more for casual weekend gamers that like something Starwars and that’s fine, but they should give the other half something. The best thing infantry got was a port of a bf15 mode with 1 map, the other being ported.

Personally I think many were expecting more of a shooter type game that was a little more skillbased, or maybe a continuation of bf15. Weapons, infantry, private matches, stats, and small gamemodes other than HvV have been ignored and we still haven’t got that trooper event. Add cargo/dropzone along with turning point and watch GA die imo.
  • The way I see it saber lords have had close to all the content to the point this game is close to ruined imo. There’s hardly any balance, bugs are everywhere, gameplay has never been great imo, and there’s little to no skillgap.

Currently the game is a hero/reinforcements game geared more for casual weekend gamers that like something Starwars and that’s fine, but they should give the other half something. The best thing infantry got was a port of a bf15 mode with 1 map, the other being ported.

Personally I think many were expecting more of a shooter type game that was a little more skillbased, or maybe a continuation of bf15. Weapons, infantry, private matches, stats, and small gamemodes other than HvV have been ignored and we still haven’t got that trooper event. Add cargo/dropzone along with turning point and watch GA die imo.

That’s it. The large modes would die and leave heroplayers farming bots.
    We cannot let that happen.

The way I see it saber lords have had close to all the content to the point this game is close to ruined imo. There’s hardly any balance, bugs are everywhere, gameplay has never been great imo, and there’s little to no skillgap.

They won’t die if the majority likes and wants a predominantly hero based mode like HU/GA. I don’t get why this team hasn’t offered some type of trooper mode and continues to focus on heroes only, maybe they think that’s the only way they can sell this game, idk.

Again though, the only reason GA or HvV would suffer is because a true majority would rather modes like I’m suggesting, Modes like turning point, cargo/dz, or a mode like WA/Supremacy with limited heroes would be great imo and make the game a lot more replayable. Also if the PB is as big as they claim it shouldn’t be a problem.
    The way I see it saber lords have had close to all the content to the point this game is close to ruined imo. There’s hardly any balance, bugs are everywhere, gameplay has never been great imo, and there’s little to no skillgap.

They won’t die if the majority likes and wants a predominantly hero based mode like HU/GA. I don’t get why this team hasn’t offered some type of trooper mode and continues to focus on heroes only, maybe they think that’s the only way they can sell this game, idk.

Again though, the only reason GA or HvV would suffer is because a true majority would rather modes like I’m suggesting, Modes like turning point, cargo/dz, or a mode like WA/Supremacy with limited heroes would be great imo and make the game a lot more replayable. Also if the PB is as big as they claim it shouldn’t be a problem.

I cannot understand why this game didn’t have a trooper mode (without tiered units) at launch, or one wasn’t introduced in the past ~2 years. If the pb is so healthy then seriously, what harm could be done by adding one trooper mode other than attracting more players?

I’d prefer any of the modes you suggested to the ones we have today. As long as it would be (predominantly) infantry based I would happily welcome any mode Dice would add, but yeah...

I bought this game only for the infantry aspect, sadly we will have nothing added for over two years despite being promised (weapons).

The base 4 classes are in need of attention and content; a focused feedback for troopers would have been nice. I don’t understand why no efforts have been made so far.

• tankertoad wrote: »
    Xerogon wrote: »

Just an observation.

Star wars and a different universe does. Not heroes.
    Heroes are Star Wars. Thanks for proving my point. :)

No they aren’t, the universe and it’s stories are. And my goodness are there a lot of stories that don’t include said “heroes”

And let’s be honest. Some characters, like Bossk for example, are really undeserving of the title
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Yay, yet another Focused Feedback for Heroes.......kill me

Because we know that heroes have more issues than Troopers right now.

We could always go back to Launch status when heroes didn't have as many issues, and before Lightsabers became overrepresented in a B A T T L E F R O N T title for whatever reason.

I mean, if we exclusively (sure feels that way at this point) keep listening and catering to the Baloney crowd, then it's hardly a surprise there'd be issues when already playtesting is practically non-existent.

Any ETA on when the heroes will, at long last, start taking a back seat and we'll move back to what the title is about? Any at all?

Agreed.
    Good to see you‘re posting again!

I feel like we’re dices unwanted stepchildren 😅. A battlefront game with negligible care for infantry.
    Incomprehensible.

• KresusFIN
    2801 posts Member
    edited September 7
    skincarver wrote: »
    KresusFIN wrote: »

We could always go back to Launch status when heroes didn't have as many issues, and before Lightsabers became overrepresented in a B A T T L E F R O N T title for whatever reason.

I mean, if we exclusively (sure feels that way at this point) keep listening and catering to the Baloney crowd, then it's hardly a surprise there'd be issues when already playtesting is practically non-existent.

Any ETA on when the heroes will, at long last, start taking a back seat and we'll move back to what the title is about? Any at all?

Agreed.
    Good to see you‘re posting again!

I feel like we’re dices unwanted stepchildren 😅. A battlefront game with negligible care for infantry.
    Incomprehensible.

I've been away for a bit. I saw some screenshots with some of the madness from these forums on a certain Discord, which in turn drew me back like a fly to honey.

Very much liked the patch notes on paper, but when 3 out of the 3 other folks I mainly play with say that Sabers are broken (favourably) (Again....), I figured I'd just try stuff out for a round in Arcade, and then remain on the sidelines.

That, and it's a bit awkward to find time to play with two guys from the US and one deep-cover ***** operative when also needing to care for an infant, so eh.. :D

Edit:

...Why is "K - G - B" a censored thing? Huh... @Admiral_Xen , they're on to you!
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"

Just as the title says.

Conditions for troopers only did get worse as time went by, hardly any heroplayer will get this.

New reinforcements we are getting

Just as the title says.

not troopers

Just as the title says.

Not good enough, not what we ask for.

• KresusFIN wrote: »

Dont bother. His promise of a Trooper Event didnt happen. Shocking /s
  • Nice to see this cool and still relevant thread getting love.

2pgusujmaum7.gif

A shame nothing good has resulted from this and others like it.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    Nice to see this cool and still relevant thread getting love.

2pgusujmaum7.gif

A shame nothing good has resulted from this and others like it.

Agreed.
    Nice to see you posting again, trooper 😜

Just an observation.

False.
    Great argument!
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif

Just an observation.

No they aren’t, the universe and it’s stories are. And my goodness are there a lot of stories that don’t include said “heroes”
    Yeah and most of the stories revolve around heroes. Thanks for proving my point. :)
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif

Just an observation.

That's why OG Battlefront which didn't feature any heroes flopped instead of being a hit and spawning a sequel and eventual reboot years later? /s
    No but it was completely overshadowed by its sequel, due to it having heroes, making the game far better than Battlefront 2004.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Look at all those beauties

y6kfmin6apc2.png

u/Immortal_Soldiers post https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/d3s3x3/weapon_system_rework_removing_the_era_restriction/
    has 3.2k upvotes and F8rge was tagged about 20 times in it.

Please, Dice. Please.

• lowell
    1655 posts Member
    edited September 14
    Look at all those beauties

y6kfmin6apc2.png

u/Immortal_Soldiers post https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/d3s3x3/weapon_system_rework_removing_the_era_restriction/
    has 3.2k upvotes and F8rge was tagged about 20 times in it.

Please, Dice. Please.

The obvious step to go forward after the overhaul happens. If heroes from different eras are allowed to be in every map, so should the weapons. The more options the player has, the more they'll want to come back to play the game on a periodic basis.

I do have some thoughts on where cross-era should not touch like vehicles but I could be persuaded to allow some reinforcements jumping eras based on what the canon has done so far.

An example of that is BX-series droid commandos were Vader's private forces outside of the Empire's stormtroopers when he was fighting against the Shu-Torun forces and Cylo's cybernetic group (who were deemed to replace his seat as Sheev's second-in-command).

latest?cb=20180401021322

latest?cb=20150730034218

Post edited by lowell on
  • Bump.
    PSN: this_old_mouse