criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

Who created the clone army?

My understanding is that sifo-dyas was a real Jedi at one point. Then he was murdered by dooku/tyrannus. Dooku then impersonated sifo-dyas when he placed the order for the army with the kaminoins and that was Sidious' plan from the beginning of episode 1. To position himself at the top of the republic rather separatists so his leadership would be far more secure than if the separatists had won and he was in charge.

Is that correct?

Replies

• RyanK388
    1830 posts Member
    I like using legends to explain who made the clone army is a lot more simpler than what they have and canon
  • That’s pretty much it. Or at least very close.
  • RyanK388 wrote: »
    I like using legends to explain who made the clone army is a lot more simpler than what they have and canon

But what I said isn't too complicated and it's canon. It's simple but still genius and would be extremely difficult to pull off in reality. Imagine doing it with the American political system. Way easier said than done, yet still relatively simple.
  • Or maybe Dooku had his padawan go to kamino and place the order.
  • Correct, although I am quite sure there was no impersonation. If we use TCW show as canon, the Kaminoins were clearly aware of Sidious and Order 66. I think the name Sifo-dyas, who was killed by Dooku, was simply used to appease the Jedi Council of the notion that this powerful army just popped up out of nowhere under the directive of a Jedi. No trickery involved with the Kaminoins.
  • Correct, although I am quite sure there was no impersonation. If we use TCW show as canon, the Kaminoins were clearly aware of Sidious and Order 66. I think the name Sifo-dyas, who was killed by Dooku, was simply used to appease the Jedi Council of the notion that this powerful army just popped up out of nowhere under the directive of a Jedi. No trickery involved with the Kaminoins.

Oh I was just going off the movies. I haven't watched all the CW. I kind of like it better though thinking that the kaminoins didn't know. Seems like a massive risk of Sidious and dooku to reveal their plans to an entire world. Just one republic sympathizer from kamino could of destroyed their entire plans. Not very well thought out storyline by the CW writers imo, and I think that's why the movies would of veered away from the kaminoins knowing about anything to do with the sith.
  • Also who made the first star destroyers?? They came about at the same time the clones did yet no mention of their construction in the movies. Did the CW series mention them?
  • DarthJ
    6687 posts Member
    Also who made the first star destroyers?? They came about at the same time the clones did yet no mention of their construction in the movies. Did the CW series mention them?

I think the Venators werethe influence. When the Empire arrived and the Clone Wars ended, its always been said Palpatine wanted a focus on the Navy to dominate the galaxy, and Star Destroyers were the main capital ships for the Navy. I basically see them as improved Venators
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    Also who made the first star destroyers?? They came about at the same time the clones did yet no mention of their construction in the movies. Did the CW series mention them?

I think the Venators werethe influence. When the Empire arrived and the Clone Wars ended, its always been said Palpatine wanted a focus on the Navy to dominate the galaxy, and Star Destroyers were the main capital ships for the Navy. I basically see them as improved Venators

No I meant who made the first venators. I think venators is a model of star destroyer anyway. Like the clone army was made by palpatine and we know it's backstory. But who made the venators and when and how were they commissioned?
  • Uhhh? Jeff Bezos?
    "Somewhere over this horizon sit a million little dictators eager to purge humanity of its strengths"
    -Mk300mk

• MK300MK wrote: »
    Uhhh? Jeff Bezos?

I think you mean Elon Musk. Jeff couldn't build a rocket that could even fly directly into mercury if it was 1 meter away and pointing straight at it.
  • MK300MK
    61 posts Member
    edited August 30
    MK300MK wrote: »
    Uhhh? Jeff Bezos?

I think you mean Elon Musk. Jeff couldn't build a rocket that could even fly directly into mercury if it was 1 meter away and pointing straight at it.
    But he did force his company's warehouse workforce into machines.
    "Somewhere over this horizon sit a million little dictators eager to purge humanity of its strengths"
    -Mk300mk

• MK300MK wrote: »
    MK300MK wrote: »
    Uhhh? Jeff Bezos?

But he did force his company's warehouse workforce into machines.

He is good at making money and being a glorified mail man. However he is a far cry from being a well respected visionary. He's like the low end spectrum of visionary haha. That's why he's hardly the human that could be said to jokingly create star destroyers haha
  • Alex64
    7827 posts Member
    a dumb Jedi
    Me and the EZ Mouse
  • It might've been sinar fleet-systems, they made the tie fighters for the empire and they made the jedi's intercepter.
  • Syfo dyas apparently saw the future and that the republic would need an army, but the Jedi council thought his idea was so insane that he was kicked off the council. Despite that he went to kamino and placed the order, when Dooku and Sidious found out about the order they had dyas killed and they took over the project and somewhere along the line they had the inhibitors chips installed to force the clones to kill Jedi, but the kaminoans were told that it was only a contingency for if the there was a Jedi rebellion and in way there was.

Does that makes sense?
  • Syfo dyas apparently saw the future and that the republic would need an army, but the Jedi council thought his idea was so insane that he was kicked off the council. Despite that he went to kamino and placed the order, when Dooku and Sidious found out about the order they had dyas killed and they took over the project and somewhere along the line they had the inhibitors chips installed to force the clones to kill Jedi, but the kaminoans were told that it was only a contingency for if the there was a Jedi rebellion and in way there was.

Does that makes sense?

Well yes and no. It would make no sense to kill syfo dyas at all really. I mean as long as the army is being created and palpatine is still supreme chancellor at the time the clone wars starts. What's the point in killing him? Also why wouldn't the clones follow the orders of palpatine anyway? The kaminoans already said they are more dosile and easy to control than normal humans. So when their actual leader gives them an order, they will follow it. I mean even in the army right now if the president ordered the capture of high ranking generals or admirals, the troops that got the order would almost certainly follow through with it, and they haven't even been genetically altered to obey like the clones were.

Where did this plot line come from? CW?
  • But the clones do have inhibitor chips in their head, just watch the clone wars and the rebels show.
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    But the clones do have inhibitor chips in their head, just watch the clone wars and the rebels show.

Just seems like an unnecessarily convoluted plotline that was made up only for the sake of a storyline in the clone wars. There just really seems no need for the chip and it's as though the only reason the chip exists is so that the plotline that person above mentioned can exist, where palps and dooku kill sifo dyas and then the kaminoans can be a little villainous and interesting from a different point of view than they were in the movies.

Let's face it. The movie plotline flows way batter and is sneakier and more in line with how palpatine operated behind the scenes. It's just an all round better plan from a logical point of view as well. It provides palps with the lowest risk. He doesn't involve and entire planet in his plans. He still has the army made for the republic. Also the clones are very dosile and obedient warriors and would certainly follow their leaders orders similar to modern day soldiers, but with even more loyalty. Sifo dyas was just some random Jedi that dooku killed and then impersonated to get the army built. So palps never exposes himself and no one would be any wiser even if the clone army was uncovered sooner by the republic and the Jedi decided they would interrogate the kaminoans as to why the army was built. Because you can be sure that if an army was constructed by a world that is in the republic, and it wasn't needed in a time of war, then there would of been farrr more questions as to how it was made. Like imagine for the sake of this discussion that in 1940 there were no armies that existed except for the German army, but then out of nowhere America just gets the exact army we all know about in the real world today and it pops up into existence and they have it to do what they want with it. There would be shock and wonder, but the first course of action wouldn't be to launch an investigation into it, but rather use it to defeat Germany. However if that army appeared 10 years earlier, then the first thing to do would be to figure out where it came from.
  • George lucas was the one that agreed with the clone inhibitor chips idea cause he was the one who approved of the ideas for the show its canon, plus before the clone wars show it was said that the clones were brain washed but they didn't explain how so they had to come up with something. That would be like military having their men kill each other i don't think that the military would have their men to kill each other that's what order 66 would be like and they probably wouldn't do it anyways unless they were going to kill you if you didn't kill your friends. The clones were brain washed and there is nothing saying otherwise.
  • Starwarsor66
    1991 posts Member
    edited September 1
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    George lucas was the one that agreed with the clone inhibitor chips idea cause he was the one who approved of the ideas for the show its canon, plus before the clone wars show it was said that the clones were brain washed but they didn't explain how so they had to come up with something. That would be like military having their men kill each other i don't think that the military would have their men to kill each other that's what order 66 would be like and they probably wouldn't do it anyways unless they were going to kill you if you didn't kill your friends. The clones were brain washed and there is nothing saying otherwise.

Well I was only saying the CW storyline is all the weaker for it. The movies had the better idea imo. Also George Lucas hasn't always made the best choices with star wars every single time.

Yes soldiers have killed their own men. Look up "barrier troops" of the Soviet red army during World war 2. They shot many of their own soldiers that were attempting to desert during battle and detained thousands and thousands of them. Of the detained people about 10,000 were then executed. Just because the American army doesn't murder their own troops doesn't mean other armies haven't done throughout history. Now they did it for fleeing a battle. The Jedi however were accused of high treason by palpatine, therefore the republic itself accused them. If we followed what I said would of been a better storyline, being the genetic manipulation of their freewill (rather than installed microchips), then it's quite easy to believe they would murder the Jedi on sight, considering the Jedi have the abilities to escape if the clones had instead been ordered to capture them for trial.

Also I don't know why you said they had to come up with a reason for the clone brain wash. They literally said in the movies that they were genetically modified to be more dosile and accepting of commands. That was the original explaination in the movies. I personally saw that as enough because I imagined that a galactic republic that spanned thousands of world and had hyperdrive and could create hundreds of thousands of human clones would most likely also have the ability to alter the genetic codes of their clones to quite a high degree.

The microchips and palpatine and dooku getting involved with the kaminoans might be cannon. But like I said before, I think it's a worse storyline than what the movies implied happened where palps and dooku never got involved with the kaminoans beyond the the sifo dyas impersonation.
  • I meant American soldiers.
    I meant American soldiers.

I know. That's why I mentioned things other armies have done, because the clones aren't American haha
  • The jedi new that the clones were created by their enemies just look up mace windu jedi master of the republic its a comic book the question is why the jedi didn't suspect anything about it, the jedi didn't want the public to find out where the clone army came from so they kept it hidden.
  • The clones are still good people, their not as harsh and rash as say the russians.
    The clones are still good people, their not as harsh and rash as say the russians.

That's American cultural influence talking for sure haha
    The jedi new that the clones were created by their enemies just look up mace windu jedi master of the republic its a comic book the question is why the jedi didn't suspect anything about it, the jedi didn't want the public to find out where the clone army came from so they kept it hidden.

Yeah but I'm saying if there was no war going on. Only then would they be forced to reveal or get to the bottom of where the clone army came from. But there was a war, so it was put aside in the meantime. However it never got to a point where the Jedi were in charge as there was no war going on. So there was never any time that the public would or could of demanded to know where the army came from. By the time peace came around, palps was already in charge and a dictator. So no one would of pushed him too hard to find out where they came from.
  • Thats very true.
  • I like the chip story line. I think it expands on why the clones turned on the spot and murdered their friends without a second thought. The clones and jedi clearly were friends and soldiers in arms. The chip was the only way Palpatine could ensure all of the Clones would turn on command.
  • I like the chip story line. I think it expands on why the clones turned on the spot and murdered their friends without a second thought. The clones and jedi clearly were friends and soldiers in arms. The chip was the only way Palpatine could ensure all of the Clones would turn on command.

I still just don't see why that couldn't be achieved through genetic manipulation. The human brain is just a biological computer.
  • Well maybe they couldn't time it right or something if they did the genetic manipulation, cause what if palpatine was afraid that the clones would turn on the jedi at a random time when palpatine was still looking for a replacement for dooku, plus he was still waiting for the jedi to destroy grievous. I read a comic book that came out maybe like a year ago or so and it was about kanan from rebels as a padawan during the clone wars, after kanan, his master depa billaba and their clone battalion won the battle of kaller on the planet kaller the clone commander styles and commander grey received order 66 and kanan's master told him to run then she died by the clones, so kanan gets away but later gets caught by his own clone commander styles and grey but commander grey is touched by kanans words and tells commander styles that he didn't even remember fighting on the planet kaller with kanan and his master and that he felt like he was under a spell or something after he received order 66, so he ends up betraying commander styles and shoots their ships controls to save kanan. It was a great book, you can look up commander grey if you want to know more about him.
  • I just realised another reason why the chips wouldn't be a good idea. The clones were engaged in war for about maybe 5 or 10 years or whatever it was. During that time thousands and thousands of clones would of been wounded to the point of needing medical care. They would of got this care from medical centres all over the galaxy. Countless internal scans of them and their brains would of been done. Each scan would of found the exact same chip in their head. The clones that died on the operating table or beds for the ones that couldn't be saved would of definitely had these chips inspected by the medical staff. The programming would of been found out early on in the war.

I mean is there even any mention of a cover story for what these chips are for in case they found?
  • bfloo
    15814 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »

No I meant who made the first venators. I think venators is a model of star destroyer anyway. Like the clone army was made by palpatine and we know it's backstory. But who made the venators and when and how were they commissioned?

It is implied that the Kaminoans provided them. They armed and trained the GAR. As no one knew they were even being built, you couldn't have republic foundries going crazy building them.

The Clone army was actually started by Darth Plaigeus, not Palps.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

It is implied that the Kaminoans provided them. They armed and trained the GAR. As no one knew they were even being built, you couldn't have republic foundries going crazy building them.

How could it ever of been started by plaigeus if dooku was the one who placed the order with the kaminoans? There can only be 2 sith and the order was placed after episode 1 because dooku was then palps apprentice. Plaigeus would of had to of died before episode 1, which was obviously when palps and maul were a team and palps had already killed plaigeus by that point.
  • bfloo
    15814 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

How could it ever of been started by plaigeus if dooku was the one who placed the order with the kaminoans? There can only be 2 sith and the order was placed after episode 1 because dooku was then palps apprentice. Plaigeus would of had to of died before episode 1, which was obviously when palps and maul were a team and palps had already killed plaigeus by that point.

Sifo Dyas placed the actual order.

I don't recall them ever explaining how Tyrranus became the main contact. Someone might know.
    I did enjoy how Bounty Hunter went about the story, but from my understanding it is no longer canon.

Palps killed Plaegis during TPM, right before he became chancellor.

h846398gb27k.png

I don't recall them ever explaining how Tyrranus became the main contact. Someone might know.
    I did enjoy how Bounty Hunter went about the story, but from my understanding it is no longer canon.

Jango Fett says it himself in episode 2. He says "I was recruited by a man called tyrannus on one of the moon's of bogda" when he's speaking to obi-wan about how he got the job as being the source DNA for the clones. This means dooku was there at the creation of the clone army at the start and it always felt like to me that dooku was the one who murdered sifo-dyas and impersonated him to the kaminoans.

Jango Fett says it himself in episode 2. He says "I was recruited by a man called tyrannus on one of the moon's of bogda" when he's speaking to obi-wan about how he got the job as being the source DNA for the clones. This means dooku was there at the creation of the clone army at the start and it always felt like to me that dooku was the one who murdered sifo-dyas and impersonated him to the kaminoans.

Because the obi-wan said sifo-dyas was murdered. So we can assume he never actually went just "missing". So who's the only people around that we know of who are closely involved in all of these actions that sifo-dyas supposedly set up with the kaminoans, and who are also capable of killing a Jedi and have motive so far as we know? Only the Sith.
  • bfloo
    15814 posts Member

Because the obi-wan said sifo-dyas was murdered. So we can assume he never actually went just "missing". So who's the only people around that we know of who are closely involved in all of these actions that sifo-dyas supposedly set up with the kaminoans, and who are also capable of killing a Jedi and have motive so far as we know? Only the Sith.

The Pyke Syndicate admitted to killing Sifo Dyas. I don't recall all of the details.

h846398gb27k.png

The Pyke Syndicate admitted to killing Sifo Dyas. I don't recall all of the details.

Who are the Pyke syndicate? Were they aligned with the Sith?
  • bfloo
    15814 posts Member

Who are the Pyke syndicate? Were they aligned with the Sith?

The Pykes were the ones on Kessel in Swolo.

They also appear in at least 2 arcs of cw. I know they are in the Maul season, someone in here knows which arc they were in where Sifo Dyas was mentioned, it was in the last season I think.

I wasn't a huge fan of the show, but the arc was pretty good. Maul Season was the highlight.

h846398gb27k.png

Plaigues died right when maul got his legs cut off. I read it in the darth plaigeus book and on wookieepedia, palpatine put poison in his drink, that made plaigeus fall asleep and then palpatine used his lightsaber to slash at plaigeu's breathing apparatus and then stabbed him, then he died, palpatine felt that maul was defeated right before he killed plaigeus, plaigeus gave palpatine the initial order for the clone army, then palpatine seduced syfo-dias, after that he kept his eye on dooku in hopes of making him his next apprentice. You do know that palpatine kinda changed the way of the sith like for instance vader with his inquisitors, palpatine with dooku & ventress she was dooku's apprentice, all these apprentices were counted more like extenders of palpatines power but they were still apprentices.
  • The rule of two was not completely changed, but just a little, like the master was always working in secret and the apprentice would carry out his work out in the open, but the apprentice was allowed an apprentice of their own like dooku and ventress or vader's inquisitors, well the grand inquisitor was more like vader's apprentice but the other ones were mere enforcers trained by the grand inquisitor.
  • bfloo
    15814 posts Member
    The Inquisitors weren't Sith. Palps clearly states this in the Vader comics.

The Sith worked in secret from day 1 under Darth Bane and Darth Zannah. Bane knew open conflict was a war the Sith would never win, because they always turn on each other. They both took on apprentices with the intent of knocking off the other one.

Palps killed Plaegus with lightning after he got him drunk, just kind of on a whim, in violation of the Rule of Two. His lightsaber was already hidden in a statue to be moved to his new apartment/ office. Plaegues did the same to his Master, attacking from behind, instead of in direct combat per the Rules under Bane.

h846398gb27k.png

• The grand inquisitor is vaders apprentice though.
  • Darth vader had starkiller as his apprentice in legends.