criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

I don't see why people want jyn and krennic as heroes so much.

Replies

• lowell wrote: »
    SnakeMajin wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »
    It's more about giving the minimum Rogue One representation, hence through its main hero and vilain and a map, rather than their gameplay potential. Solo did not need new heroes. Its main cast is already here ! I would have taken an extra Maul skin though.

It's the only Disney film that is not divisive. That should mean something.

I actually wanted at least Qi'ra/Dryden Vos or Enfys Nest/Beckett or something. But we'll likely get something more if that Solo sequel series happen eventually.

Was Solo really that divisive? I just knew some fans who didn't like TLJ didn't see it but it eventually got more people to see it on Netflix, which is probably more than the number of people who went to the theaters.

I think Solo is a pretty decent film. Not extraordinary but enjoyable. It's only divisive because it tried to make money on a character that is only popular because of its actor. An actor change in a story not so far ANH in terms of timeline just couldn't pay off in these conditions.

It had good characters sure, but when you take a closer look it already has 3 heroes and 1 vilain in BF2. RO has none. I do count Maul because he's the one behind the events of Solo. If the seats are limited, the main cast is due.

Beckett/Enfys Nest are not more relevant than support characters like Baze, Chirrut, Cassian and I dare say Windu. Not less either, sure, except for Windu. Dryden is unlikely to work as an Empire hero and we already have his surprise superior. Qi'ra could make sense, but in that case Padmé and Jyn simply should prevail for being main cast of their own films as opposed to Qi'ra who sticks to a support role.

Well, either way, I would've welcomed Solo characters being in the game at some point. Was Alden not a good enough actor for Han like Ewan was for Obi-Wan? I felt he was good enough for to portray a younger version of Han but apparently people kept saying Harrison Ford can't be replaced. Another actor I would've taken from that Solo audition shortlist would've been Logan Lerman. But, I wouldn't be surprised to see a bearded Alden show up in the Mandalorian Season 2, eventually, if they still have things for him to do past the Last Shot novel.

I was fine with his acting.
    He's not lucky because Solo is not an amazing character in the 1st place, with not the most amazing story to tell. Han Solo really only had the Ford aura. Remove it and the character simply doesn't have much to offer.
    My biggest problem with the actor change though is that the Solo film is set too close from ANH. If Solo happened a dozen years earlier it would have been different.

Mcgregor as Obi-Wan doesn't suffer from all this. He works as a way younger Obi-Wan and is part of a story everyone wanted to see : the Jedi order before the Empire.

Did Donald Glover suffer the same fate when portraying a younger Lando? I'm just wondering about that after you mentioned this.

Not at all, you're right. He shines in it.
  • SnakeMajin wrote: »
    It's more about giving the minimum Rogue One representation, hence through its main hero and vilain and a map, rather than their gameplay potential. Solo did not need new heroes. Its main cast is already here ! I would have taken an extra Maul skin though.

It's the only Disney film that is not divisive. That should mean something.

I actually wanted at least Qi'ra/Dryden Vos or Enfys Nest/Beckett or something. But we'll likely get something more if that Solo sequel series happen eventually.

Was Solo really that divisive? I just knew some fans who didn't like TLJ didn't see it but it eventually got more people to see it on Netflix, which is probably more than the number of people who went to the theaters.

I think Solo is a pretty decent film. Not extraordinary but enjoyable. It's only divisive because it tried to make money on a character that is only popular because of its actor. An actor change in a story not so far ANH in terms of timeline just couldn't pay off in these conditions.

It had good characters sure, but when you take a closer look it already has 3 heroes and 1 vilain in BF2. RO has none. I do count Maul because he's the one behind the events of Solo. If the seats are limited, the main cast is due.

Beckett/Enfys Nest are not more relevant than support characters like Baze, Chirrut, Cassian and I dare say Windu. Not less either, sure, except for Windu. Dryden is unlikely to work as an Empire hero and we already have his surprise superior. Qi'ra could make sense, but in that case Padmé and Jyn simply should prevail for being main cast of their own films as opposed to Qi'ra who sticks to a support role.

Well, either way, I would've welcomed Solo characters being in the game at some point. Was Alden not a good enough actor for Han like Ewan was for Obi-Wan? I felt he was good enough for to portray a younger version of Han but apparently people kept saying Harrison Ford can't be replaced. Another actor I would've taken from that Solo audition shortlist would've been Logan Lerman. But, I wouldn't be surprised to see a bearded Alden show up in the Mandalorian Season 2, eventually, if they still have things for him to do past the Last Shot novel.

I was fine with his acting.
    He's not lucky because Solo is not an amazing character in the 1st place, with not the most amazing story to tell. Han Solo really only had the Ford aura. Remove it and the character simply doesn't have much to offer.
    My biggest problem with the actor change though is that the Solo film is set too close from ANH. If Solo happened a dozen years earlier it would have been different.

Mcgregor as Obi-Wan doesn't suffer from all this. He works as a way younger Obi-Wan and is part of a story everyone wanted to see : the Jedi order before the Empire.

Did Donald Glover suffer the same fate when portraying a younger Lando? I'm just wondering about that after you mentioned this.

Not at all, you're right. He shines in it.

Thanks for giving me your thoughts on this because I wasn't really aware of the major issues people have with Solo. But outside of the major issues, people do seem to be more interested in more post-Solo stories and I do hope those storylines don't get abandoned but revived for Disney+.
  • vonVile
    354 posts Member
    edited September 10
    vonVile wrote: »
    Krennic was great in BF1 with his OHK blaster and his droid to hold down objective. Krennic would be a great balance to Leia's secondary fire. Also his Wrath Of The Empire ability would be the counter Yoda and Finn's health buffs.

Jyn was just as fun to play. Her Truncheon Surge is how Phasma's staff attacks should have been.

His gun took too long to reload though

Not if you knew how to use it effectively. If you're a good sniper Krennic was a major threat with it just like Leia. I remember many a game on the After Battle Of Endor map dominating as Krennic by getting on the platform in the village to look over the beacon and pretty much holding the area all by myself. Drop the droid where the beacon was and snipe the enemy getting OHKs from all directions. Then a bunch of babies complained to DICE and they nerfed him.
  • bfloo
    15817 posts Member
    Krennic was great in BF1 with his OHK blaster and his droid to hold down objective. Krennic would be a great balance to Leia's secondary fire. Also his Wrath Of The Empire ability would be the counter Yoda and Finn's health buffs.

Jyn was just as fun to play. Her Truncheon Surge is how Phasma's staff attacks should have been.

Not if you knew how to use it effectively. If you're a good sniper Krennic is a major threat with it just like Leia. I remember many a game on the After Battle Of Endor map dominating as Krennic by getting on the platform in the village to look over the beacon and pretty much holding the area all by myself. Drop the droid where the beacon was and snipe the enemy getting OHKs from all directions. Then a bunch of babies complained to DICE and they nerfed him.

Krennic's aim bot was silly when he was 1st released, all you had to do was aim in the general direction.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• vonVile wrote: »

Not if you knew how to use it effectively. If you're a good sniper Krennic is a major threat with it just like Leia. I remember many a game on the After Battle Of Endor map dominating as Krennic by getting on the platform in the village to look over the beacon and pretty much holding the area all by myself. Drop the droid where the beacon was and snipe the enemy getting OHKs from all directions. Then a bunch of babies complained to DICE and they nerfed him.

Yeah sorry but a pistol ain't a sniper, especially one that can't overheat, and heroes were terrible in the previous game. If he comes back that gun needs to reload quicker at the cost of damage.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • vonVile
    354 posts Member
    edited September 10
    bfloo wrote: »

Krennic's aim bot was silly when he was 1st released, all you had to do was aim in the general direction.

I was still destroying players with Krennic after that nerf. It was just knowing were the enemy was going to be a few seconds before you shot. When they made it so Krennic couldn't OHK players, who got a health buff, is when he fell apart.

I was still destroying players with Krennic after that nerf. It was just knowing were the enemy was going to be a few seconds before you shot. When they made it so Krennic couldn't OHK players, who got a health buff, is when he fell apart.

Not being able to OHK player WITH a hp buff is your definition of "falling apart"? Wow
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • I don’t see why people want Rebels content at all.

Couldn't agree more.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."

Grand admiral thrawn is one of the best written characters in star wars. Kanan is a very well written character with more development than most movie characters i.e mace. Can also include Saw Guerra & Sabine would be an amazing counter to boba

You don't need to portray a character over an animated series for it to have "better character devemopment" than movie characters. If a character is good they're gonna be good. Sorry, but movie characters and even Clone Wars series characters are far more essenial and important than Rebels series characters.

He asked why people wanted rebels content didn't he?
  • Because OT blaster heroes would be a nice change of pace
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • ross42899 wrote: »
    RO is one of the best SW movies and it's heavily lacking content in BF2. It's just so underrepresented right now.
    Jyn & Krennic are basically the main hero & villain of the movie, so they should be added so we have the main characters of that movie in the game. Plus they were in the last game already and IMO all heroes from Bf2015 should be in Bf2 as well. Also the Dark side needs a support hero and Krennic would be a great candidate to fill that role.

Couldn't agree more. They're the perfect fit.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Everyone has their own tastes, their own likes and dislikes.

The key thing to remember is that just because someone wants something you don't see the value in, doesn't mean it's any less important.

So are we going to see Rogue One content? Obviously, there are haters just like with everything, but a large representative sample of the population has been asking for Rogue One content for quite some time. Most agree that the Rogue One DLC in BF1 was a major highlight of that game.
  • Cuz they're cool.
    qrc479vdwjra.png
    76kabcs959rc.png

giphy.gif
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • I am still not sure why they don't just port over all the heroes and villains from the last game.
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    This is what happens when one era gets too long with post launch content. A slight hint to a shift of era and the clone wars crowd start complaining and acting like anything other than their cartoons is worthless

Nah, I just want the entire canon to be represented in the game. If you're getting the PT films as content, I'm getting TCW in addition to it. If you're getting Rogue One, I'm getting Rebels. OT films for you, Marvel Comics and the Mandalorian for me. ST films for you, Poe comics, Resistance, and Galaxy's Edge for me.

We shouldn't be putting the minimum content necessary for the game but try to bring as much content from every medium and every era into this game if this is going to be the definitive Battlefront game ever for the canon, surpassing what Battlefront 2015 would've been able to do with content.
  • I am still not sure why they don't just port over all the heroes and villains from the last game.
    Because it’s not anywhere near that simple
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    They're not very great, why weren't heroes added from the han solo movie, we just got a new map and skins really, so how about they just do the same thing with rouge one content, maybe add in new reinforcements from rouge one, there's better heroes to add in my opinion.

There is already reinforcements from Roge One, thats the Death Troopers and they are waiting for their leader Krennic.
    Jyn Erso is also a great character in the movie and was pretty important for the Rebellion too, because of her they got the plans of the Death Star. While she was fighting on Scarif Leia was just sitting in her space ship (Leia is still amazing)
    All the other inquisitors wanted to claim the rank of the grand inquisitor by hunting down and trying to kill his slayers, but they all failed, even though the grand inquisitor wasn't dead he was just in hiding after kanan thought he died.
    No to krennic & no to jyn. Grand admiral thrawn & hera syndula. Would be super easy to add the latter since her weapon & twileks are already in the game
    I don’t even know who the hell those characters are! I bet half the community doesn’t either. We shouldn’t have random comic book or cartoon characters take priority over popular movie characters.

PSN: this_old_mouse
    This is what happens when one era gets too long with post launch content. A slight hint to a shift of era and the clone wars crowd start complaining and acting like anything other than their cartoons is worthless

How many would be banned and jailed if this thread was about CW instead of RO? 🤔
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13

Grand admiral thrawn is one of the best written characters in star wars. Kanan is a very well written character with more development than most movie characters i.e mace. Can also include Saw Guerra & Sabine would be an amazing counter to boba

Yeah Thrawn is a very good Character.... in the books which aren't canon any more so no thanks. Book Thrawn would have group r**** the ghost-crew LoL.
    Are you really comparing a tv series' main character to a side character? wow...
    Saw Guerrra I like, but light side doesn't need an another Marry Sue like Sabine...
    All the other inquisitors wanted to claim the rank of the grand inquisitor by hunting down and trying to kill his slayers, but they all failed, even though the grand inquisitor wasn't dead he was just in hiding after kanan thought he died.
    No to krennic & no to jyn. Grand admiral thrawn & hera syndula. Would be super easy to add the latter since her weapon & twileks are already in the game
    I don’t even know who the hell those characters are! I bet half the community doesn’t either. We shouldn’t have random comic book or cartoon characters take priority over popular movie characters.

I think whether which hero is priority to be in the game is not a serious issue to consider anymore due to future game content likely tying in with the release of Star Wars TV shows in both animation and live-action on Disney+ over the next few years.

Once TROS and Rogue One are covered, that's it for films until 2022 when the release of the first film in the Benioff and Weiss trilogy.

And you have to consider who gets the actual say in deciding which character makes it into the game: DICE, Lucasfilm and its Story Group, and Disney.

Rogue One season likely dropping with the release of the Cassian and K-2SO series.

Rebels season likely dropping with the release of the post-ROTJ Rebels sequel series.
  • lowell
    1581 posts Member
    edited September 10
    budzai wrote: »
    I don’t see why people want Rebels content at all.

Yeah Thrawn is a very good Character.... in the books which aren't canon any more so no thanks. Book Thrawn would have group r**** the ghost-crew LoL.
    Are you really comparing a tv series' main character to a side character? wow...
    Saw Guerrra I like, but light side doesn't need an another Marry Sue like Sabine...

Saw Gerrera was originally an animated character and transition to live-action. And the animated haters stay silent when we ever we brought that or Maul's return to live-action in Solo up. Is there a conspiracy?

You also realize Thrawn has a new trilogy of novels, right?

Thrawn (set pre-Rebels Season 3 and has a comic adaptation from Marvel)

197dcb40849369.58c13e46baad2.jpg

Thrawn: Alliances (set post-Season 3 but pre-Season 4 and first canon appearance of Batuu from Galaxy's Edge at the parks)

latest?cb=20180727202824

dtzvpukrra0u.jpg

Thrawn: Treason (set between Rebel Assault (mid-season 4) and the series finale and goes deeper into the Tarkin-Krennic rivalry in the Empire)

thrawn-treason-cover.jpg

5154797.jpg

The only reason Timothy Zahn can't go further beyond Rebels in his books is that his contract prevents him from doing any Thrawn stories past that timeline until TROS is released and he says that Dave Filoni actually has some ideas on where to take the story forward after you see what happened in the series finale (Zahn has no idea what actually happens next). I think the novels are setting something up to tie-in with issues Ezra and Thrawn will be facing during their time in the Unknown Regions.

• GGA.

the vast minority just wants a game for themselves.

When the failure of this game was a failure to be a nice large scale battle front shooter. A serious an for real top top notch battlefront game would have a pleased everyone much further than I need this hero with that hero.

And dices failure was not to make a clear decision and build a good game.

No wonder the game costs less than candy crush.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • tankertoad wrote: »
    GGA.

the vast minority just wants a game for themselves.

When the failure of this game was a failure to be a nice large scale battle front shooter. A serious an for real top top notch battlefront game would have a pleased everyone much further than I need this hero with that hero.

And dices failure was not to make a clear decision and build a good game.

No wonder the game costs less than candy crush.

After this game was announced, a lot of people in the Star Wars community have been expecting this current game will set the new standard for Battlefront games in the future that it will not only have film content, but content based on all mediums all over the canon.

Some players, however, have an agenda to knock that wish out of the realm of possibility because they've been used to movie-based content as the standard set by Battlefront 2015.

There's more to Star Wars than just the films. George Lucas clearly saw this and that's why he set out to make TCW to bridge the gap between AOTC and ROTS. This is not taking consideration of the EU in any way because George always had veto power to retcon anything he doesn't agree with.

Post-Disney sale, Lucasfilm and Kathleen Kennedy decided in going forward to make sure future Star Wars storytelling was consistent as possible, it was necessary to build a new canon structure that makes sure the films, the shows, the comics, the novels, etc. doesn't break continuity in the stories each medium are specifically telling and the Story Group was set up to guide the storytellers through avoiding any continuity problems and to police any of them if something happened.

Considering some of the developers at DICE are fans of other non-film Star Wars content, I hope the movie-only fans here don't force them to keep that restraint on their shoulders once TROS and Rogue One content have been made. They have untapped potential to be able to introduce the player base to new areas of Star Wars canon beyond the films.
    And we should support them as much as possible to give us the same quality of content they've been giving us since launch or even a higher level of quality than that!
  • We shall remain hopeful a Rogue one season is on the horizon. However with EA there is no horizon.
  • Those two heroes at the top of my list but not because I loved those characters or because I loved RO. Far from it. I think RO was good, that’s it (That Vader sequence and the final 2 minutes left me on tears though). They are at the top because:

1. They are blaster heroes.
    2. They are from OT era but more importantly, they are part of a movie that Battlefront 2 has yet to add content from.

My interest is for this game to have the broadest possible experience in terms of canon.
  • Yes i suppose they're needed and they should come before and other heroes, but i still want other canon heroes from rebels like ezra, the grand inquisitor thrawn would be so cool to play as.

Ain't that the truth! Hey, I gave them a shot and I liked all the CW series and Rebels; (the latter end of season 2 was fantastic). However, I'm still a movie purist and just want to see movie characters. This is clearly a generational rut that the game is now mired in. I know one could argue "why does anyone want all this OT stuff when that was all BF1 was about??" Sorry, but warts and all, BF2 is an upgrade and updated, and RO is now the underrepresented movie.
  • You do know they added in stuff from the CW show right. Stuff like that were introduced in the CW show not in the movies like: Arc troopers, commando droids, B2-RP droid, the TX-130 and anakins & obi-wans general skins those are all from the CW show, so there is a lot of things from shows that have a lot more information regarding before and after the movies, not so much the clone wars show cause its kinda repetitive more like the rebels show, for example how the rebels on yavin 4 got started that's a pretty big deal. I just want more OT content like rouge one updates and the rebels show updates, thrawn was thankfully reintroduced from legends to canon all thanks to the rebels show so i'm opened to all content updates the clone wars, rouge one, the rebels show, all new movie updates like the solo movie we got content for the solo movie so we can't shun out everything else that's not movie related, cause shows are where we get a lot of content from for every era such as reinforcements, appearances and heroes, and keep in mind we have someone in the game that has never been in any movie or show.... Iden versio. Heroes from shows should be more accepted rather than heroes from video games, so the devs are not just focusing on movies but shows also, i still love movie updates but there is also other shows like the incoming mandalorian show so there will probably an update for that show, i've already changed my mind about Jyn and Krennic being heroes in the game, i just didn't know why people wanted them cause they're both kinda lame, i just didn't know that they were in BF 1.

Ain't that the truth! Hey, I gave them a shot and I liked all the CW series and Rebels; (the latter end of season 2 was fantastic). However, I'm still a movie purist and just want to see movie characters. This is clearly a generational rut that the game is now mired in. I know one could argue "why does anyone want all this OT stuff when that was all BF1 was about??" Sorry, but warts and all, BF2 is an upgrade and updated, and RO is now the underrepresented movie.

If this game doesn't have an expected end, then we should be pushing for the game to have as much of everything from the canon. The next film isn't coming until 2022 so we have a lot of time to bring more non-film content towards the game, especially when Disney+ is going to play a long-term role in Star Wars TV for both animation and live-action.

I'm not a movie purist, I'm a canon purist. If DICE fills out the movies, everything else in the canon is up for consideration. And considering we only have TROS and Rogue One left, that timeframe is getting closer and closer.
  • lowell wrote: »

Saw Gerrera was originally an animated character and transition to live-action. And the animated haters stay silent when we ever we brought that or Maul's return to live-action in Solo up. Is there a conspiracy?

Thrawn: Alliances (set post-Season 3 but pre-Season 4 and first canon appearance of Batuu from Galaxy's Edge at the parks)

latest?cb=20180727202824

dtzvpukrra0u.jpg

Thrawn: Treason (set between Rebel Assault (mid-season 4) and the series finale and goes deeper into the Tarkin-Krennic rivalry in the Empire)

thrawn-treason-cover.jpg

5154797.jpg

The only reason Timothy Zahn can't go further beyond Rebels in his books is that his contract prevents him from doing any Thrawn stories past that timeline until TROS is released and he says that Dave Filoni actually has some ideas on where to take the story forward after you see what happened in the series finale (Zahn has no idea what actually happens next). I think the novels are setting something up to tie-in with issues Ezra and Thrawn will be facing during their time in the Unknown Regions.

Saw Gerra was an animated character first... SO WHAT? Where did I wrote that I hate the animated SW? I total indifferent towards most of it. I hate the stupid things in them like Anakin having an apprentice, the world between worlds etc.

No I didn't know Thrawn has a new book trilogy and I don't care. Rebels has already ruined him.
  • SnakeMajin
    455 posts Member
    edited September 11
    I feel the game must and should pick from the shows. There are plenty of stuff to take a nice inspiration from. But it shouldn't be the priority over films for an obvious reason, far fewer people watch them. At least unless the films don't have enough material like Republic bombers or tanks.

I'd rather have a lot of people buy the game because an obvious map/hero from the films is added and afterwards see the game expand on EU than play a EU-packed game with few people that as a result doesn't have enough funds to fill the movie gaps !
  • lowell
    1581 posts Member
    edited September 11

latest?cb=20180727202824

dtzvpukrra0u.jpg

thrawn-treason-cover.jpg

5154797.jpg

Saw Gerra was an animated character first... SO WHAT? Where did I wrote that I hate the animated SW? I total indifferent towards most of it. I hate the stupid things in them like Anakin having an apprentice, the world between worlds etc.

No I didn't know Thrawn has a new book trilogy and I don't care. Rebels has already ruined him.

Not you, but I'm just pointing it out that has happened when they unleashed their attacks on the shows. We talk about Saw Gerrera and Maul and they go silent, jumping to other places.

A lot of the things like Ahsoka being Anakin's apprentice, Moraband being the new name of Korriban, the Mortis arc, etc. was all George's decisions because he was running the ship on TCW, specifically funding the production and hiring Dave Filoni and the writers and getting CGCG on board to do the final animation (has 43% stake in that studio apparently, don't know if Disney got it in the sale).

Now, with Rebels, things like the Bendu, World Between Worlds and its relation to the Mortis gods, was Filoni pulling both from George's mentorship and thoughts about the Force and what George did with the original treatments for the films and mixing them into new concepts of the Force that Lucasfilm wants to explore.

Some of the stuff on TLJ had ties to TCW also if you could see it. The Father, The Son, & The Daughter=Luke, Kylo, and Rey in a way.

I think if you do feel Rebels has given a bad take of Thrawn, perhaps the novels will improve it. Some people have read the novels and said Zahn isn't giving Thrawn justice but Rebels is doing just that so everyone has different viewpoints.

The way that Lucasfilm is sticking to building on what George has done in the films and TCW is a signal of why they're not going to release the original theatrical versions of the OT films on Blu-Ray. While he probably has a clause on the sale contracts preventing Disney from doing just that, Lucasfilm probably respects him too much that they'll never retcon anything he's done.

Basically, George's creations towards the sale of Lucasfilm to Disney, whether anyone likes it or not, will still be upheld as the core building blocks of the canon by the Story Group.

Hence, that's why Filoni is enthusiastic about bringing Ahsoka towards live-action eventually:

Post edited by lowell on
  • SnakeMajin wrote: »
    I feel the game must and should pick from the shows. There are plenty of stuff to take a nice inspiration from. But it shouldn't be the priority over films for an obvious reason, far fewer people watch them. At least unless the films don't have enough material like Republic bombers or tanks.

I'd rather have a lot of people buy the game because an obvious map/hero from the films is added and afterwards see the game expand on EU than play a EU-packed game with few people that as a result doesn't have enough funds to fill the movie gaps !

I mean, we're getting closer to getting all the movies covered in the game with TROS and Rogue One missing it. Once those two are covered, I'm expecting DICE to go full steam ahead on exploring other mediums from the canon for content.

Star Wars #75 from Marvel is apparently ending the 3-year gap between ANH and ESB by the end of this year (don't know how long the Doctor Aphra comic will go on for):

latest?cb=20190822202052

Would like to see more things from the comics brought into the game. Battlefront 2015 did bring in one element from the comic: the EE-4, Sana Starros' blaster.
  • tankertoad
    6362 posts Member
    edited September 12
    The naivety. is just amazing
    Post edited by tankertoad on

• budzai wrote: »

latest?cb=20180727202824

dtzvpukrra0u.jpg

thrawn-treason-cover.jpg

5154797.jpg

Rebels didn't ruin thrawn, it brought him back and whats wrong with anakin having an apprentice. The star war rebels episode a world between worlds connected everything from shows to movies, like rey's and kylo's voices in the back round, it was one of the best episodes, and we don't know everything about the various Jedi temples and whats in them all over the galaxy, like the gods of mortis we don't know everything about them either.
  • Yes Yes Yes. I get it now Jyn & Krennic are needed before anyone else, i didn't know that they were in the first BF i just wandered why people wanted them so much until i found out that they were in BF 1. I still want rebels content sometime though, but rouge one comes first, there are people that don't want things from the shows but i hate to break it to you there are things that are already in the game that are from the shows, like the commando droids and arc troopers they didn't exist until the clone wars show came, and yet they're in the game, its because there is not that many reinforcements and vehicles to add that are from the movies, so the Devs kinda had to add in things from the shows.

latest?cb=20180727202824

dtzvpukrra0u.jpg

thrawn-treason-cover.jpg

5154797.jpg

Rebels didn't ruin thrawn, it brought him back and whats wrong with anakin having an apprentice. The star war rebels episode a world between worlds connected everything from shows to movies, like rey's and kylo's voices in the back round, it was one of the best episodes, and we don't know everything about the various Jedi temples and whats in them all over the galaxy, like the gods of mortis we don't know everything about them either.

I dunno why people don't like Disney Thrawn. He seems similar enough to EU Thrawn that I enjoyed him.

A lot of people here really don't like Ahsoka. Why?
    giphy.gif
    I think she's a great character and I think the only reason people don't like her is because she's in an animated show, which for some people automatically makes things childish.
    I for one...
    giphy.gif
    remain completely unconvinced by their arguments that The Clone Wars is a kiddie cartoon.
    Rubbish.

I also don't get why some people don't like Mortis. I love the lore and mythology it adds to Star Wars!
    68oje4op05zx.png

Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png

latest?cb=20180727202824

dtzvpukrra0u.jpg

thrawn-treason-cover.jpg

5154797.jpg

I dunno why people don't like Disney Thrawn. He seems similar enough to EU Thrawn that I enjoyed him.

A lot of people here really don't like Ahsoka. Why?
    giphy.gif
    I think she's a great character and I think the only reason people don't like her is because she's in an animated show, which for some people automatically makes things childish.
    I for one...
    giphy.gif
    remain completely unconvinced by their arguments that The Clone Wars is a kiddie cartoon.
    Rubbish.

I also don't get why some people don't like Mortis. I love the lore and mythology it adds to Star Wars!
    68oje4op05zx.png

Yes! Star wars lore is most important i loved how they added rey's & kylo's voices in the back round to the world between worlds episode, and also Jyn's voice too (The time to fight is now!!) it really adds up to the movies, to bad the temple portal couldn't have showed us what would happen to kylo & rey, of coarse that would never have happened cause that would've been a huge spoiler and plus ezra didn't know about rey or kylo.
  • Jyn & Krennic would make great heroes. Also, Krennic could be the support hero for the Dark Side, since the Dark Side does need support heroes & reinforcements. Also, Rogue One has a lot of potential for content from OG Trilogy.

Not being able to OHK player WITH a hp buff is your definition of "falling apart"? Wow

Yes, because you were forced to switch to Krennic's other gun mode, which wasn't as good even with you getting 6 shots, at close range. His reload animation was way too slow with him having to insert each round into his blaster.
  • It was dope though.