criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Is it true that we can progress our playable characters in Co-Op & Instant Action?

Prev1
Apparently it was rumoured that we'll be able to level-up everything playable in Co-Op and Instant Action when it releases. Is this true / any confirmation?

I'm not opposed to it, and it'd be a great way to level-up newly released heroes.

Would be handy if we could do the same for hero starfighters.
"DEW IT."
p1jlhhgtai3b.png
"I am the Senate."

Replies

• I hope so. Thatd be awesome
  • Hmm like Titanfall 2.
    What does DX in my name stand for?

Just hope the AI are a worthy challenge.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • I’d take it.
    Open your eyes...
    ekn97qol2xso.gif

They look like they play better than the player base

The AI in CS already do sadly
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."

CS AI is god awful. Hopefully they improved it for PvE

They're free kills which is nice
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."

They're free kills which is nice

😂Troof!
  • Darth_Vapor3
    4386 posts Member
    edited September 10
    I’m guessing no. You could just turn the AI skill to the lowest and just easily rank up. During double XP events you could basically get all purple cards in a day.
  • I’m guessing no. You could just turn the AI skill to the lowest and just easily rank up. During double XP events you could basically get all purple cards in a day.

Would that honestly matter, though
    Yes
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • I’m guessing no. You could just turn the AI skill to the lowest and just easily rank up. During double XP events you could basically get all purple cards in a day.

Easy= x 0,5 XP
    Normal= x 0,75 XP
    Extreme= x 1 XP
    „Ultimate“= x 1,25 or 1,5 XP

Problem solved;)
    Don’t be too proud of this technological terror you’ve constructed.
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force.

f0n7hn9hl0zy.jpg

Would that honestly matter, though?

One of the complaints I see a lot from new players is how annoying it is to level up their cards. This would mitigate that.

Giving new players an environment to learn the game and increase their card levels doesn’t seem all that bad, at least to me.
    I’m guessing no. You could just turn the AI skill to the lowest and just easily rank up. During double XP events you could basically get all purple cards in a day.

Easy= x 0,5 XP
    Normal= x 0,75 XP
    Extreme= x 1 XP

Problem solved;)

One of the complaints I see a lot from new players is how annoying it is to level up their cards. This would mitigate that.

Giving new players an environment to learn the game and increase their card levels doesn’t seem all that bad, at least to me.

This. New players can have fun leveling up instead of being beat by level 400 Boba's & vaders

I guess. Maybe to a point. But at some point players need to rank up in a competitive environment against other players.

Otherwise, there’s just no reason for a ranking system at all, and everyone should just have access to all purple cards to begin with.

This. New players can have fun leveling up instead of being beat by level 400 Boba's & vaders

Levels don't matter after prestiging; could be a level 900 Boba and it wouldn't matter
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."

Easy= x 0,5 XP
    Normal= x 0,75 XP
    Extreme= x 1 XP

Problem solved;)

That's actually quite good
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • DarthLando wrote: »

Would that honestly matter, though
    Yes

Okay, but why?

The leveling is annoying and tedious, especially for new players. I can’t see this becoming an issue in any way.

Giving these players the opportunity to start MP with the same level cards seems healthy to me.

Could even limit the level cap to 30/40/70, if need be, to prevent players from getting to MAX by just farming bots. Not that it matters, anyways, but it’s an option.

• Imladithil2002
    295 posts Member
    edited September 10

Easy= x 0,5 XP
    Normal= x 0,75 XP
    Extreme= x 1 XP

Problem solved;)

I guess. Maybe to a point. But at some point players need to rank up in a competitive environment against other players.

Otherwise, there’s just no reason for a ranking system at all, and everyone should just have access to all purple cards to begin with.

Perhaps, they should be able to level up to the old level cap (70/40/30). If even that is too far, then perhaps until they would be able to unlock every star card (the level you need to unlock the bottom right star card; i think it's 30 for troopers and 20 for everything else, i may be wrong). And then using a system similar to that one of @TheGamingDave.

Easy= x 0,5 XP
    Normal= x 0,75 XP
    Extreme= x 1 XP

Problem solved;)

Perhaps, they should be able to level up to the old level cap (70/40/30). If even that is too far, then perhaps until they would be able to unlock every star card (the level you need to unlock the bottom right star card; i think it's 30 for troopers and 20 for everything else, i may be wrong). And then using a system similar to that one of @TheGamingDave.

Yeah. Something like that.

Levels don't matter after prestiging; could be a level 900 Boba and it wouldn't matter

True but from what I seen on Reddit it does matter to them. They're always complaining about how they're a level 10 luke going up against a level 657 boba & can't do level up like that cause of sweats. Seen similar post multiple times on there

True but from what I seen on Reddit it does matter to them. They're always complaining about how they're a level 10 luke going up against a level 657 boba & can't do level up like that cause of sweats. Seen similar post multiple times on there

I love the term 'sweats'. Maybe being able to level up in these modes will "help" them.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."

Easy= x 0,5 XP
    Normal= x 0,75 XP
    Extreme= x 1 XP

Problem solved;)

Hmmm... you will get better cards and better skill when playing with real people.
    Cards hardly matter for most characters.
    When I got the game I played like 70 arcade matches. I was like: ok! Let’s go! Let’s wreck some n00*****! And oh man I was completely wrong. I would be the only n00b that would get wrecked for a long time.

Do not consider those numbers on a screen when you simply try to do your best to win in a video game. Focus instead on your own strategies and tactics.
  • I don't see how allowing leveling up in co-op modes would harm anything at all.

Make it half-progression, or don't allow star card progression. I dunno.

It's not like that level 500 guy who only plays co-op is going to hop in CS and dominate, and if he does, then what's the big deal?
  • Darth_Vapor3
    4386 posts Member
    edited September 10
    AzorAhai wrote: »
    I don't see how allowing leveling up in co-op modes would harm anything at all.

Make it half-progression, or don't allow star card progression. I dunno.

It's not like that level 500 guy who only plays co-op is going to hop in CS and dominate, and if he does, then what's the big deal?

Interesting point. Hmm... 🧐
  • Why not. I'd take it.

After all, why the need to care if a player leveled against AI ? Does that affect other's game ? Does that prevent people from breathing ?
  • I wanted this from the beginning. If it is implemented, with fair competitive online compromises, I will be a lot happier.

Online only progression kills my enjoyment with unbalanced mechnics, horrible matchmaking, and all of the bugs and glitches...
    Otherwise, it feels like we all HAVE to be sweaty or don't play the game.

Personally if I'm not negetively impacting your experience, what is wrong?
  • I’d think most would welcome this. There’s a good chunk of people only playing HvV because they’re forced to for the XP. Unless they’re worried no one would play that mode anymore, I guess.
    Leveling up should be restricted to online-only

Yup. What a cop out if levelling is allowed in offline modes. Participation ribbons all around!
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • I’m wondering if this instant action is the beginning of the end for this game. Like it’s something to leave us so that we can still play after they stop keeping the servers on.
  • Why would this be a big deal? Sounds fine, people who level up against bots deserve it the same. Maybe only allow leveling up against “hard” bots. People who mostly play offline might like it and would be less likely to go online anyways.

If they leveled up only playing bots and went to play online they just wouldnt be as familiar with the random chaotic play against other people probably handicap themselves but nobody else. Its not a safe space just an alternate form to play like videogames used to be.
  • The absolute smartest move they make would be to let people unlock weapons and level up star cards in PVE modes.

Everything in this game encourages exploiting the way it was designed. People use aimbots not to be in the top 5 but to quickly earn credits, level star cards, and unlock weapons. Moving that to a PVE mode negates the need to cheat besides your ego wanting to be seen in the top 5.

Remove the top 5 and move everything to that requires leveling/unlocking to pve and pvp and you have a more accessible easier to play game.
  • I hope this isn’t true. There’s a part of me that misses the early days, when having a single purple card meant you’d paid a serious price. It’s already too easy for newer players to level up with all the double and triple XP, and pointless levels beyond what was once max don’t cut it for compensating veterans for their loyalty.
  • aimbots = PC

And no decision should be based on PC
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • Skulgor wrote: »
    I’m wondering if this instant action is the beginning of the end for this game. Like it’s something to leave us so that we can still play after they stop keeping the servers on.

Gonna be a very long time before the servers are turned off, and BFII is getting more support in 2020 so don't start worrying just yet
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
    Leveling up should be restricted to online-only

Yup. What a cop out if levelling is allowed in offline modes. Participation ribbons all around!

They handed out participation ribbons the moment all heroes got the sad passive HoK ability for some reason
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • It would be great leveling up heroes in an offline game mode! I find it so hard to do that sometimes in GA and CS, especially when there is a level 200 anakin after you.
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    It would be great leveling up heroes in an offline game mode! I find it so hard to do that sometimes in GA and CS, especially when there is a level 200 anakin after you.

A prestiged level 41 Anakin is no different than a level 841 Anakin... May the Force be with you.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    It would be great leveling up heroes in an offline game mode! I find it so hard to do that sometimes in GA and CS, especially when there is a level 200 anakin after you.

A prestiged level 41 Anakin is no different than a level 841 Anakin... May the Force be with you.

Exactly anakin is to good and annoying either way.
  • PorchWar wrote: »
    I’d think most would welcome this. There’s a good chunk of people only playing HvV because they’re forced to for the XP. Unless they’re worried no one would play that mode anymore, I guess.

People will always play HvV
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • PorchWar wrote: »
    I’d think most would welcome this. There’s a good chunk of people only playing HvV because they’re forced to for the XP. Unless they’re worried no one would play that mode anymore, I guess.

People will always play HvV
    The people that WANT to will play it. Not the people that HAVE to. Wouldn’t that make for better matches for the people who enjoy HvV? If you eliminate the players who could care less and pick toons that don’t help a squad because they want to level up their lvl 6 Leia, wouldn’t that solve a lot of the complaints people have about the mode?
  • I think it’s a great idea and one of my biggest hopes for the new modes m. Would be a real help to new players.
  • hosco33 wrote: »
    I hope so. Thatd be awesome

You enjoy stating these kind of things but you don't realize the system is not working your oponents until they're dead because you are just not smart enough (or honest, but I'll take the former).

Even in long distance I have shot thrice a player and she/he doesn't move so it gives me time to kill her/him. On her side, I bet she received the feedback of the shots at one single moment, she rolled but too late, the system already computed the kill.

Your lack of humility and intelligence does not allow online games to be improved.

I got a good laugh out of this
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Aren’t all cards unlocked to full purple in offline arcade already?

I am not really for or against this, don’t really care if they can or can’t level up offline, just pointing out that cards are already maxed out offline regardless of your online progress.
  • It better be true
    I'm the sarlacc that ate Boba Fett. I wish I hadn't because he was a favorite by many fans and an underdeveloped character.

Join the ongoing demand for Private Matches/Servers below!

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/130482/private-servers#latest
  • Kringer
    27 posts Member
    edited September 11
    I think it would be pretty good due to the fact that any time there is a new hero everyone jumps on it and you barely have a chance to get to use them. This gives people a chance to level up the cards without the frustration of who loads in first to be able to get to the hero. Then even when people have the cards maxed out they still choose that hero for two reason one to spite other players from being able to get to use that hero or two because they have overpowerness and people like to exploit that and think they are good. So I am ok with it being able to be done through that, people complain that it should be this way even if they have the character leveled up if they are bad it will still show it doesn’t hurt anyone for them to be able to do that. As we all know we all can level up through competitive even not being the best player it’s just a pain to get a hold of a new hero when they come out