criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

If Luke's new skin was only bright spot in for you this month, it's "Hello Darkness, my old friend"

Apparently the Luke skin event this month was just a typo. Move along, nothing to see here. Come back in October.

I was ready for the lightsaber revert to be their excuse for pushing it back, because I just had a feeling, but I didn't expect this.

I wish they could've "patched" or "reverted" that Luke announcement sooner, instead of letting us open the community calendar like it's Christmas morning, only to find a lump of coal.
ZI7BNkU.gif
^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
(Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.

Replies

• Where did you hear this???
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    Where did you hear this???

In the September cc post. It’s not even part of the post it’s just an offhand comment from one of the Dev people :#
  • This is shaping up to be a really good month. Just because it doesn’t have OT content, doesn’t mean it’s bad. This is the first big thing offline is getting. If you don’t care you don’t have to make a post about saying “I won’t play until the Luke Skin comes”. Honestly, you’re missing out. There’s a lot of really good events this month.
  • This is sad endeed. That Luke skin would have been nice to have. Well, I hope they will be so nice to us and gift us with an opportunity to get also Leia's Princess skin again on that event when it eventually arrives.
  • Learn to expect nothing, it always has helped me
  • They said it's coming in this update but the actual event won't be released until around two weeks after so we'll probably see the skin locked in the menu for a couple of weeks.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Ppong_Man12
    2730 posts Member
    edited September 11
    The boots on the ground make this the best month this game has had to date imo.
  • The boots on the ground make this the best month this game has had to date imo.

One of the best things ever to come to the game, and it's in both large modes.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • tankertoad
    6362 posts Member
    edited September 12
    With boots on the ground and long wanted_awaited off line stuff, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Its just a skin.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • Billkwando
    1976 posts Member
    edited September 12
    This is shaping up to be a really good month. Just because it doesn’t have OT content, doesn’t mean it’s bad. This is the first big thing offline is getting. If you don’t care you don’t have to make a post about saying “I won’t play until the Luke Skin comes”. Honestly, you’re missing out. There’s a lot of really good events this month.

The events don't interest me, but I never said I wouldn't play. I play just about every day, at least for a few rounds of HvV, if not more when I have the time. By "here" I meant "the forum", and by "you" I meant "people who aren't me", as in folks who maybe only show up once a month to read the announcements, and who may have otherwise also been happy about having a new Luke skin after nearly 2 years..

mastery0ta wrote: »
    Learn to expect nothing, it always has helped me

Right. You'd think I would have learned by now, but that's what happens when you have just enough faith in them to think, "It's just releasing a new skin...how could they possibly mess that up??". Meanwhile DICE is channeling Luke like, "You'll find me full of surprises".

Yes indeed.

ZI7BNkU.gif

• tankertoad wrote: »
    With boots on the ground and long wanted_awaited off line stuff, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Its just a skin.

It's the skin.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Billkwando
    1976 posts Member
    edited September 12
    tankertoad wrote: »

Its just a skin.

It's the skin.

This guy gets it. ;)

tankertoad wrote: »

Its just a skin.

I don't care the slightest for the trooper modes, as far as extended play. They're great, don't get me wrong, but after I've hucked a few grenades and rolled around a little bit, I've had my fun and I'm ready to move on.

My favorite mode when I came into this game was Starfighter Assault, and that's all I played, other than the aforementioned bits of trooper play (which also means I suck too bad to really experience playing as a hero in the large modes, which I hope to remedy eventually) and after the fun of SA died by slow asphyxiation after being left stagnant and neglected for content (I prolly wouldn't come back now anyway, with Ace Combat 7 around) I discovered HvV and fell in love with that.

I love fighting games, and it kinda feels like one (albeit a very simplified one) so that's how it continues to appeal, because in a way, it has what you bring to it (barring being thwarted by bugs and bad patches, like when Maul used to throw people backwards).....which is also why I probably won't be playing a whole whole lot during the hero event, though I do wreck with Iden.....so that's nice at least.

Edit: I AM happy for you trooper guys, and I know you guys have been waiting for something like this for a long time. ....kinda like me and my Luke skin, as silly as that may sound.
    ZI7BNkU.gif

• I have no problem with you wanting your skin. But more than even trooper only. offline stuff has been in demand since before the game was released. That's a pretty big deal.

The problem is how they said they were gonna have a Luke skin and then said Oh my bad I misspoke.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • I'm about to lose it
    I'm the sarlacc that ate Boba Fett. I wish I hadn't because he was a favorite by many fans and an underdeveloped character.

Join the ongoing demand for Private Matches/Servers below!

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/130482/private-servers#latest