criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Boots on the ground event started already?

2Next

Replies

• holstar1993
    1519 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    There's no way to know if you are top 5 in kills. Eliminations are not kills. In any case, here's your cookie.
  • There's no way to know if you are top 5 in kills. Eliminations are not kills. In any case, here's your cookie.

I don't why devs can't just use the good old Kills, Assists, Deaths layout...
  • Dexyn wrote: »
    You can see how many kills you have at the end of the game you know? Compare it to the others.

Eliminations on the scoreboard counts assists as well. So if officer that throws heaps and heaps of flash grenades and gets a lot of assists then they might get as many kills as someone else who is actually shooting the enemies to death.
  • There's no way to know if you are top 5 in kills. Eliminations are not kills. In any case, here's your cookie.

Yeah you can if you get 100 killstreak safe to say you're in the top 5
    You can see how many kills you have at the end of the game you know? Compare it to the others.

Eliminations on the scoreboard counts assists as well. So if officer that throws heaps and heaps of flash grenades and gets a lot of assists then they might get as many kills as someone else who is actually shooting the enemies to death.

This...
    Dexyn wrote: »
    Just played my first game of the day, the heroes were all available but neither me or my friend or the enemy team were able to spawn as one.
    Playing as a hero and mowing down other players is the most fun thing to do in this game but I guess someone decided that taking that part out of the game for the whole weekend and call it an "event" was a great idea so here we are.

Guess we're not playing this game till next week.

So you can't play without the hero handicap...
    Just played my first game of the day, the heroes were all available but neither me or my friend or the enemy team were able to spawn as one.
    Playing as a hero and mowing down other players is the most fun thing to do in this game but I guess someone decided that taking that part out of the game for the whole weekend and call it an "event" was a great idea so here we are.

You just described most of this playerbase.

Heroes aren't a handicap. They are what makes the game fun to play. Game is super barebones now.

The game and the players' skill is real now.

Like that matters in casual non competitive shooter.
    If your kills are in Top 5 in eliminations, you're in the Top 5 of kills. That said, kills don't matter unless helping team win.

Enjoying the team play. Enjoying being able to hold ground at objectives with a trooper.
    If your kills are in Top 5 in eliminations, you're in the Top 5 of kills. That said, kills don't matter unless helping team win.

Enjoying the team play. Enjoying being able to hold ground at objectives with a trooper.

I don't really understand where this theory of kills don't matter unless helping a team win comes from. The only way it would be effective at capping objectives is if you are off killing players that are nowhere near the obj and don't seem to be heading for it. Which would mean the best course of action would be to just leave them to continue doing what they are doing so they aren't then killed and respawn on a squad mate who is actually playing the objective. Seriously how often does that happen to the point where so many people are saying kills and objective capping aren't really correlated unless helping the team win? If someone is out getting kills and they are not on the objective but are rather thinning out enemy reinforcements that are coming from the spawn, then I think heaps of people somehow see that as not playing the objective. 1 or 2 effective spawn farmers can help massively when it comes to breaking through an objective. I mean those people killing off the enemy before they reach the objective can offer more to a cap than 8 of the people holding the objective if there are 10 there holding it. The majority should actually be at the spawns if that is an option. Yet a lot of the time they sit around the objective.
  • I hope matches more balanced.

1bfioawlu399.png
  • CypressHorn
    326 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    There's no way to know if you are top 5 in kills. Eliminations are not kills. In any case, here's your cookie.

I don't really understand where this theory of kills don't matter unless helping a team win comes from. The only way it would be effective at capping objectives is if you are off killing players that are nowhere near the obj and don't seem to be heading for it. Which would mean the best course of action would be to just leave them to continue doing what they are doing so they aren't then killed and respawn on a squad mate who is actually playing the objective. Seriously how often does that happen to the point where so many people are saying kills and objective capping aren't really correlated unless helping the team win? If someone is out getting kills and they are not on the objective but are rather thinning out enemy reinforcements that are coming from the spawn, then I think heaps of people somehow see that as not playing the objective. 1 or 2 effective spawn farmers can help massively when it comes to breaking through an objective. I mean those people killing off the enemy before they reach the objective can offer more to a cap than 8 of the people holding the objective if there are 10 there holding it. The majority should actually be at the spawns if that is an option. Yet a lot of the time they sit around the objective.

I was spawn killing in Kashyyyk yesterday on CS after taking objective D as a clone. Did not seem to help with ability to spawn on teammate and at capture points. GA seems similar, but not to same degree. Good players are spawning less. So if you are at enemy spawn, most likely you are just killing bad players that most of your team can kill while not killing the enemy players that can affect outcome of match.
  • NomiSunstrider
    3611 posts Member
    edited September 2019

Heroes aren't a handicap. They are what makes the game fun to play. Game is super barebones now.

Idk i i find it fun. Though its only good for an event.
    It would become stale and boring without heroes because as a shooter game there a are ALOT better ones.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

I was spawn killing in Kashyyyk yesterday on CS after taking objective D as a clone. Did not seem to help with ability to spawn on teammate and at capture points. GA seems similar, but not to same degree. Good players are spawning less. So if you are at enemy spawn, most likely you are just killing bad players that most of your team can kill while not killing the enemy players that can affect outcome of match.

Well I was talking about GA. I was also talking about a situation in which your team has already occupied the objective and are fighting it out with the other team. I've seen (like we've all seen) 4-6 guys running from the spawn to the objective. So at least one or 2 of them would be a good player. What would happen if there was no one there to take them out before they got to the obj? They would all spread out an become entrenched in the obj and become a bug hassle for the team to take out. Best to have people killing off these people and sending them all to the spawn timer and give your team the extra edge when fighting in the obj. Keep in mind I said it would be ideal for the majority of the team to be fighting near the enemy spawn, because obviously they would then be pushed back into their spawn and both good and bad players would be forced to spawn on their actual spawning sight or on a team mate who is right next to it.

My point still stands that it is good to have people spawn farming the enemy when the rest of the team is capping an obj. Also when you say good players don't spawn much, then when it comes to an obj that is an intense firefight, they also don't get out of combat much. So this means their squad is coming from the spawn. So when they do eventually die, there is a good chance they will come from the spawn, or that direction also. Therefore the spawn killers are killing both good and bad players.

If a lot of the enemy are being killed near their spawn, then chances are almost all of their team will eventually end up back there as well. I'm sure you've seen it happen in naboo throne room or any phase on crait. When a team pushes up to the spawn, it doesn't always just occur the same way. It's not always clearing the objective first and then moving to the spawn. It's sometimes cutting off their team coming to help and then everyone behind clean ups the spawn, or go back and help do it while others farm the spawn.

It would become stale and boring without heroes because as a shooter game there a are ALOT better ones.

Wouldn't be so stale if they added new weapons.
  • NomiSunstrider
    3611 posts Member
    edited September 2019

Wouldn't be so stale if they added new weapons.

Thats one of the problems.
    Another problem is Aerial and Enforcer spam. They should have increased bp costs for them.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

You got some LOLs there... and for a good reason. Go play HvV. 3 days without heroes ruining matches is the best thing that happened to this game.
  • Alwe15 wrote: »

Yes cause I just saw a,player farm bots in capital supremacy 😐 real skill

Why are you referring to yourself in third person?

Lol you try so hard man it's funny. This event is nice & all but quit acting like casual supremacy takes skill. Dude was farming bots before I joined & had 70 eliminations & the game just started. Lol

I love how jealous you get. Anything else?

Jealous over what? The dude who had 70 eliminations? Nah I caught up with him after I stopped him from farming & came in 1st :/

Then you woke up.

ivcl2h92eadk.jpg
    638j9c2h6rzo.jpg

Casual mode :/ but it takes so much skill to play casual supremacy. The droidekas were bot farming & had a huge lead & still topped them.

Your scores / stats are so mediocre lol

Lol 🤣🤣🤣 whatever you say bro. Why do you try so hard to get a reaction lol.

Why do you?

Each discussion I dip in to there's frequently comments from you "Casual Supremacy" blah blah.

...and yet, you play it often enough to consider yourself knowledgeable in making that determination.

How about give it a rest? The difficulty rating of GA vs CS is purely skill based, team dependant and often, subjective.

Go back to preaching Ani as too weak or too OP. You were a tad more convincing then.

Yes I play all modes. Can't have an opinion on modes you don't play. Since capital has been out I've only played 13 games at best.

The difficulty rating is higher in GA than capital & that's a fact. Everyone including myself have inflated scores because they kill bots. A officer can not get over 100 eliminations in GA due to lack of bots & the games lasting longer. It's casual I play it because it's era locked & is more balanced due to 2 heroes per side & no choke points.

I don't think anakin is weak or op. Must be talking about the other anakin

I mean, sure, if you are directly relating killing bots vs killing players then bots are a lot easier.

Other than that, each CS or GA match difficultly is determined by the criteria mentioned earlier. It's not a clear cut "this mode is harder".
  • Alwe15 wrote: »
    Alwe15 wrote: »

Lol you try so hard man it's funny. This event is nice & all but quit acting like casual supremacy takes skill. Dude was farming bots before I joined & had 70 eliminations & the game just started. Lol

Jealous over what? The dude who had 70 eliminations? Nah I caught up with him after I stopped him from farming & came in 1st :/

Then you woke up.

ivcl2h92eadk.jpg
    638j9c2h6rzo.jpg

Casual mode :/ but it takes so much skill to play casual supremacy. The droidekas were bot farming & had a huge lead & still topped them.

Lol 🤣🤣🤣 whatever you say bro. Why do you try so hard to get a reaction lol.

Why do you?

Each discussion I dip in to there's frequently comments from you "Casual Supremacy" blah blah.

...and yet, you play it often enough to consider yourself knowledgeable in making that determination.

How about give it a rest? The difficulty rating of GA vs CS is purely skill based, team dependant and often, subjective.

Go back to preaching Ani as too weak or too OP. You were a tad more convincing then.

Yes I play all modes. Can't have an opinion on modes you don't play. Since capital has been out I've only played 13 games at best.

The difficulty rating is higher in GA than capital & that's a fact. Everyone including myself have inflated scores because they kill bots. A officer can not get over 100 eliminations in GA due to lack of bots & the games lasting longer. It's casual I play it because it's era locked & is more balanced due to 2 heroes per side & no choke points.

I don't think anakin is weak or op. Must be talking about the other anakin

I mean, sure, if you are directly relating killing bots vs killing players then bots are a lot easier.

Other than that, each CS or GA match difficultly is determined by the criteria mentioned earlier. It's not a clear cut "this mode is harder".

GA is much harder, the more "hardcore" players play GA on PC. CS is just not that attractive for not so casual players due to the fact that there are bots there.
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

Play arcade as a hero. Same thing, mow down AI. Then you also save the time and effort of playing officer to race to get the first hero.

EA should be applauded for bringing in different evens to keep things fresh...give the troopers a little looove.

Can't wait to play! GA will rock so hard now!

Lol. No.
    I play officer, i use improved battle command at the start and i like to rush objectives and kills to get Heroes as fast as possible. 9/10 times I'm top 5 player and 8/10 times top 5 kills so if ya'll want to judge me based on the way i play i simply don't care.

From almost all of the officers I see in games, the main reason they have high kills is because they get a hero first. That's pretty much it. I've seen officers on 2 kills get a hero before me on like 10 kills and then they go on to be around the same as me in kills at the end of the game. All because they get the increased officer battle points and get the hero first and not because of their gameplay and aiming ability.

Actually my aiming is good. I play to have fun while trying to win. Playing without heroes is not fun for me, the entire playerbase shouldn't be forced to play like this.

But forcing everyone to play heroes unleashed would be ok?
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    I play officer, i use improved battle command at the start and i like to rush objectives and kills to get Heroes as fast as possible. 9/10 times I'm top 5 player and 8/10 times top 5 kills so if ya'll want to judge me based on the way i play i simply don't care.

From almost all of the officers I see in games, the main reason they have high kills is because they get a hero first. That's pretty much it. I've seen officers on 2 kills get a hero before me on like 10 kills and then they go on to be around the same as me in kills at the end of the game. All because they get the increased officer battle points and get the hero first and not because of their gameplay and aiming ability.

Actually my aiming is good. I play to have fun while trying to win. Playing without heroes is not fun for me, the entire playerbase shouldn't be forced to play like this.

Oh, the irony!
  • CeymalRen wrote: »

Forcing?🤔 I'm a sane human being so I know I have the option not to play the trooper only event, seeing as how it's more boring than watching grass grow. It a video game. Nobody is forced to play

Then you woke up.

ivcl2h92eadk.jpg
    638j9c2h6rzo.jpg

I rarely play CS so have not much idea about how the scoreboard usually looks. But 20 deaths for 133 elims, with only a 46 hero Killstreak would be not too bad in a GA game relatively speaking. Obviously the 133 elims would be very good in a GA game, but I'm mainly talking about if the stats are just the KD ratio for the trooper play only and curious if bots affect things that much. Take out the assists and the hero killstreak and it's about a 3:1 KD ratio for the trooper gameplay. Which isn't great for trooper play, but it's not bad. Do bots add huge amounts of kills to the point where these are bad stats? So his actual KD for trooper play is probably even less than 2:1 maybe?

They aren't great stats either way. But on the surface they don't seem bad either to the point where everyone jumped on him for posting that scoreboard haha but like I said, I don't play CS. So maybe the bots really do add a huge amount to kills on average and they actually are bad stats

Then you woke up.

ivcl2h92eadk.jpg
    638j9c2h6rzo.jpg

I rarely play CS so have not much idea about how the scoreboard usually looks. But 20 deaths for 133 elims, with only a 46 hero Killstreak would be not too bad in a GA game relatively speaking. Obviously the 133 elims would be very good in a GA game, but I'm mainly talking about if the stats are just the KD ratio for the trooper play only and curious if bots affect things that much. Take out the assists and the hero killstreak and it's about a 3:1 KD ratio for the trooper gameplay. Which isn't great for trooper play, but it's not bad. Do bots add huge amounts of kills to the point where these are bad stats? So his actual KD for trooper play is probably even less than 2:1 maybe?

They aren't great stats either way. But on the surface they don't seem bad either to the point where everyone jumped on him for posting that scoreboard haha but like I said, I don't play CS. So maybe the bots really do add a huge amount to kills on average and they actually are bad stats

Actually this is just trooper play from the recent event. The 46 is a jet trooper streak

Then you woke up.

ivcl2h92eadk.jpg
    638j9c2h6rzo.jpg

Actually this is just trooper play from the recent event. The 46 is a jet trooper streak

I still don't count that as trooper play tho really. So for the sake of the basic trooper play, we will just keep the stats like I posted. However it might make it worse for you now because you were most likely the jet trooper more than once haha :open_mouth:

Then you woke up.

ivcl2h92eadk.jpg
    638j9c2h6rzo.jpg

I still don't count that as trooper play tho really. So for the sake of the basic trooper play, we will just keep the stats like I posted. However it might make it worse for you now because you were most likely the jet trooper more than once haha :open_mouth:

But I only want to remove the 46 Killstreak and not any other reinforcement play, just for the sake of making it easier for anyone that chooses to reply to my question about the stats.

Then you woke up.

ivcl2h92eadk.jpg
    638j9c2h6rzo.jpg

Ehh it's whatever. The point was he said I couldn't do good without a hero & capital supremacy isn't casual when it is. Doesn't matter having played games like battlefield 5, overwatch, the trooper aspect of this game is boring, casual asf & doesn't interest me