criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

Please just give us 2 versions of Galactic Assault

Trooper Assault: Galactic assault with no heroes - Everything else remains the same.

Heroes Unleashed: Galactic assault but permanently heroes unleashed.

I'm pretty sure no one prefers the current galactic assault - you either like Heroes Unleashed or Boots on the ground, so please just give us what we want. Normal GA is a weird limbo in-between the 2 that nobody wants.
th1t3mn151el.gif

"Never doubt what you have done, All your decisions brought you to that point."
-Kreia / KOTOR 2

Euaaagh
-Lego Yoda

Replies

• Yeah vanilla GA kinda sucks compared to HU or BOTG imo, and the fact CS is the more popular mode now says something. Another thing, those 2 modes are also the most balanced imo.
  • This should have been an option at launch. Took almost 2 years to get a event in GA without heroes and DICE screws it all up by removing vehicles/star fighters in addition to heroes.

Only hero mains, most of them, were opposed to vehicles in GA. Troopers have effective anti-vehicle weapons and good troopers can deal with armor, speeders and star fighters while still PTFO. Most GA maps only have vehicles in limited phases whereas heroes were available in every phase of a GA match.

Would have rather had more Extraction or SA maps then these “events.”

Fubar.

DICE actually screwed it up twice. They tried to do it earlier this year with vehicles and fighters included, but at the last minute slapped in Maul and Kenobi with 1000BP cost unannounced just to celebrate TPM's 20th anniversary.
  • They will never do this. It would split the player base too much.
  • The solution is limit the influence of heroes in this mode. No delete heroes No divide the community.

1bfioawlu399.png
  • Trooper Assault: Galactic assault with no heroes - Everything else remains the same.

Heroes Unleashed: Galactic assault but permanently heroes unleashed.

I'm pretty sure no one prefers the current galactic assault - you either like Heroes Unleashed or Boots on the ground, so please just give us what we want. Normal GA is a weird limbo in-between the 2 that nobody wants.

I like the current version of GA with vehicles and heroes (2 per side, 8000BP)
  • Please no, I love GA the way it is, I hate heroes unleashed and not really a big fan of this game mode but I’d be fine with boots on the ground being separate because a lot of people do enjoy it.

Sorry but I'd say a solid majority of people prefer either Boots on the ground or Heroes unleashed over normal GA. Normal GA honestly stinks - it doesn't give anyone what it wants.

Heroes Unleashed is super fast paced and instant fun, which is why a lot of people enjoy it.

Boots on the Ground is more of an immersive battle, it's for people who want more FPS and less SW.

normal GA offers neither of those.
    These events get stale after a while, they’re not long lasting, fun for a weekend for some maybe, but not fun forever
  • They will never do this. It would split the player base too much.

The game is supposedly in the best state it’s ever been in with flourishing player numbers so why not strike while it’s hot?
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Not the best idea imo. I would prefer having standard GA but 2 heroes per side at last phase (prievous phases only 1 per side) and they should be more expansive (some vehicles should be more exepnsive too).

Trooper only is cool, heroes unleashed is terrible. I would prefer having new GA (with those changes I mentioned before) and maybe trooper only GA as separate list. This would split the playerbase so maybe the best solution would be having GA with those changes as standard, everyday thing and Trooper only+ HU as events with seperate playlists every week or so. Everyone would be happy, and the playerbase would be split only on weekends (when people play the most so it would not be that much of an issue)
  • Literally the best idea the devs could implement. Im willing to debate any of them who come up with some excuse not to. Heroes unleashed helps players who love HvV come into GA and players who dont like the hero centric combat enjoy extraction on a larger scale. Both parties win.
  • Yeah vanilla GA kinda sucks compared to HU or BOTG imo, and the fact CS is the more popular mode now says something. Another thing, those 2 modes are also the most balanced imo.

Standard GA is trash because of heroes. The two alternatives are better solutions.

We agree on something. Interesting
  • Big fat no from me. I like standard GA.