criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Forest of Endor

"Boots on the Ground" confirm it, the heroes are a problem

Prev1
After stay all evening/night playing this event. I can come to the some conclusions:

1) The game feels more balanced and more fair.
Always there are some matches that are unbalanced where a team is clear superior than the other. This happen in all games. But in Battlefront 2 this multiply for the hero factor. In this game the heroes are too overpower and besides can fight together more of 2 at the same time in each team. What happen? Well now when a team is clearly superior get the heroes first and this increase the difference still much more.

Posible solutions:

- A good nerf for all heroes.
- Limit to 2 heroes max in each team and increase the price to 8000 or more.

2) I miss a little the vehicles and starfighters.
This must be a war! In a war there are vehicles! The vehicles don't unbalanced this game because these are easly destroyed with normal troopers.

1bfioawlu399.png

Replies

• CS does feel more comfy to play as non-heroes + no annoying spamming vehicles around. I even switched to FPS mode after a long time. And since no yoda/Obi around to annoy....easy killing spree as commando droid!

But one problem was as a defending team next round it was very hard to clutch since most were treating this as a TDM than CS....like half of my team were sniping!?! And without heroes it's impossible to turn it around at the last minute. At least the matches didn't drag at all on the games I had.
  • Recommend:
    Phase One: max one hero (3000 BP)
    Phase Two: max two heroes (6000 BP)
    Phase Three: Unleash the Force (Unlimited) ... I like the 3rd Phase of every map
  • VaperEyes wrote: »
    Recommend:
    Phase One: max one hero (3000 BP)
    Phase Two: max two heroes (6000 BP)
    Phase Three: Unleash the Force (Unlimited) ... I like the 3rd Phase of every map

Short of 1 hero per side that’s not a bad idea.
    Btech3_14 wrote: »
    After stay all evening/night playing this event. I can come to the some conclusions:

Always there are some matches that are unbalanced where a team is clear superior than the other. This happen in all games. But in Battlefront 2 this multiply for the hero factor. In this game the heroes are too overpower and besides can fight together more of 2 at the same time in each team. What happen? Well now when a team is clearly superior get the heroes first and this increase the difference still much more.

Posible solutions:

This must be a war! In a war there are vehicles! The vehicles don't unbalanced this game because these are easly destroyed with normal troopers.

Heroes nerf: 👎🏻
    2 heroes for each team: 👍🏻

Another good idea.
  • It was probably the matchmaking but I actually haven’t played a balance round of GA during this event. It’s not

Posible solutions:

So basically you want to get rid of heroes. You want to nerf them, double the BP to get them, reduce the number of heroes in the final phase by 50% and do ...something with vehicles and starfighters ...the things that do the most damage to heroes. There are objective based combat modes in this game without heroes. Strike and extraction.

It’s a Star Wars game there should be heroes and they should be better than troopers.

I don't want eliminate the heroes.
    I want limit the influence of heroes in this modes to get a more balance.
    It's logic, in a modes with only 20 players in each team, more of 2 heroes is disproportionate (only one heroe can kill easly all members of enemy team). If you team is clearly superior, you can get first the heroes and here the party finish, many players will abandon the match, i see this each day.

I get it. I think better matchmaking would help. I honestly have not got a good match this weekend in 10 games.9 were complete steamrolls. Not fun.

I think the average killstreak for a hero is much lower than 30. I would bet a good amount of credits it’s in the single digits. By increasing the price and lowering the amount of heroes you would almost guarantee now that only the best players would get heroes which wouldn’t solve your problem. Other players wouldn’t get to play as a hero in an objective environment.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    It was probably the matchmaking but I actually haven’t played a balance round of GA during this event. It’s not

Posible solutions:

So basically you want to get rid of heroes. You want to nerf them, double the BP to get them, reduce the number of heroes in the final phase by 50% and do ...something with vehicles and starfighters ...the things that do the most damage to heroes. There are objective based combat modes in this game without heroes. Strike and extraction.

It’s a Star Wars game there should be heroes and they should be better than troopers.

Better than troopers is one thing, the ease at which you can go on a 30+ kill streak is the problem in a game like this. This is a mp shooter, not a zombie shooter.

Perfectly summed up.

For example I was in an extended game of CS earlier in the week with a 300+ kill streak Yoda which was no fun at all for everyone else.
  • hosco33
    315 posts Member
    edited September 14

Posible solutions:

I agree, but instead would decrease heroes health. Vehicles are nice in GA but starfighters are too easily destroyed by other starfighters, not feeling like trying them to respawn and immediately die, not sure if they are intended to [not] work like that or star cards improve the experience.
  • - A max of 2 heroes per side.
    - Era-specific only.
    - 6k point cost.
    - 30 second cooldown between uses.
    - Applied to GA and CS.

Balanced, as all things should be.

6p795vrrgrvj.jpeg
  • The problem isn’t heroes in general. The problem is saber heroes.

They have always been the weak point in this game. Buggy, OP and spammy. Makes HvV a mess.

Maybe move sabers to HS and let them stay there?! Not allowing them in any other modes?
  • This playerbase is so divided it's crazy. Herolords, hero haters and everyone in between. Hers a solution that should be implemented. Leave CS how it is but expand to the other eras. In GA, increase hero cost to 6k and limit to 2 per side in all phases. Introduce a small scale(maybe 10v10) base 4 only mode with nothing but troopers. We have HvV, so why shouldnt trooperlords have their own mode? These changes would make ALOT of players happy Dice. Also more weapons please. Here's 2 events I'd like to see. GA and CS- Vehicle free weekend HvV- HvV unleashed where its teams of 8 for a weekend. Could be fun. Make it happen @F8RGE 😁
  • Era specific in GA is silly, no thanks and that’s not what most people want. I think it’s official that more people complain about hero’s now than CW and Ahsoka/ Ventres so that’s a nice translation I guess 😂.

Just. Kill. Them.
  • vonVile
    364 posts Member
    edited September 15
    This is how to fix the Hero problem in GA:
    Have the BP Hero costs be:
    • 4000 BP Blaster Heroes
    • 6000 BP Force Heroes & Boba Fett
    • 8000 BP OP Heroes - Anakin, Yoda, Palatine
    To balance their use when a Hero is selected from a BP cost level all others on that level are locked out from play. This means there will be only 1 Blaster and 1 Force wielder in play for each team unless somebody wants to put out the effort to reach an OP Hero at 8000BP.
    @F8RGE
  • Versatti wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    It was probably the matchmaking but I actually haven’t played a balance round of GA during this event. It’s not

Posible solutions:

Better than troopers is one thing, the ease at which you can go on a 30+ kill streak is the problem in a game like this. This is a mp shooter, not a zombie shooter.

Perfectly summed up.

For example I was in an extended game of CS earlier in the week with a 300+ kill streak Yoda which was no fun at all for everyone else.

Elimination streak*
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • SISFace27 wrote: »

Posible solutions:

The superior team always wins no matter what it is. Maybe people shpuld just work together to kill the heroes and villains so they won't complain

Bro people don’t think sensible with hero’s in the equation. They just back out the game when they see one and come on here
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    SISFace27 wrote: »

Posible solutions:

The superior team always wins no matter what it is. Maybe people shpuld just work together to kill the heroes and villains so they won't complain

Bro people don’t think sensible with hero’s in the equation. They just back out the game when they see one and come on here

I don’t deny the better team wins based on the mechanics the game has created but your out of line for thinking playing hero whackamole is fun Trooper play.

I personally have fun killing hero’s with reinforcements and troopers🤷🏻‍♂️ . How often do you come across heros in a game tho, I see more trooper v trooper than trooper v hero. But I usually only play CS. Or idk, use a reinforcement or hero if it’s THAT challenging or taxing for someone 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • You don’t HAVE to use a trooper all game. And if you do, why complain? It’s simply their choice to not adapt to the circumstances. Reinforcements, vehicles, hero’s are there for all