criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Shout-out for Boots on the Ground event.

124Next

Replies

• Next event will be heroes only, can't wait.

Then they could replace HVV as it's now boring as hell
  • Interesting change in the eliminations and scores for GA during this event. Usually these follow a power-law distribution with one or two players on each team with 50++ elims, a second tier of ~5 players with 20-30s, and the rest 0-10s. Now in the games I've played lately I've seen most players in a much closer spread of 10-20s on each team, so hopefully that means more players are getting to play a decent role in the match.

I'm also finding it way harder to be in the top 5, but I can live with that :lol:
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    Wasn’t worth putting the disc back in the console. Should have just removed heroes and kept the vehicles.
    All you guys had to do was just remove heroes from GA and you couldn’t even get that right.
    Game has become a joke.

Yep. We couldn’t have been any clearer about what we’d like to see. They finally give in to a ‘trooper event’ and can’t even get that right.

This event was bad and a waste of time.

In fairness, as a whole it wasn't entirely clear. I've seen requests for "base 4 only", Troopers & Vehicles, Heroes removed and Troopers & Reinforcements (which is obviously this one and funnily enough, what I was advocating).
  • About dang time.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • Smattonellus
    816 posts Member
    edited September 15
    Last day, wish they would use remaining resources to improve gunplay and infantry mechanics, we have more than enough heroes imo.

Yeah, troopers feel stale after being the same for years, new weapons and different/new/revamped starcards are needed, even more so than new reinforcements or maps ora whatever, not before bug fixes though.
  • It’s not a shock HU and BOG are popular events and bring in good numbers. Hopefully they do each once a month .
  • It’s not a shock HU and BOG are popular events and bring in good numbers. Hopefully they do each once a month .

Agree, I’m for both modes.
  • OoiiHooked_22
    2879 posts Member
    edited September 15
    rollind24 wrote: »
    I did a quick rundown on Reddit today and besides the people asking why hero’s cost 400k BPs the reaction seems to be positive. Maybe there is hope for Reddit? Normally I’d assume this post would be downvoted into oblivion.

ghgl6you4d6g.png

Looking to hard into it. Ewok hunt was loved for a weekend & you can't even find a game. Stale trooper gameplay is kinda fresh cause of the new mode. Make it perm & it'll be ewok hunt 2.0

Hero starfighter, hero showdown. The proof is in the pudding 🤷🏻‍♂️ Agreed
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    I did a quick rundown on Reddit today and besides the people asking why hero’s cost 400k BPs the reaction seems to be positive. Maybe there is hope for Reddit? Normally I’d assume this post would be downvoted into oblivion.

ghgl6you4d6g.png

Looking to hard into it. Ewok hunt was loved for a weekend & you can't even find a game. Stale trooper gameplay is kinda fresh cause of the new mode. Make it perm & it'll be ewok hunt 2.0

I seriously enjoyed ewok hunt a lot. Haven't found a match for it in so long it's sad

ghgl6you4d6g.png

7wjb6node4o0.gif

I wouldn’t want this event to be permanent. Was more an observation that it wasn’t outright rejected as a lot of people here would try to convince of. I’d prefer a large scale trooper mode designed for it and the next trooper event to include vehicles.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Best event so far. GA is back to total mess now. But nice to have one good weekend.....

ghgl6you4d6g.png

I don’t think that’s a fair comparison given that Ewok Hunt has just a single map and a very specific game set. In addition it was bound to become stagnant without significant development/investment.

Large scale Trooper modes have been requested for many months now and the ‘Boots on the Ground’ event actually proved just how great a large scale non hero mode could be.

• Best event so far. GA is back to total mess now. But nice to have one good weekend.....

Exactly this. Sad but true.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Darth_Vapor3
    4243 posts Member
    edited September 16
    Played as much as I could this weekend. The matches I was able to play, played very well. The difference without heroes was interesting and as expected. A strong squad or two can travel the circuit of CS command points and keep constant pressure on the enemy, without a big red circle showing up and cutting through them down like a knife through butter. Because of this, it seemed the ground phase took noticeably less time in general. GA in particular was very refreshing with this ruleset.

The only obvious problem was the absence of vehicles. Large CS maps aren’t the same without them. In GA, certain maps become very challenging with the AT-ST’s on certain phases. The vehicles should have been kept in for this event.

Something like this should have been around since the beginning. Like BF2015, some of the large modes should have had a more traditional FPS experience, where quality gameplay, not advanced unit selection, decides matches.

Heroes in this game are amazing. The availability to play the iconic characters of Star Wars in a large scale FPS is incredible. That being said, this is still a game that’s built around DICE’s classic Frostbite Engine shooter experience. There should be some large mode options in the menus that reflect that.

ghgl6you4d6g.png

Hero starfighter, hero showdown. The proof is in the pudding 🤷🏻‍♂️ Agreed

Only problem with SA HvV is you can’t respawn as a hero ship. Make it follow the same format as HvV and the mode will be improved.

DICE was close in getting this event right by removing heroes but made the mistake of removing vehicles. Not sure what was so difficult in just putting heroes at 400k in GA and leaving everything else as is.
    #StarWars-y