criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

"Boots on the Ground" confirm it, the heroes are a problem

2Next

Replies

• It needs to be 1 hero per team max. So 2 heroes the entire match. Not more. And add a timer to them so that will push people to play the Objective instead of farming kills

A cooldown timer is definitely needed imo.
  • My two cents, in CS heroes decide the flow of the conquest phase, one can easily capture and defend locations and rotate because they are pretty fast, in that specific mode I think 1 per side is the right amount, there's the hero for the hero players and there's the fair fight for the remaining 38 people.

In GA the era lock event taught us that 2 per side is the way to go, but I'd leave the cross era, or the old system where era appropriate cost 4.5k and non era 6k, in general the price should be 6k to delay a bit on their arrival on the battlefield.
    Thinking maybe having only 1 on the first phase and 2 on the subsequent(per side).
    This way their impact is contained, it's there but not overwhelming, and who likes to play as a hero and kill fodder can still do so.

But you know, people prefer having 8 per side so I fall on deaf ears, can't argue with tastes but I think balance is objective and should be pursued.
  • The separatists always win in CS, I think the problem are the droidekas and the commando droids. They are slightly overpowered if you compare them with the republic reinforcements
  • Btech3_14 wrote: »
    The separatists always win in CS, I think the problem are the droidekas and the commando droids. They are slightly overpowered if you compare them with the republic reinforcements

As opposed to a % of players complaining that the Droideka is actually weak with shields and that it’s guns need be Buffed.

I honestly feel that if the Droidekas personal shield regenerated while active this would be a buff in an general direction somewhere between increased Survivability and overall performance enhancer

I would prefer having shields passive regeneration when not in combat instead of a Blaster Fire buff
  • Once that hero is dead it cannot return to the match. 1 hero per player. Once the team is out of hero's... boots on the ground. Maybe have a limit on ground vehicles too.
    The separatists always win in CS, I think the problem are the droidekas and the commando droids. They are slightly overpowered if you compare them with the republic reinforcements

What ? 66% of my games in CS result with the Republic winning, you just have a team that doesn't play the objectives
  • Btech3_14
    256 posts Member
    edited September 15
    Btech3_14 wrote: »

What ? 66% of my games in CS result with the Republic winning, you just have a team that doesn't play the objectives

I played with the same team as the separatists and we won.

The problem are the droidekas that can roll fast behind the reactors in the republic ship and destroy them.
    Droidekas are the fastest unit and can capture a lot of command posts on the ground
  • I can't help but agree with Btech3_14 about the separatists always winning in CS during this event. I've been playing this event since friday and I haven't seen the galactic empire win one game. I have also played on both sides and in many different lobbies and the separatists win every time. I don't think droidekas are too strong because the truth is they are very weak but they are very quick to get to the objectives and when you have 3 of them run up onto the same objective there is no stopping them without heroes. I think next time they decide to do another event with no vehicles or heroes they should also take out droidekas to make the game more fair in Capital Supremacy. Also I see where heroes in the objective based gamemodes can be overpowering but they do fill an important role. I think the best option would be to increase the battlepoint cost for them to like 5-6k.
  • I thought trying to win On Takodana and Crait were hard enough with vehicles and heroes, trying to do so with out their support turns out into a strong slaughter for the Empire 2.0
    The imps just cannot push forward without ATST MK2 support on Crait

The clone war era seems to have it easier because of large trooper diversity, you have your regular troops and that’s about it during this event, that and whatever reinforcement units you have which is either the same pretty much for the rebels and the resistance and their counterparts

Not to... not to detract from the positivity of this limited time event I’m really loving the trooper only Mode; but on some maps the balance of power is unhinged on some planets some planets you just cannot win on and others when you’re assaulting get Shredded out of your reinforcement points
  • JediPacoElFlaco
    1536 posts Member
    edited September 15

I think that the clone commandos will change it.

1bfioawlu399.png

I think that the clone commandos will change it.

Clone commandos aren’t as fast as droidekas. The fastes unit in the republic are the speeders available only on the ground
  • Zirius
    365 posts Member
    edited September 15
    It would be ok with heroes too after all, if there wouldn't be so many of them on the battlefield at the same time. It would be just good if there would be only 2 playing at the same time, in each of the teams, costing 8-10k BP. As well as there being a time b4 some1 else can spawn again as a hero. But it seems Dice refuse to do these changes. The current GA/CS it's a herofest. IMO.
  • Zirius wrote: »
    It would be ok with heroes too after all, if there wouldn't be so many of them on the battlefield at the same time. It would be just good if there would be only 2 at the same time, in each of the teams, costing 8-10k BP. As well as there being a time b4 some1 else can spawn again as a hero. But it seems Dice refuse to do these changes. The current GA/CS it's a herofest. IMO.

I think they could increase slightly the cost of reinforcements and vehicles too.

Heroes should cost 6000BP and only available 2 for each team in every phase (GA and CS).

Moreover, introduce a timer of 20 seconds in the selecting screen to avoid hero screen camping.

How many reinforcements has each team? (6?)
  • bfloo
    16068 posts Member
    Zirius wrote: »
    It would be ok with heroes too after all, if there wouldn't be so many of them on the battlefield at the same time. It would be just good if there would be only 2 at the same time, in each of the teams, costing 8-10k BP. As well as there being a time b4 some1 else can spawn again as a hero. But it seems Dice refuse to do these changes. The current GA/CS it's a herofest. IMO.

I think they could increase slightly the cost of reinforcements and vehicles too.

Heroes should cost 6000BP and only available 2 for each team in every phase (GA and CS).

Moreover, introduce a timer of 20 seconds in the selecting screen to avoid hero screen camping.

The problem with the spawn timer is people will keep hitting respawn and burn through tickets.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    Zirius wrote: »

The problem with the spawn timer is people will keep hitting respawn and burn through tickets.

Well, than make heroes available only with “Objective Points” in this way people are forced to play the objectives 🤷🏻‍♂️😏
    (and the other classes with normal battle points)
  • Lyc4n
    1494 posts Member
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    Theres many ways to improve the hero situation without taking them out

There are stil seperate modes where you can play them all the time? Heroes have no place in this objective modes in their current form besides kill farming

Im mostly a trooper player trust me, i only like heroes on hvv. Im jsut saying for those that love heroes, there are ways to get round the issue without removing like a middle ground for everywhere
  • Can this thing just end or nah
  • SQJACKIE wrote: »
    - A max of 2 heroes per side.
    - Era-specific only.
    - 6k point cost.
    - 30 second cooldown between uses.
    - Applied to GA and CS.

Balanced, as all things should be.

-10k minimal cost
    -1 minute cooldown

Even better, won't happen though
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • JediPacoElFlaco
    1536 posts Member
    edited September 16
    Well many people we think the same.

@F8RGE listen our suggestions.

1bfioawlu399.png
  • I agree
  • I miss this event, the balance...was funny.

Now i perceive clearly that this game works around the heroes. They decide the matches and cause that the most matches are unbalanced.

Please @F8RGE we need a solution to satisfy the most people. I think that you must:

1) Limit in GA the number of heroes to 2 max.
    2) Increase the hero price to 6000-8000.

We must try it.

1bfioawlu399.png
  • Well many people we think the same.

@F8RGE listen our suggestions.

Just as many disagree about heroes 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • JediPacoElFlaco
    1536 posts Member
    edited September 20
    Each day a nerf more for the troopers and a buff for the heroes.

Today the victim was the speeder.

We need a big mode without heroes.

1bfioawlu399.png
  • rollind24
    5955 posts Member
    edited September 21

They rebalance them every month
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • mellowshipslinkyb
    840 posts Member
    edited September 21
    rollind24 wrote: »

Or... they could actually rebalance the heroes and ***** fix Galactic Assault.

They sure do. And always according to the desires of the “pro” HvV community, further unbalancing GA.
  • rollind24 wrote: »

They sure do. And always according to the desires of the “pro” HvV community, further unbalancing GA.

i agree. @F8RGE and the other devs only listen to hero fanatics to buff them and nerf the rest of units.
    There are many interesting post with awesome ideas to improve this game. You won't see @F8RGE write in any of these post.
    We are the forgotten fans of Battlefront.

1bfioawlu399.png

Yep. I just want a large scale trooper mode so i never have to care about what they’re doing with hero’s again
    #infantrylivesmatter
    rollind24 wrote: »

Yep. I just want a large scale trooper mode so i never have to care about what they’re doing with hero’s again

Same. One large scale infantry mode and they could run wild with the heroes for all I care.