criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Triple XP Event

Some people say that only trooper events are bad

Prev1
Then the same people say that HU events are awesome, in what world we live?

The whole game is a mess and is obvious this game suffer from a bad core gameplay, First battlefront gameplay was arcadey but it was fine.

Those people only want chaos and kills.
Me and the EZ Mouse

Replies

• Alex64 wrote: »

The whole game is a mess and is obvious this game suffer from a bad core gameplay, First battlefront gameplay was arcadey but it was fine.

I don’t like either of these modes, not everyone saying that this event is not enjoyable for them think HU is a great event either
  • I think this event isn't that popular among players, it's a shame because I found it more balanced but many others just find it boring. I wonder if they'd find it boring if they gave troopers something new though....
  • But there were playable heroes during this event.

They're called Death Troopers and B2 Rocket Droids.
  • Xerogon wrote: »
    I think the consensus is It isn’t popular among battlefront 2 hero players, the guys I played with from the last game would have loved it. I think boring is translated into I’m not that great and can’t get huge kill streaks without OP units or vehicles.

So because I didnt like it, and found the event boring makes me a bad player? LOL how dumb! So does that mean the people who dont like heroes arent good enough to kill them?
    I think the consensus is It isn’t popular among battlefront 2 hero players, the guys I played with from the last game would have loved it. I think boring is translated into I’m not that great and can’t get huge kill streaks without OP units or vehicles.

So because I didnt like it, and found the event boring makes me a bad player? LOL how dumb! So does that mean the people who dont like heroes arent good enough to kill them?

No, not at all, you could be outstanding and just don’t like it which is totally fine. But when I hear things like this is trash, this is the worst event ever, this mode sucks, pure hatred, that leads me to believe players are getting triggered for a reason.

I haven’t met many players killing it with 150 elims a game that weren’t having fun. I do know this, most guys I know and play with don’t like playing a game they’re not good at. I’m not by any means saying all but most.

I’m sure the same goes for guys that aren’t great with heroes or vehicles that hate Heroes Unleashed. I hate playing air combat because I suck at it so it doesn’t interest me. That’s why I never cared much for Death Star or Scarif in the last game, the forced flying.
  • But there were playable heroes during this event.

They're called Death Troopers and B2 Rocket Droids.

B2 Super battle droid > B2 Rocket Droid

Rocket droid doesn’t have overload
    Xerogon wrote: »

No, not at all, you could be outstanding and just don’t like it which is totally fine. But when I hear things like this is trash, this is the worst event ever, this mode sucks, pure hatred, that leads me to believe players are getting triggered for a reason.

I haven’t met many players killing it with 150 elims a game that weren’t having fun. I do know this, most guys I know and play with don’t like playing a game they’re not good at. I’m not by any means saying all but most.

I’m sure the same goes for guys that aren’t great with heroes or vehicles that hate Heroes Unleashed. I hate playing air combat because I suck at it so it doesn’t interest me. That’s why I never cared much for Death Star or Scarif in the last game, the forced flying.

Oh ok. Thanks for clarifying. My two friends I play with regularly didnt enjoy this event either. I am FAR from a bad player, but I just find the large modes boring without heroes and vehicles. Say what you will about "skill", but going on a long hero killstreak is fun and I know alot of people agree with me on that. The truth is, nothing in this game really takes much skill, especially when you compare it to multiplayers like Gears or CoD. That said I DO think there should be a base 4 only mode, so people who want that level playing field are satisfied.
  • Heroes Unleased is fun because it is so hectic & intense. It’s enjoyable to see all the heroes & villains going at it against a GA backdrop. With that being said, I don’t think it would be good to have it as a permanent mode. 2 heroes at begging stages & 4 at last stage is a good balance in GA. Many of my friends despise HU though.

The Boots on the Ground event is boring & too linear because many of the maps especially large scale ones were designed with objectives & gameplay to have vehicles and heroes. Troopers only makes the game very stale. If they’d done it with vehicles and still without heroes, I think it’d be more enjoyable and have leas criticism.

I actually would mind permanent variations of GA modes like GA with heroes but without vehicles or GA with vehicles but without heroes like stated prior. It’s just too severe and damaging to gameplay to have both heroes & vehicle IMAO.

Oh ok. Thanks for clarifying. My two friends I play with regularly didnt enjoy this event either. I am FAR from a bad player, but I just find the large modes boring without heroes and vehicles. Say what you will about "skill", but going on a long hero killstreak is fun and I know alot of people agree with me on that. The truth is, nothing in this game really takes much skill, especially when you compare it to multiplayers like Gears or CoD. That said I DO think there should be a base 4 only mode, so people who want that level playing field are satisfied.

Exactly, we agree, its fun to feel like your a one man wrecking ball. I’m for everyone having a good time and can’t blame anyone for playing something they don’t like.
  • Atleast we have more people asking for separate playlists now. I enjoyed it but people should be able to play the normal versions if they want.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • I wasn’t a huge fan of the event, for me the mix of troopers and hero’s is what makes battlefront unique. But it was only an event and love seeing the good mix of unique events, spices things up. Glad it’s back to normal now though!
  • tankertoad wrote: »
    How are the maps more linear without heros? Lol. So silly

When there's no heroes all the sudden the maps morph into something else!

I know, right? All these hero-worshippers are acting like the these are all open-ended, sandbox maps when they're all totally linear because it's all about getting from point A to point B. What they're really saying is, "Waaaahhhh! Every match now reaches the end and I like it when we can't get passed Phase 1 because of hero spam! Waaaahhhhhh!"
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
    So, 8 minutes after your last thread got closed, you went and made another that says basically the same thing?
    What a desperate attention-seeker you are.
    @IronSoldier

The problem wasn't the thread, so I changed the title then we can discuss about this topic

That plus the lack of "constructive feedback" and this thread still has that problem.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • bfloo
    15978 posts Member

Alex is referring to those who never even gave it a chance because their meta was taken away.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

Both HU and BotG are better than standard GA.

But this last event needs the vehicles.
  • bfloo
    15978 posts Member
    Alex64 wrote: »

Both HU and BotG are better than standard GA.

But this last event needs the vehicles.

Don't forget a faster ttk and improvements to gunplay

h846398gb27k.png

• I never understood the people desperate for trooper only modes. This is a star wars game you want to play as the iconic heroes. If you want trooper only play dices other game battlefield
  • Batman20 wrote: »
    I never understood the people desperate for trooper only modes. This is a star wars game you want to play as the iconic heroes. If you want trooper only play dices other game battlefield

Both should be an option.
    I never understood the people desperate for trooper only modes. This is a star wars game you want to play as the iconic heroes. If you want trooper only play dices other game battlefield

There is strike and blast there is an option already
  • Ppong_Man12
    2786 posts Member
    edited September 16
    Batman20 wrote: »

That’s like saying if you want a hero game play overwatch, or telling guys that want melee sword combat to play For Honer.
  • I was always a big fan of Heroes Unleashed and I can say that while this weekend was a fun change of pace, I didn't really get into it because it didn't feel particularly balanced. It felt that the attacking side always had a harder time and of all the tens of matches I played this weekend, I only won like three as an attacker. The Heroes and vehicles really do add an X-Factor that can change the balance of the game.
    Granted, 16 heroes on the field at once is crazy on the other end of the spectrum, leading to too many people not trying for the objective and thus the attacking side rarely wins, but at least it's fun.
    PSN: Agent_TSCX
    Join me, and together we will rule the Galaxy!

That’s like saying if you want a hero game play overwatch, or telling guys that want melee sword combat to play For Honer.

There already is trooper only modes to play in this game with strike and blast. if your still desperate for more than yeah you should look elsewhere. A star wars game should have heroes in the large scale modes as that's what makes it different to your cods or battlefields. People play these games mostly to be heroes like luke and vader a GA with no heroes just isn't as fun. Having heroes in the thick of the battle with troopers is what makes it fun to play online. If they started focusing more on trooper modes that would upset more than it would please
  • Darth_Vapor3
    4245 posts Member
    edited September 16

There is strike and blast there is an option already

Small side modes. Not the same.
  • bfloo
    15978 posts Member

Melee players should go to For Honor, the cs is so much better. On pc you can get a lightsaber mod :)

h846398gb27k.png

There already is trooper only modes to play in this game with strike and blast. if your still desperate for more than yeah you should look elsewhere. A star wars game should have heroes in the large scale modes as that's what makes it different to your cods or battlefields. People play these games mostly to be heroes like luke and vader a GA with no heroes just isn't as fun. Having heroes in the thick of the battle with troopers is what makes it fun to play online. If they started focusing more on trooper modes that would upset more than it would please

Your still looking at it from a hero bias, this game by definition is considered a shooter, maybe that’s chanced with this game but many people still think of it that way. As to playing another game I can say the same thing, there’s already hero only modes in this game, if you want to play heroes you have HvV and and hero showdown, and really GA and HU, if that’s not enough maybe overwatch is a better option. All I’m saying is many want a large scale mode with limited to no heroes.

What is so difficult to understand? The name of the game is Battlefront, not Herofront. Battles are fought by soldiers. Grunts. Star Wars is more than just iconic heroes. Take a look at Rogue One for example.
    Besides, spawning as some godlike hero and butchering 40-50 players in a row isn’t very fun. It’s not a level playing field. And it’s not very iconic of how heroes actually performed on the battlefields. It didn’t take that many clones in Order 66 to kill their jedi generals.

I and most other people that want a large scale trooper mode are interested in simply being the regular guy. With the regular weapons and vehicles. Without having to worry about being spammed by a hero we can’t counter as regular troopers. And that will just respawn full health when killed.

Turning point in BF2015 was the absolute best mode. Period.
  • If DICE would have had a few modes like Cargo, DZ and Turning Point then all of this could have been avoided.
    Not sure why something like TP, a large mode without heroes, wasn’t available at launch.
    #StarWars-y
  • If DICE would have had a few modes like Cargo, DZ and Turning Point then all of this could have been avoided.
    Not sure why something like TP, a large mode without heroes, wasn’t available at launch.

Exactly right, we wouldn’t be having this conversation.
  • When I try explaining that saying herolord isn’t trolling but everyone ignores.

5hms5h15dg5h.gif

Troll

Without reinforcements it would be super boring
  • "These people only want chaos and kills"
    Isn't that the point of a shooter...?
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
    "These people only want chaos and kills"
    Isn't that the point of a shooter...?

Not really if it's an objective based mode.
    You kind of need kills to do good in an objective based mode.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif