criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Remove Boba Fett from HvV

Prev13456710
Don’t care what the Boba apologists say. No character should be this overpowered.

Devs, if you can’t see how unfair this character is then there’s a problem. Let me know if you need me to explain, but it’s pretty obvious.

Replies

  • Its fine on PS. I always wonder which platform.
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    Removing a character that works completely as intended shouldn't be removed. People that know how to use him shouldn't lose the chance to play that character because they're spoiling your glowstick battles.
    I don’t respect the opinions of GA players.

    It’s treason then!
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    Removing a character that works completely as intended shouldn't be removed. People that know how to use him shouldn't lose the chance to play that character because they're spoiling your glowstick battles.
    I don’t respect the opinions of GA players.

    So 95% of players?
    Pretty much.
  • Saying remove Boba from HvV is quite a stretch. Sure he can be annoying, but you can counter him in a couple ways different ways. I do it all the time.

    It's also not that difficult.
  • A_Wookie_Roar
    2374 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Saying remove Boba from HvV is quite a stretch. Sure he can be annoying, but you can counter him in a couple ways different ways. I do it all the time.

    It's also not that difficult.

    No it isn't.
    SFA Reinforcement Ideas - https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98321/starfighter-assault-reinforcement-ideas#latest

    Specialist Scout Pistol Addition - https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/90785/flash-pistol-scout-pistol-needs-to-be-on-specialist-please/p1

    "Lean upon pain like a crutch and you create anger and a dark fear of truth. Pain guides, but it does not support" Obi-Wan Kenobi

    3i4nza8m24rn.gif
  • I would like:
    Half jet pack fuel.
    370 damage on rocket barrage with all cards equipped.
    Zoom for blaster
    100 damage on concussion rocket which slows movements and cancels out roll/ dash.
    In air recovery costs 20% fuel.
  • CC_1010 wrote: »
    Removing a character that works completely as intended shouldn't be removed. People that know how to use him shouldn't lose the chance to play that character because they're spoiling your glowstick battles.

    “Working as intended” is no excuse for nonexistent balance. A good boba is god tier and untouchable.

    Just use Finn.

    Please do! By the time you’ve gotten a 3rd shot off with Deadeye, a bunch of droids or Imperials will have turned you into Swiss cheese.
  • Removing a character that works completely as intended shouldn't be removed. People that know how to use him shouldn't lose the chance to play that character because they're spoiling your glowstick battles.

    The game is not imbalanced. You have no idea what the hell your talking about, nor we can we hear you well enough when you’re sitting down. You’re obviously salty because you’re incapable of playing a character type that is the CORE of Star Wars: Force users, Why do you think Lucas thought Boba was so unnecessary he
    killed him off? Harrison Ford wanted Han dead because he no longer contributed anything valuable. I’m guessing you preferring instead to cower in a corner or at some height never intended for such use, and still QQ when a Force ability or good old fashioned headshot. Oh, the obvious brown-nosing is embarrassing. Man up.

    OMG. Spelling “but” with additional “t” gets masked as profanity? What is this? Third grade? 😂

    Or you could just use Finn.
  • So much anger and preaching.
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    tankertoad wrote: »
    So much anger and preaching.
    It does make me angry that a Triple A development team could produce the worst game ever with a character so obviously unbalanced. It’s also very disappointing to watch this forum defend it, when every good player I know agrees with me.

    Play someone else other than Rey. He's a lot of fun!
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    tankertoad wrote: »
    So much anger and preaching.
    It does make me angry that a Triple A development team could produce the worst game ever with a character so obviously unbalanced. It’s also very disappointing to watch this forum defend it, when every good player I know agrees with me.

    Play someone else other than Rey. He's a lot of fun!
    I’m sure it is fun being the most dominant character.
  • Han can 3 shot Bobba. Finn can 5 shot Bobba. Chewie can have it falling nonstop to the ground for other heroes to finish him in melee, Ani can pull and stunlock him, Lando can melt him with his blaster, Leia can protect herself and the team against the missiles with the bubble.

    Bobbas are hit and run, just wait then to come, fire at them from distance and watch them flying away scared like flies.
  • bfloo
    16773 posts Member
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    tankertoad wrote: »
    So much anger and preaching.
    It does make me angry that a Triple A development team could produce the worst game ever with a character so obviously unbalanced. It’s also very disappointing to watch this forum defend it, when every good player I know agrees with me.

    The entire game is unbalanced.

    As far as having to use a blaster to counter Boba, it isn't the 1st ever thing in a game that requires a specific counter. Prob wont be the last.

    As far as completely removing Boba from HvV goes, I wouldn't even notice, as bad as it was with the target system, hero blast is completely unplayable for me, I don't enjoy dodge the killball.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • KaPowaFie
    28 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Get rid of boba and EA can count another subtraction to their total players playing their game. I'm a badass fett, and skill characters require skill. If you wanna go fett and think you're all good because you picked him and he has cheap abilities go ahead. But, when it comes down to strategy and being ACTUALLY good with someone and playing that character for the last two games and being apart of the 501st by having an amazing cosplay as him as well? Don't touch my character or say nothing about my character. He's fine the way he is. And I'm pretty sure it's not HvV. Ive played hvv throughout both games. People that run aren't a mandolorian. Those players dont deserve to even pick fett with that gameplay style. Cowardice. I feel why you're mad at players that do that. But for players that dont? Dont you dare discredit us. Good fetts know to be aggressive and use tactics and strategy to outmaneuver other players, flight patterns, aim, etc. And last games HvV was totally fine and the infantry would do even better now unlike last game when I could wipe the floor with them as any hero. If they switched hvv to how it used to be . 6v6 3 infantry per side. 1 life per hero. It would force people with heroes to be more strategic and not just charge out to see what they can do with random abilities like his rockets. There are annoying fetts that literally spawn to do rockets get killed to spawn again to get more rockets and its trash. Theres also the whole health regen thing that makes people run away because then they can heal and come back. Without that? People again wouldn't do that. They wouldn't make stupid mistakes and if they did? Theyd die instantly. It would encourage actual teamwork to win matches and to stay alive and fight together. Heroes are also squishier in this game too unfortunately compared to last game. I will say this. There are usually a shi ton of bad bobas. Next , if you think he's annoying because of his jetpack meet me on xbox battlefront 2015 and I'll show you I dont need that thing to kick someone's ****. The ee3 in the last game was a skill gun to those who could aim and press the right trigger more flippin fast than anyone else could. With great talent comes great reward. Not everything should be about lightsaber freaks man. I'm happy he can counter them cause all the rest of the gun users at this point cant anymore thanks to EA. And you still want him nerfed? May I remind you how frustrating it was without the air recovery? Every time I'd get hit by any force push off edge? Dead. Anytime wookies even BASIC wookies hit me with like a regular bolt? Lmao. Fallen down. Tried to fly back up? Nope! Fallen back down. Frustrating asf dude! That's why they did it ! Doesn't need change or hes back to being garbage. Next , his rockets could do a little less damage? I'd be fine with that? His jetpack is fine the way it is. His concussion is absolutely useless. His air dodges were to help him not get shot out of the sky once again because of **** shi on other characters. Stop trying to ruin a great character In the star wars franchise to the point where he is unplayable because of all the nerfs you'd like to see him have because of your own selfish desires because you cant beat the guy. You want infinite power shot lando back or something? So you can snipe him out of the sky in two hits? Lmao. That's fun? You just wanna see him get blown up everytime he spawns? Or knocked down and quadruple teamed by lightsaber people and killed in seconds? That's the way it was before. And with lame flight patterns finn would easily go back to sniping him with his only useful ability. Dead eye. Which takes absolutely no skill to use simply because you don't even barely need to aim. Automatic lock on. Seems legit man. Your argument needs to be reevaluated.
  • bfloo
    16773 posts Member
    KaPowaFie wrote: »
    Get rid of boba and EA can count another subtraction to their total players playing their game. I'm a badass fett, and skill characters require skill. If you wanna go fett and think you're all good because you picked him and he has cheap abilities go ahead. But, when it comes down to strategy and being ACTUALLY good with someone and playing that character for the last two games and being apart of the 501st by having an amazing cosplay as him as well? Don't touch my character or say nothing about my character. He's fine the way he is. And I'm pretty sure it's not HvV. Ive played hvv throughout both games. People that run aren't a mandolorian. Those players dont deserve to even pick fett with that gameplay style. Cowardice. I feel why you're mad at players that do that. But for players that dont? Dont you dare discredit us. Good fetts know to be aggressive and use tactics and strategy to outmaneuver other players, flight patterns, aim, etc. And last games HvV was totally fine and the infantry would do even better now unlike last game when I could wipe the floor with them as any hero. If they switched hvv to how it used to be . 6v6 3 infantry per side. 1 life per hero. Its force people with heroes to be more strategic and not just charge out to see what they can do with random abilities like his rockets. I will say this. There are usually a shi ton of bad bobas. Next , if you think he's annoying because of his jetpack meet me on xbox battlefront 2015 and I'll show you I dont need that thing to kick someone's *****. The ee3 in the last game was a skill gun to those who could aim and press the right trigger more flippin fast than anyone else could. With great talent comes great reward. Not everything should be about lightsaber freaks man. I'm happy he can counter them cause all the rest of the gun uses at this point cant anymore thanks to EA. And you still want him nerfed. May I remind you how frustrating it was without the air recovery? Every time I'd get hit by any force push off edge? Dead. Anytime wookies even BASIC wookies hit me with like a regular bolt? Lmao. Fallen down. Tried to fly back up? Nope! Fallen back down. Frustrating asf dude! That's why they did it ! Doesn't need change or hes back to garbage. Next , his rockets could do a little less damage? I'd be fine with that? His jetpack is fine the way it is. His concussion is absolutely useless. His air dodges were to help him not get shot out of the sky once again because of ***** shi on other characters. Stop trying to ruin a great character In the star wars franchise to the point where he is unplayable because of all the nerfs you'd like to see him have because of your own selfish desires because you cant beat the guy. You want infinite power shot lando back or something? So you can snipe him out of the sky in two hits? Lmao. That's fun? You just wanna see him get blown up everytime he spawns? Or knocked down and quadruple teamed by lightsaber people and killed in seconds? That's the way it was before. And with lame flight patterns finn would easily go back to sniping him with his only useful ability. Dead eye. Which takes absolutely no skill to use simply because you don't even barely need to aim. Automatic lock on. Seems legit man. Your argument needs to be reevaluated.

    This post hurt my eyes

    Mine too, but he makes some good points during his 'Don't take my meta away' spiel
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • KaPowaFie wrote: »
    Get rid of boba and EA can count another subtraction to their total players playing their game. I'm a badass fett, and skill characters require skill. If you wanna go fett and think you're all good because you picked him and he has cheap abilities go ahead. But, when it comes down to strategy and being ACTUALLY good with someone and playing that character for the last two games and being apart of the 501st by having an amazing cosplay as him as well? Don't touch my character or say nothing about my character. He's fine the way he is. And I'm pretty sure it's not HvV. Ive played hvv throughout both games. People that run aren't a mandolorian. Those players dont deserve to even pick fett with that gameplay style. Cowardice. I feel why you're mad at players that do that. But for players that dont? Dont you dare discredit us. Good fetts know to be aggressive and use tactics and strategy to outmaneuver other players, flight patterns, aim, etc. And last games HvV was totally fine and the infantry would do even better now unlike last game when I could wipe the floor with them as any hero. If they switched hvv to how it used to be . 6v6 3 infantry per side. 1 life per hero. Its force people with heroes to be more strategic and not just charge out to see what they can do with random abilities like his rockets. I will say this. There are usually a shi ton of bad bobas. Next , if you think he's annoying because of his jetpack meet me on xbox battlefront 2015 and I'll show you I dont need that thing to kick someone's *****. The ee3 in the last game was a skill gun to those who could aim and press the right trigger more flippin fast than anyone else could. With great talent comes great reward. Not everything should be about lightsaber freaks man. I'm happy he can counter them cause all the rest of the gun uses at this point cant anymore thanks to EA. And you still want him nerfed. May I remind you how frustrating it was without the air recovery? Every time I'd get hit by any force push off edge? Dead. Anytime wookies even BASIC wookies hit me with like a regular bolt? Lmao. Fallen down. Tried to fly back up? Nope! Fallen back down. Frustrating asf dude! That's why they did it ! Doesn't need change or hes back to garbage. Next , his rockets could do a little less damage? I'd be fine with that? His jetpack is fine the way it is. His concussion is absolutely useless. His air dodges were to help him not get shot out of the sky once again because of ***** shi on other characters. Stop trying to ruin a great character In the star wars franchise to the point where he is unplayable because of all the nerfs you'd like to see him have because of your own selfish desires because you cant beat the guy. You want infinite power shot lando back or something? So you can snipe him out of the sky in two hits? Lmao. That's fun? You just wanna see him get blown up everytime he spawns? Or knocked down and quadruple teamed by lightsaber people and killed in seconds? That's the way it was before. And with lame flight patterns finn would easily go back to sniping him with his only useful ability. Dead eye. Which takes absolutely no skill to use simply because you don't even barely need to aim. Automatic lock on. Seems legit man. Your argument needs to be reevaluated.

    This post hurt my eyes

    Said what I needed too man. Just frustrated with these discussions lately. Everything is negative this, negative that. Nerf this nerf that. Game sucks this. Game sucks that. Like just play the damn game and see what works and what doesn't work.
  • NomiSunstrider
    3724 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    KaPowaFie wrote: »
    KaPowaFie wrote: »
    Get rid of boba and EA can count another subtraction to their total players playing their game. I'm a badass fett, and skill characters require skill. If you wanna go fett and think you're all good because you picked him and he has cheap abilities go ahead. But, when it comes down to strategy and being ACTUALLY good with someone and playing that character for the last two games and being apart of the 501st by having an amazing cosplay as him as well? Don't touch my character or say nothing about my character. He's fine the way he is. And I'm pretty sure it's not HvV. Ive played hvv throughout both games. People that run aren't a mandolorian. Those players dont deserve to even pick fett with that gameplay style. Cowardice. I feel why you're mad at players that do that. But for players that dont? Dont you dare discredit us. Good fetts know to be aggressive and use tactics and strategy to outmaneuver other players, flight patterns, aim, etc. And last games HvV was totally fine and the infantry would do even better now unlike last game when I could wipe the floor with them as any hero. If they switched hvv to how it used to be . 6v6 3 infantry per side. 1 life per hero. Its force people with heroes to be more strategic and not just charge out to see what they can do with random abilities like his rockets. I will say this. There are usually a shi ton of bad bobas. Next , if you think he's annoying because of his jetpack meet me on xbox battlefront 2015 and I'll show you I dont need that thing to kick someone's *****. The ee3 in the last game was a skill gun to those who could aim and press the right trigger more flippin fast than anyone else could. With great talent comes great reward. Not everything should be about lightsaber freaks man. I'm happy he can counter them cause all the rest of the gun uses at this point cant anymore thanks to EA. And you still want him nerfed. May I remind you how frustrating it was without the air recovery? Every time I'd get hit by any force push off edge? Dead. Anytime wookies even BASIC wookies hit me with like a regular bolt? Lmao. Fallen down. Tried to fly back up? Nope! Fallen back down. Frustrating asf dude! That's why they did it ! Doesn't need change or hes back to garbage. Next , his rockets could do a little less damage? I'd be fine with that? His jetpack is fine the way it is. His concussion is absolutely useless. His air dodges were to help him not get shot out of the sky once again because of ***** shi on other characters. Stop trying to ruin a great character In the star wars franchise to the point where he is unplayable because of all the nerfs you'd like to see him have because of your own selfish desires because you cant beat the guy. You want infinite power shot lando back or something? So you can snipe him out of the sky in two hits? Lmao. That's fun? You just wanna see him get blown up everytime he spawns? Or knocked down and quadruple teamed by lightsaber people and killed in seconds? That's the way it was before. And with lame flight patterns finn would easily go back to sniping him with his only useful ability. Dead eye. Which takes absolutely no skill to use simply because you don't even barely need to aim. Automatic lock on. Seems legit man. Your argument needs to be reevaluated.

    This post hurt my eyes

    Said what I needed too man. Just frustrated with these discussions lately. Everything is negative this, negative that. Nerf this nerf that. Game sucks this. Game sucks that. Like just play the damn game and see what works and what doesn't work.

    I mean you should organize your text better. It is rly hard on the eyes.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

  • KaPowaFie wrote: »
    KaPowaFie wrote: »
    Get rid of boba and EA can count another subtraction to their total players playing their game. I'm a badass fett, and skill characters require skill. If you wanna go fett and think you're all good because you picked him and he has cheap abilities go ahead. But, when it comes down to strategy and being ACTUALLY good with someone and playing that character for the last two games and being apart of the 501st by having an amazing cosplay as him as well? Don't touch my character or say nothing about my character. He's fine the way he is. And I'm pretty sure it's not HvV. Ive played hvv throughout both games. People that run aren't a mandolorian. Those players dont deserve to even pick fett with that gameplay style. Cowardice. I feel why you're mad at players that do that. But for players that dont? Dont you dare discredit us. Good fetts know to be aggressive and use tactics and strategy to outmaneuver other players, flight patterns, aim, etc. And last games HvV was totally fine and the infantry would do even better now unlike last game when I could wipe the floor with them as any hero. If they switched hvv to how it used to be . 6v6 3 infantry per side. 1 life per hero. Its force people with heroes to be more strategic and not just charge out to see what they can do with random abilities like his rockets. I will say this. There are usually a shi ton of bad bobas. Next , if you think he's annoying because of his jetpack meet me on xbox battlefront 2015 and I'll show you I dont need that thing to kick someone's *****. The ee3 in the last game was a skill gun to those who could aim and press the right trigger more flippin fast than anyone else could. With great talent comes great reward. Not everything should be about lightsaber freaks man. I'm happy he can counter them cause all the rest of the gun uses at this point cant anymore thanks to EA. And you still want him nerfed. May I remind you how frustrating it was without the air recovery? Every time I'd get hit by any force push off edge? Dead. Anytime wookies even BASIC wookies hit me with like a regular bolt? Lmao. Fallen down. Tried to fly back up? Nope! Fallen back down. Frustrating asf dude! That's why they did it ! Doesn't need change or hes back to garbage. Next , his rockets could do a little less damage? I'd be fine with that? His jetpack is fine the way it is. His concussion is absolutely useless. His air dodges were to help him not get shot out of the sky once again because of ***** shi on other characters. Stop trying to ruin a great character In the star wars franchise to the point where he is unplayable because of all the nerfs you'd like to see him have because of your own selfish desires because you cant beat the guy. You want infinite power shot lando back or something? So you can snipe him out of the sky in two hits? Lmao. That's fun? You just wanna see him get blown up everytime he spawns? Or knocked down and quadruple teamed by lightsaber people and killed in seconds? That's the way it was before. And with lame flight patterns finn would easily go back to sniping him with his only useful ability. Dead eye. Which takes absolutely no skill to use simply because you don't even barely need to aim. Automatic lock on. Seems legit man. Your argument needs to be reevaluated.

    This post hurt my eyes

    Said what I needed too man. Just frustrated with these discussions lately. Everything is negative this, negative that. Nerf this nerf that. Game sucks this. Game sucks that. Like just play the damn game and see what works and what doesn't work.

    I mean you should organize your text better. It is rly hard on the eyes.

    You've probably read longer in life. I think you'll be fine. But, it takes this much explanation for people to understand things sometimes.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    KaPowaFie wrote: »
    KaPowaFie wrote: »
    Get rid of boba and EA can count another subtraction to their total players playing their game. I'm a badass fett, and skill characters require skill. If you wanna go fett and think you're all good because you picked him and he has cheap abilities go ahead. But, when it comes down to strategy and being ACTUALLY good with someone and playing that character for the last two games and being apart of the 501st by having an amazing cosplay as him as well? Don't touch my character or say nothing about my character. He's fine the way he is. And I'm pretty sure it's not HvV. Ive played hvv throughout both games. People that run aren't a mandolorian. Those players dont deserve to even pick fett with that gameplay style. Cowardice. I feel why you're mad at players that do that. But for players that dont? Dont you dare discredit us. Good fetts know to be aggressive and use tactics and strategy to outmaneuver other players, flight patterns, aim, etc. And last games HvV was totally fine and the infantry would do even better now unlike last game when I could wipe the floor with them as any hero. If they switched hvv to how it used to be . 6v6 3 infantry per side. 1 life per hero. Its force people with heroes to be more strategic and not just charge out to see what they can do with random abilities like his rockets. I will say this. There are usually a shi ton of bad bobas. Next , if you think he's annoying because of his jetpack meet me on xbox battlefront 2015 and I'll show you I dont need that thing to kick someone's *****. The ee3 in the last game was a skill gun to those who could aim and press the right trigger more flippin fast than anyone else could. With great talent comes great reward. Not everything should be about lightsaber freaks man. I'm happy he can counter them cause all the rest of the gun uses at this point cant anymore thanks to EA. And you still want him nerfed. May I remind you how frustrating it was without the air recovery? Every time I'd get hit by any force push off edge? Dead. Anytime wookies even BASIC wookies hit me with like a regular bolt? Lmao. Fallen down. Tried to fly back up? Nope! Fallen back down. Frustrating asf dude! That's why they did it ! Doesn't need change or hes back to garbage. Next , his rockets could do a little less damage? I'd be fine with that? His jetpack is fine the way it is. His concussion is absolutely useless. His air dodges were to help him not get shot out of the sky once again because of ***** shi on other characters. Stop trying to ruin a great character In the star wars franchise to the point where he is unplayable because of all the nerfs you'd like to see him have because of your own selfish desires because you cant beat the guy. You want infinite power shot lando back or something? So you can snipe him out of the sky in two hits? Lmao. That's fun? You just wanna see him get blown up everytime he spawns? Or knocked down and quadruple teamed by lightsaber people and killed in seconds? That's the way it was before. And with lame flight patterns finn would easily go back to sniping him with his only useful ability. Dead eye. Which takes absolutely no skill to use simply because you don't even barely need to aim. Automatic lock on. Seems legit man. Your argument needs to be reevaluated.

    This post hurt my eyes

    Said what I needed too man. Just frustrated with these discussions lately. Everything is negative this, negative that. Nerf this nerf that. Game sucks this. Game sucks that. Like just play the damn game and see what works and what doesn't work.

    If we list what actually works, it will be a short list.

    Tbh it's sort of sad? But I dont play it very much anymore. I'm waiting for more content. I feel like this games really missing the fun feel like it used to have on the first game. Sure it was dorky and had stupid roll jumps and jetpack spins lol which looked unnatural as hell. But, that arcade like feel made that first game fun plus all the stupidity in the emotes. I find myself trying to instigate more on this game to spark competition because at least that's still fun for the second game. I've been playing overwatch lately and its actually pretty fun. But, I'll probably get back to battlefront once they do start doing things and bringing in content.
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    Royox wrote: »
    Han can 3 shot Bobba. Finn can 5 shot Bobba. Chewie can have it falling nonstop to the ground for other heroes to finish him in melee, Ani can pull and stunlock him, Lando can melt him with his blaster, Leia can protect herself and the team against the missiles with the bubble.

    Bobbas are hit and run, just wait then to come, fire at them from distance and watch them flying away scared like flies.
    Boba air recovers too quickly from Anakin’s pull and from everything else.

    In those rare moments when you have a window to hit Boba with a lightsaber, he can dodge out of it as well as or better than anyone. And once he’s done that, he can do what no other can, which is FLY AWAY. And he damage you while doing so.

    I shouldn’t have to be a blaster because of one character. That’s the epitome of unbalanced.

    I agree about his Air recovery. He shouldn’t have it. However I completely disagree with that last thing you said. Counters are there to develop a sense of strategy in the game and players are encouraged to take advantage of this. And that is a good thing. All heroes have advantages and weaknesses and one has to adapt. Otherwise it wouldn’t really matter what you pick. Palpatine is quite similar, Jedi have a hard time taking him down. Any blaster hero can do it in seconds.
  • CC_1010 wrote: »
    Removing a character that works completely as intended shouldn't be removed. People that know how to use him shouldn't lose the chance to play that character because they're spoiling your glowstick battles.

    “Working as intended” is no excuse for nonexistent balance. A good boba is god tier and untouchable.

    Just use Finn.

    Actually Chewy can be easier to stop him! Just save overheat until he gets close and.........

    zf72i7yixq0y.gif
  • What's funny is all those people asking for Jango Fett to be added. Can you imagine two of them at the same time?

    How is that any different than Luke and Anakin running around?

    Yeah maybe forward jet pack speed should be reduced slightly and rocket damage, but then boba and jango should get better accuracy or more damage for main blasters and boba get an improved concussion missile.

    All they have to do to balance adding Jango is bring in like a Clone Trooper hero like REX that has dual pistols and essentially works like a BUFFED ARC TROOPER that maybe also gets a thermal detonator like Han to blast people out of the sky. Maybe even improve the damage drop of distance too. Balanced.
  • What's funny is all those people asking for Jango Fett to be added. Can you imagine two of them at the same time?

    How is that any different than Luke and Anakin running around?

    Yeah maybe forward jet pack speed should be reduced slightly and rocket damage, but then boba and jango should get better accuracy or more damage for main blasters and boba get an improved concussion missile.

    All they have to do to balance adding Jango is bring in like a Clone Trooper hero like REX that has dual pistols and essentially works like a BUFFED ARC TROOPER that maybe also gets a thermal detonator like Han to blast people out of the sky. Maybe even improve the damage drop of distance too. Balanced.

    Ok, I'll bite - "Luke and Anakin running around" is just that. Two Fett's diving in while you are locked up in lightsaber combat and flying away when you try to retaliate is enough to provoke insanity. The ARC Trooper is Rex in all but name and armor and has no place in HvV. Another thing the game does not need is more characters with thermal detonators.
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    Don’t care what the Boba apologists say. No character should be this overpowered.

    Devs, if you can’t see how unfair this character is then there’s a problem. Let me know if you need me to explain, but it’s pretty obvious.


    This video accurately sums up the entire thread. I salute your movie reference talent.
  • Likely you are already playing a top tier hero that can dominate all other heroes, except Fett.

    If one is playing a blaster hero and gets wrecked by Anakin, they should switch to Vader or comparable. So having to switch is not uncommon. Unless you simple stick to hero type all the time.

    On Xbox I rarely see Boba in top 5. Even more rare is top 2. I have seen him in the 1st spot just few times.

    Most of the time Boba ends up in 6th to 8th place. Hit and run tactics are his bread and butter. The run part just doesn't do enough damage, if any, to gain score or eliminations. No matter how it feels when you are in the middle of the hit part, most of the time Boba is jus causing chaos and not much else.

    The likes of Vader, Luke, Kylo and Anakin just to name a few, are consistently on the top for score and eliminations.

  • Wallofman wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    Don’t care what the Boba apologists say. No character should be this overpowered.

    Devs, if you can’t see how unfair this character is then there’s a problem. Let me know if you need me to explain, but it’s pretty obvious.

    You must not be a very good player then. I killed Boba multiple times last night as Anakin. Good players know how to over come. Maybe you should stop crying and keep practicing.

    Maybe try strategy and not just button mashing,

    You must be killing bad Boba's & you are.
  • CC_1010 wrote: »
    Removing a character that works completely as intended shouldn't be removed. People that know how to use him shouldn't lose the chance to play that character because they're spoiling your glowstick battles.

    “Working as intended” is no excuse for nonexistent balance. A good boba is god tier and untouchable.

    We better get smarter, the only nice thing of not having a target system is you no longer need to chase Boba. If your teammates were smart, one would pick Leia and they would protect her. Leia is a nice counter to Bossk, Phasma and Boba, but siths can destroy her without teammates around.

    Please DICE, keep forcing us to use our brain.
  • Wallofman wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    Don’t care what the Boba apologists say. No character should be this overpowered.

    Devs, if you can’t see how unfair this character is then there’s a problem. Let me know if you need me to explain, but it’s pretty obvious.

    You must not be a very good player then. I killed Boba multiple times last night as Anakin. Good players know how to over come. Maybe you should stop crying and keep practicing.

    Maybe try strategy and not just button mashing,

    The “good player” aspect goes both ways.

    I’m sure you’re very good. Probably top tier. Who knows.

    A good Ani will beat a bad Boba, without question. But, what happens when the Boba is good? A good Boba understands how to play around Ani; what distance to keep from the Ani so Recovery will activate if he gets pulled, keep track of cooldowns, ensure to not fly directly overhead to avoid jump slashes, etc.

    So, we have a Boba that you can’t pull, can’t hit with HM, and you’re not hitting with regular slashes. You’re forced to either chase (lol) or divert your attention elsewhere. You can pressure the Boba and keep his attention, but you’re not going to kill him.

    There’s not much an Ani can do agaisnt a good Boba. The Boba will simply kite and deal poke damage.

    Also, I killed multiple Ani’s with Boba last night. Not really a sound argument.

    Actually you are wrong, it is easy to deal with Boba, especially as Anakin. You ignore him. You can easily avoid a good Boba. You stay under cover, stay inside, etc. Take away his advantage. Since there is no more target system, you take the fight inside and kill the other 3 villains. That is what we did last night. Avoid Boba, take it inside, and force the Boba player into a situation he is not as effective. Then you kill him. If I am fighting inside the cantina, even the best Boba will be limited in what he can do. It's called playing smart.

    I am an avg player, not great. All the heroes/villains have a counter, if you are smart enough to figure it out. Depends on the map, the playing style, etc. You might have to switch players, but there is always a counter.
  • So is Boba a counter to saber heroes?

    Is this why some people are so upset?

    There might be a counter to their favorite hero?

    They can't consistently get Boba with force powers?

    Can I come up with any more questions? .....not right now.
  • Wallofman wrote: »
    Wallofman wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    Don’t care what the Boba apologists say. No character should be this overpowered.

    Devs, if you can’t see how unfair this character is then there’s a problem. Let me know if you need me to explain, but it’s pretty obvious.

    You must not be a very good player then. I killed Boba multiple times last night as Anakin. Good players know how to over come. Maybe you should stop crying and keep practicing.

    Maybe try strategy and not just button mashing,

    The “good player” aspect goes both ways.

    I’m sure you’re very good. Probably top tier. Who knows.

    A good Ani will beat a bad Boba, without question. But, what happens when the Boba is good? A good Boba understands how to play around Ani; what distance to keep from the Ani so Recovery will activate if he gets pulled, keep track of cooldowns, ensure to not fly directly overhead to avoid jump slashes, etc.

    So, we have a Boba that you can’t pull, can’t hit with HM, and you’re not hitting with regular slashes. You’re forced to either chase (lol) or divert your attention elsewhere. You can pressure the Boba and keep his attention, but you’re not going to kill him.

    There’s not much an Ani can do agaisnt a good Boba. The Boba will simply kite and deal poke damage.

    Also, I killed multiple Ani’s with Boba last night. Not really a sound argument.

    Actually you are wrong, it is easy to deal with Boba, especially as Anakin. You ignore him. You can easily avoid a good Boba. You stay under cover, stay inside, etc. Take away his advantage. Since there is no more target system, you take the fight inside and kill the other 3 villains. That is what we did last night. Avoid Boba, take it inside, and force the Boba player into a situation he is not as effective. Then you kill him. If I am fighting inside the cantina, even the best Boba will be limited in what he can do. It's called playing smart.

    I am an avg player, not great. All the heroes/villains have a counter, if you are smart enough to figure it out. Depends on the map, the playing style, etc. You might have to switch players, but there is always a counter.

    So in order to deal with a good,Boba go hide in the cantina? Lol sounds broken & you lost me at we. Don't tell me,you're in a premade stomping randoms.
  • Pigfoot wrote: »
    Wallofman wrote: »
    Wallofman wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    Don’t care what the Boba apologists say. No character should be this overpowered.

    Devs, if you can’t see how unfair this character is then there’s a problem. Let me know if you need me to explain, but it’s pretty obvious.

    You must not be a very good player then. I killed Boba multiple times last night as Anakin. Good players know how to over come. Maybe you should stop crying and keep practicing.

    Maybe try strategy and not just button mashing,

    The “good player” aspect goes both ways.

    I’m sure you’re very good. Probably top tier. Who knows.

    A good Ani will beat a bad Boba, without question. But, what happens when the Boba is good? A good Boba understands how to play around Ani; what distance to keep from the Ani so Recovery will activate if he gets pulled, keep track of cooldowns, ensure to not fly directly overhead to avoid jump slashes, etc.

    So, we have a Boba that you can’t pull, can’t hit with HM, and you’re not hitting with regular slashes. You’re forced to either chase (lol) or divert your attention elsewhere. You can pressure the Boba and keep his attention, but you’re not going to kill him.

    There’s not much an Ani can do agaisnt a good Boba. The Boba will simply kite and deal poke damage.

    Also, I killed multiple Ani’s with Boba last night. Not really a sound argument.

    Actually you are wrong, it is easy to deal with Boba, especially as Anakin. You ignore him. You can easily avoid a good Boba. You stay under cover, stay inside, etc. Take away his advantage. Since there is no more target system, you take the fight inside and kill the other 3 villains. That is what we did last night. Avoid Boba, take it inside, and force the Boba player into a situation he is not as effective. Then you kill him. If I am fighting inside the cantina, even the best Boba will be limited in what he can do. It's called playing smart.

    I am an avg player, not great. All the heroes/villains have a counter, if you are smart enough to figure it out. Depends on the map, the playing style, etc. You might have to switch players, but there is always a counter.

    So in order to deal with a good,Boba go hide in the cantina? Lol sounds broken & you lost me at we. Don't tell me,you're in a premade stomping randoms.

    would love to see his big brains strats on star killer base lmao
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
Sign In or Register to comment.