criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Remove Boba Fett from HvV

Replies

• Pigfoot wrote: »
    Wallofman wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    Don’t care what the Boba apologists say. No character should be this overpowered.

Devs, if you can’t see how unfair this character is then there’s a problem. Let me know if you need me to explain, but it’s pretty obvious.

You must not be a very good player then. I killed Boba multiple times last night as Anakin. Good players know how to over come. Maybe you should stop crying and keep practicing.

Maybe try strategy and not just button mashing,

The “good player” aspect goes both ways.

I’m sure you’re very good. Probably top tier. Who knows.

A good Ani will beat a bad Boba, without question. But, what happens when the Boba is good? A good Boba understands how to play around Ani; what distance to keep from the Ani so Recovery will activate if he gets pulled, keep track of cooldowns, ensure to not fly directly overhead to avoid jump slashes, etc.

So, we have a Boba that you can’t pull, can’t hit with HM, and you’re not hitting with regular slashes. You’re forced to either chase (lol) or divert your attention elsewhere. You can pressure the Boba and keep his attention, but you’re not going to kill him.

There’s not much an Ani can do agaisnt a good Boba. The Boba will simply kite and deal poke damage.

Also, I killed multiple Ani’s with Boba last night. Not really a sound argument.

Actually you are wrong, it is easy to deal with Boba, especially as Anakin. You ignore him. You can easily avoid a good Boba. You stay under cover, stay inside, etc. Take away his advantage. Since there is no more target system, you take the fight inside and kill the other 3 villains. That is what we did last night. Avoid Boba, take it inside, and force the Boba player into a situation he is not as effective. Then you kill him. If I am fighting inside the cantina, even the best Boba will be limited in what he can do. It's called playing smart.

I am an avg player, not great. All the heroes/villains have a counter, if you are smart enough to figure it out. Depends on the map, the playing style, etc. You might have to switch players, but there is always a counter.

So in order to deal with a good,Boba go hide in the cantina? Lol sounds broken & you lost me at we. Don't tell me,you're in a premade stomping randoms.

When I say we, I mean as a team. Does not mean party. I guess it is not possible for randoms to be on the same page? Besides, if you want to win, you do what you need to.

In my opinion Boba players are scrubs anyway. They need the jet pack to stay away from danger....you know hide as you put it. They need rockets, and they need to be able to get away quick. The players that need a crutch play as Boba.
  • Wallofman wrote: »
    Don’t care what the Boba apologists say. No character should be this overpowered.

Devs, if you can’t see how unfair this character is then there’s a problem. Let me know if you need me to explain, but it’s pretty obvious.

You must not be a very good player then. I killed Boba multiple times last night as Anakin. Good players know how to over come. Maybe you should stop crying and keep practicing.

A good Ani will beat a bad Boba, without question. But, what happens when the Boba is good? A good Boba understands how to play around Ani; what distance to keep from the Ani so Recovery will activate if he gets pulled, keep track of cooldowns, ensure to not fly directly overhead to avoid jump slashes, etc.

So, we have a Boba that you can’t pull, can’t hit with HM, and you’re not hitting with regular slashes. You’re forced to either chase (lol) or divert your attention elsewhere. You can pressure the Boba and keep his attention, but you’re not going to kill him.

There’s not much an Ani can do agaisnt a good Boba. The Boba will simply kite and deal poke damage.

Also, I killed multiple Ani’s with Boba last night. Not really a sound argument.

Actually you are wrong, it is easy to deal with Boba, especially as Anakin. You ignore him. You can easily avoid a good Boba. You stay under cover, stay inside, etc. Take away his advantage. Since there is no more target system, you take the fight inside and kill the other 3 villains. That is what we did last night. Avoid Boba, take it inside, and force the Boba player into a situation he is not as effective. Then you kill him. If I am fighting inside the cantina, even the best Boba will be limited in what he can do. It's called playing smart.

I am an avg player, not great. All the heroes/villains have a counter, if you are smart enough to figure it out. Depends on the map, the playing style, etc. You might have to switch players, but there is always a counter.

yes because nothing screams balance like oh look its Boba better go run and hide inside! what happens when you play on a map like star killer hm?
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN: unit900000 Xbox gamer tag: MetaltronXII
    Pigfoot wrote: »

So in order to deal with a good,Boba go hide in the cantina? Lol sounds broken & you lost me at we. Don't tell me,you're in a premade stomping randoms.

When I say we, I mean as a team. Does not mean party. I guess it is not possible for randoms to be on the same page? Besides, if you want to win, you do what you need to.

In my opinion Boba players are scrubs anyway. They need the jet pack to stay away from danger....you know hide as you put it. They need rockets, and they need to be able to get away quick. The players that need a crutch play as Boba.

Lol
  • Wallofman
    1195 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    unit900000 wrote: »

would love to see his big brains strats on star killer base lmao

Starkiller is an easy place to deal with Boba. Use Han. There is enough stuff to roll behind and his DL44 deals good damage. Plus when Boba is dumb enough to get too close the air burst on the detonite is very effective. Good blaster Hero players can easily deal with Boba.

Stay inside? What is your tactic then for:

1. Starkiller Base
    2. Endor
    3. Naboo
    4. Yavin IV
    5. Jakku
    6. Hoth
    7. Geonosis
    8. Kamino
    9. Takodana
    10. Mos Eisley

Most maps typically don’t have a place to avoid Boba, and you shouldn’t avoid him really. Like you said, everyone has counters and Boba has 5: Han, Chewie, Finn, Leia and Lando. Based on the level of coordination of your team, pick your blaster hero accordingly. If it’s very coordinated and you play together, go for any of the 5, otherwise, just stick to Han and Chewie.
  • unit900000 wrote: »

yes because nothing screams balance like oh look its Boba better go run and hide inside! what happens when you play on a map like star killer hm?

Hmmm, I do not think you are a very intelligent person. If you can get your team all together inside a building it forces the other 3 villains to come attack, then you out number them. The Boba player is rendered ineffective. You really have not thought out your responses very well.

Hmmm, I do not think you are a very intelligent person. If you can get your team all together inside a building it forces the other 3 villains to come attack, then you out number them. The Boba player is rendered ineffective. You really have not thought out your responses very well.

The problem is most maps don’t have indoors spaces. And places like the Cantina in Mos Eisley don’t count. No team would ever fall back to such a small place with reduced mobility.
  • Never going to happen.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif

What makes you think Boba is ineffective indoors. He still has his blaster, rocket barrage, the second best dodge and concussion rocket. Oh and can still fly btw, but not as high.
    You really have not thought this through either.

When he is inside you can easily attack him. Since he cannot fly as high you can easily land lightsaber strikes on him. I have also found rockets are not as effective. Generally inside there are obstacles in the way which help shield you. I have thought this through very well. I use this tactic whenever there is a good Boba player. Bad players you do not have to worry about too much.

Don't hate on me because I am smart enough to not allow one character to ruin the game. I figured out how to counter him and kill him instead of crying about it. Problem is, people are too stubborn to change. They play one, maybe two different characters and that is it. They cannot bring themselves to alter their game plan. Sometimes you have to come in a Finn if that is what the situation calls for.
  • WarfareKiller41
    7289 posts Member
    edited September 2019

What makes you think Boba is ineffective indoors. He still has his blaster, rocket barrage, the second best dodge and concussion rocket. Oh and can still fly btw, but not as high.

When he is inside you can easily attack him. Since he cannot fly as high you can easily land lightsaber strikes on him. I have also found rockets are not as effective. Generally inside there are obstacles in the way which help shield you. I have thought this through very well. I use this tactic whenever there is a good Boba player. Bad players you do not have to worry about too much.

Don't hate on me because I am smart enough to not allow one character to ruin the game. I figured out how to counter him and kill him instead of crying about it. Problem is, people are too stubborn to change. They play one, maybe two different characters and that is it. They cannot bring themselves to alter their game plan. Sometimes you have to come in a Finn if that is what the situation calls for.
    Lol this tactic literally only works on bad Boba players. I play Boba on Jabba's Palace and even the best saber players I've seen rarely touch me.
    Also a good Boba obliterates any Finn player any day.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • anidriX wrote: »
    Royox wrote: »
    Han can 3 shot Bobba. Finn can 5 shot Bobba. Chewie can have it falling nonstop to the ground for other heroes to finish him in melee, Ani can pull and stunlock him, Lando can melt him with his blaster, Leia can protect herself and the team against the missiles with the bubble.

Bobbas are hit and run, just wait then to come, fire at them from distance and watch them flying away scared like flies.
    Boba air recovers too quickly from Anakin’s pull and from everything else.

In those rare moments when you have a window to hit Boba with a lightsaber, he can dodge out of it as well as or better than anyone. And once he’s done that, he can do what no other can, which is FLY AWAY. And he damage you while doing so.

I shouldn’t have to be a blaster because of one character. That’s the epitome of unbalanced.

I agree about his Air recovery. He shouldn’t have it. However I completely disagree with that last thing you said. Counters are there to develop a sense of strategy in the game and players are encouraged to take advantage of this. And that is a good thing. All heroes have advantages and weaknesses and one has to adapt. Otherwise it wouldn’t really matter what you pick. Palpatine is quite similar, Jedi have a hard time taking him down. Any blaster hero can do it in seconds.

But that's not true in this game. You don't need special counters to beat anyone on the LS. Why do you need it for Boba?
  • The_Rookie
    3870 posts Member
    edited September 2019

@Wallofman

I can't begin to tell you how impressed I am that you killed some bad Bobas with Anakin.

Please, 1v1 me with lightsabers. See how long it takes you to quit.
  • Boba's Strength is open spaces when you get killed as a force user in a open space with boba you should not complain. Boba is somewhat unbalanced. The Rocket barrage just needs damage lowered to about 450/500 with maxed out cards. His COncussion rocket needs damage added onto it and his EE-3 is fine as is For The Hunt.
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• Billkwando wrote: »

The irony here is delicious.

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/comment/1211948/#Comment_1211948

I believe I told you all to be careful what you wished for. You do realize that this is the direct result of you and your buddies whining for a year, giving the devs cover to remove the Target System (since they refused to fix it) and leading directly to this. They never would have made these changes if we still had the Target System, and had to chase Boba all over the map.

Not that I disagree with you on the state of Boba currently, but if everyone had listened to me about killswitching Boba then, we might have a much better HvV experience.

Instead, the whiners (who I believe to be a vocal minority) "won", and Boba rules the skies.

Why don't you all give yourselves a big pat on the back?

Congrats.

I never 'whined' about anything. The target system needed to go because exploiting should not be rewarded. Plain and simple.

I've said plenty of times that Boba should be killswitched. It's just most apparent now.

Mos Eisly has tons of cover from buildings in the alleyways, etc. You don't have to hide in the cantina.
  • DiamondxStyles
    2323 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Still not seeing what's wrong with Boba Fett. Get a good Han and cover him with Luke and Obi Wan. If you really have no players on your team that are as skilled at shooting as the enemy Boba, just run full saber. Obi Wan, Yoda, Luke/Rey, Anakin.

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• DiamondxStyles
    2323 posts Member
    edited September 2019

@Wallofman

I can't begin to tell you how impressed I am that you killed some bad Bobas with Anakin.

If you have Xbox I'd like your gamertag. We can go until you get bored. I love doing Saber vs Shooter Fett. My gamertag is my name

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

Lol this tactic literally only works on bad Boba players. I play Boba on Jabba's Palace and even the best saber players I've seen rarely touch me.

Then I must not have ever encountered a good Boba. Everything I have mentioned has worked against the Bobas I play against.

It is funny, I kill a Boba you guys "oh he must be a bad Boba" well then there must not be any good ones around then.
  • Is this even a real request? Remove Boba?

Anakin was not removed when he dominated every single match. Every single match from GA to HVV. He was so ridiculously over powered. They just kept fine tuning him to reach an exceptable level.

I don't think Boba is even a top tier hero let alone extremely overpowered. A top tier hero can excel in all situations. Boba can not.

Do you really expect them to remove Boba who rarely makes it into the top spots for score?

This is so ridiculous.

1.) Of course it's a real request.

2.) Anakin was nerfed to the point that he's close to balanced, and his ability to kill Boba was taken away.

3.) Good Bobas finish at the top by a wide margin.
  • lerodemmy wrote: »

@Wallofman

If you have Xbox I'd like your gamertag. We can go until you get bored. I love doing Saber vs Shooter Fett. My gamertag is my name

I haven't played on Xbox in like six months. The controller isn't as natural to me and I don't know if I'd be any good.
    anidriX wrote: »
    Han can 3 shot Bobba. Finn can 5 shot Bobba. Chewie can have it falling nonstop to the ground for other heroes to finish him in melee, Ani can pull and stunlock him, Lando can melt him with his blaster, Leia can protect herself and the team against the missiles with the bubble.

Bobbas are hit and run, just wait then to come, fire at them from distance and watch them flying away scared like flies.

In those rare moments when you have a window to hit Boba with a lightsaber, he can dodge out of it as well as or better than anyone. And once he’s done that, he can do what no other can, which is FLY AWAY. And he damage you while doing so.

I shouldn’t have to be a blaster because of one character. That’s the epitome of unbalanced.

I agree about his Air recovery. He shouldn’t have it. However I completely disagree with that last thing you said. Counters are there to develop a sense of strategy in the game and players are encouraged to take advantage of this. And that is a good thing. All heroes have advantages and weaknesses and one has to adapt. Otherwise it wouldn’t really matter what you pick. Palpatine is quite similar, Jedi have a hard time taking him down. Any blaster hero can do it in seconds.

But that's not true in this game. You don't need special counters to beat anyone on the LS. Why do you need it for Boba?

No? What happens when you 1v1 Phasma as a Lightsaber? What happens when you go head on against a blaster with Palpatine.
    Lightsaber heroes have a very hard time catching Boba due to his mobility. As a trade off he has the lowest HP for a hero (600) and the lowest HP regen for a hero (150). Furthermore, his barrage needs to impact within a 1.5 meter radius for it to deal full damage otherwise it does very reduced damage which makes him need to get up close. His blaster also doesn’t have good range which is another reason to get up close. So there is a certain balance to it. We agree that the Air Recovery should be removed (but keep Air dodge) but if a Boba is causing trouble, the answer is switch to a blaster hero.
    The above is the reason why I am against a nerf to his barrage with a buff to his blaster range. The character with the best mobility in the game should not be able to snipe people from afar.
  • DiamondxStyles
    2323 posts Member
    edited September 2019

Then I must not have ever encountered a good Boba. Everything I have mentioned has worked against the Bobas I play against.

It is funny, I kill a Boba you guys "oh he must be a bad Boba" well then there must not be any good ones around then.

I can vouch for SadderJoker and WarfareKiller being a high tier Boba players. Certainly, they will hardly get caught by me (saber), but they have not a chance in hell at doing anything 1 on 1, and neither do I, because they will stay out of proximity to my abilities 90% of the time. So it's an impasse until teammates arrive. Not seeing how an impasse is OP. Neither party is doing anything effective.

Teammates are what turn Boba volatile. Finn will certainly get killed. Deadeye is an easy cooldown to read.

Han Solo will do the trick though

• If only my boy @Legolas79391 wasn't banned. He has a max level boba & even he thinks he needs a nerf

No? What happens when you 1v1 Phasma as a Lightsaber? What happens when you go head on against a blaster with Palpatine.
    Lightsaber heroes have a very hard time catching Boba due to his mobility. As a trade off he has the lowest HP for a hero (600) and the lowest HP regen for a hero (150). Furthermore, his barrage needs to impact within a 1.5 meter radius for it to deal full damage otherwise it does very reduced damage which makes him need to get up close. His blaster also doesn’t have good range which is another reason to get up close. So there is a certain balance to it. We agree that the Air Recovery should be removed (but keep Air dodge) but if a Boba is causing trouble, the answer is switch to a blaster hero.
    The above is the reason why I am against a nerf to his barrage with a buff to his blaster range. The character with the best mobility in the game should not be able to snipe people from afar.

What happens is you take 5 minutes to attrition them. A long and boring match. Phasma will get dominated unless she's camping in a tight area with no vertical jump height

@Wallofman

I haven't played on Xbox in like six months. The controller isn't as natural to me and I don't know if I'd be any good.

I see. Well If you'd like to warm up and do the challenge, then you know to message DiamondxStyles. I've done this challenge many times in the past. Boba is a fun one to 1v1 with sabers because he's hardest to catch

At the moment, I feel that Phasma has an advantage against Jedi 1v1. That's mostly because she now drains blocking stamina so quickly. Previously, I think Jedi had the advantage. Even still, she's very beatable.

Palpatine has a bigger advantage, but he's still much more beatable than Boba. I've said many times that he's overpowered against Jedi. Among other things, his regular attacks should absolutely not cause a stagger.

EDIT: You asked about blaster vs. Palpatine. A good blaster user will beat him. However, he's still very capable of causing problems for those blasters. What problems do Jedi cause for Boba?
  • MC_XIX wrote: »
    Where's the LOL button when you need it? This topic would easily have 30 LOL reactions and the same number of agrees.

Very bad topic. A character should only be removed from a mode as a last resort, like Palps was. Boba is not an issue for most players and he requires a lot of practice to master.

I guess it's settled now that the most unbiased user has weighed in.
  • Boba was a problem with a skilled player before he got his air recovery. Boba has complete air superiority among all heroes. No one else even flies.

Boba’s can be beat, but really the proper statement is, Good Boba players, and below, can be beat. The top tier Boba players are ridiculous.

The LS needs a flyer.

Air recovery was a mistake.
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    Where's the LOL button when you need it? This topic would easily have 30 LOL reactions and the same number of agrees.

Very bad topic. A character should only be removed from a mode as a last resort, like Palps was. Boba is not an issue for most players and he requires a lot of practice to master.

I guess it's settled now that the most unbiased user has weighed in.

Coming from you, Mrs Ridley, I'll take that as a compliment 😉

I was commenting in general that it's senseless to remove any character, especially if said character has perhaps the highest skill ceiling in the game.
    If only my boy @Legolas79391 wasn't banned. He has a max level boba & even he thinks he needs a nerf

A max level Boba you say :open_mouth:

And here I thought I had one of the highest at 870.
    Confidence born of ignorance
  • Boba was a problem with a skilled player before he got his air recovery. Boba has complete air superiority among all heroes. No one else even flies.

Boba’s can be beat, but really the proper statement is, Good Boba players, and below, can be beat. The top tier Boba players are ridiculous.

The LS needs a flyer.

Air recovery was a mistake.

Yup air recovery is a mistake. Didn't help him in GA at all yet made him op in HvV
    If only my boy @Legolas79391 wasn't banned. He has a max level boba & even he thinks he needs a nerf

Yea lol he has his boba & lando max lol. Crazy good shooter on ps4
  • DiamondxStyles
    2323 posts Member
    edited September 2019

At the moment, I feel that Phasma has an advantage against Jedi 1v1. That's mostly because she now drains blocking stamina so quickly. Previously, I think Jedi had the advantage. Even still, she's very beatable.

Palpatine has a bigger advantage, but he's still much more beatable than Boba. I've said many times that he's overpowered against Jedi. Among other things, his regular attacks should absolutely not cause a stagger.

EDIT: You asked about blaster vs. Palpatine. A good blaster user will beat him. However, he's still very capable of causing problems for those blasters. What problems do Jedi cause for Boba?

Depends on the Jedi. If we were to fight, you would continually lock down my saber character after I take several dashes and steps forward at different laterals until my health gets taken to it's max regen limits. I'll just hold block till I get the regen back. At any point, If I see a barrage, I'll do a 2/3rds jump, and keep pressing forward. If I get close enough to my Extended Push Reach, I'll use it and repulse afterwards, then try for a swing. You'll recover and we will rinse repeat for 4 to 5 minutes. Depends on if you make a mistake.

If it's Anakin, you're probably dead unless you run the entire match. Attraction Pull leads to a 150 damage Heroic Might. I just keep doing this till match is over and rinse repeat the health regen and barrage timings.

As Obi Wan, Time RMT's after I count down the helmet touch animation of For the Hunt till I can hit you with an All Out Push. Likely result is a tie, but you'll never break my regen. All Out Push at least takes max health away, so Boba's gotta watch those, and use obstacles, because I'm timing it when RMT takes away air recovery.

Yoda can't be touched and has too much health to straight bull rush you with dashes and some blocking in between. You're just running for 5 minutes.

Rey sucks tbf

At 95% Look, 65% Zoom, and 8 deadzones, I recommend you don't try flying into my character's hitbox and getting behind me quickly. I can do a 180 faster than you can fly through me and get damage, and you're only exposing yourself at point blank range

Nice. I would have been there a while ago, but I decided to level Kylo and Vader to 200 when the levels were first added.

Sad.

Still, I think I’m the highest on Xbox. Not sure.
  • DiamondxStyles
    2323 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    In a 1v1, Boba isn't anything special aside from prolonging the match for 5 minutes till you tie. We'll likely tie ALOT, unless it's Anakin, and you aren't running fast enough.

Nice. I would have been there a while ago, but I decided to level Kylo and Vader to 200 when the levels were first added.

Sad.

What about Dutch Fett or Emptality? Haven't really seen their levels in a long time

What happens is you take 5 minutes to attrition them. A long and boring match. Phasma will get dominated unless she's camping in a tight area with no vertical jump height

Of course, it’s boring but that is Phasma’s playstyle. But Phasma can get up to 960hp while staying in a stun-able radius and if Phasma knows how to time her rolls, it’s gg for that Jedi. Pretty much why the LS suffers when they are a full saber team and the DS has a Phasma and 3 sabers that play by her turret. The answer is get a blaster and negate her turret. In a way, the same you have to do vs Boba.

Forget about stamina, that will get fixed. Phasma has a high HP Pool so it only takes a few well timed rolls and a stun to kill a Jedi 1v1.
    Of course, Palpatine can kill ANY blaster but not head on which is why I specified that in the first place. But that is not enough to say he has the advantage. Not to mention his chances drop heavily if his Chain Lightning is on cooldown.
    Sure, Jedi don’t necessarily cause Boba too much trouble but do remember that a single Jedi jump negates much of Boba’s Barrage Damage.

Of course, it’s boring but that is Phasma’s playstyle. But Phasma can get up to 960hp while staying in a stun-able radius and if Phasma knows how to time her rolls, it’s gg for that Jedi. Pretty much why the LS suffers when they are a full saber team and the DS has a Phasma and 3 sabers that play by her turret. The answer is get a blaster and negate her turret. In a way, the same you have to do vs Boba.

Forget about stamina, that will get fixed. Phasma has a high HP Pool so it only takes a few well timed rolls and a stun to kill a Jedi 1v1.
    Of course, Palpatine can kill ANY blaster but not head on which is why I specified that in the first place. But that is not enough to say he has the advantage. Not to mention his chances drop heavily if his Chain Lightning is on cooldown.
    Sure, Jedi don’t necessarily cause Boba too much trouble but do remember that a single Jedi jump negates much of Boba’s Barrage Damage.

High vertical ceiling, or closed area? In an area with a high vertical ceiling, she's dead 100% of the time against any lightsaber.

Luke can jump, negate stun, and swing four times before he jumps again to negate her stun, lands, gets four more swings. She doesn't have enough rolls to last against his spam.

Anakin and Obi Wan, Rey, and Yoda get three swings before they have to jump.

They don't even have to use abilities to kill her. They just keep jumping

In a closed area, idk, maybe Phasma has the better chance at winning. I can't speak on that, because I haven't done it

Sad.

What about Dutch Fett or Emptality? Haven't really seen their levels in a long time

Emp is ~650 and Dutch is ~800.

I know a couple other players that are between 750-800, but yet to see anyone over 850.

• DiamondxStyles
    2323 posts Member
    edited September 2019

Sad.

Emp is ~650 and Dutch is ~800.

I know a couple other players that are between 750-800, but yet to see anyone over 850.

Too bad they didn't give us the XP from our pre 40 cap time lol. You would probably be maxed by now.

And I'd have a max Yoda and Sidious

• Yes Boba is hilariously OP if you have above average aim, nevermind top tier

His supposed "counter" in blaster heroes all get easily sent to respawn screen in one rocket barrage + a burst or two from his gun (regardless of aiming skill, you can't outdamage ~900hp in about 2 seconds on a flying target) and once they're out of the way he can kite jedis and do slow but steady damage to them easily, and every time a teammate attacks them (even a bad one) you get easy shots into their back as they are forced to deal with the threat.

He's the go to I win button when I'm on a losing villains squad and usually results in a win.

High vertical ceiling, or closed area? In an area with a high vertical ceiling, she's dead 100% of the time against any lightsaber.

Luke can jump, negate stun, and swing four times before he jumps again to negate her stun, lands, gets four more swings. She doesn't have enough rolls to last against his spam.

In a closed area, idk, maybe Phasma has the better chance at winning. I can't speak on that, because I haven't done it

Your tactic doesn’t sound efficient. Remember you will be getting shot while jumping and the time it takes Phasma to roll twice is enough for another stun to kick in. In your scenario, Luke has to be accurately aware of the stuns timing to jump at precisely the right time while also manage to hit Phasma who is also shooting at you and can roll.
    The best way to do it is by ambushing. And the best candidates are Anakin with his Pull+HM combo or Rey with Dash Strike+Strikes. She will get stunned but by that time she will have dealt massive damage, enough to finish her of before the second stun.

• DiamondxStyles
    2323 posts Member
    edited September 2019

Your tactic doesn’t sound efficient. Remember you will be getting shot while jumping and the time it takes Phasma to roll twice is enough for another stun to kick in. In your scenario, Luke has to be accurately aware of the stuns timing to jump at precisely the right time while also manage to hit Phasma who is also shooting at you and can roll.
    The best way to do it is by ambushing. And the best candidates are Anakin with his Pull+HM combo or Rey with Dash Strike+Strikes. She will get stunned but by that time she will have dealt massive damage, enough to finish her of before the second stun.

If you think it's inefficient, we can try it till you get bored (unfortunately I think we're on different systems). Unless you have an aimbot, hitting someone as their jump is angled towards you and over your head is not going to net much damage. And even if it does somehow (mistake jumping over her head at the wrong angle or something), the Jedi have the option to simply back away, regen, and repeat.

You said Luke has to be accurately aware of the stun timings. Yes of course he does. I know how much jump height you need to get over without staying in the air too long. (And I play NBA 2K Lol; I'm good at timing the A button like a jumpshot). After you land, it's a simple: 1, 2, 3, 4 swing count before you jump again

Any smart person can do that.

If she is also shooting at you, then she can't roll. She can do one or the other. Shooting does less DPS than Luke's 4 saber swings, so that definitely won't work. And she only gets 2 rolls. By the time he has swung 4 times, and is executing his second jump, Phasma has either: Rolled once and ate 2 swings, or rolled twice and ate zero swings. By the time Luke hits the ground, Phasma will either have 1 roll (if she rolled twice) or 2 rolls (if she ate 2 swings) because of roll recharge. Meanwhile, Luke is spamming 4 more swings. Phasma's only options are to eat more swings, or get that Luke's health down enough for him to fall back.

And the problem with regen is that Jedi get more, have abilities as well (that I left out of course), and can back off at any time they got pushed to their max regen limits. Phasma is forced to sit wherever her droid is.

This is why an open Phasma is toast to any Jedi that can count to three and hold A long enough (or four count swings if Luke).

I'm always willing to participate in a fun challenge with any Boba or Phasma that thinks they have a chance against my lightsaber 1 on 1. I hear it often from high tier friends.

But Keep in mind: I'm not denying that it takes a minute, and a few times backing off to regain stamina and waste out her Health Boost ability, or use an ability against any good shot
    Post edited by DiamondxStyles on

• DiamondxStyles
    2323 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Yes Boba is hilariously OP if you have above average aim, nevermind top tier

His supposed "counter" in blaster heroes all get easily sent to respawn screen in one rocket barrage + a burst or two from his gun (regardless of aiming skill, you can't outdamage ~900hp in about 2 seconds on a flying target) and once they're out of the way he can kite jedis and do slow but steady damage to them easily, and every time a teammate attacks them (even a bad one) you get easy shots into their back as they are forced to deal with the threat.

He's the go to I win button when I'm on a losing villains squad and usually results in a win.

Yes, you aren't wrong, but you're trying to oversimplify it and omitting the enemy's responses.

Assuming everyone is top tier (because I don't care about talking scrub tier players):

You believe they "easily" get sent to respawn from a barrage.

Not true. You need a good Lightsaber Villain next to you to knock the Shooter with a Force power before you can hope to make it "easy". If you flew in too close, you can expect an Air Burst detonite to fly towards your face, if you got knocked and didn't get a lucky cover landing, you are dead without question. If you are flying out of his effective Detonite proximity to barrage, Han Solo can simply pop Broad Shoulders Charge which will negate 40% of whatever missiles manage to hit him while he's shoulder charging.

If you are both top tier shots, Han's blaster is far more deadly than yours. It's a tossup at this point, but you can't counter his detonite as effectively as he can counter your barrages.

Same goes for Chewie's charging frenzy slam. I'm not going to go over other shooters, because there is not much point in using other shooters besides Chewie or Han.

Obviously when factoring in teammates, anything can happen, and good Boba's try to wait for the teammate to CC or distract the enemy before wasting a barrage. Try it 1 on 1 and you're equalizing the factors

• this_old_mouse
    2316 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    I think that he should just get some nerfs. You do say that you’re against content removal, correct?
    PSN: this_old_mouse
  • I think that he should just get some nerfs. You do say that you’re against content removal, correct?
    Can they nerf him correctly, though? Will there ever be a time when he is not dominant against lightsabers?