criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Remove Boba Fett from HvV

Replies

• lerodemmy wrote: »
    Don’t care what the Boba apologists say. No character should be this overpowered.

Devs, if you can’t see how unfair this character is then there’s a problem. Let me know if you need me to explain, but it’s pretty obvious.

How many more over powered heroes would they need to remove if they remove Boba. Don't get me wrong, i can't stand playing against him but I also like playing as him. 😁
    GT (Xbox, PS4, PC): xxRustyRelicxx
  • DarthLando wrote: »
    A top tier Boba will affect a game significantly more so than any other character. It’s that simple. “Using Finn” might work versus randoms, but not against a truly skilled Fett. His in-air-recovery needs to go, if nothing else. Albeit it’s not really a nerf issue, as it’s more of an inherit problem with how he was built. He can fly, while nobody else can.

Lol tell them to get a jetpack then.
  • DiamondxStyles
    2335 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    I think that he should just get some nerfs. You do say that you’re against content removal, correct?
    Can they nerf him correctly, though? Will there ever be a time when he is not dominant against lightsabers?

If you really desire a nerf, perhaps they could make Air Recovery take a ton of fuel to pull off; like 1/3rd or 1/2 of his fuel. And lower barrage damage by 10% per rocket?

Does this sound like a solution to you?

(Let it go on record that I personally don't see any reason to change him, or really anyone besides Leia, and see a few abilities retouched. There is no Boba that will ever be dominant against my lightsaber)

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• What's funny is all those people asking for Jango Fett to be added. Can you imagine two of them at the same time?

Jango would be built differently and I'm wanting to make a forum all about him and why he should be in the game. Stop thinking so bluntly by thinking hes just a re skin of boba. Same flight, etc. Think outta the box man! Lmao. Go watch the fight between him and obi wan again or go look in his comics for all the lore he has on him. It was said he legit beat the shi out of 8-10 jedi with his BARE FISTS dude! Lol. Hes a **** badass is what he is! He should have smaller amounts of jetpack fuel shouldn't fly around too much like bobas. Should be more of a grounded character. And a badass close one at that using all his gadgets and weapons and duel pistols .or his rope dart lol. I take it none of you are familiar with jangos lore or his video game "Bounty Hunter" yeah he shouldn't be in the game if hes just the same **** thing as boba. So can you make a beloved character belong in the game with a different playstyle then??? Lol shouldn't be that hard man. He should be a tougher close up type of character. Shi. Even seeing him run up and punch stuff would be sweet. He lost his jetpack pretty fast against freaking OP obiwan man lol. And still did pretty damn good. I will make a forum soon for him.
    I think that he should just get some nerfs. You do say that you’re against content removal, correct?
    Can they nerf him correctly, though? Will there ever be a time when he is not dominant against lightsabers?

If you really desire a nerf, perhaps they could make Air Recovery take a ton of fuel to pull off; like 1/3rd or 1/2 of his fuel. And lower barrage damage by 10% per rocket?

(Let it go on record that I personally don't see any reason to change him, or really anyone besides Leia, and see a few abilities retouched. There is no Boba that will ever be dominant against my lightsaber)

Dude needs a nerf. Remove air recovery & stop his rockets from dealing 600 damage. Should do 270 with intense & 378 with anti hero rockets & increase the splash radius & he's still crazy good
  • anidriX wrote: »
    anidriX wrote: »
    Royox wrote: »
    Han can 3 shot Bobba. Finn can 5 shot Bobba. Chewie can have it falling nonstop to the ground for other heroes to finish him in melee, Ani can pull and stunlock him, Lando can melt him with his blaster, Leia can protect herself and the team against the missiles with the bubble.

Bobbas are hit and run, just wait then to come, fire at them from distance and watch them flying away scared like flies.
    Boba air recovers too quickly from Anakin’s pull and from everything else.

In those rare moments when you have a window to hit Boba with a lightsaber, he can dodge out of it as well as or better than anyone. And once he’s done that, he can do what no other can, which is FLY AWAY. And he damage you while doing so.

I shouldn’t have to be a blaster because of one character. That’s the epitome of unbalanced.

I agree about his Air recovery. He shouldn’t have it. However I completely disagree with that last thing you said. Counters are there to develop a sense of strategy in the game and players are encouraged to take advantage of this. And that is a good thing. All heroes have advantages and weaknesses and one has to adapt. Otherwise it wouldn’t really matter what you pick. Palpatine is quite similar, Jedi have a hard time taking him down. Any blaster hero can do it in seconds.

But that's not true in this game. You don't need special counters to beat anyone on the LS. Why do you need it for Boba?

No? What happens when you 1v1 Phasma as a Lightsaber? What happens when you go head on against a blaster with Palpatine.
    Lightsaber heroes have a very hard time catching Boba due to his mobility. As a trade off he has the lowest HP for a hero (600) and the lowest HP regen for a hero (150). Furthermore, his barrage needs to impact within a 1.5 meter radius for it to deal full damage otherwise it does very reduced damage which makes him need to get up close. His blaster also doesn’t have good range which is another reason to get up close. So there is a certain balance to it. We agree that the Air Recovery should be removed (but keep Air dodge) but if a Boba is causing trouble, the answer is switch to a blaster hero.
    The above is the reason why I am against a nerf to his barrage with a buff to his blaster range. The character with the best mobility in the game should not be able to snipe people from afar.

What happens is you take 5 minutes to attrition them. A long and boring match. Phasma will get dominated unless she's camping in a tight area with no vertical jump height

Of course, it’s boring but that is Phasma’s playstyle. But Phasma can get up to 960hp while staying in a stun-able radius and if Phasma knows how to time her rolls, it’s gg for that Jedi. Pretty much why the LS suffers when they are a full saber team and the DS has a Phasma and 3 sabers that play by her turret. The answer is get a blaster and negate her turret. In a way, the same you have to do vs Boba.
    Han can 3 shot Bobba. Finn can 5 shot Bobba. Chewie can have it falling nonstop to the ground for other heroes to finish him in melee, Ani can pull and stunlock him, Lando can melt him with his blaster, Leia can protect herself and the team against the missiles with the bubble.

Bobbas are hit and run, just wait then to come, fire at them from distance and watch them flying away scared like flies.

In those rare moments when you have a window to hit Boba with a lightsaber, he can dodge out of it as well as or better than anyone. And once he’s done that, he can do what no other can, which is FLY AWAY. And he damage you while doing so.

I shouldn’t have to be a blaster because of one character. That’s the epitome of unbalanced.

I agree about his Air recovery. He shouldn’t have it. However I completely disagree with that last thing you said. Counters are there to develop a sense of strategy in the game and players are encouraged to take advantage of this. And that is a good thing. All heroes have advantages and weaknesses and one has to adapt. Otherwise it wouldn’t really matter what you pick. Palpatine is quite similar, Jedi have a hard time taking him down. Any blaster hero can do it in seconds.

But that's not true in this game. You don't need special counters to beat anyone on the LS. Why do you need it for Boba?

No? What happens when you 1v1 Phasma as a Lightsaber? What happens when you go head on against a blaster with Palpatine.
    Lightsaber heroes have a very hard time catching Boba due to his mobility. As a trade off he has the lowest HP for a hero (600) and the lowest HP regen for a hero (150). Furthermore, his barrage needs to impact within a 1.5 meter radius for it to deal full damage otherwise it does very reduced damage which makes him need to get up close. His blaster also doesn’t have good range which is another reason to get up close. So there is a certain balance to it. We agree that the Air Recovery should be removed (but keep Air dodge) but if a Boba is causing trouble, the answer is switch to a blaster hero.
    The above is the reason why I am against a nerf to his barrage with a buff to his blaster range. The character with the best mobility in the game should not be able to snipe people from afar.

At the moment, I feel that Phasma has an advantage against Jedi 1v1. That's mostly because she now drains blocking stamina so quickly. Previously, I think Jedi had the advantage. Even still, she's very beatable.

Palpatine has a bigger advantage, but he's still much more beatable than Boba. I've said many times that he's overpowered against Jedi. Among other things, his regular attacks should absolutely not cause a stagger.

EDIT: You asked about blaster vs. Palpatine. A good blaster user will beat him. However, he's still very capable of causing problems for those blasters. What problems do Jedi cause for Boba?

Forget about stamina, that will get fixed. Phasma has a high HP Pool so it only takes a few well timed rolls and a stun to kill a Jedi 1v1.
    Of course, Palpatine can kill ANY blaster but not head on which is why I specified that in the first place. But that is not enough to say he has the advantage. Not to mention his chances drop heavily if his Chain Lightning is on cooldown.
    Sure, Jedi don’t necessarily cause Boba too much trouble but do remember that a single Jedi jump negates much of Boba’s Barrage Damage.

High vertical ceiling, or closed area? In an area with a high vertical ceiling, she's dead 100% of the time against any lightsaber.

Luke can jump, negate stun, and swing four times before he jumps again to negate her stun, lands, gets four more swings. She doesn't have enough rolls to last against his spam.

Anakin and Obi Wan, Rey, and Yoda get three swings before they have to jump.

They don't even have to use abilities to kill her. They just keep jumping

In a closed area, idk, maybe Phasma has the better chance at winning. I can't speak on that, because I haven't done it

Your tactic doesn’t sound efficient. Remember you will be getting shot while jumping and the time it takes Phasma to roll twice is enough for another stun to kick in. In your scenario, Luke has to be accurately aware of the stuns timing to jump at precisely the right time while also manage to hit Phasma who is also shooting at you and can roll.
    The best way to do it is by ambushing. And the best candidates are Anakin with his Pull+HM combo or Rey with Dash Strike+Strikes. She will get stunned but by that time she will have dealt massive damage, enough to finish her of before the second stun.

If you think it's inefficient, we can try it till you get bored (unfortunately I think we're on different systems). Unless you have an aimbot, hitting someone as their jump is angled towards you and over your head is not going to net much damage. And even if it does somehow (mistake jumping over her head at the wrong angle or something), the Jedi have the option to simply back away, regen, and repeat.

You said Luke has to be accurately aware of the stun timings. Yes of course he does. I know how much jump height you need to get over without staying in the air too long. (And I play NBA 2K Lol; I'm good at timing the A button like a jumpshot). After you land, it's a simple: 1, 2, 3, 4 swing count before you jump again

Any smart person can do that.

If she is also shooting at you, then she can't roll. She can do one or the other. Shooting does less DPS than Luke's 4 saber swings, so that definitely won't work. And she only gets 2 rolls. By the time he has swung 4 times, and is executing his second jump, Phasma has either: Rolled once and ate 2 swings, or rolled twice and ate zero swings. By the time Luke hits the ground, Phasma will either have 1 roll (if she rolled twice) or 2 rolls (if she ate 2 swings) because of roll recharge. Meanwhile, Luke is spamming 4 more swings. Phasma's only options are to eat more swings, or get that Luke's health down enough for him to fall back.

And the problem with regen is that Jedi get more, have abilities as well (that I left out of course), and can back off at any time they got pushed to their max regen limits. Phasma is forced to sit wherever her droid is.

This is why an open Phasma is toast to any Jedi that can count to three and hold A long enough (or four count swings if Luke).

I'm always willing to participate in a fun challenge with any Boba or Phasma that thinks they have a chance against my lightsaber 1 on 1. I hear it often from high tier friends.

But Keep in mind: I'm not denying that it takes a minute, and a few times backing off to regain stamina and waste out her Health Boost ability, or use an ability against any good shot

To be honest I’ve never heard or seen anyone pull this off. As I am on PC, I could no doubt shoot Luke mid air but the truth is I’m not sure about the height distance required and I’m also not sure if that means getting stunned mid air and therefore minimizing damage or using your jump to avoid the stun altogether while in the air. If it’s the latter I’d assume it’d have to be close to maximum height.
    It sounds, as you also pointed out, that it would take too long to do this before reinforcements show up. I’d definitely like to see it though.

Do lightsaber people never have to have a counter? Should they win every game every match so no one plays gun users? No thanks. They've already ruined their roles , then bossk, etc. And since theres only one last hero that can even do anything on lightsaber users. You want that stopped too. Tbh lol. It's been fun killing lightsaber users man. The real boba also hated lightsaber users because of a particular incident.
  • DiamondxStyles
    2335 posts Member
    edited September 2019

What happens is you take 5 minutes to attrition them. A long and boring match. Phasma will get dominated unless she's camping in a tight area with no vertical jump height

Of course, it’s boring but that is Phasma’s playstyle. But Phasma can get up to 960hp while staying in a stun-able radius and if Phasma knows how to time her rolls, it’s gg for that Jedi. Pretty much why the LS suffers when they are a full saber team and the DS has a Phasma and 3 sabers that play by her turret. The answer is get a blaster and negate her turret. In a way, the same you have to do vs Boba.

At the moment, I feel that Phasma has an advantage against Jedi 1v1. That's mostly because she now drains blocking stamina so quickly. Previously, I think Jedi had the advantage. Even still, she's very beatable.

Palpatine has a bigger advantage, but he's still much more beatable than Boba. I've said many times that he's overpowered against Jedi. Among other things, his regular attacks should absolutely not cause a stagger.

EDIT: You asked about blaster vs. Palpatine. A good blaster user will beat him. However, he's still very capable of causing problems for those blasters. What problems do Jedi cause for Boba?

Forget about stamina, that will get fixed. Phasma has a high HP Pool so it only takes a few well timed rolls and a stun to kill a Jedi 1v1.
    Of course, Palpatine can kill ANY blaster but not head on which is why I specified that in the first place. But that is not enough to say he has the advantage. Not to mention his chances drop heavily if his Chain Lightning is on cooldown.
    Sure, Jedi don’t necessarily cause Boba too much trouble but do remember that a single Jedi jump negates much of Boba’s Barrage Damage.

High vertical ceiling, or closed area? In an area with a high vertical ceiling, she's dead 100% of the time against any lightsaber.

Luke can jump, negate stun, and swing four times before he jumps again to negate her stun, lands, gets four more swings. She doesn't have enough rolls to last against his spam.

Anakin and Obi Wan, Rey, and Yoda get three swings before they have to jump.

They don't even have to use abilities to kill her. They just keep jumping

In a closed area, idk, maybe Phasma has the better chance at winning. I can't speak on that, because I haven't done it

Your tactic doesn’t sound efficient. Remember you will be getting shot while jumping and the time it takes Phasma to roll twice is enough for another stun to kick in. In your scenario, Luke has to be accurately aware of the stuns timing to jump at precisely the right time while also manage to hit Phasma who is also shooting at you and can roll.
    The best way to do it is by ambushing. And the best candidates are Anakin with his Pull+HM combo or Rey with Dash Strike+Strikes. She will get stunned but by that time she will have dealt massive damage, enough to finish her of before the second stun.

If you think it's inefficient, we can try it till you get bored (unfortunately I think we're on different systems). Unless you have an aimbot, hitting someone as their jump is angled towards you and over your head is not going to net much damage. And even if it does somehow (mistake jumping over her head at the wrong angle or something), the Jedi have the option to simply back away, regen, and repeat.

You said Luke has to be accurately aware of the stun timings. Yes of course he does. I know how much jump height you need to get over without staying in the air too long. (And I play NBA 2K Lol; I'm good at timing the A button like a jumpshot). After you land, it's a simple: 1, 2, 3, 4 swing count before you jump again

Any smart person can do that.

If she is also shooting at you, then she can't roll. She can do one or the other. Shooting does less DPS than Luke's 4 saber swings, so that definitely won't work. And she only gets 2 rolls. By the time he has swung 4 times, and is executing his second jump, Phasma has either: Rolled once and ate 2 swings, or rolled twice and ate zero swings. By the time Luke hits the ground, Phasma will either have 1 roll (if she rolled twice) or 2 rolls (if she ate 2 swings) because of roll recharge. Meanwhile, Luke is spamming 4 more swings. Phasma's only options are to eat more swings, or get that Luke's health down enough for him to fall back.

And the problem with regen is that Jedi get more, have abilities as well (that I left out of course), and can back off at any time they got pushed to their max regen limits. Phasma is forced to sit wherever her droid is.

This is why an open Phasma is toast to any Jedi that can count to three and hold A long enough (or four count swings if Luke).

I'm always willing to participate in a fun challenge with any Boba or Phasma that thinks they have a chance against my lightsaber 1 on 1. I hear it often from high tier friends.

But Keep in mind: I'm not denying that it takes a minute, and a few times backing off to regain stamina and waste out her Health Boost ability, or use an ability against any good shot

To be honest I’ve never heard or seen anyone pull this off. As I am on PC, I could no doubt shoot Luke mid air but the truth is I’m not sure about the height distance required and I’m also not sure if that means getting stunned mid air and therefore minimizing damage or using your jump to avoid the stun altogether while in the air. If it’s the latter I’d assume it’d have to be close to maximum height.
    It sounds, as you also pointed out, that it would take too long to do this before reinforcements show up. I’d definitely like to see it though.

I honestly never see people do this either. I sometimes feel like I'm the only one. I tell all my friends to do it. It's the same effect as jumping over a regular Lando, Chewie, or Iden stun. A jump plays out the stun effect while mid-air, basically rendering the stun ineffective, and allowing you to move as you normally would after said jump.

The jump height is roughly 65%(?) a normal Jedi jump height. You can try it out yourself on a friend's Phasma turret. I can't really give you frames lol. I only know it by unconsciously doing it for so long.

Just hold block into turret proximity < Hit Jump key (A) < Land < count swings 3 or 4 < Jump < repeat

Even on PC, you think you can unload the entire amount while they're jumping over and towards your head? Likely over your aim height lock and behind you? I've never tried Battlefront on PC, so I won't speak on this. All I can say for certain is that no Phasma can possibly kill me in the open on XBOX.

Oh most likely. But I know my team isn't dumb enough to rush a Phasma with 4 Jedi while her friends are guarded her. We just Option A or B.
    A: Attraction Anakin Pull > Kenobi RMT lock > Kill
    B: Pull out the Han > Turret down > or similar strats Pull > Detonite > RMT > Crush

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• If it's such a big deal to you all why dont they revert his ee3 abilities (one rocket) flamethrower that you can activate while flying, Better aiming , zoom , faster shooting gun like battlefront 2015. He wouldn't have that crazy flight patterns and also wouldn't be having multiple rockets coming at you to instakill you. Sure, it would do good damage like it did last game with a stun. But that's fine when fighting close and personal lightsaber users with now cheap abilities. Or revert HvV how it was also in 2015. Felt there was a point to play it having objectives which now its plain lacking in that. It's boring. And actually used strategy, teamwork, encouraged players to be more smart , etc. It was fun. I truly miss that mode.
  • Pigfoot wrote: »

Dude needs a nerf. Remove air recovery & stop his rockets from dealing 600 damage. Should do 270 with intense & 378 with anti hero rockets & increase the splash radius & he's still crazy good

Still don't see any reason why he needs a nerf aside from perhaps his barrage damage, which can be seen as OP against blasters that aren't Chewie or Han I suppose. Why should air recovery be removed entirely? It should just be nerfed.

Make air recovery start up later after an ability hits you. And bump the cost to 1/3 or 1/2 fuel per recovery.

This is coming from a primarily HvV Jedi player. I see no reason to nerf him. I'm just offering suggestions because others won't let the topic go.

Rocket barrage with intense and anti hero can OHK han, ohk an unruffled Finn, dam near OHK Leia and come within one blaster shot of OHK for Lando, chewy and any jedi. It needs a nerf. That said, he needs a buff to conc. Rocket. If he keeps air recovery(he shouldnt) it needs to drain one third fuel at least. To your point, I play mostly sabers and I kill him alot but those are subpar to average Bobas. A good Boba will never be killed by a saber.

Still don't see any reason why he needs a nerf aside from perhaps his barrage damage, which can be seen as OP against blasters that aren't Chewie or Han I suppose. Why should air recovery be removed entirely? It should just be nerfed.

Make air recovery start up later after an ability hits you. And bump the cost to 1/3 or 1/2 fuel per recovery.

This is coming from a primarily HvV Jedi player. I see no reason to nerf him. I'm just offering suggestions because others won't let the topic go.

Rocket barrage with intense and anti hero can OHK han, ohk an unruffled Finn, dam near OHK Leia and come within one blaster shot of OHK for Lando, chewy and any jedi. It needs a nerf. That said, he needs a buff to conc. Rocket. If he keeps air recovery(he shouldnt) it needs to drain one third fuel at least. To your point, I play mostly sabers and I kill him alot but those are subpar to average Bobas. A good Boba will never be killed by a saber.

Thank you for quoting that. My post got deleted "until it can be verified"

Anyways, Han and Chewie with Charging Frenzy and Broad Shoulders can negate this barrage almost entirely; 40% and 60% reduction. Meanwhile Boba can't do anything to negate Han's Detonite or Chewie's always knocking blaster. Also they have more DPS

Leia has 25% E-11 damage reduction and a shield to kite rockets between, and the highest DPS (albeit her problem is something else)

See? Intense Barrage and Anti Hero rockets have counter utility that 'can' be utilized, it's just that players don't use these cards, then complain about it.

Cards to counter cards. It's not Boba's fault that players don't use them

This is an age old Juggernaut vs Stopping Power from CoD 4. So what if the players that had neither complained?

That's balance. It's Lando and Finn that have little to no counter against Bobas. That's where the biggest problem lies

To your point, I play mostly sabers and I kill him alot but those are subpar to average Bobas. A good Boba will never be killed by a saber.

Ugh, another post deleted to be verified

Basically what I said was:

Again, complete impasse.

Although a good Boba will almost never be killed by my saber, I will never be killed by any good Boba as a saber.

I might get killed by team combos, or a good Boba will get killed by my team combos, but that is fair teamplay.

Otherwise it's a complete stand-off; saber vs boba

• DiamondxStyles
    2335 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Pigfoot wrote: »

But I would concede to a Rocket Barrage nerf, and Air Recovery nerf like I suggested. Because even though I'm arguing the points, I can see reason. Character to character, Boba is a better HvV character than any shooter on the light side on par with Han, except with a Jet Pack. And a better pure blaster hero than everyone besides Leia and Han.

He's uncatchable and no one on the light side has this ability archetype. Being honest I suppose that's not fair. I made three responses because I'm tired of my posts getting deleted until review

But I would concede to a Rocket Barrage nerf, and Air Recovery nerf like I suggested. Because even though I'm arguing the points, I can see reason. Character to character, Boba is a better HvV character than any shooter on the light side on par with Han, except with a Jet Pack. And a better pure blaster hero than everyone besides Leia and Han.

He's uncatchable and no one on the light side has this ability archetype. Being honest I suppose that's not fair. I made three responses because I'm tired of my posts getting deleted until review

Lol fair enough. They do that to my posts alot to. You're right about the stalemate. 1v1 a good saber will stalemate a good Boba everytime. The problem, like you mentioned, lies in the team aspect. 1v1 are seldom in HvV and if you do find yourself in one, it likely wont be 1v1 for long. If I'm in a 1v1 against Boba and Kylo comes in and engages me, Boba has an open window to fly in and RB me, resulting in death 100% of the time. I dont think he should be kill switched because he adds an interesting dynamic to HvV, but he does need tweaks.

Lol fair enough. They do that to my posts alot to. You're right about the stalemate. 1v1 a good saber will stalemate a good Boba everytime. The problem, like you mentioned, lies in the team aspect. 1v1 are seldom in HvV and if you do find yourself in one, it likely wont be 1v1 for long. If I'm in a 1v1 against Boba and Kylo comes in and engages me, Boba has an open window to fly in and RB me, resulting in death 100% of the time. I dont think he should be kill switched because he adds an interesting dynamic to HvV, but he does need tweaks.

Most people just want to overnerf a character I see as a fun fight. He has enough counters in HvV to be fair enough imo. Charging Frenzy, Broad Shoulders, negate Intense Barrage and Anti Hero rockets. Jumping/dashing, HM, RMT, Presence etc for Jedi; Unless CC'd first.

Still think he's fine, but will begrudgingly accept nerfs to him. Just keep him fun against my Jedi

Most people just want to overnerf a character I see as a fun fight. He has enough counters in HvV to be fair enough imo. Charging Frenzy, Broad Shoulders, negate Intense Barrage and Anti Hero rockets. Jumping/dashing, HM, RMT, Presence etc for Jedi; Unless CC'd first.

Still think he's fine, but will begrudgingly accept nerfs to him. Just keep him fun against my Jedi

Anakin is still a pretty spot on Boba counter, if you can land pull and he doesnt air recover, hes as good as dead.
  • Boba is also a product of the meta, as Blaster Heroes get more and more unplayable Boba gets further free reign. Nowadays the only Blaster Hero you see top teams running is Chewie, and Chewie can't really duel Boba at all, all he can do is mitigate his value and try and stop him from punishing Choke/Freeze with Barrage.

I don't think he's that far away from being balanced, his superior mobility should be offset by being vulnerable to knockdowns/pull while he's in the air, currently air recovery renders these abilities almost useless against Boba, I don't think it's a balanced mechanic and it needs to be removed imo.

The other primary issue with Boba is barrage, which pretty well makes him impossible to deal with as a Blaster Hero, as he can essentially delete your health bar with one button press. Imo the damage shouldn't be any higher than 350/400 and it should be cancelled and put on cooldown if Boba is hit with CC while casting (Pull, Push, Det ) ect.

He could see other small buffs to compensate, increase his Regen to 200 and do something with Conc as well.

Anakin is still a pretty spot on Boba counter, if you can land pull and he doesnt air recover, hes as good as dead.

Even if he recovers, I beat it into my Han Solo friend's head to listen for my callouts and watch my Anakin Skywalker (I'm usually Anakin)

I call "pull" every time I land one so my Han Solo can throw his detonite. If Han gets frozen. I like my Obi Wan's to RMT when Boba closes, and I try to HM or Pull boba so his barrage goes off the mark

Anyways, Han and Chewie with Charging Frenzy and Broad Shoulders can negate this barrage almost entirely; 40% and 60% reduction. Meanwhile Boba can't do anything to negate Han's Detonite or Chewie's always knocking blaster. Also they have more DPS

Leia has 25% E-11 damage reduction and a shield to kite rockets between, and the highest DPS (albeit her problem is something else)

See? Intense Barrage and Anti Hero rockets have counter utility that 'can' be utilized, it's just that players don't use these cards, then complain about it.

This is an age old Juggernaut vs Stopping Power from CoD 4. So what if the players that had neither complained?

That's balance. It's Lando and Finn that have little to no counter against Bobas. That's where the biggest problem lies
    Try using Han’d shoulder charge or chewies slam while you’re in freeze or choke. And decent bobas know only to approach Han when he doesn’t have LoS or his detonite, so good luck taking boba out that way. Same goes for Lando and Finn, boba can just escape behind cover once he baits the sharpshot and deadeye. Leia’s Shield I will say is great in a 1v1 and can often allow her to win against boba, but that’s only in a 1v1. In any real scenario another villain is gonna stumble into your shield and take you out instantly.
    PSN: this_old_mouse
  • DiamondxStyles
    2335 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    The other primary issue with Boba is barrage, which pretty well makes him impossible to deal with as a Blaster Hero, as he can essentially delete your health bar with one button press.

I'm sighing

It's like nobody has heard of Charging Frenzy or Broad Shoulders. Albeit I agree the barrage damage is a bit much

I hope so, I really do. I just think deleting characters isn’t a great approach to fixing any of this game’s problems.

• Boba is also a product of the meta, as Blaster Heroes get more and more unplayable Boba gets further free reign. Nowadays the only Blaster Hero you see top teams running is Chewie, and Chewie can't really duel Boba at all, all he can do is mitigate his value and try and stop him from punishing Choke/Freeze with Barrage.

I don't think he's that far away from being balanced, his superior mobility should be offset by being vulnerable to knockdowns/pull while he's in the air, currently air recovery renders these abilities almost useless against Boba, I don't think it's a balanced mechanic and it needs to be removed imo.

The other primary issue with Boba is barrage, which pretty well makes him impossible to deal with as a Blaster Hero, as he can essentially delete your health bar with one button press. Imo the damage shouldn't be any higher than 350/400 and it should be cancelled and put on cooldown if Boba is hit with CC while casting (Pull, Push, Det ) ect.

He could see other small buffs to compensate, increase his Regen to 200 and do something with Conc as well.
    I’m assuming you’re the same TheElegantDough from Xbox. You’re one of the best players I’ve played with, so I’m glad to see your perspective.
  • DiamondxStyles
    2335 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Pigfoot wrote: »

Try using Han’d shoulder charge or chewies slam while you’re in freeze or choke. And decent bobas know only to approach Han when he doesn’t have LoS or his detonite, so good luck taking boba out that way. Same goes for Lando and Finn, boba can just escape behind cover once he baits the sharpshot and deadeye. Leia’s Shield I will say is great in a 1v1 and can often allow her to win against boba, but that’s only in a 1v1. In any real scenario another villain is gonna stumble into your shield and take you out instantly.

Did I not say that good Boba's only wait for CC? Yes I did

Anyways, That's adding more teammates into the equation then. So why doesn't your Obi Wan pop ranged RMT to halt the barrage? or Anakin Pull or HM them off target? And why doesn't Yoda pop presence right when Han or Chewie gets CC'd?

That just stopped your Barrage combo. It's almost like factoring in a Freeze + Barrage is OP against one LS Shooter, but factoring in a whole team changes outcomes

"In any real scenario another villain is gonna stumble into your shield and take you out instantly."

Obviously this is why people don't use Leia isn't it?

Anyways, That's adding more teammates into the equation then. So why doesn't your Obi Wan pop ranged RMT to halt the barrage? or Anakin Pull or HM them off target? And why doesn't Yoda pop presence right when Han or Chewie gets CC'd?

That just stopped your Barrage combo. It's almost like factoring in a Freeze + Barrage is OP against one LS Shooter, but factoring in a whole team changes outcomes

"In any real scenario another villain is gonna stumble into your shield and take you out instantly."

Those were just examples. The truth is, you don’t necessarily need to wait for a frozen opponent to use rocket barrage. And if Obi Wan RMTs, boba can just escape and try again a few seconds later. If he is pulled, a lot of the time he can recover before he reaches the ground. And you’re assuming the absolute best with Yoda. Do you really think a Yoda from a random lobby is gonna know to save the presence for when someone gets CCed? No, they’re not cause they’re freaking randoms. DS doesn’t need any teamwork to set up crazy rocket barrage combos. All it needs is boba to wait for an opening and to strike right when the enemies are distracted. Luckily, that happens a lot in random lobbies.

Those were just examples. The truth is, you don’t necessarily need to wait for a frozen opponent to use rocket barrage. And if Obi Wan RMTs, boba can just escape and try again a few seconds later. If he is pulled, a lot of the time he can recover before he reaches the ground. And you’re assuming the absolute best with Yoda. Do you really think a Yoda from a random lobby is gonna know to save the presence for when someone gets CCed? No, they’re not cause they’re freaking randoms. DS doesn’t need any teamwork to set up crazy rocket barrage combos. All it needs is boba to wait for an opening and to strike right when the enemies are distracted. Luckily, that happens a lot in random lobbies.

You do if you want to land a successful barrage on any smart players. A Frenzy or something will also work though.

And if Boba escapes to try again later, you just halted the barrage. That was the point. If he is pulled and recovered before he hits the ground, the barrage is halted again. If Yoda presenced, then it's also halted.

"Do you really think a Yoda from a random lobby is gonna know to save the presence for when someone gets CCed? No, they’re not cause they’re freaking randoms."

I'm being honest, I don't really care too much about what lower level randoms would do, only top tier competitive play. But I'll concede that randoms will have no chance stopping this

"DS doesn’t need any teamwork to set up crazy rocket barrage combos. All it needs is boba to wait for an opening and to strike right when the enemies are distracted. Luckily, that happens a lot in random lobbies."

Fair enough, but we are discussing different levels of play it seems. Dark side has always been cheesier when ungrouped. I'll concede there

• I just want to say that this thread made me so happy to read just now. Boba’s jetpack is so ridiculous to fight against, as any character. It’s like sharks with laser beams on their heads! Throw me a frickin bone here!

Perfect analysis. Spot on.

You do if you want to land a successful barrage on any smart players. A Frenzy or something will also work though.

And if Boba escapes to try again later, you just halted the barrage. That was the point. If he is pulled and recovered before he hits the ground, the barrage is halted again. If Yoda presenced, then it's also halted.

"Do you really think a Yoda from a random lobby is gonna know to save the presence for when someone gets CCed? No, they’re not cause they’re freaking randoms."

I'm being honest, I don't really care too much about what lower level randoms would do, only top tier competitive play. But I'll concede that randoms will have no chance stopping this

"DS doesn’t need any teamwork to set up crazy rocket barrage combos. All it needs is boba to wait for an opening and to strike right when the enemies are distracted. Luckily, that happens a lot in random lobbies."

Fair enough, but we are discussing different levels of play it seems. Dark side has always been cheesier when ungrouped. I'll concede there
    Fair enough. I assume you play in more competitive environments where I play solo 99% of the time. Cheers

• The addition of air recovery was total ****.

Devs just made Boba far too dependent on the Jet Pack, and makes him extremely annoying.

Buff his blaster, EE3 was my fave blaster from BF2015 but now is pretty lame.
  • The other primary issue with Boba is barrage, which pretty well makes him impossible to deal with as a Blaster Hero, as he can essentially delete your health bar with one button press.

I'm sighing

It's like nobody has heard of Charging Frenzy or Broad Shoulders. Albeit I agree the barrage damage is a bit much

No one is picking Han, so broad shoulders is irrelevant.

Charging Frenzy is fine, but Boba isn't barraging Chewie unless he's frozen/choked so it hardly matters unless it's a 1v1 interaction.

Other Blaster Heroes can't do anything. Leia can try and play around her shield but putting it down is essentially a death sentence if there's other Saber's around. If she could redeploy it by pressing RB again it'd be a little better.

• [/quote]
    I’m assuming you’re the same TheElegantDough from Xbox. You’re one of the best players I’ve played with, so I’m glad to see your perspective.
    [/quote]

Yeah that's me. Been a while since we played. Tell Lando he's sorely missed over here lmao.

Fair enough. I assume you play in more competitive environments where I play solo 99% of the time. Cheers

Sorry for any misunderstandings. I play HvV when my friends set up premade private matches with 8 people. The rest of the time I'm either in a premade that clubs the enemy team, or I'm on Showdown (my main gametype).

I guess Boba needs a nerf for all the solo players, because the light side is probably less effective in blueberry matches

• The other primary issue with Boba is barrage, which pretty well makes him impossible to deal with as a Blaster Hero, as he can essentially delete your health bar with one button press.

I'm sighing

Charging Frenzy is fine, but Boba isn't barraging Chewie unless he's frozen/choked so it hardly matters unless it's a 1v1 interaction.

Other Blaster Heroes can't do anything. Leia can try and play around her shield but putting it down is essentially a death sentence if there's other Saber's around. If she could redeploy it by pressing RB again it'd be a little better.

Lmao @no one picking Han

Already discussed that Bobas will wait for CC

Already discussed that other LS blasters are useless. Leia is the most useless in HvV, though I agree if her shield could be deployed at will, she would be better.

keeping it short so as not to keep repeating myself

I'm sighing

Lmao @no one picking Han

Already discussed that other LS blasters are useless. Leia is the most useless in HvV, though I agree if her shield could be deployed at will, she would be better.

Yeah, nobody is picking Han lol. You seem to know Lag and Joker so you can ask them and they'll tell you the same thing. When it's two top tier teams playing Han is basically a free kill, he just bleeds tickets. If you're playing against a weaker team then sure, you might get away with it.

I'm sighing

Lmao @no one picking Han

Yeah, nobody is picking Han lol. You seem to know Lag and Joker so you can ask them and they'll tell you the same thing. When it's two top tier teams playing Han is basically a free kill, he just bleeds tickets. If you're playing against a weaker team then sure, you might get away with it.

Hans a,free point
    The other primary issue with Boba is barrage, which pretty well makes him impossible to deal with as a Blaster Hero, as he can essentially delete your health bar with one button press.

I'm sighing

Lmao @no one picking Han

Hans a,free point

Yeah, Pretty much

I'm sighing

Lmao @no one picking Han

Hans a,free point

Yeah, Pretty much

Whoops meant to quote the other guy

I'm sighing

Lmao @no one picking Han

This stupid comment review system deleted comment again

And apparently you know Lando gam--?

Anyways I'd laugh just the same when they agree with it. Han is (nearly) as viable as chewie and certainly not free kills. He's only missing one AOE and Boba control.

I'm sighing

Lmao @no one picking Han

Anyways I'd laugh just the same when they agree with it. Han is (nearly) as viable as chewie and certainly not free kills. He's only missing one AOE and Boba control.

Lando Gambino? I know him through Lag but we've only played together a couple of times. I was talking about Mr Landeaux earlier.

I'm sighing

Lmao @no one picking Han

Lando Gambino? I know him through Lag but we've only played together a couple of times. I was talking about Mr Landeaux earlier.

Ah lol, funny that I've never seen you around. You got someone attesting that you're a really great player 👍props

I'm sighing

Lmao @no one picking Han

Ah lol, funny that I've never seen you around. You got someone attesting that you're a really great player 👍props

Dough is the best player I know, by a significant margin.

As for what he said about Han; he’s right. Han is only viable against weaker teams. He simply doesn’t survive against stronger teams and bleeds tickets. Doesn’t matter how strong your peel is, he dies.

Confidence born of ignorance

I'm sighing

Lmao @no one picking Han

Dough is the best player I know, by a significant margin.

As for what he said about Han; he’s right. Han is only viable against weaker teams. He simply doesn’t survive against stronger teams and bleeds tickets. Doesn’t matter how strong your peel is, he dies.

WOW, that's extremely high praise considering some of the people I'm pretty sure you know @ Joker; people like Jedi and Opt come to my mind in particular

@TheElegantDough In that case, allow me to extend an invitation to Showdown. I have a lot of respect for good players, and for the longest time I've been searching for players that might be capable of beating us.

But if you don't have a viable second teammate, then nevermind. We can still do a 1v1 match for fun or something. That is if you want. Would much rather have the actual HSD of course.

And on Han Solo, @SadderJoker , still laughing. He's capable in top games. He's just not Chewie

He's a bounty hunter blaster hero with a jetpack and rockets; he's always gonna be elite against saber heroes, especially by those that have quick reflexes and know how to use him. It's called working as intended; no nerfs are required. Better get used to it lol. Or should DICE remove his blaster and jetpack because you aren't getting your way?
  • This thread piqued my competition curiosity

• this_old_mouse
    2319 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    I think the ideal change would be to slow his jetpack speed back to what it was at launch. Much more vertical power over horizontal. It will help both sides: Boba will have an easier time aiming and hitting stuff while flying, and he will also be easier to shoot out of the sky and be able to catch him as a saber.
  • On an unrelated note, I just played my first ranked match of Gears 5 and holy crap those people are good
  • I think the ideal change would be to slow his jetpack speed back to what it was at launch. Much more vertical power over horizontal. It will help both sides: Boba will have an easier time aiming and hitting stuff while flying, and he will also be easier to shoot out of the sky and be able to catch him as a saber.

His speed is fine. The only time it was bad was when he was as fast as a jet. He's still easy to hit, just gotta aim and shoot where he's going.
  • my opinion on characters change a lot based on the 4v4s I do and ill say Han can be good sometimes but its just iffy picking him it helps that I play with some really good Han players though but he can be viable just one of the more risky picks.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN: unit900000 Xbox gamer tag: MetaltronXII
  • I think the ideal change would be to slow his jetpack speed back to what it was at launch. Much more vertical power over horizontal. It will help both sides: Boba will have an easier time aiming and hitting stuff while flying, and he will also be easier to shoot out of the sky and be able to catch him as a saber.

His speed is fine. The only time it was bad was when he was as fast as a jet. He's still easy to hit, just gotta aim and shoot where he's going.
    It was far more intuitive and effective when it was vertical. And people love boba in BF15, where his jetpack was very vertical oriented.

• On an unrelated note, I just played my first ranked match of Gears 5 and holy crap those people are good

Can't you play as Emile and Kat? That's dope. Gears sounds worth it