criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Remove Boba Fett from HvV

1246710

Replies

  • The base question is simple, “Is flying an unfair advantage to give one character and no other?”

    All these scenarios people are suggesting are just ways to make this advantage less powerful. But it does nothing to change the fact that, yes, one character with flying and no one else with the same mobility is unfair, always.

    Your all entitled to your opinions about different situations but the base question and answer are rhetorical.

    Well controlled aerial movements and maneuvers are unfair to not give to anyone else.
  • On an unrelated note, I just played my first ranked match of Gears 5 and holy crap those people are good

    Can't you play as Emile and Kat? That's dope. Gears sounds worth it

    Yeah you can. You can also play as terminator and Sarah Conner. Some of the smoothest multiplayer I've seen in awhile. Its included with game pass ultimate so I downloaded
  • The base question is simple, “Is flying an unfair advantage to give one character and no other?”

    All these scenarios people are suggesting are just ways to make this advantage less powerful. But it does nothing to change the fact that, yes, one character with flying and no one else with the same mobility is unfair, always.

    Your all entitled to your opinions about different situations but the base question and answer are rhetorical.

    Well controlled aerial movements and maneuvers are unfair to not give to anyone else.

    Honestly I was going to suggest that the only nerf Boba needs is to reduce his Jetpack speed to be barely faster than Luke's base run speed. Do nothing else

    And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

    he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours


  • I think the ideal change would be to slow his jetpack speed back to what it was at launch. Much more vertical power over horizontal. It will help both sides: Boba will have an easier time aiming and hitting stuff while flying, and he will also be easier to shoot out of the sky and be able to catch him as a saber.

    Bad idea for GA
  • KaPowaFie wrote: »
    What's funny is all those people asking for Jango Fett to be added. Can you imagine two of them at the same time?

    Jango would be built differently and I'm wanting to make a forum all about him and why he should be in the game. Stop thinking so bluntly by thinking hes just a re skin of boba. Same flight, etc. Think outta the box man! Lmao. Go watch the fight between him and obi wan again or go look in his comics for all the lore he has on him. It was said he legit beat the shi out of 8-10 jedi with his BARE FISTS dude! Lol. Hes a ***** badass is what he is! He should have smaller amounts of jetpack fuel shouldn't fly around too much like bobas. Should be more of a grounded character. And a badass close one at that using all his gadgets and weapons and duel pistols .or his rope dart lol. I take it none of you are familiar with jangos lore or his video game "Bounty Hunter" yeah he shouldn't be in the game if hes just the same ***** thing as boba. So can you make a beloved character belong in the game with a different playstyle then??? Lol shouldn't be that hard man. He should be a tougher close up type of character. Shi. Even seeing him run up and punch stuff would be sweet. He lost his jetpack pretty fast against freaking OP obiwan man lol. And still did pretty damn good. I will make a forum soon for him.

    I'm at a complete loss of words how to even answer this... I assume you are being serious. Whether I'm thinking outside the box or not, how the devs make the character would be out of my hands. Gushing love for him or not, and what his character did somewhere else, it's hard to imagine that they would build this character any different than BF as they have similar mandalorian armor and basic skill set. The devs have been tweaking him since launch, and people still complained how he was being NERFED. The main point is, again, two Fett's would equal a nightmare, not that a skilled Boba player is not already doing that.
  • BobaisBroken
    101 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    I liked the idea of the mid air recovery being dependent on his fuel, but I also think the recovery should be made to be player activated, so it rely’s on a person reaction time and skill rather than it either works sometimes or doesn’t.
  • BobaisBroken
    101 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Also I still like the idea of Boba having less control in the air, and not be able to hover and fly, but more just have some super powered momentum that’s similar to the regular jet trooper, but just a little better.

    This way Bobas angle of approach and descent are predetermined by the player and would show some skill with maneuvering attacks and escapes, rather than just holding left trigger when someone gets the drop on you.

    I would love to see Boba have some difficulty to play, as right now it’s just too easy to get a little good with Boba and take advantage of his ridiculous mobility.
  • The other primary issue with Boba is barrage, which pretty well makes him impossible to deal with as a Blaster Hero, as he can essentially delete your health bar with one button press.

    I'm sighing

    It's like nobody has heard of Charging Frenzy or Broad Shoulders. Albeit I agree the barrage damage is a bit much

    No one is picking Han, so broad shoulders is irrelevant.

    Charging Frenzy is fine, but Boba isn't barraging Chewie unless he's frozen/choked so it hardly matters unless it's a 1v1 interaction.

    Other Blaster Heroes can't do anything. Leia can try and play around her shield but putting it down is essentially a death sentence if there's other Saber's around. If she could redeploy it by pressing RB again it'd be a little better.

    Lmao @no one picking Han

    Already discussed that Bobas will wait for CC

    Already discussed that other LS blasters are useless. Leia is the most useless in HvV, though I agree if her shield could be deployed at will, she would be better.

    keeping it short so as not to keep repeating myself

    Yeah, nobody is picking Han lol. You seem to know Lag and Joker so you can ask them and they'll tell you the same thing. When it's two top tier teams playing Han is basically a free kill, he just bleeds tickets. If you're playing against a weaker team then sure, you might get away with it.

    This stupid comment review system deleted comment again

    And apparently you know Lando gam--?

    Anyways I'd laugh just the same when they agree with it. Han is (nearly) as viable as chewie and certainly not free kills. He's only missing one AOE and Boba control.

    Lando Gambino? I know him through Lag but we've only played together a couple of times. I was talking about Mr Landeaux earlier.

    Ah lol, funny that I've never seen you around. You got someone attesting that you're a really great player 👍props

    Dough is the best player I know, by a significant margin.

    As for what he said about Han; he’s right. Han is only viable against weaker teams. He simply doesn’t survive against stronger teams and bleeds tickets. Doesn’t matter how strong your peel is, he dies.

    WOW, that's extremely high praise considering some of the people I'm pretty sure you know @ Joker; people like Jedi and Opt come to my mind in particular

    @TheElegantDough In that case, allow me to extend an invitation to Showdown. I have a lot of respect for good players, and for the longest time I've been searching for players that might be capable of beating us.

    But if you don't have a viable second teammate, then nevermind. We can still do a 1v1 match for fun or something. That is if you want. Would much rather have the actual HSD of course.

    And on Han Solo, @SadderJoker , still laughing. He's capable in top games. He's just not Chewie

    I'm happy to play, but I'd much rather HvV than HS, if you have a team of 4 feel free to message me on Xbox and we can see about setting something up, gamertag is the same as my username here.
  • As a dominating Finn player, most bobas are not that good. However, there are a select few Bobas that dominate HvV and it’s unreal.


  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    I think that he should just get some nerfs. You do say that you’re against content removal, correct?
    Can they nerf him correctly, though? Will there ever be a time when he is not dominant against lightsabers?

    He's a bounty hunter blaster hero with a jetpack and rockets; he's always gonna be elite against saber heroes, especially by those that have quick reflexes and know how to use him. It's called working as intended; no nerfs are required. Better get used to it lol. Or should DICE remove his blaster and jetpack because you aren't getting your way?
    Yeah, I remember that scene in the movie when Boba was perpetually flying around and ultimately dropped rockets that killed LSJMAL. That must be what they base his in-game character on.

    But to answer your question, no. They should just remove him from HvV because they don’t know to balance him.
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    I think that he should just get some nerfs. You do say that you’re against content removal, correct?
    Can they nerf him correctly, though? Will there ever be a time when he is not dominant against lightsabers?

    He's a bounty hunter blaster hero with a jetpack and rockets; he's always gonna be elite against saber heroes, especially by those that have quick reflexes and know how to use him. It's called working as intended; no nerfs are required. Better get used to it lol. Or should DICE remove his blaster and jetpack because you aren't getting your way?
    Yeah, I remember that scene in the movie when Boba was perpetually flying around and ultimately dropped rockets that killed LSJMAL. That must be what they base his in-game character on.

    But to answer your question, no. They should just remove him from HvV because they don’t know to balance him.

    ... It's a game...

    ... And content shouldn't be removed for no reason...
    It’s good to see that you think tremendous imbalance is “no reason.”
  • CC_1010 wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    I think that he should just get some nerfs. You do say that you’re against content removal, correct?
    Can they nerf him correctly, though? Will there ever be a time when he is not dominant against lightsabers?

    He's a bounty hunter blaster hero with a jetpack and rockets; he's always gonna be elite against saber heroes, especially by those that have quick reflexes and know how to use him. It's called working as intended; no nerfs are required. Better get used to it lol. Or should DICE remove his blaster and jetpack because you aren't getting your way?
    Yeah, I remember that scene in the movie when Boba was perpetually flying around and ultimately dropped rockets that killed LSJMAL. That must be what they base his in-game character on.

    But to answer your question, no. They should just remove him from HvV because they don’t know to balance him.

    ... It's a game...

    ... And content shouldn't be removed for no reason...
    It’s good to see that you think tremendous imbalance is “no reason.”

    There's a difference between "imbalance" (which Boba isn't) and your precious Rey getting owned by a blaster hero that can fly and shoot rockets (because he's a bounty hunter) revealing to all that you definitely aren't as good as you think you are (lol)...

    All heroes have their advantages and weaknesses. Can't expect a girl with a laser sword that had zero training to do everything and be unstoppable. Crying out for something to be removed just because you aren't getting your way and aren't as good as you think you are is just immature and sad man.

    His Rey is not getting owned in any way.

    Was fun playing!

    It sure was. It's always nice to play with good people, unlike the cheaters we encountered and many of the trolls who reside in this very forum.
  • OP do you ever play with Boba? If you do, are you good with him?
  • OP do you ever play with Boba? If you do, are you good with him?
    Not often and not really. I’m ok sometimes but I wouldn’t say I’m good.

    Even if I was really good with him I’d be saying the same thing. I don’t need to take the best character and slaughter a team to feel good about myself. I’ve been with girls. I have a life.
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    OP do you ever play with Boba? If you do, are you good with him?
    Not often and not really. I’m ok sometimes but I wouldn’t say I’m good.

    Even if I was really good with him I’d be saying the same thing. I don’t need to take the best character and slaughter a team to feel good about myself. I’ve been with girls. I have a life.

    Well let me just congratulate you on the girls thing, even though it is mostly irrelevant to really feeling good about yourself.

    I was just curious if you have experienced how good he is first hand or if you have only been on the receiving end of things.

    Boba is a good hero, but he's far from being as OP as you make him out to be. He can be killed or countered with cover like inside buildings and close quarters combat. I mean I saw you basically say those things can't be said to be genuine counters to him, but they are. It's the same as if you are Boba and chasing down a Finn in open area. It's just something you don't do and that particular situation will get you killed. So if it's ok for one open area situation to be a counter to a certain hero then you have to consider that close quarters areas, like within buildings, are also viable tools to use to kill him.

    I don't think he's anymore OP than any of the other heroes that get called OP really.
    I don’t have great aim. Part of that is because my sensitivity is set for my comfort with lightsabers, and I don’t change it for blasters. I’ve requested here multiple that we should have separate sensitivity settings for both types of heroes.

    I know how to play the character. It’s abundantly clear to me that if you have decent aim he’s a force to be reckoned with. If you have great aim, he’s virtually unstoppable. Han is obviously very threatening with great aim, but he’s also very killable. The same is not true of Boba.
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    OP do you ever play with Boba? If you do, are you good with him?
    Not often and not really. I’m ok sometimes but I wouldn’t say I’m good.

    Even if I was really good with him I’d be saying the same thing. I don’t need to take the best character and slaughter a team to feel good about myself. I’ve been with girls. I have a life.

    Well let me just congratulate you on the girls thing, even though it is mostly irrelevant to really feeling good about yourself.

    I was just curious if you have experienced how good he is first hand or if you have only been on the receiving end of things.

    Boba is a good hero, but he's far from being as OP as you make him out to be. He can be killed or countered with cover like inside buildings and close quarters combat. I mean I saw you basically say those things can't be said to be genuine counters to him, but they are. It's the same as if you are Boba and chasing down a Finn in open area. It's just something you don't do and that particular situation will get you killed. So if it's ok for one open area situation to be a counter to a certain hero then you have to consider that close quarters areas, like within buildings, are also viable tools to use to kill him.

    I don't think he's anymore OP than any of the other heroes that get called OP really.
    I don’t have great aim. Part of that is because my sensitivity is set for my comfort with lightsabers, and I don’t change it for blasters. I’ve requested here multiple that we should have separate sensitivity settings for both types of heroes.

    I know how to play the character. It’s abundantly clear to me that if you have decent aim he’s a force to be reckoned with. If you have great aim, he’s virtually unstoppable. Han is obviously very threatening with great aim, but he’s also very killable. The same is not true of Boba.

    Earlier you said to someone you have vs'd players from the forum and considered them all to be "mediocre at best". Yet you just said you don't have good aim (regardless of the sensitivity reasoning). To call others mediocre, yet to admit you don't have great aim is a little ironic, no? Are you saying that basically all you do in the game is play HvV Saber heroes?

    HvV is a team game that gives the option to change heroes whenever you die. So that means if you see a hero that has been giving you trouble when you are a Saber hero, then the option is there to go and pick character like Finn or Chewie or can handle Boba better in many situations. That's where the balance in the game comes in. If you aren't willing to adapt and play blaster heroes to counter a good Boba, then sorry but that's your own fault for being stagnant in the game and always choosing Saber heroes because you like them the most. Even in GA you sometimes have to pick a hero that is right for the situation. For example if I see a Finn on one of the big maps that I might normally chose Boba on, then I sometimes don't choose him because Finn provides a way higher likelihood of death if I were to choose Boba.
  • Also what's the deal with ripping on GA players? Haha this game isn't that competitive, but the most competitive players with the best aim are, more often than not, GA regulars.
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    OP do you ever play with Boba? If you do, are you good with him?
    Not often and not really. I’m ok sometimes but I wouldn’t say I’m good.

    Even if I was really good with him I’d be saying the same thing. I don’t need to take the best character and slaughter a team to feel good about myself. I’ve been with girls. I have a life.

    Well let me just congratulate you on the girls thing, even though it is mostly irrelevant to really feeling good about yourself.

    I was just curious if you have experienced how good he is first hand or if you have only been on the receiving end of things.

    Boba is a good hero, but he's far from being as OP as you make him out to be. He can be killed or countered with cover like inside buildings and close quarters combat. I mean I saw you basically say those things can't be said to be genuine counters to him, but they are. It's the same as if you are Boba and chasing down a Finn in open area. It's just something you don't do and that particular situation will get you killed. So if it's ok for one open area situation to be a counter to a certain hero then you have to consider that close quarters areas, like within buildings, are also viable tools to use to kill him.

    I don't think he's anymore OP than any of the other heroes that get called OP really.
    I don’t have great aim. Part of that is because my sensitivity is set for my comfort with lightsabers, and I don’t change it for blasters. I’ve requested here multiple that we should have separate sensitivity settings for both types of heroes.

    I know how to play the character. It’s abundantly clear to me that if you have decent aim he’s a force to be reckoned with. If you have great aim, he’s virtually unstoppable. Han is obviously very threatening with great aim, but he’s also very killable. The same is not true of Boba.

    Earlier you said to someone you have vs'd players from the forum and considered them all to be "mediocre at best". Yet you just said you don't have good aim (regardless of the sensitivity reasoning). To call others mediocre, yet to admit you don't have great aim is a little ironic, no? Are you saying that basically all you do in the game is play HvV Saber heroes?

    HvV is a team game that gives the option to change heroes whenever you die. So that means if you see a hero that has been giving you trouble when you are a Saber hero, then the option is there to go and pick character like Finn or Chewie or can handle Boba better in many situations. That's where the balance in the game comes in. If you aren't willing to adapt and play blaster heroes to counter a good Boba, then sorry but that's your own fault for being stagnant in the game and always choosing Saber heroes because you like them the most. Even in GA you sometimes have to pick a hero that is right for the situation. For example if I see a Finn on one of the big maps that I might normally chose Boba on, then I sometimes don't choose him because Finn provides a way higher likelihood of death if I were to choose Boba.

    I dont see how a saber main needs good aim to be good in HvV and there is nothing wrong with being a saber main either blasters are simply not as good as sabers minus Boba.

    vs the best Boba players any blaster is a free kill and sabers cant kill him either he is a problem right now.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN: unit900000 Xbox gamer tag: MetaltronXII
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    OP do you ever play with Boba? If you do, are you good with him?
    Not often and not really. I’m ok sometimes but I wouldn’t say I’m good.

    Even if I was really good with him I’d be saying the same thing. I don’t need to take the best character and slaughter a team to feel good about myself. I’ve been with girls. I have a life.

    Well let me just congratulate you on the girls thing, even though it is mostly irrelevant to really feeling good about yourself.

    I was just curious if you have experienced how good he is first hand or if you have only been on the receiving end of things.

    Boba is a good hero, but he's far from being as OP as you make him out to be. He can be killed or countered with cover like inside buildings and close quarters combat. I mean I saw you basically say those things can't be said to be genuine counters to him, but they are. It's the same as if you are Boba and chasing down a Finn in open area. It's just something you don't do and that particular situation will get you killed. So if it's ok for one open area situation to be a counter to a certain hero then you have to consider that close quarters areas, like within buildings, are also viable tools to use to kill him.

    I don't think he's anymore OP than any of the other heroes that get called OP really.
    I don’t have great aim. Part of that is because my sensitivity is set for my comfort with lightsabers, and I don’t change it for blasters. I’ve requested here multiple that we should have separate sensitivity settings for both types of heroes.

    I know how to play the character. It’s abundantly clear to me that if you have decent aim he’s a force to be reckoned with. If you have great aim, he’s virtually unstoppable. Han is obviously very threatening with great aim, but he’s also very killable. The same is not true of Boba.

    Earlier you said to someone you have vs'd players from the forum and considered them all to be "mediocre at best". Yet you just said you don't have good aim (regardless of the sensitivity reasoning). To call others mediocre, yet to admit you don't have great aim is a little ironic, no? Are you saying that basically all you do in the game is play HvV Saber heroes?

    HvV is a team game that gives the option to change heroes whenever you die. So that means if you see a hero that has been giving you trouble when you are a Saber hero, then the option is there to go and pick character like Finn or Chewie or can handle Boba better in many situations. That's where the balance in the game comes in. If you aren't willing to adapt and play blaster heroes to counter a good Boba, then sorry but that's your own fault for being stagnant in the game and always choosing Saber heroes because you like them the most. Even in GA you sometimes have to pick a hero that is right for the situation. For example if I see a Finn on one of the big maps that I might normally chose Boba on, then I sometimes don't choose him because Finn provides a way higher likelihood of death if I were to choose Boba.

    I dont see how a saber main needs good aim to be good in HvV and there is nothing wrong with being a saber main either blasters are simply not as good as sabers minus Boba.

    vs the best Boba players any blaster is a free kill and sabers cant kill him either he is a problem right now.

    It's because it's highly unlikely that a player would play the game long enough to be considered a good player and yet at the same time not develop good aim. It's possible, but just very very unlikely. They would have to barely ever play the big game modes and at the same time stick to Saber heroes only in HvV. Assuming they become good at the Saber heroes and then only use them, then that's like hundreds and hundreds of hours of the same thing over and over again. Perhaps I should of said it's ironic that he is calling other players mediocre if his aim is bad only if he isn't one of the very few people who have played HvV Saber heroes only for months and months. It's not that hard to be good with the Saber heroes anyway, so even then I personally would still consider someone a mediocre player who did that and thus I'd still believe it was ironic for him to call others mediocre regardless of how good he is with Saber heroes.
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    OP do you ever play with Boba? If you do, are you good with him?
    Not often and not really. I’m ok sometimes but I wouldn’t say I’m good.

    Even if I was really good with him I’d be saying the same thing. I don’t need to take the best character and slaughter a team to feel good about myself. I’ve been with girls. I have a life.

    Well let me just congratulate you on the girls thing, even though it is mostly irrelevant to really feeling good about yourself.

    I was just curious if you have experienced how good he is first hand or if you have only been on the receiving end of things.

    Boba is a good hero, but he's far from being as OP as you make him out to be. He can be killed or countered with cover like inside buildings and close quarters combat. I mean I saw you basically say those things can't be said to be genuine counters to him, but they are. It's the same as if you are Boba and chasing down a Finn in open area. It's just something you don't do and that particular situation will get you killed. So if it's ok for one open area situation to be a counter to a certain hero then you have to consider that close quarters areas, like within buildings, are also viable tools to use to kill him.

    I don't think he's anymore OP than any of the other heroes that get called OP really.
    I don’t have great aim. Part of that is because my sensitivity is set for my comfort with lightsabers, and I don’t change it for blasters. I’ve requested here multiple that we should have separate sensitivity settings for both types of heroes.

    I know how to play the character. It’s abundantly clear to me that if you have decent aim he’s a force to be reckoned with. If you have great aim, he’s virtually unstoppable. Han is obviously very threatening with great aim, but he’s also very killable. The same is not true of Boba.

    Earlier you said to someone you have vs'd players from the forum and considered them all to be "mediocre at best". Yet you just said you don't have good aim (regardless of the sensitivity reasoning). To call others mediocre, yet to admit you don't have great aim is a little ironic, no? Are you saying that basically all you do in the game is play HvV Saber heroes?

    HvV is a team game that gives the option to change heroes whenever you die. So that means if you see a hero that has been giving you trouble when you are a Saber hero, then the option is there to go and pick character like Finn or Chewie or can handle Boba better in many situations. That's where the balance in the game comes in. If you aren't willing to adapt and play blaster heroes to counter a good Boba, then sorry but that's your own fault for being stagnant in the game and always choosing Saber heroes because you like them the most. Even in GA you sometimes have to pick a hero that is right for the situation. For example if I see a Finn on one of the big maps that I might normally chose Boba on, then I sometimes don't choose him because Finn provides a way higher likelihood of death if I were to choose Boba.

    I dont see how a saber main needs good aim to be good in HvV and there is nothing wrong with being a saber main either blasters are simply not as good as sabers minus Boba.

    vs the best Boba players any blaster is a free kill and sabers cant kill him either he is a problem right now.

    Like I said before with vsing a good Boba, using terrain and inside buildings to your advantage is sometimes a must do if you want to beat him. It is a valid argument to use these things to your advantage because it is an option to use in the game for everyone.

    Anakin is the best Saber counter to Boba. With Anakin's large health and ability to use HM to absorb rockets, and also to pull Boba makes him quite good against Boba. Also a Finn with some cover (doesn't even need cover sometimes) and standing in an area where the Boba has to cross a lot of open space to reach is not an easy kill for a Boba no matter what you say. Boba will rarely get close enough for rockets and Finn's weapon is a better long range gun. Not even to mention how devastating deadeye is to a Boba in open space.
  • MC_XIX
    2420 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    With a saber hero, you can literally press one button and go on a rampage no matter what level you are. Do we see level 0 - 10 Vaders, Lukes and Kylos getting easy kills and good scores in HvV? Yes, and quite often, because they are easy to use and don't require much practice.

    Do we see level 0 - 10 Boba Fetts dominating? No. Not ever. He always finishes last on the scoreboard and with barely any eliminations.

    And while we're on that subject, how many Boba Fetts do you see with top score? Once in a blue moon if the character has great accuracy.
  • MC_XIX wrote: »
    With a saber hero, you can literally press one button and go on a rampage no matter what level you are. Do we see level 0 - 10 Vaders, Lukes and Kylos getting easy kills and good scores in HvV? Yes, and quite often, because they are easy to use and don't require much practice.

    Do we see level 0 - 10 Boba Fetts dominating? No. Not ever. He always finishes last on the scoreboard and with barely any eliminations.

    And while we're on that subject, how many Boba Fetts do you see with top score? Once in a blue moon if the character has great accuracy.

    My friend DarthLahey is the best Boba player I know and gets first every time he uses him.
  • The_Rookie
    3870 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    unit900000 wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    OP do you ever play with Boba? If you do, are you good with him?
    Not often and not really. I’m ok sometimes but I wouldn’t say I’m good.

    Even if I was really good with him I’d be saying the same thing. I don’t need to take the best character and slaughter a team to feel good about myself. I’ve been with girls. I have a life.

    Well let me just congratulate you on the girls thing, even though it is mostly irrelevant to really feeling good about yourself.

    I was just curious if you have experienced how good he is first hand or if you have only been on the receiving end of things.

    Boba is a good hero, but he's far from being as OP as you make him out to be. He can be killed or countered with cover like inside buildings and close quarters combat. I mean I saw you basically say those things can't be said to be genuine counters to him, but they are. It's the same as if you are Boba and chasing down a Finn in open area. It's just something you don't do and that particular situation will get you killed. So if it's ok for one open area situation to be a counter to a certain hero then you have to consider that close quarters areas, like within buildings, are also viable tools to use to kill him.

    I don't think he's anymore OP than any of the other heroes that get called OP really.
    I don’t have great aim. Part of that is because my sensitivity is set for my comfort with lightsabers, and I don’t change it for blasters. I’ve requested here multiple that we should have separate sensitivity settings for both types of heroes.

    I know how to play the character. It’s abundantly clear to me that if you have decent aim he’s a force to be reckoned with. If you have great aim, he’s virtually unstoppable. Han is obviously very threatening with great aim, but he’s also very killable. The same is not true of Boba.

    Earlier you said to someone you have vs'd players from the forum and considered them all to be "mediocre at best". Yet you just said you don't have good aim (regardless of the sensitivity reasoning). To call others mediocre, yet to admit you don't have great aim is a little ironic, no? Are you saying that basically all you do in the game is play HvV Saber heroes?

    HvV is a team game that gives the option to change heroes whenever you die. So that means if you see a hero that has been giving you trouble when you are a Saber hero, then the option is there to go and pick character like Finn or Chewie or can handle Boba better in many situations. That's where the balance in the game comes in. If you aren't willing to adapt and play blaster heroes to counter a good Boba, then sorry but that's your own fault for being stagnant in the game and always choosing Saber heroes because you like them the most. Even in GA you sometimes have to pick a hero that is right for the situation. For example if I see a Finn on one of the big maps that I might normally chose Boba on, then I sometimes don't choose him because Finn provides a way higher likelihood of death if I were to choose Boba.

    I dont see how a saber main needs good aim to be good in HvV and there is nothing wrong with being a saber main either blasters are simply not as good as sabers minus Boba.

    vs the best Boba players any blaster is a free kill and sabers cant kill him either he is a problem right now.

    It's because it's highly unlikely that a player would play the game long enough to be considered a good player and yet at the same time not develop good aim. It's possible, but just very very unlikely. They would have to barely ever play the big game modes and at the same time stick to Saber heroes only in HvV. Assuming they become good at the Saber heroes and then only use them, then that's like hundreds and hundreds of hours of the same thing over and over again. Perhaps I should of said it's ironic that he is calling other players mediocre if his aim is bad only if he isn't one of the very few people who have played HvV Saber heroes only for months and months. It's not that hard to be good with the Saber heroes anyway, so even then I personally would still consider someone a mediocre player who did that and thus I'd still believe it was ironic for him to call others mediocre regardless of how good he is with Saber heroes.
    I mean, hey, I’m willing to play with anyone, unlike many of the trolls here. I have nothing to hide, but also nothing to prove. I don’t care if someone critiques my play. I don’t care if I’m the worst player in the world. I’m not going around proclaiming to be the best. All I care about in this game is making HvV functional.

    I’ve posted plenty of videos and I’ve streamed plenty of times. Yet everyone here is a know-it-all, with no actual evidence that they even play the game.

    There have been a few players here who challenged my expertise, and then we got into the game and they were worse than my worst randoms. Major HvV steamrolls where they couldn’t crack 2,000 points, and I posted the screenshots to prove it (for one rude person). So I was being kind with “mediocre at best.”
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    unit900000 wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    OP do you ever play with Boba? If you do, are you good with him?
    Not often and not really. I’m ok sometimes but I wouldn’t say I’m good.

    Even if I was really good with him I’d be saying the same thing. I don’t need to take the best character and slaughter a team to feel good about myself. I’ve been with girls. I have a life.

    Well let me just congratulate you on the girls thing, even though it is mostly irrelevant to really feeling good about yourself.

    I was just curious if you have experienced how good he is first hand or if you have only been on the receiving end of things.

    Boba is a good hero, but he's far from being as OP as you make him out to be. He can be killed or countered with cover like inside buildings and close quarters combat. I mean I saw you basically say those things can't be said to be genuine counters to him, but they are. It's the same as if you are Boba and chasing down a Finn in open area. It's just something you don't do and that particular situation will get you killed. So if it's ok for one open area situation to be a counter to a certain hero then you have to consider that close quarters areas, like within buildings, are also viable tools to use to kill him.

    I don't think he's anymore OP than any of the other heroes that get called OP really.
    I don’t have great aim. Part of that is because my sensitivity is set for my comfort with lightsabers, and I don’t change it for blasters. I’ve requested here multiple that we should have separate sensitivity settings for both types of heroes.

    I know how to play the character. It’s abundantly clear to me that if you have decent aim he’s a force to be reckoned with. If you have great aim, he’s virtually unstoppable. Han is obviously very threatening with great aim, but he’s also very killable. The same is not true of Boba.

    Earlier you said to someone you have vs'd players from the forum and considered them all to be "mediocre at best". Yet you just said you don't have good aim (regardless of the sensitivity reasoning). To call others mediocre, yet to admit you don't have great aim is a little ironic, no? Are you saying that basically all you do in the game is play HvV Saber heroes?

    HvV is a team game that gives the option to change heroes whenever you die. So that means if you see a hero that has been giving you trouble when you are a Saber hero, then the option is there to go and pick character like Finn or Chewie or can handle Boba better in many situations. That's where the balance in the game comes in. If you aren't willing to adapt and play blaster heroes to counter a good Boba, then sorry but that's your own fault for being stagnant in the game and always choosing Saber heroes because you like them the most. Even in GA you sometimes have to pick a hero that is right for the situation. For example if I see a Finn on one of the big maps that I might normally chose Boba on, then I sometimes don't choose him because Finn provides a way higher likelihood of death if I were to choose Boba.

    I dont see how a saber main needs good aim to be good in HvV and there is nothing wrong with being a saber main either blasters are simply not as good as sabers minus Boba.

    vs the best Boba players any blaster is a free kill and sabers cant kill him either he is a problem right now.

    It's because it's highly unlikely that a player would play the game long enough to be considered a good player and yet at the same time not develop good aim. It's possible, but just very very unlikely. They would have to barely ever play the big game modes and at the same time stick to Saber heroes only in HvV. Assuming they become good at the Saber heroes and then only use them, then that's like hundreds and hundreds of hours of the same thing over and over again. Perhaps I should of said it's ironic that he is calling other players mediocre if his aim is bad only if he isn't one of the very few people who have played HvV Saber heroes only for months and months. It's not that hard to be good with the Saber heroes anyway, so even then I personally would still consider someone a mediocre player who did that and thus I'd still believe it was ironic for him to call others mediocre regardless of how good he is with Saber heroes.
    I mean, hey, I’m willing to play with anyone, unlike many of the trolls here. I have nothing to hide, but also nothing to prove. I don’t care if someone critiques my play. I don’t care if I’m the worst player in the world. I’m not going around proclaiming to be the best. All I care about in this game is making HvV functional.

    I’ve posted plenty of videos and I’ve streamed plenty of times. Yet everyone here is a know-it-all, with no actual evidence that they even play the game.

    There have been a few players here who challenged my expertise, and then we got into the game and they were worse than my worst randoms. Major HvV steamrolls where they couldn’t crack 2,000 points, and I posted the screenshots to prove it (for one rude person). So I was being kind with “mediocre at best.”

    No evidence they play the game? If they are on this forum then it's a prerequisite that they own the game. So you can at least assume they have played or do play it.

    So you can steamroll bad players in HvV. So what? I'm not sure that still makes you a good player. I mean you still have the not so great aim, like you said. Yeah you can not trust anyone on here about how good they are really, but within your own thread it's not anyone's job to convince you of that, but rather it's your job to convince us that you know what you are talking about.

    From your OP you asked if your feelings on Boba need explaining. Yeah they do. Because I've said a few things about balance that you haven't responded to. Like the overall team being the way to counter Boba, specifically changing to useful blaster heroes and not just using your hero of preference. Also using cover and inside buildings to counter his flying ability. Unless you really have a good response to those things, then he doesn't seem OP when measured against the other top heroes.

    Do you have links to your gameplay at all?
  • Oh, for crying out loud. The point was made. Yes, he's a solid player. All this back and forth on who is skilled and who's not. Boba's OP, got it. He's not going to get killswitched, and this arguing in the forum very rarely translates into what transpires in this game.
  • Oh, for crying out loud. The point was made. Yes, he's a solid player. All this back and forth on who is skilled and who's not. Boba's OP, got it. He's not going to get killswitched, and this arguing in the forum very rarely translates into what transpires in this game.

    No I don't "got it". I've given reasons why I don't believe he is and asked the OP if he has anything to say to counter that reasoning.

    Anakin got nerfed majorly, we just had boots on the ground event, they made changes to the latest patches Saber combat. Guess what? They were all done because of the forums.
  • What's funny is all those people asking for Jango Fett to be added. Can you imagine two of them at the same time?

    How is that any different than Luke and Anakin running around?

    Yeah maybe forward jet pack speed should be reduced slightly and rocket damage, but then boba and jango should get better accuracy or more damage for main blasters and boba get an improved concussion missile.

    All they have to do to balance adding Jango is bring in like a Clone Trooper hero like REX that has dual pistols and essentially works like a BUFFED ARC TROOPER that maybe also gets a thermal detonator like Han to blast people out of the sky. Maybe even improve the damage drop of distance too. Balanced.

    Ok, I'll bite - "Luke and Anakin running around" is just that. Two Fett's diving in while you are locked up in lightsaber combat and flying away when you try to retaliate is enough to provoke insanity. The ARC Trooper is Rex in all but name and armor and has no place in HvV. Another thing the game does not need is more characters with thermal detonators.

    Now I'll jump in.......again how is that any different than Luke and Anakin coming up behind you and doing the same??????????........especially with Luke's speed now and his new star card. Have you even learned the simple fact of utilizing Anakin might to force absorb Boba's damage and send it back to Boba and enemy team? Have you even learned to equip luke force push extend star card to reach Boba while he is flying in the air? Have you learned to use han and detonite, or chewy and overheat, or Finn and deadeye. Boba is still beatable in the game. Just sounds like you haven't figured out how to do it properly yet.



    Yeah boba is still faster flying around than anyone in the game and like I said before the forward movement speed of boba should be slightly reduced so that he can't do laps around the map. They also need to reduce his rocket damage but buff his blaster damage and improve his concussion missile too. I already said that in my post.


    Adding Jango to the game isn't going to be the same as adding another Boba.............you can easily give him new abilities that require him to play much different than Boba. Man you have no imagination what-so-ever. Also REX does have a place in this game because he is in Star Wars universe and again they could do numerous things with him to counter balance him and Jango. I just gave one example of a possible setup that could be used to counter balance him, but again you have limited imagination and no inventive mindset what-so-ever. I suggested REX and Jango because they are essentially the same person and could be done really easily and really quickly to the game as they could be a combination and hodgepodge over other characters already in the game. You can use the same face for both because one is a clone of the other, you can use a lot of the same voice lines because they have the same voice, you can base a lot of the design on other characters already in the game, Boba and one of the clone troopers, you can still make them drastically different characters by giving them at least one or two unique abilities.

    AGAIN GO LEARN THE GAME AND GET SOME IMAGINATION!

  • What's funny is all those people asking for Jango Fett to be added. Can you imagine two of them at the same time?

    How is that any different than Luke and Anakin running around?

    Yeah maybe forward jet pack speed should be reduced slightly and rocket damage, but then boba and jango should get better accuracy or more damage for main blasters and boba get an improved concussion missile.

    All they have to do to balance adding Jango is bring in like a Clone Trooper hero like REX that has dual pistols and essentially works like a BUFFED ARC TROOPER that maybe also gets a thermal detonator like Han to blast people out of the sky. Maybe even improve the damage drop of distance too. Balanced.

    Ok, I'll bite - "Luke and Anakin running around" is just that. Two Fett's diving in while you are locked up in lightsaber combat and flying away when you try to retaliate is enough to provoke insanity. The ARC Trooper is Rex in all but name and armor and has no place in HvV. Another thing the game does not need is more characters with thermal detonators.

    Now I'll jump in.......again how is that any different than Luke and Anakin coming up behind you and doing the same??????????........especially with Luke's speed now and his new star card. Have you even learned the simple fact of utilizing Anakin might to force absorb Boba's damage and send it back to Boba and enemy team? Have you even learned to equip luke force push extend star card to reach Boba while he is flying in the air? Have you learned to use han and detonite, or chewy and overheat, or Finn and deadeye. Boba is still beatable in the game. Just sounds like you haven't figured out how to do it properly yet.



    Yeah boba is still faster flying around than anyone in the game and like I said before the forward movement speed of boba should be slightly reduced so that he can't do laps around the map. They also need to reduce his rocket damage but buff his blaster damage and improve his concussion missile too. I already said that in my post.


    Adding Jango to the game isn't going to be the same as adding another Boba.............you can easily give him new abilities that require him to play much different than Boba. Man you have no imagination what-so-ever. Also REX does have a place in this game because he is in Star Wars universe and again they could do numerous things with him to counter balance him and Jango. I just gave one example of a possible setup that could be used to counter balance him, but again you have limited imagination and no inventive mindset what-so-ever. I suggested REX and Jango because they are essentially the same person and could be done really easily and really quickly to the game as they could be a combination and hodgepodge over other characters already in the game. You can use the same face for both because one is a clone of the other, you can use a lot of the same voice lines because they have the same voice, you can base a lot of the design on other characters already in the game, Boba and one of the clone troopers, you can still make them drastically different characters by giving them at least one or two unique abilities.

    AGAIN GO LEARN THE GAME AND GET SOME IMAGINATION!

    Less punctuation and taunts, add concise content and you might get a coherent point across. Try again.
  • What's funny is all those people asking for Jango Fett to be added. Can you imagine two of them at the same time?

    How is that any different than Luke and Anakin running around?

    Yeah maybe forward jet pack speed should be reduced slightly and rocket damage, but then boba and jango should get better accuracy or more damage for main blasters and boba get an improved concussion missile.

    All they have to do to balance adding Jango is bring in like a Clone Trooper hero like REX that has dual pistols and essentially works like a BUFFED ARC TROOPER that maybe also gets a thermal detonator like Han to blast people out of the sky. Maybe even improve the damage drop of distance too. Balanced.

    Ok, I'll bite - "Luke and Anakin running around" is just that. Two Fett's diving in while you are locked up in lightsaber combat and flying away when you try to retaliate is enough to provoke insanity. The ARC Trooper is Rex in all but name and armor and has no place in HvV. Another thing the game does not need is more characters with thermal detonators.

    Now I'll jump in.......again how is that any different than Luke and Anakin coming up behind you and doing the same??????????........especially with Luke's speed now and his new star card. Have you even learned the simple fact of utilizing Anakin might to force absorb Boba's damage and send it back to Boba and enemy team? Have you even learned to equip luke force push extend star card to reach Boba while he is flying in the air? Have you learned to use han and detonite, or chewy and overheat, or Finn and deadeye. Boba is still beatable in the game. Just sounds like you haven't figured out how to do it properly yet.



    Yeah boba is still faster flying around than anyone in the game and like I said before the forward movement speed of boba should be slightly reduced so that he can't do laps around the map. They also need to reduce his rocket damage but buff his blaster damage and improve his concussion missile too. I already said that in my post.


    Adding Jango to the game isn't going to be the same as adding another Boba.............you can easily give him new abilities that require him to play much different than Boba. Man you have no imagination what-so-ever. Also REX does have a place in this game because he is in Star Wars universe and again they could do numerous things with him to counter balance him and Jango. I just gave one example of a possible setup that could be used to counter balance him, but again you have limited imagination and no inventive mindset what-so-ever. I suggested REX and Jango because they are essentially the same person and could be done really easily and really quickly to the game as they could be a combination and hodgepodge over other characters already in the game. You can use the same face for both because one is a clone of the other, you can use a lot of the same voice lines because they have the same voice, you can base a lot of the design on other characters already in the game, Boba and one of the clone troopers, you can still make them drastically different characters by giving them at least one or two unique abilities.

    AGAIN GO LEARN THE GAME AND GET SOME IMAGINATION!

    Less punctuation and taunts, add concise content and you might get a coherent point across. Try again.

    Are you the police in this thread?
  • All this talk about Boba and just last night made a 400+ level Boba rage quit after killing him 6 or 7 times as Han. Boba can be countered......IF YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH. Facts, case closed, match point, check mate....you can try to spin it any way to make yourself feel better. If you cannot figure out how to kill Boba, then you are just not that good.
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    unit900000 wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    OP do you ever play with Boba? If you do, are you good with him?
    Not often and not really. I’m ok sometimes but I wouldn’t say I’m good.

    Even if I was really good with him I’d be saying the same thing. I don’t need to take the best character and slaughter a team to feel good about myself. I’ve been with girls. I have a life.

    Well let me just congratulate you on the girls thing, even though it is mostly irrelevant to really feeling good about yourself.

    I was just curious if you have experienced how good he is first hand or if you have only been on the receiving end of things.

    Boba is a good hero, but he's far from being as OP as you make him out to be. He can be killed or countered with cover like inside buildings and close quarters combat. I mean I saw you basically say those things can't be said to be genuine counters to him, but they are. It's the same as if you are Boba and chasing down a Finn in open area. It's just something you don't do and that particular situation will get you killed. So if it's ok for one open area situation to be a counter to a certain hero then you have to consider that close quarters areas, like within buildings, are also viable tools to use to kill him.

    I don't think he's anymore OP than any of the other heroes that get called OP really.
    I don’t have great aim. Part of that is because my sensitivity is set for my comfort with lightsabers, and I don’t change it for blasters. I’ve requested here multiple that we should have separate sensitivity settings for both types of heroes.

    I know how to play the character. It’s abundantly clear to me that if you have decent aim he’s a force to be reckoned with. If you have great aim, he’s virtually unstoppable. Han is obviously very threatening with great aim, but he’s also very killable. The same is not true of Boba.

    Earlier you said to someone you have vs'd players from the forum and considered them all to be "mediocre at best". Yet you just said you don't have good aim (regardless of the sensitivity reasoning). To call others mediocre, yet to admit you don't have great aim is a little ironic, no? Are you saying that basically all you do in the game is play HvV Saber heroes?

    HvV is a team game that gives the option to change heroes whenever you die. So that means if you see a hero that has been giving you trouble when you are a Saber hero, then the option is there to go and pick character like Finn or Chewie or can handle Boba better in many situations. That's where the balance in the game comes in. If you aren't willing to adapt and play blaster heroes to counter a good Boba, then sorry but that's your own fault for being stagnant in the game and always choosing Saber heroes because you like them the most. Even in GA you sometimes have to pick a hero that is right for the situation. For example if I see a Finn on one of the big maps that I might normally chose Boba on, then I sometimes don't choose him because Finn provides a way higher likelihood of death if I were to choose Boba.

    I dont see how a saber main needs good aim to be good in HvV and there is nothing wrong with being a saber main either blasters are simply not as good as sabers minus Boba.

    vs the best Boba players any blaster is a free kill and sabers cant kill him either he is a problem right now.

    It's because it's highly unlikely that a player would play the game long enough to be considered a good player and yet at the same time not develop good aim. It's possible, but just very very unlikely. They would have to barely ever play the big game modes and at the same time stick to Saber heroes only in HvV. Assuming they become good at the Saber heroes and then only use them, then that's like hundreds and hundreds of hours of the same thing over and over again. Perhaps I should of said it's ironic that he is calling other players mediocre if his aim is bad only if he isn't one of the very few people who have played HvV Saber heroes only for months and months. It's not that hard to be good with the Saber heroes anyway, so even then I personally would still consider someone a mediocre player who did that and thus I'd still believe it was ironic for him to call others mediocre regardless of how good he is with Saber heroes.
    I mean, hey, I’m willing to play with anyone, unlike many of the trolls here. I have nothing to hide, but also nothing to prove. I don’t care if someone critiques my play. I don’t care if I’m the worst player in the world. I’m not going around proclaiming to be the best. All I care about in this game is making HvV functional.

    I’ve posted plenty of videos and I’ve streamed plenty of times. Yet everyone here is a know-it-all, with no actual evidence that they even play the game.

    There have been a few players here who challenged my expertise, and then we got into the game and they were worse than my worst randoms. Major HvV steamrolls where they couldn’t crack 2,000 points, and I posted the screenshots to prove it (for one rude person). So I was being kind with “mediocre at best.”

    No evidence they play the game? If they are on this forum then it's a prerequisite that they own the game. So you can at least assume they have played or do play it.

    So you can steamroll bad players in HvV. So what? I'm not sure that still makes you a good player. I mean you still have the not so great aim, like you said. Yeah you can not trust anyone on here about how good they are really, but within your own thread it's not anyone's job to convince you of that, but rather it's your job to convince us that you know what you are talking about.

    From your OP you asked if your feelings on Boba need explaining. Yeah they do. Because I've said a few things about balance that you haven't responded to. Like the overall team being the way to counter Boba, specifically changing to useful blaster heroes and not just using your hero of preference. Also using cover and inside buildings to counter his flying ability. Unless you really have a good response to those things, then he doesn't seem OP when measured against the other top heroes.

    Do you have links to your gameplay at all?
    I don’t have time to answer all of that right now, but I’ll keep things real simple:

    1/20 characters can fly. Unbalanced.
    Dark Side players do not need to switch characters to be effective. Light Side players should not need to switch characters to kill Boba Fett. There’s more to it than that, but those two principles will always convince me that he creates great imbalance.

    I was referring to having these bad forum players on my team, not steamrolling them.

    You can look up L Demmy on YouTube.

    I’m not 100% certain that you need to own the game to post here. If you do, that still doesn’t mean that all of these people play it.
  • Wallofman wrote: »
    All this talk about Boba and just last night made a 400+ level Boba rage quit after killing him 6 or 7 times as Han. Boba can be countered......IF YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH. Facts, case closed, match point, check mate....you can try to spin it any way to make yourself feel better. If you cannot figure out how to kill Boba, then you are just not that good.
    @Wallofman
    Please remember that I did offer you a 1v1 lightsaber duel and you ignored the invitation. Go troll elsewhere.
  • Wallofman wrote: »
    All this talk about Boba and just last night made a 400+ level Boba rage quit after killing him 6 or 7 times as Han. Boba can be countered......IF YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH. Facts, case closed, match point, check mate....you can try to spin it any way to make yourself feel better. If you cannot figure out how to kill Boba, then you are just not that good.

    Was it a close game? I've had high level Boba's quit because their team was just bad only so much you can do when 3 teammates can't even get 8 eliminations by themselves. Probably weren't a good team if your han was doing anything besides being a free point
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    Wallofman wrote: »
    All this talk about Boba and just last night made a 400+ level Boba rage quit after killing him 6 or 7 times as Han. Boba can be countered......IF YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH. Facts, case closed, match point, check mate....you can try to spin it any way to make yourself feel better. If you cannot figure out how to kill Boba, then you are just not that good.
    @Wallofman
    Please remember that I did offer you a 1v1 lightsaber duel and you ignored the invitation. Go troll elsewhere.

    I do not have an XBox. Plus BFII does not have 1v1 so your challenge is pointless. Besides you have the nerve to call me a troll? LOL that's funny.

    You are just upset you are not as good as you think and get owned by avg Boba players, because you do not have the skill to adapt to the game.
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    unit900000 wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    OP do you ever play with Boba? If you do, are you good with him?
    Not often and not really. I’m ok sometimes but I wouldn’t say I’m good.

    Even if I was really good with him I’d be saying the same thing. I don’t need to take the best character and slaughter a team to feel good about myself. I’ve been with girls. I have a life.

    Well let me just congratulate you on the girls thing, even though it is mostly irrelevant to really feeling good about yourself.

    I was just curious if you have experienced how good he is first hand or if you have only been on the receiving end of things.

    Boba is a good hero, but he's far from being as OP as you make him out to be. He can be killed or countered with cover like inside buildings and close quarters combat. I mean I saw you basically say those things can't be said to be genuine counters to him, but they are. It's the same as if you are Boba and chasing down a Finn in open area. It's just something you don't do and that particular situation will get you killed. So if it's ok for one open area situation to be a counter to a certain hero then you have to consider that close quarters areas, like within buildings, are also viable tools to use to kill him.

    I don't think he's anymore OP than any of the other heroes that get called OP really.
    I don’t have great aim. Part of that is because my sensitivity is set for my comfort with lightsabers, and I don’t change it for blasters. I’ve requested here multiple that we should have separate sensitivity settings for both types of heroes.

    I know how to play the character. It’s abundantly clear to me that if you have decent aim he’s a force to be reckoned with. If you have great aim, he’s virtually unstoppable. Han is obviously very threatening with great aim, but he’s also very killable. The same is not true of Boba.

    Earlier you said to someone you have vs'd players from the forum and considered them all to be "mediocre at best". Yet you just said you don't have good aim (regardless of the sensitivity reasoning). To call others mediocre, yet to admit you don't have great aim is a little ironic, no? Are you saying that basically all you do in the game is play HvV Saber heroes?

    HvV is a team game that gives the option to change heroes whenever you die. So that means if you see a hero that has been giving you trouble when you are a Saber hero, then the option is there to go and pick character like Finn or Chewie or can handle Boba better in many situations. That's where the balance in the game comes in. If you aren't willing to adapt and play blaster heroes to counter a good Boba, then sorry but that's your own fault for being stagnant in the game and always choosing Saber heroes because you like them the most. Even in GA you sometimes have to pick a hero that is right for the situation. For example if I see a Finn on one of the big maps that I might normally chose Boba on, then I sometimes don't choose him because Finn provides a way higher likelihood of death if I were to choose Boba.

    I dont see how a saber main needs good aim to be good in HvV and there is nothing wrong with being a saber main either blasters are simply not as good as sabers minus Boba.

    vs the best Boba players any blaster is a free kill and sabers cant kill him either he is a problem right now.

    It's because it's highly unlikely that a player would play the game long enough to be considered a good player and yet at the same time not develop good aim. It's possible, but just very very unlikely. They would have to barely ever play the big game modes and at the same time stick to Saber heroes only in HvV. Assuming they become good at the Saber heroes and then only use them, then that's like hundreds and hundreds of hours of the same thing over and over again. Perhaps I should of said it's ironic that he is calling other players mediocre if his aim is bad only if he isn't one of the very few people who have played HvV Saber heroes only for months and months. It's not that hard to be good with the Saber heroes anyway, so even then I personally would still consider someone a mediocre player who did that and thus I'd still believe it was ironic for him to call others mediocre regardless of how good he is with Saber heroes.
    I mean, hey, I’m willing to play with anyone, unlike many of the trolls here. I have nothing to hide, but also nothing to prove. I don’t care if someone critiques my play. I don’t care if I’m the worst player in the world. I’m not going around proclaiming to be the best. All I care about in this game is making HvV functional.

    I’ve posted plenty of videos and I’ve streamed plenty of times. Yet everyone here is a know-it-all, with no actual evidence that they even play the game.

    There have been a few players here who challenged my expertise, and then we got into the game and they were worse than my worst randoms. Major HvV steamrolls where they couldn’t crack 2,000 points, and I posted the screenshots to prove it (for one rude person). So I was being kind with “mediocre at best.”

    No evidence they play the game? If they are on this forum then it's a prerequisite that they own the game. So you can at least assume they have played or do play it.

    So you can steamroll bad players in HvV. So what? I'm not sure that still makes you a good player. I mean you still have the not so great aim, like you said. Yeah you can not trust anyone on here about how good they are really, but within your own thread it's not anyone's job to convince you of that, but rather it's your job to convince us that you know what you are talking about.

    From your OP you asked if your feelings on Boba need explaining. Yeah they do. Because I've said a few things about balance that you haven't responded to. Like the overall team being the way to counter Boba, specifically changing to useful blaster heroes and not just using your hero of preference. Also using cover and inside buildings to counter his flying ability. Unless you really have a good response to those things, then he doesn't seem OP when measured against the other top heroes.

    Do you have links to your gameplay at all?
    I don’t have time to answer all of that right now, but I’ll keep things real simple:

    1/20 characters can fly. Unbalanced.
    Dark Side players do not need to switch characters to be effective. Light Side players should not need to switch characters to kill Boba Fett. There’s more to it than that, but those two principles will always convince me that he creates great imbalance.

    I was referring to having these bad forum players on my team, not steamrolling them.

    You can look up L Demmy on YouTube.

    I’m not 100% certain that you need to own the game to post here. If you do, that still doesn’t mean that all of these people play it.

    I really can't think of that many times I've had to switch a LS Saber hero because of a Boba. I'd hardly say that happens frequently enough throughout the entire player base for that to be considered a reason for a Boba nerf. Thats just speculation based on my own experience though, but then again I imagine you are assuming the majority of players have to swap to blaster heroes to counter him so you are just speculating as well when you say LS people have to switch heroes to counter him.

    You need a EA account that is linked to this game. I guess technically someone could get an EA account loaded onto an Xbox with the game and then log-in on that Xbox but not actually own the game. That's going to be like 1 in 10,000 people though haha. The rest are owners of the game.
  • Pigfoot wrote: »
    Wallofman wrote: »
    All this talk about Boba and just last night made a 400+ level Boba rage quit after killing him 6 or 7 times as Han. Boba can be countered......IF YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH. Facts, case closed, match point, check mate....you can try to spin it any way to make yourself feel better. If you cannot figure out how to kill Boba, then you are just not that good.

    Was it a close game? I've had high level Boba's quit because their team was just bad only so much you can do when 3 teammates can't even get 8 eliminations by themselves. Probably weren't a good team if your han was doing anything besides being a free point
    Pigfoot wrote: »
    Wallofman wrote: »
    All this talk about Boba and just last night made a 400+ level Boba rage quit after killing him 6 or 7 times as Han. Boba can be countered......IF YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH. Facts, case closed, match point, check mate....you can try to spin it any way to make yourself feel better. If you cannot figure out how to kill Boba, then you are just not that good.

    Was it a close game? I've had high level Boba's quit because their team was just bad only so much you can do when 3 teammates can't even get 8 eliminations by themselves. Probably weren't a good team if your han was doing anything besides being a free point

    It started off close, they were even up on use by 4 or 5 tickets. He was the top player on his team. I decided to focus on Boba. I ended up killing him multiple times in a row he rage quit half way through. We ended up winning because he left his team.

    I was Han and was not a free point. I ended up 2nd on the board.

    Earlier in the night, while playing in a group, I did the same thing to another Boba. The fact is he is easily countered. You just have to be willing to adapt. That is the main problem. Too many people refuse to abandon their favorite saber hero and switch over to a Boba killer.
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    Wallofman wrote: »
    All this talk about Boba and just last night made a 400+ level Boba rage quit after killing him 6 or 7 times as Han. Boba can be countered......IF YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH. Facts, case closed, match point, check mate....you can try to spin it any way to make yourself feel better. If you cannot figure out how to kill Boba, then you are just not that good.
    @Wallofman
    Please remember that I did offer you a 1v1 lightsaber duel and you ignored the invitation. Go troll elsewhere.

    Challenging someone to a duel in a broken game when the outcome of the duel does not change anything for the topic at hand?

    You are better then that man!
  • Wallofman wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    Wallofman wrote: »
    All this talk about Boba and just last night made a 400+ level Boba rage quit after killing him 6 or 7 times as Han. Boba can be countered......IF YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH. Facts, case closed, match point, check mate....you can try to spin it any way to make yourself feel better. If you cannot figure out how to kill Boba, then you are just not that good.
    @Wallofman
    Please remember that I did offer you a 1v1 lightsaber duel and you ignored the invitation. Go troll elsewhere.

    I do not have an XBox. Plus BFII does not have 1v1 so your challenge is pointless. Besides you have the nerve to call me a troll? LOL that's funny.

    You are just upset you are not as good as you think and get owned by avg Boba players, because you do not have the skill to adapt to the game.
    So what platform are you on?
  • The other primary issue with Boba is barrage, which pretty well makes him impossible to deal with as a Blaster Hero, as he can essentially delete your health bar with one button press.

    I'm sighing

    It's like nobody has heard of Charging Frenzy or Broad Shoulders. Albeit I agree the barrage damage is a bit much

    No one is picking Han, so broad shoulders is irrelevant.

    Charging Frenzy is fine, but Boba isn't barraging Chewie unless he's frozen/choked so it hardly matters unless it's a 1v1 interaction.

    Other Blaster Heroes can't do anything. Leia can try and play around her shield but putting it down is essentially a death sentence if there's other Saber's around. If she could redeploy it by pressing RB again it'd be a little better.

    Lmao @no one picking Han

    Already discussed that Bobas will wait for CC

    Already discussed that other LS blasters are useless. Leia is the most useless in HvV, though I agree if her shield could be deployed at will, she would be better.

    keeping it short so as not to keep repeating myself

    Yeah, nobody is picking Han lol. You seem to know Lag and Joker so you can ask them and they'll tell you the same thing. When it's two top tier teams playing Han is basically a free kill, he just bleeds tickets. If you're playing against a weaker team then sure, you might get away with it.

    This stupid comment review system deleted comment again

    And apparently you know Lando gam--?

    Anyways I'd laugh just the same when they agree with it. Han is (nearly) as viable as chewie and certainly not free kills. He's only missing one AOE and Boba control.

    Lando Gambino? I know him through Lag but we've only played together a couple of times. I was talking about Mr Landeaux earlier.

    Ah lol, funny that I've never seen you around. You got someone attesting that you're a really great player 👍props

    Dough is the best player I know, by a significant margin.

    As for what he said about Han; he’s right. Han is only viable against weaker teams. He simply doesn’t survive against stronger teams and bleeds tickets. Doesn’t matter how strong your peel is, he dies.

    WOW. That's super high praise considering some of the people that I am fairly certain sure Joker knows; thinking of Jedi and Opt in particular

    @TheElegantDough Allow me to extend you an invitation to fight in a Showdown match. I have a lot of respect for good players and I've always been looking for someone capable of fighting/beating us.

    If you don't have a good second teammate, then we can always just fight some 1v1s for fun, that is if you don't have a teammate. If you're willing

    As for the Han part, still laughing. He's still capable in top level play. He's just not Chewie

    And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

    he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours


  • CC_1010
    3536 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    I think that he should just get some nerfs. You do say that you’re against content removal, correct?
    Can they nerf him correctly, though? Will there ever be a time when he is not dominant against lightsabers?

    He's a bounty hunter blaster hero with a jetpack and rockets; he's always gonna be elite against saber heroes, especially by those that have quick reflexes and know how to use him. It's called working as intended; no nerfs are required. Better get used to it lol. Or should DICE remove his blaster and jetpack because you aren't getting your way?
    Yeah, I remember that scene in the movie when Boba was perpetually flying around and ultimately dropped rockets that killed LSJMAL. That must be what they base his in-game character on.

    But to answer your question, no. They should just remove him from HvV because they don’t know to balance him.

    ... It's a game...

    ... And content shouldn't be removed for no reason...
    It’s good to see that you think tremendous imbalance is “no reason.”

    There's a difference between "imbalance" (which Boba isn't) and your precious Rey getting owned by a blaster hero that can fly and shoot rockets (because he's a bounty hunter) revealing to all that you definitely aren't as good as you think you are (lol)...

    All heroes have their advantages and weaknesses. Can't expect a girl with a laser sword that had zero training to do everything and be unstoppable. Crying out for something to be removed just because you aren't getting your way and aren't as good as you think you are is just immature and sad man.

    ~deleted~
  • Wallofman wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    Wallofman wrote: »
    All this talk about Boba and just last night made a 400+ level Boba rage quit after killing him 6 or 7 times as Han. Boba can be countered......IF YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH. Facts, case closed, match point, check mate....you can try to spin it any way to make yourself feel better. If you cannot figure out how to kill Boba, then you are just not that good.
    @Wallofman
    Please remember that I did offer you a 1v1 lightsaber duel and you ignored the invitation. Go troll elsewhere.

    I do not have an XBox. Plus BFII does not have 1v1 so your challenge is pointless. Besides you have the nerve to call me a troll? LOL that's funny.

    You are just upset you are not as good as you think and get owned by avg Boba players, because you do not have the skill to adapt to the game.

    With a team of randoms and even a non voicechat premade it is very difficult to adapt to basically anything. Your team mates also need to support your playstyle and if they don’t you probably will lose.
    I often have this problem with my Obi Wan that I Play really defensive in most situations but this does not happen often as 95% of the player base plays hyper aggressively.
  • Personally I think Boba should just get some nerfs
    I'm the sarlacc that ate Boba Fett. I wish I hadn't because he was a favorite by many fans and an underdeveloped character.

    Join the ongoing demand for Private Matches/Servers below!

    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/130482/private-servers#latest
  • What's funny is all those people asking for Jango Fett to be added. Can you imagine two of them at the same time?

    How is that any different than Luke and Anakin running around?

    Yeah maybe forward jet pack speed should be reduced slightly and rocket damage, but then boba and jango should get better accuracy or more damage for main blasters and boba get an improved concussion missile.

    All they have to do to balance adding Jango is bring in like a Clone Trooper hero like REX that has dual pistols and essentially works like a BUFFED ARC TROOPER that maybe also gets a thermal detonator like Han to blast people out of the sky. Maybe even improve the damage drop of distance too. Balanced.

    Ok, I'll bite - "Luke and Anakin running around" is just that. Two Fett's diving in while you are locked up in lightsaber combat and flying away when you try to retaliate is enough to provoke insanity. The ARC Trooper is Rex in all but name and armor and has no place in HvV. Another thing the game does not need is more characters with thermal detonators.

    Now I'll jump in.......again how is that any different than Luke and Anakin coming up behind you and doing the same??????????........especially with Luke's speed now and his new star card. Have you even learned the simple fact of utilizing Anakin might to force absorb Boba's damage and send it back to Boba and enemy team? Have you even learned to equip luke force push extend star card to reach Boba while he is flying in the air? Have you learned to use han and detonite, or chewy and overheat, or Finn and deadeye. Boba is still beatable in the game. Just sounds like you haven't figured out how to do it properly yet.



    Yeah boba is still faster flying around than anyone in the game and like I said before the forward movement speed of boba should be slightly reduced so that he can't do laps around the map. They also need to reduce his rocket damage but buff his blaster damage and improve his concussion missile too. I already said that in my post.


    Adding Jango to the game isn't going to be the same as adding another Boba.............you can easily give him new abilities that require him to play much different than Boba. Man you have no imagination what-so-ever. Also REX does have a place in this game because he is in Star Wars universe and again they could do numerous things with him to counter balance him and Jango. I just gave one example of a possible setup that could be used to counter balance him, but again you have limited imagination and no inventive mindset what-so-ever. I suggested REX and Jango because they are essentially the same person and could be done really easily and really quickly to the game as they could be a combination and hodgepodge over other characters already in the game. You can use the same face for both because one is a clone of the other, you can use a lot of the same voice lines because they have the same voice, you can base a lot of the design on other characters already in the game, Boba and one of the clone troopers, you can still make them drastically different characters by giving them at least one or two unique abilities.

    AGAIN GO LEARN THE GAME AND GET SOME IMAGINATION!

    Less punctuation and taunts, add concise content and you might get a coherent point across. Try again.

    Hello punctuation police...........what do you call the second and third paragraph.
  • With this net code and lag compensation I don't know how you could possibly have a fair fight.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

    are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • willywonka7
    2355 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    You don't need to switch characters to counter/stop boba............any experienced person in the game can tell you there are several tactics to beat an irritating Boba player who is constantly running.

    Generally most people play the first two setups below anyway because you can more easily rock the sith characters and fett.
    • A team with yoda, luke, anakin and 1 of (Han, Chewy, Finn)
    • Rey, Obiwan, (Luke or Anakin), and (Han, Chewy, Finn)
    • or if your team is good enough you can run all blaster heroes and it's super hard for boba to get to you then. it can also be hard for some of the sith lords to get you too without your teammates stopping them. You just can bunch up together, but still be close enough to help each other out.
    • Han, Chewy, Finn, (Lando or Leia)

    Most important thing is for the jedi characters to guard the blaster hero and the blaster hero to take on fett with the help of jedi character guarding them. Then fett becomes much less of a threat. A lot of the times the person will give up playing fett and switch to jedi character or phasma because they can't get to anyone without dying at that point.

    You should almost never run a team of full saber heroes with Boba in the game because you will regularly have trouble getting him. It's that simple. If you run all lightsaber teams and expect to stop fett then that's on you for not switching out characters at any of the times you die to counterbalance your characters against their characters. The problem is that everyone in HvV thinks they can take everyone on by themselves, but the nature of the game mode is TEAMS.....so you need your teammates to win. Also every character has another character as a weakness, so learn to utilize those characters. There is a reason why they let you switch characters mid game. Most people can't seem to grasp this concept yet.

    If your going to run all jedi characters and expect to stop fett then you better learn the tactics to control him otherwise it again on you.
  • ColdAnimatedInvisiblerail-size_restricted.gif
    5char
  • ColdAnimatedInvisiblerail-size_restricted.gif
    5char

    Never knew Darth Maul hit Olive Garden. You would think the Lord of a crime syndicate could do a little better.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

    are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
Sign In or Register to comment.