criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Did they secretly nerf the speeders?

PGombi
87 posts Member
edited September 2019
Today I was messing around with speeders again. I gave it a break for several weeks. So, I was hunting some heroes (sorry, dear herolords), but instead of melting away their health with the laser barrage as usual I barely scratched their healthbar. I got the impression, that the splash damage has been greatly reduced.

Dear @F8RGE , did I just have a bad day, or did you secretly nerf the speeders?
Post edited by PGombi on

Replies

  • You need to get better, you don't need laser barrage to melt heroes with speeders.

    Thats actually pretty true
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

    Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

    OOM-9 For Battlefront 2


  • PGombi wrote: »
    Today I was messing around with speeders again. I gave it a break for several weeks. So, I was hunting some heroes (sorry, dear herolords), but instead of melting away their health with the laser barrage as usual I barely scratched their healthbar. I got the impression, that the splash damage has been greatly reduced.

    Dear @F8RGE , did I just have a bad day, or did you secretly nerf the speeders?

    A bad day.
  • moistboii wrote: »
    It's sad when a 150 BP bike is superior to a 4000 BP hero. Bike > Lightsaber wielding, force using Hero. Makes sense.

    Agreed, the cost should be higher, but you must accept once you spawn in as a hero you have a bullseye sign painted on your back.

    But this thread is not intended for this discussion.
  • Anything that mashes a light stick has to be nerfed.
  • moistboii wrote: »
    It's sad when a 150 BP bike is superior to a 4000 BP hero. Bike > Lightsaber wielding, force using Hero. Makes sense.

    It's not sad at all. Working as intended.

    Nope. It’s a bit ridiculous and should be nerfed or it needs an increase in BP. 150 BP is way too low for the escapability and damage done to heroes.

    You're all just salty because there's something that can own a hero. Heroes shouldn't be able to run out on the field immune to everything.
  • Every time I'm on a speeder it's like the entire battlefield pivots 180 and starts firing at me. I don't think speeder killing heroes is that much of a thing. Especially when they can jump to the ceiling
  • moistboii wrote: »
    It's sad when a 150 BP bike is superior to a 4000 BP hero. Bike > Lightsaber wielding, force using Hero. Makes sense.

    It's not sad at all. Working as intended.

    Nope. It’s a bit ridiculous and should be nerfed or it needs an increase in BP. 150 BP is way too low for the escapability and damage done to heroes.

    You're all just salty because there's something that can own a hero. Heroes shouldn't be able to run out on the field immune to everything.

    Thanks for trying to bring salty back. I’ve missed it. I agree that vehicles are a good way to do damage to heroes. Just think it’s cost is too low. You shouldn’t be able to easily own saber heroes for less than 4% of their BP cost.
  • It's ok for the speeder to one shot a hero with barrage, but saber heroes should be able to run up on it and damage it with their saber. Balanced, as all things should be
  • tankertoad wrote: »
    Every time I'm on a speeder it's like the entire battlefield pivots 180 and starts firing at me. I don't think speeder killing heroes is that much of a thing. Especially when they can jump to the ceiling


    I killed 6 heroes in CS in one round of one match. That didn’t count the hero kill assists. That’s ridiculous. I’m not even that good on the STAP. It’s pretty easy to kill heroes especially if you don’t mind dying a few times and you speed past the troopers.
  • tankertoad wrote: »
    Every time I'm on a speeder it's like the entire battlefield pivots 180 and starts firing at me. I don't think speeder killing heroes is that much of a thing. Especially when they can jump to the ceiling


    I killed 6 heroes in CS in one round of one match. That didn’t count the hero kill assists. That’s ridiculous. I’m not even that good on the STAP. It’s pretty easy to kill heroes especially if you don’t mind dying a few times and you speed past the troopers.

    Thats great. You've restored balance, peace, justice and security to CS.
  • tankertoad wrote: »
    Every time I'm on a speeder it's like the entire battlefield pivots 180 and starts firing at me. I don't think speeder killing heroes is that much of a thing. Especially when they can jump to the ceiling


    I killed 6 heroes in CS in one round of one match. That didn’t count the hero kill assists. That’s ridiculous. I’m not even that good on the STAP. It’s pretty easy to kill heroes especially if you don’t mind dying a few times and you speed past the troopers.

    Dang that's awesome! Good job!
  • I recall that lightsaber users were able to block shots from a vehicle in the films. For example, on Endor in Return of the Jedi, I know that Luke was able to deflect the shots from the speeder.
  • Nah they still obliterate heroes despite being 150 points
  • I've had this game for about a month and am not too experienced with the more specific details about the game so I didnt know that trying to hit a speeder bike with a lightsaber hero on level ground actually does not work at all. I tried this when a speeder bike was next to me, not looking at me, next to me. It drained almost all of my health somehow (with splash damage?) as an at st finished what the legendary, unstoppable, machine of death known as speeder bike started.
  • tankertoad wrote: »
    Every time I'm on a speeder it's like the entire battlefield pivots 180 and starts firing at me. I don't think speeder killing heroes is that much of a thing. Especially when they can jump to the ceiling


    I killed 6 heroes in CS in one round of one match. That didn’t count the hero kill assists. That’s ridiculous. I’m not even that good on the STAP. It’s pretty easy to kill heroes especially if you don’t mind dying a few times and you speed past the troopers.

    Thats great. You've restored balance, peace, justice and security to CS.

    God you are toxic. What is your thing against heros?

    Hes not toxic, he makes some good points but he and tankertoad both despise heroes.
  • tankertoad wrote: »
    Every time I'm on a speeder it's like the entire battlefield pivots 180 and starts firing at me. I don't think speeder killing heroes is that much of a thing. Especially when they can jump to the ceiling


    I killed 6 heroes in CS in one round of one match. That didn’t count the hero kill assists. That’s ridiculous. I’m not even that good on the STAP. It’s pretty easy to kill heroes especially if you don’t mind dying a few times and you speed past the troopers.

    Thats great. You've restored balance, peace, justice and security to CS.

    God you are toxic. What is your thing against heros?

    Hes not toxic, he makes some good points but he and tankertoad both despise heroes.

    But thats what makes the game different from something like battlefield!
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

    Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

    OOM-9 For Battlefront 2


  • tankertoad wrote: »
    Every time I'm on a speeder it's like the entire battlefield pivots 180 and starts firing at me. I don't think speeder killing heroes is that much of a thing. Especially when they can jump to the ceiling


    I killed 6 heroes in CS in one round of one match. That didn’t count the hero kill assists. That’s ridiculous. I’m not even that good on the STAP. It’s pretty easy to kill heroes especially if you don’t mind dying a few times and you speed past the troopers.

    Thats great. You've restored balance, peace, justice and security to CS.

    God you are toxic. What is your thing against heros?

    Hes not toxic, he makes some good points but he and tankertoad both despise heroes.

    You are projecting. And you are wrong. At least about me. You're taking mild circumstantial evidence from some comments and conflating that with something that you want to believe, something that's not true.
  • tankertoad wrote: »
    Every time I'm on a speeder it's like the entire battlefield pivots 180 and starts firing at me. I don't think speeder killing heroes is that much of a thing. Especially when they can jump to the ceiling


    I killed 6 heroes in CS in one round of one match. That didn’t count the hero kill assists. That’s ridiculous. I’m not even that good on the STAP. It’s pretty easy to kill heroes especially if you don’t mind dying a few times and you speed past the troopers.

    Thats great. You've restored balance, peace, justice and security to CS.

    God you are toxic. What is your thing against heros?

    Hes not toxic, he makes some good points but he and tankertoad both despise heroes.

    But thats what makes the game different from something like battlefield!

    Preaching to the choir bud. I'm a hero lord all the way, but some tweaks could be made to GA. 2 per side in all phases and raise cost to 6k would make it more balanced and ensure less scrubs get heroes.
  • tankertoad wrote: »
    tankertoad wrote: »
    Every time I'm on a speeder it's like the entire battlefield pivots 180 and starts firing at me. I don't think speeder killing heroes is that much of a thing. Especially when they can jump to the ceiling


    I killed 6 heroes in CS in one round of one match. That didn’t count the hero kill assists. That’s ridiculous. I’m not even that good on the STAP. It’s pretty easy to kill heroes especially if you don’t mind dying a few times and you speed past the troopers.

    Thats great. You've restored balance, peace, justice and security to CS.

    God you are toxic. What is your thing against heros?

    Hes not toxic, he makes some good points but he and tankertoad both despise heroes.

    You are projecting. And you are wrong. At least about me. You're taking mild circumstantial evidence from some comments and conflating that with something that you want to believe, something that's not true.

    LOL ok dude👍
  • tankertoad wrote: »
    Every time I'm on a speeder it's like the entire battlefield pivots 180 and starts firing at me. I don't think speeder killing heroes is that much of a thing. Especially when they can jump to the ceiling


    I killed 6 heroes in CS in one round of one match. That didn’t count the hero kill assists. That’s ridiculous. I’m not even that good on the STAP. It’s pretty easy to kill heroes especially if you don’t mind dying a few times and you speed past the troopers.

    Thats great. You've restored balance, peace, justice and security to CS.

    God you are toxic. What is your thing against heros?

    Hes not toxic, he makes some good points but he and tankertoad both despise heroes.

    But thats what makes the game different from something like battlefield!

    Preaching to the choir bud. I'm a hero lord all the way, but some tweaks could be made to GA. 2 per side in all phases and raise cost to 6k would make it more balanced and ensure less scrubs get heroes.

    Ah I would be okay with a increased cost but I like 4 heros at the end. Its more chaotic!
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

    Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

    OOM-9 For Battlefront 2


  • moistboii wrote: »
    It's sad when a 150 BP bike is superior to a 4000 BP hero. Bike > Lightsaber wielding, force using Hero. Makes sense.

    It's not sad at all. Working as intended.

    Nope. It’s a bit ridiculous and should be nerfed or it needs an increase in BP. 150 BP is way too low for the escapability and damage done to heroes.

    You're all just salty because there's something that can own a hero. Heroes shouldn't be able to run out on the field immune to everything.

    And you’re just salty at heroes because you get farmed all game 😆😆😆
  • tankertoad wrote: »
    Every time I'm on a speeder it's like the entire battlefield pivots 180 and starts firing at me. I don't think speeder killing heroes is that much of a thing. Especially when they can jump to the ceiling


    I killed 6 heroes in CS in one round of one match. That didn’t count the hero kill assists. That’s ridiculous. I’m not even that good on the STAP. It’s pretty easy to kill heroes especially if you don’t mind dying a few times and you speed past the troopers.

    Thats great. You've restored balance, peace, justice and security to CS.

    God you are toxic. What is your thing against heros?

    I simply only like then in HvV, just as I only like starfighters in SA.
  • moistboii wrote: »
    It's sad when a 150 BP bike is superior to a 4000 BP hero. Bike > Lightsaber wielding, force using Hero. Makes sense.

    It's not sad at all. Working as intended.

    Nope. It’s a bit ridiculous and should be nerfed or it needs an increase in BP. 150 BP is way too low for the escapability and damage done to heroes.

    You're all just salty because there's something that can own a hero. Heroes shouldn't be able to run out on the field immune to everything.

    And you’re just salty at heroes because you get farmed all game 😆😆😆

    Nah more like I've won a lot of games by simply using special units and not one hero as it's called skill. Must be a challenge for you to use a character that has extended hp / jump / speed, HoK, a laser sword that can deflect lasers, and Force abilities to kill troopers. Not a handicap at all lol. So talented.
  • tankertoad wrote: »
    Every time I'm on a speeder it's like the entire battlefield pivots 180 and starts firing at me. I don't think speeder killing heroes is that much of a thing. Especially when they can jump to the ceiling


    I killed 6 heroes in CS in one round of one match. That didn’t count the hero kill assists. That’s ridiculous. I’m not even that good on the STAP. It’s pretty easy to kill heroes especially if you don’t mind dying a few times and you speed past the troopers.

    Thats great. You've restored balance, peace, justice and security to CS.

    God you are toxic. What is your thing against heros?

    Hes not toxic, he makes some good points but he and tankertoad both despise heroes.

    But thats what makes the game different from something like battlefield!

    Preaching to the choir bud. I'm a hero lord all the way, but some tweaks could be made to GA. 2 per side in all phases and raise cost to 6k would make it more balanced and ensure less scrubs get heroes.

    Ah I would be okay with a increased cost but I like 4 heros at the end. Its more chaotic!

    That's the worst part about GA.
  • moistboii wrote: »
    It's sad when a 150 BP bike is superior to a 4000 BP hero. Bike > Lightsaber wielding, force using Hero. Makes sense.

    It's not sad at all. Working as intended.

    Nope. It’s a bit ridiculous and should be nerfed or it needs an increase in BP. 150 BP is way too low for the escapability and damage done to heroes.

    You're all just salty because there's something that can own a hero. Heroes shouldn't be able to run out on the field immune to everything.

    And you’re just salty at heroes because you get farmed all game 😆😆😆

    Nah more like I've won a lot of games by simply using special units and not one hero as it's called skill. Must be a challenge for you to use a character that has extended hp / jump / speed, HoK, a laser sword that can deflect lasers, and Force abilities to kill troopers. Not a handicap at all lol. So talented.

    Working as intended. Special units are handicaps too by definition😉
  • moistboii wrote: »
    It's sad when a 150 BP bike is superior to a 4000 BP hero. Bike > Lightsaber wielding, force using Hero. Makes sense.

    It's not sad at all. Working as intended.

    Nope. It’s a bit ridiculous and should be nerfed or it needs an increase in BP. 150 BP is way too low for the escapability and damage done to heroes.

    You're all just salty because there's something that can own a hero. Heroes shouldn't be able to run out on the field immune to everything.

    And you’re just salty at heroes because you get farmed all game 😆😆😆

    Nah more like I've won a lot of games by simply using special units and not one hero as it's called skill. Must be a challenge for you to use a character that has extended hp / jump / speed, HoK, a laser sword that can deflect lasers, and Force abilities to kill troopers. Not a handicap at all lol. So talented.

    Working as intended. Special units are handicaps too by definition😉

    No where near that of a hero. And a trooper player that knows what they're doing can take down an enforcer, aerial, infiltrator easily, even in a 1v1.
  • moistboii wrote: »
    It's sad when a 150 BP bike is superior to a 4000 BP hero. Bike > Lightsaber wielding, force using Hero. Makes sense.

    It's not sad at all. Working as intended.

    Nope. It’s a bit ridiculous and should be nerfed or it needs an increase in BP. 150 BP is way too low for the escapability and damage done to heroes.

    You're all just salty because there's something that can own a hero. Heroes shouldn't be able to run out on the field immune to everything.

    And you’re just salty at heroes because you get farmed all game 😆😆😆

    Nah more like I've won a lot of games by simply using special units and not one hero as it's called skill. Must be a challenge for you to use a character that has extended hp / jump / speed, HoK, a laser sword that can deflect lasers, and Force abilities to kill troopers. Not a handicap at all lol. So talented.

    Working as intended. Special units are handicaps too by definition😉

    No where near that of a hero. And a trooper player that knows what they're doing can take down an enforcer, aerial, infiltrator easily, even in a 1v1.

    And special units can kill heroes 1v1 easily as you’ve stated, so there shouldn’t be an issue with heroes that are working as intended 😉
  • moistboii wrote: »
    It's sad when a 150 BP bike is superior to a 4000 BP hero. Bike > Lightsaber wielding, force using Hero. Makes sense.

    It's not sad at all. Working as intended.

    Nope. It’s a bit ridiculous and should be nerfed or it needs an increase in BP. 150 BP is way too low for the escapability and damage done to heroes.

    You're all just salty because there's something that can own a hero. Heroes shouldn't be able to run out on the field immune to everything.

    And you’re just salty at heroes because you get farmed all game 😆😆😆

    Nah more like I've won a lot of games by simply using special units and not one hero as it's called skill. Must be a challenge for you to use a character that has extended hp / jump / speed, HoK, a laser sword that can deflect lasers, and Force abilities to kill troopers. Not a handicap at all lol. So talented.

    Working as intended. Special units are handicaps too by definition😉

    No where near that of a hero. And a trooper player that knows what they're doing can take down an enforcer, aerial, infiltrator easily, even in a 1v1.

    And special units can kill heroes 1v1 easily as you’ve stated, so there shouldn’t be an issue with heroes that are working as intended 😉

    Nice try lol, you're not fooling anyone. The best definition of 'working as intended' are speeders and stinger pistols against heroes. May the Force be with those legends.
  • moistboii wrote: »
    It's sad when a 150 BP bike is superior to a 4000 BP hero. Bike > Lightsaber wielding, force using Hero. Makes sense.

    It's not sad at all. Working as intended.

    Nope. It’s a bit ridiculous and should be nerfed or it needs an increase in BP. 150 BP is way too low for the escapability and damage done to heroes.

    You're all just salty because there's something that can own a hero. Heroes shouldn't be able to run out on the field immune to everything.

    And you’re just salty at heroes because you get farmed all game 😆😆😆

    Nah more like I've won a lot of games by simply using special units and not one hero as it's called skill. Must be a challenge for you to use a character that has extended hp / jump / speed, HoK, a laser sword that can deflect lasers, and Force abilities to kill troopers. Not a handicap at all lol. So talented.

    Working as intended. Special units are handicaps too by definition😉

    No where near that of a hero. And a trooper player that knows what they're doing can take down an enforcer, aerial, infiltrator easily, even in a 1v1.

    And special units can kill heroes 1v1 easily as you’ve stated, so there shouldn’t be an issue with heroes that are working as intended 😉

    Nice try lol, you're not fooling anyone. The best definition of 'working as intended' are speeders and stinger pistols against heroes. May the Force be with those legends.

    Negative ghost rider. A laser sword blocking, force abilities, and a faster and stronger unit are forsure working as intended silly. #DontGetFarm2019
  • Speeders bikes need to be 1000BP and have a health nerf to 350. Its makes no sense that they have 500 HP for just being an unarmored explosive rocket somebody rides.
  • bf2pro
    232 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    moistboii wrote: »
    It's sad when a 150 BP bike is superior to a 4000 BP hero. Bike > Lightsaber wielding, force using Hero. Makes sense.

    It's not sad at all. Working as intended.

    Nope. It’s a bit ridiculous and should be nerfed or it needs an increase in BP. 150 BP is way too low for the escapability and damage done to heroes.

    You're all just salty because there's something that can own a hero. Heroes shouldn't be able to run out on the field immune to everything.

    And you’re just salty at heroes because you get farmed all game 😆😆😆

    Nah more like I've won a lot of games by simply using special units and not one hero as it's called skill. Must be a challenge for you to use a character that has extended hp / jump / speed, HoK, a laser sword that can deflect lasers, and Force abilities to kill troopers. Not a handicap at all lol. So talented.

    Working as intended. Special units are handicaps too by definition😉

    No where near that of a hero. And a trooper player that knows what they're doing can take down an enforcer, aerial, infiltrator easily, even in a 1v1.

    And special units can kill heroes 1v1 easily as you’ve stated, so there shouldn’t be an issue with heroes that are working as intended 😉

    Nice try lol, you're not fooling anyone. The best definition of 'working as intended' are speeders and stinger pistols against heroes. May the Force be with those legends.

    I don't think you get to define what works as intended. I'm interested in the quotes where the devs explicitly state that speeders were designed as hero killers with zero counters like you say.
  • vonVile wrote: »
    Speeders bikes need to be 1000BP and have a health nerf to 350. Its makes no sense that they have 500 HP for just being an unarmored explosive rocket somebody rides.

    500hp is low for a vehicle, and they definitely don't need it nerfed as they're already easy to kill lol.
  • OoiiHooked_22
    4868 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    bf2pro wrote: »
    moistboii wrote: »
    It's sad when a 150 BP bike is superior to a 4000 BP hero. Bike > Lightsaber wielding, force using Hero. Makes sense.

    It's not sad at all. Working as intended.
    moistboii wrote: »
    It's sad when a 150 BP bike is superior to a 4000 BP hero. Bike > Lightsaber wielding, force using Hero. Makes sense.

    It's not sad at all. Working as intended.

    Nope. It’s a bit ridiculous and should be nerfed or it needs an increase in BP. 150 BP is way too low for the escapability and damage done to heroes.

    You're all just salty because there's something that can own a hero. Heroes shouldn't be able to run out on the field immune to everything.

    And you’re just salty at heroes because you get farmed all game 😆😆😆

    Nah more like I've won a lot of games by simply using special units and not one hero as it's called skill. Must be a challenge for you to use a character that has extended hp / jump / speed, HoK, a laser sword that can deflect lasers, and Force abilities to kill troopers. Not a handicap at all lol. So talented.

    Working as intended. Special units are handicaps too by definition😉

    No where near that of a hero. And a trooper player that knows what they're doing can take down an enforcer, aerial, infiltrator easily, even in a 1v1.

    And special units can kill heroes 1v1 easily as you’ve stated, so there shouldn’t be an issue with heroes that are working as intended 😉

    Nice try lol, you're not fooling anyone. The best definition of 'working as intended' are speeders and stinger pistols against heroes. May the Force be with those legends.

    Negative ghost rider. A laser sword blocking, force abilities, and a faster and stronger unit are forsure working as intended silly. #DontGetFarm2019

    "Working as intended" is another term for "I agree with it"
    moistboii wrote: »
    It's sad when a 150 BP bike is superior to a 4000 BP hero. Bike > Lightsaber wielding, force using Hero. Makes sense.

    It's not sad at all. Working as intended.

    Nope. It’s a bit ridiculous and should be nerfed or it needs an increase in BP. 150 BP is way too low for the escapability and damage done to heroes.

    You're all just salty because there's something that can own a hero. Heroes shouldn't be able to run out on the field immune to everything.

    And you’re just salty at heroes because you get farmed all game 😆😆😆

    Nah more like I've won a lot of games by simply using special units and not one hero as it's called skill. Must be a challenge for you to use a character that has extended hp / jump / speed, HoK, a laser sword that can deflect lasers, and Force abilities to kill troopers. Not a handicap at all lol. So talented.

    Working as intended. Special units are handicaps too by definition😉

    No where near that of a hero. And a trooper player that knows what they're doing can take down an enforcer, aerial, infiltrator easily, even in a 1v1.

    And special units can kill heroes 1v1 easily as you’ve stated, so there shouldn’t be an issue with heroes that are working as intended 😉

    Nice try lol, you're not fooling anyone. The best definition of 'working as intended' are speeders and stinger pistols against heroes. May the Force be with those legends.

    I don't think you get to define what works as intended. I'm interested in the quotes where the devs explicitly state that speeders were designed as hero killers with zero counters like you say.

    They aren’t INTENDED for any anti hero. Those are intended for vehicles. He just hates heroes in his games so he trolls that phrase 😂🤷🏻‍♂️ It’s a recon vehicle not a star destroyer
  • I'm usually more of a "run em down" driver myself.
  • I've never used a speeder bike until today. Got in one, drove 500 mph through the map and ended up behind a tank which I easily destroyed and crashed myself into another. 150 BP? Might as well try again. Destroyed another tank with that ridiculous laser barrage and just drove really fast again until I crashed into a wall. Yeah maybe they're a LITTLE overpowered.
  • tankertoad wrote: »
    Every time I'm on a speeder it's like the entire battlefield pivots 180 and starts firing at me. I don't think speeder killing heroes is that much of a thing. Especially when they can jump to the ceiling


    I killed 6 heroes in CS in one round of one match. That didn’t count the hero kill assists. That’s ridiculous. I’m not even that good on the STAP. It’s pretty easy to kill heroes especially if you don’t mind dying a few times and you speed past the troopers.

    Thats great. You've restored balance, peace, justice and security to CS.

    God you are toxic. What is your thing against heros?

    This
  • tankertoad wrote: »
    Every time I'm on a speeder it's like the entire battlefield pivots 180 and starts firing at me. I don't think speeder killing heroes is that much of a thing. Especially when they can jump to the ceiling


    I killed 6 heroes in CS in one round of one match. That didn’t count the hero kill assists. That’s ridiculous. I’m not even that good on the STAP. It’s pretty easy to kill heroes especially if you don’t mind dying a few times and you speed past the troopers.

    Thats great. You've restored balance, peace, justice and security to CS.

    God you are toxic. What is your thing against heros?

    This

    Welcome back!
Sign In or Register to comment.