criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

DEVS - Expanding Co-op, Instant Action and CS to all eras is VITAL for the future of BFII

2Next

Replies

• Lyc4n
    1636 posts Member
    killerzf7 wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    CS shouldn't be expanded upon, make real conquest instead.

If real conquest is the one without the capital ship phase, then I’m against it.

I don’t play CS much, but when I do I kinda look forward to the capital ship phase.

I don’t really like the idea of just capturing command posts on the ground and that’s it.

That’s because we don’t have true Conquest maps. Not even close, really. All of these maps are converted areas of GA maps. Map design is a major factor in the quality of any mode. Only a few people really talk about this point. Many of the maps aren’t even that good for a Rush(GA) environment. Even less so as ports for Conquest(CS). The ship phases are ok, but basically just mini-game fluff. The battle are decided on the ground. I’m hoping the ship phase redesign will improve the experience.

Previous DICE teams have designed outstanding Conquest maps. They invented the mode. Felucia will be the true test as to whether this team can measure up to the standards that early DICE developers pioneered.

The maps are fine, and Felucia will be flawless

I have higher expectations for Felucia. This map will be built for Conquest. F8rge has revealed his own excitement about that fact.

I agree, the other maps are fine. CS is my favorite mode. But there not fantastic or anything like that. I await Felucia with great interest.

Felucia's aesthetic mixed with the Frostbite engine will be impressive, most impressive.

I agree. Felucia will look beautiful unlike bland looking Geonosis.

You don't like Geonosis? It looks great. The again all maps look great, but Felucia will be insane. I want to see Scarif though

Geonosis is the same as hoth for me, it looks great as in it reaches what the potential of the planet could like like, its the planet itself which looks bad and boring. Felucia is a very unique planet aestheticslly and hopefully the map will resemble this.
  • hsf_ wrote: »
    I honestly want AI HvV so I can set the difficulty all the way up and go nuts

Dude, have you seen the hardest difficulty in Arcade right now? It's like watching a bunch of monkies on acid in storm trooper outfits.

LOL yeah I couldnt agree more. For HvV to be fun, theyd have to adjust the difficulty settings to be more unpredictable when you play on expert.
  • Lyc4n wrote: »

If real conquest is the one without the capital ship phase, then I’m against it.

I don’t play CS much, but when I do I kinda look forward to the capital ship phase.

I don’t really like the idea of just capturing command posts on the ground and that’s it.

That’s because we don’t have true Conquest maps. Not even close, really. All of these maps are converted areas of GA maps. Map design is a major factor in the quality of any mode. Only a few people really talk about this point. Many of the maps aren’t even that good for a Rush(GA) environment. Even less so as ports for Conquest(CS). The ship phases are ok, but basically just mini-game fluff. The battle are decided on the ground. I’m hoping the ship phase redesign will improve the experience.

Previous DICE teams have designed outstanding Conquest maps. They invented the mode. Felucia will be the true test as to whether this team can measure up to the standards that early DICE developers pioneered.

I have higher expectations for Felucia. This map will be built for Conquest. F8rge has revealed his own excitement about that fact.

I agree, the other maps are fine. CS is my favorite mode. But there not fantastic or anything like that. I await Felucia with great interest.

Felucia's aesthetic mixed with the Frostbite engine will be impressive, most impressive.

You don't like Geonosis? It looks great. The again all maps look great, but Felucia will be insane. I want to see Scarif though

Geonosis is the same as hoth for me, it looks great as in it reaches what the potential of the planet could like like, its the planet itself which looks bad and boring. Felucia is a very unique planet aestheticslly and hopefully the map will resemble this.

Also love Hoth, gets even better once indoors. Ah well, we all have our likes and dislikes. Death Star II is probably my fav
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    It's vital that Co-op, Instant Action and CS eventually make their way to all eras as these modes are Battlefront.

We wouldn't disagree, but nothing concrete to talk about just yet. We know Clone Wars has gone on for a while and maybe in an ideal world it would have 'finished' a few months ago. But regardless, we're happy with where we are and are excited for the future of the game.

As I mentioned elsewhere, our eyes are turning to other eras.

F8RGE you are making me a very, very happy man with these era shift comments.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Lyc4n
    1636 posts Member
    Lyc4n wrote: »

Also love Hoth, gets even better once indoors. Ah well, we all have our likes and dislikes. Death Star II is probably my fav

I dont mind it indoors tbh, outdoors is just plain white hills

It's almost as if it's a snow planet

Hoth is my favorite map.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Lyc4n
    1636 posts Member

Hahaha yh i no but thats what i mean, i find that boring. Same as gonosis, boring to look at
    It's vital that Co-op, Instant Action and CS eventually make their way to all eras as these modes are Battlefront.

We wouldn't disagree, but nothing concrete to talk about just yet. We know Clone Wars has gone on for a while and maybe in an ideal world it would have 'finished' a few months ago. But regardless, we're happy with where we are and are excited for the future of the game.

F8RGE you are making me a very, very happy man with these era shift comments.

Word
  • Liz4rD
    1148 posts Member

I think the new respawn mechanics are being implemented to make CS mode more like Conquest mode. Real fighting for owning command posts is what make Conquest a game of its own.

And I remember Battlefield 3 conquest mode in which all the conquest maps where selected regions of maps previously designed for rush mode. And it worked fine because of the platoon with respawn mechanics. Just my two cents about this (maybe because I'm so eager to see the mode polished and working finally well).

• Liz4rD
    1148 posts Member
    If nothing else, CS needs a larger map rotation. 5 maps will get old.

I'm beginning to wonder if a legit Conquest mode isn't in the works for other eras. Maybe they don't want to do CS in other eras because it would mean having to make new capital ship interiors. Instant Action is 100% Conquest gameplay, no phase 2. They've already said that Clone Wars is just the start for that. So could this mean Conquest with no Phase 2 is planned for ST and OT?

Maybe. It would be insane to see Death Star II map with command posts. It's a map with wide open areas, narrow corridors and levels at different heights in the same halls. Fighting for conquest there would be crazy (and no vehicles!).

Same for Tatooine but vehicles and starships also in the game.

Hahaha yh i no but thats what i mean, i find that boring. Same as gonosis, boring to look at

That's just the thing though: no maps are boring to look at even if they're open fields as the maps are marvelous, simply marvelous
  • Open all maps to any era needs to be done as an option.

I would agree for certain maps, as like in OG BF2
  • Liz4rD wrote: »
    If nothing else, CS needs a larger map rotation. 5 maps will get old.

I'm beginning to wonder if a legit Conquest mode isn't in the works for other eras. Maybe they don't want to do CS in other eras because it would mean having to make new capital ship interiors. Instant Action is 100% Conquest gameplay, no phase 2. They've already said that Clone Wars is just the start for that. So could this mean Conquest with no Phase 2 is planned for ST and OT?

Maybe. It would be insane to see Death Star II map with command posts. It's a map with wide open areas, narrow corridors and levels at different heights in the same halls. Fighting for conquest there would be crazy (and no vehicles!).

Same for Tatooine but vehicles and starships also in the game.

Death Star II and Tatooine Mos Eisley for CS would be boss to experience, I really love Yavin IV too
  • I'm really happy with DICE, keep adding legit stuff like this! All eras
  • Liz4rD wrote: »

I think the new respawn mechanics are being implemented to make CS mode more like Conquest mode. Real fighting for owning command posts is what make Conquest a game of its own.

And I remember Battlefield 3 conquest mode in which all the conquest maps where selected regions of maps previously designed for rush mode. And it worked fine because of the platoon with respawn mechanics. Just my two cents about this (maybe because I'm so eager to see the mode polished and working finally well).

Very true
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    I'm really happy with DICE, keep adding legit stuff like this! All eras

There's no slowing down for them now
  • Starmasui73146
    1678 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Really surprised at how good Co-op and Instant Action look from recent footage. Well done. Never thought we'd get offline / PvE content outside of Arcade, but am definitely keen to play them when released. Looks like a lot of fun. Hope we can also customise things like difficulty and what appearances our factions have, etc.

Love CS, and with spawnable command posts plus ship objectives changing next week so we don't have to worry about arming / disarming objectives anymore, the mode will be an even greater experience. Commandos and Felucia will be the icing on the cake. I feel sorry for the haters.

But what's truly important is eventually expanding these modes to all eras. I'm sure doing it for CS is more difficult, but it should be somewhat straightforward for Co-op and Instant Action given time. Not being able to experience these modes fighting on Galactic Civil War maps or Sequel Trilogy maps would be such a loss and wasted opportunity (especially when the maps are absolutely exquisite). This is what'll extend the life of the game as this is what the players want - this is what we want to experience.

Keep up the solid work.

Word. I couldn't have said it better about more eras and detailed "Instant Action" menu options. Truly a healthy dose of options to tweak our "Instant Action" experience is a must.
    “There is always hope.”
  • SQJACKIE
    1269 posts Member

He's right, is a game mode we cannot afford to lose
  • Really surprised at how good Co-op and Instant Action look from recent footage. Well done. Never thought we'd get offline / PvE content outside of Arcade, but am definitely keen to play them when released. Looks like a lot of fun. Hope we can also customise things like difficulty and what appearances our factions have, etc.

Love CS, and with spawnable command posts plus ship objectives changing next week so we don't have to worry about arming / disarming objectives anymore, the mode will be an even greater experience. Commandos and Felucia will be the icing on the cake. I feel sorry for the haters.

But what's truly important is eventually expanding these modes to all eras. I'm sure doing it for CS is more difficult, but it should be somewhat straightforward for Co-op and Instant Action given time. Not being able to experience these modes fighting on Galactic Civil War maps or Sequel Trilogy maps would be such a loss and wasted opportunity (especially when the maps are absolutely exquisite). This is what'll extend the life of the game as this is what the players want - this is what we want to experience.

Keep up the solid work.

Word. I couldn't have said it better about more eras and detailed "Instant Action" menu options. Truly a healthy dose of options to tweak our "Instant Action" experience is a must.

Gonna be a lot of fun with the more customizations the mode will allow. Hopefully the AI is decent. Long-term goal is to get all eras though.
  • I noticed on the video footage that not all the heroes were available on the CW maps. I want to to play as Vader on Naboo in Instant Action.

I don't agree with this, sorry. I like that heroes are era-specific, as it should be.

Isn't instant action PVE mode? What it is to you if someone wants to use vader on naboo? You era locked people even want to invade on people's private gameplay now haha It's easy, just have the option to era lock or not for PVE modes.
  • I noticed on the video footage that not all the heroes were available on the CW maps. I want to to play as Vader on Naboo in Instant Action.

I don't agree with this, sorry. I like that heroes are era-specific, as it should be.

Isn't instant action PVE mode? What it is to you if someone wants to use vader on naboo? You era locked people even want to invade on people's private gameplay now haha It's easy, just have the option to era lock or not for PVE modes.

Im sure it'll have all sorts of options

Yeah it was just odd to say you disagree with what that guy wants. I mean fair enough to not want era cross on multiplayer mode, that's ok to ask for that if you like. But it did seem an awful lot like you didn't even want that guy to have the option to use vader on naboo if he wanted to.

Yeah it was just odd to say you disagree with what that guy wants. I mean fair enough to not want era cross on multiplayer mode, that's ok to ask for that if you like. But it did seem an awful lot like you didn't even want that guy to have the option to use vader on naboo if he wanted to.

It's not like I'd have control over it anyway haha, just giving my opinion
  • Open all maps to any era needs to be done as an option.

I would agree for certain maps, as like in OG BF2

Word.
  • Really surprised at how good Co-op and Instant Action look from recent footage. Well done. Never thought we'd get offline / PvE content outside of Arcade, but am definitely keen to play them when released. Looks like a lot of fun. Hope we can also customise things like difficulty and what appearances our factions have, etc.

Keep up the solid work.

Gonna be a lot of fun with the more customizations the mode will allow. Hopefully the AI is decent. Long-term goal is to get all eras though.

Would be great to have weather selection as well as 'Time of day'.
  • StarWarsFanBoy18
    435 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Also adding private matches to the new PvE mode or Instant Action, I don't see why they have to have 4-players to play it what's wrong with just 2? Or 3? Or even just 1?! If I wanted to play with strangers I'd play multiplayer

The offline/PvE community has been requesting private matches since 2017
  • this_old_mouse
    2164 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    I noticed on the video footage that not all the heroes were available on the CW maps. I want to to play as Vader on Naboo in Instant Action.

I noticed on the video footage that not all the heroes were available on the CW maps. I want to to play as Vader on Naboo in Instant Action.

If the option is possible to have any era on any map, I see no reason not to follow through on it. If you want to have all out war with multiple eras, then you can do that if you want. It’s only you and a few friends playing on those settings. If you want to play era locked, then simply don’t use the out of era characters.
    TLDR since it’s only you and your friends in a server, why not let us do whatever the hell we want on it?

PSN: this_old_mouse

If the option is possible to have any era on any map, I see no reason not to follow through on it. If you want to have all out war with multiple eras, then you can do that if you want. It’s only you and a few friends playing on those settings. If you want to play era locked, then simply don’t use the out of era characters.
    TLDR since it’s only you and your friends in a server, why not let us do whatever the hell we want on it?

I agree 100%
  • I am getting a little tired of having to reload CS evetytime I have to play as a battledroid... More options would be welcome

Keep up the solid work.

Would be great to have weather selection as well as 'Time of day'.

Definitely down with this
  • Also adding private matches to the new PvE mode or Instant Action, I don't see why they have to have 4-players to play it what's wrong with just 2? Or 3? Or even just 1?! If I wanted to play with strangers I'd play multiplayer

Co-op could be the substitute for private matches
  • StarWarsFanBoy18
    435 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Also adding private matches to the new PvE mode or Instant Action, I don't see why they have to have 4-players to play it what's wrong with just 2? Or 3? Or even just 1?! If I wanted to play with strangers I'd play multiplayer

It's not really a good substitute though, seeing as your forced to be a team of 4. I only have one friend who plays BF2 and we should be able just to play by ourselves against AI.

The only way it would be a substitute is if DICE updates the Co-op mode so you don't need 4 players on the team
    Post edited by StarWarsFanBoy18 on
  • Also adding private matches to the new PvE mode or Instant Action, I don't see why they have to have 4-players to play it what's wrong with just 2? Or 3? Or even just 1?! If I wanted to play with strangers I'd play multiplayer

It's not really a good substitute though, seeing as your forced to be a team of 4. I only have one friend who plays BF2 and we should be able just to play by ourselves against AI.

The only way it would be a substitute is if DICE updates the Co-op mode so you don't need 4 players on the team

Hopefully we can do it like that

I'm sure it'll arrive with a fair variety of mode options
  • Curious to know what eras of GA maps for OT and ST people think are best for CS. With being able to spawn on players and command posts, there's no reason why more maps can't be added to CS in time.

Here's my suggestions:

OT - Yavin IV phase 1 & 2, Hoth phase 1, all of Tatooine and Death Star II, Endor phase 1 & 2.

ST - Jakku phase 1 & 2, all of Takodana, Starkiller Base phase 1 and part of the indoor section of phase 2, Crait phase 1 & 2, Ep 9 planet details are obviously unknown for now.
  • Hoth phase 1 would be amazing in CS

It's literally ready to go for CS.

And seeing 4 more ship interiors would be dope.
  • Maybe Scarif could replace Death Star II in the roster as I don't know how DSII would work with the whole ship-boarding aspect and maybe it'll be too cramped with AI (even though I love the map). Who knows.
  • I want to give an idea that I had for a long story for battlefront 3 which was canceled so basically my character was a clone trooper who served in the clone wars when the war ended he ended up joining the rebellion all the way to his death after episode nine he would have served under three generations of skywalkers this I was real proud of creating the character plus he met all characters of the entire saga of the ls including ahsoka and Sabine

Have you played the game? Have you ever been killed in the game by something that was nowhere near making contact with you? How could you be excited for the future of the game?
  • The 25th is approaching!
    The 25th is approaching!

A week away lol.

When is the video coming?!
    The 25th is approaching!

A week away lol.

When is the video coming?!

Good question dude, I'm anxiously waiting to get a look at this beauty. Dice makes some gorgeous maps
  • Maybe Scarif could replace Death Star II in the roster as I don't know how DSII would work with the whole ship-boarding aspect and maybe it'll be too cramped with AI (even though I love the map). Who knows.

For CS Scariff would make more sense but I hope they add DS2 to instant action.

I feel like this would be the best solution. DSII would definitely make it to Instant Action and Co-Op

I feel like this would be the best solution. DSII would definitely make it to Instant Action and Co-Op

I hope so, would be a shame if it didn't

Oh my word yes, Outpost Delta exterior, cool choice. 😎👍🏼
    “There is always hope.”