criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Remove Boba Fett from HvV

Replies

• The other primary issue with Boba is barrage, which pretty well makes him impossible to deal with as a Blaster Hero, as he can essentially delete your health bar with one button press.

I'm sighing

It's like nobody has heard of Charging Frenzy or Broad Shoulders. Albeit I agree the barrage damage is a bit much

No one is picking Han, so broad shoulders is irrelevant.

Charging Frenzy is fine, but Boba isn't barraging Chewie unless he's frozen/choked so it hardly matters unless it's a 1v1 interaction.

Other Blaster Heroes can't do anything. Leia can try and play around her shield but putting it down is essentially a death sentence if there's other Saber's around. If she could redeploy it by pressing RB again it'd be a little better.

Lmao @no one picking Han

Already discussed that Bobas will wait for CC

Already discussed that other LS blasters are useless. Leia is the most useless in HvV, though I agree if her shield could be deployed at will, she would be better.

keeping it short so as not to keep repeating myself

Yeah, nobody is picking Han lol. You seem to know Lag and Joker so you can ask them and they'll tell you the same thing. When it's two top tier teams playing Han is basically a free kill, he just bleeds tickets. If you're playing against a weaker team then sure, you might get away with it.

This stupid comment review system deleted comment again

And apparently you know Lando gam--?

Anyways I'd laugh just the same when they agree with it. Han is (nearly) as viable as chewie and certainly not free kills. He's only missing one AOE and Boba control.

Lando Gambino? I know him through Lag but we've only played together a couple of times. I was talking about Mr Landeaux earlier.

Ah lol, funny that I've never seen you around. You got someone attesting that you're a really great player 👍props

Dough is the best player I know, by a significant margin.

As for what he said about Han; he’s right. Han is only viable against weaker teams. He simply doesn’t survive against stronger teams and bleeds tickets. Doesn’t matter how strong your peel is, he dies.

WOW, that's extremely high praise considering some of the people I'm pretty sure you know @ Joker; people like Jedi and Opt come to my mind in particular

@TheElegantDough In that case, allow me to extend an invitation to Showdown. I have a lot of respect for good players, and for the longest time I've been searching for players that might be capable of beating us.

But if you don't have a viable second teammate, then nevermind. We can still do a 1v1 match for fun or something. That is if you want. Would much rather have the actual HSD of course.

And on Han Solo, @SadderJoker , still laughing. He's capable in top games. He's just not Chewie

I'm happy to play, but I'd much rather HvV than HS, if you have a team of 4 feel free to message me on Xbox and we can see about setting something up, gamertag is the same as my username here.

Considering we would likely bring common people and that I don't have anyone else available for 4's, other than common people, it would make more sense to meet in a team caps than schedule it. As for an SD series, I'll discuss on xbox if you're up for it.

GT = username as well

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• tankertoad wrote: »
    With this net code and lag compensation I don't know how you could possibly have a fair fight.
    You do it several times and see if one participant consistently beats the other.
    21 years in the making... the wait is over. Buy RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • The other primary issue with Boba is barrage, which pretty well makes him impossible to deal with as a Blaster Hero, as he can essentially delete your health bar with one button press.

I'm sighing

It's like nobody has heard of Charging Frenzy or Broad Shoulders. Albeit I agree the barrage damage is a bit much

Charging Frenzy is fine, but Boba isn't barraging Chewie unless he's frozen/choked so it hardly matters unless it's a 1v1 interaction.

Other Blaster Heroes can't do anything. Leia can try and play around her shield but putting it down is essentially a death sentence if there's other Saber's around. If she could redeploy it by pressing RB again it'd be a little better.

Lmao @no one picking Han

Already discussed that other LS blasters are useless. Leia is the most useless in HvV, though I agree if her shield could be deployed at will, she would be better.

Yeah, nobody is picking Han lol. You seem to know Lag and Joker so you can ask them and they'll tell you the same thing. When it's two top tier teams playing Han is basically a free kill, he just bleeds tickets. If you're playing against a weaker team then sure, you might get away with it.

Anyways I'd laugh just the same when they agree with it. Han is (nearly) as viable as chewie and certainly not free kills. He's only missing one AOE and Boba control.

Lando Gambino? I know him through Lag but we've only played together a couple of times. I was talking about Mr Landeaux earlier.

Ah lol, funny that I've never seen you around. You got someone attesting that you're a really great player 👍props

As for what he said about Han; he’s right. Han is only viable against weaker teams. He simply doesn’t survive against stronger teams and bleeds tickets. Doesn’t matter how strong your peel is, he dies.

WOW, that's extremely high praise considering some of the people I'm pretty sure you know @ Joker; people like Jedi and Opt come to my mind in particular

@TheElegantDough In that case, allow me to extend an invitation to Showdown. I have a lot of respect for good players, and for the longest time I've been searching for players that might be capable of beating us.

But if you don't have a viable second teammate, then nevermind. We can still do a 1v1 match for fun or something. That is if you want. Would much rather have the actual HSD of course.

And on Han Solo, @SadderJoker , still laughing. He's capable in top games. He's just not Chewie

I'm happy to play, but I'd much rather HvV than HS, if you have a team of 4 feel free to message me on Xbox and we can see about setting something up, gamertag is the same as my username here.

Considering we would likely bring common people and that I don't have anyone else available for 4's, other than common people, it would make more sense to meet in a team caps than schedule it. As for an SD series, I'll discuss on xbox if you're up for it.

GT = username as well

Depends who you play with? I thought you played with Adam and his team? For reference I'd probably ask Lag, Joker, and Dark to play. Captains is fine, it's just hard getting everyone on at the same time. Opt and Jedi are West Coast, Lag and Joker are East, me and Blood are EU ect.

I'm sighing

Lmao @no one picking Han

GT = username as well

Depends who you play with? I thought you played with Adam and his team? For reference I'd probably ask Lag, Joker, and Dark to play. Captains is fine, it's just hard getting everyone on at the same time. Opt and Jedi are West Coast, Lag and Joker are East, me and Blood are EU ect.

Adam's one of the people I met through Tyranneus a long while back. Turned into a really good player. At one point, I started playing with Adam on occasion, but everyone stopped talking for reasons (nothing bad). However my only true, true team has only been Steezy; My showdown partner. Hence the offer lol

If 4v4, I'd probably ask others like Opt, Jedi, All 8/Adam/Fear/Selfless/Lando or such. Lag might have been an option but friend of yours.

Wait you guys are all EU? I only knew that YRN was. I'm West as well

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• Why did this topic turn into bickering?

• bfloo
    15957 posts Member
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    tankertoad wrote: »
    With this net code and lag compensation I don't know how you could possibly have a fair fight.
    You do it several times and see if one participant consistently beats the other.

With how often the lag and bugs are against me, this test would be worthless.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

I'm sighing

Lmao @no one picking Han

GT = username as well

Adam's one of the people I met through Tyranneus a long while back. Turned into a really good player. At one point, I started playing with Adam on occasion, but everyone stopped talking for reasons (nothing bad). However my only true, true team has only been Steezy; My showdown partner. Hence the offer lol

If 4v4, I'd probably ask others like Opt, Jedi, All 8/Adam/Fear/Selfless/Lando or such. Lag might have been an option but friend of yours.

Me and Blood are, we usually play on Virginia when we're doing scrims. The ping is annoying but it's fairest for everyone on East so we deal with it. Opt, Fear and Jedi usually don't get on until like 4am my time on weekdays so ***** can get awkward lol. I'll DM you on Xbox and see if we can get something sorted. I'm moving to Uni this weekend so it probably won't be for a while anyway, gives us time to find a day that's easy for everyone.

I'm sighing

Lmao @no one picking Han

GT = username as well

Me and Blood are, we usually play on Virginia when we're doing scrims. The ping is annoying but it's fairest for everyone on East so we deal with it. Opt, Fear and Jedi usually don't get on until like 4am my time on weekdays so ***** can get awkward lol. I'll DM you on Xbox and see if we can get something sorted. I'm moving to Uni this weekend so it probably won't be for a while anyway, gives us time to find a day that's easy for everyone.

Definitely awkward lol. Jedi would be a second choice. Opt the next.

No problems about it taking a while tbf. Been on a massive NBA 2K wave with an 91 overall Playmaker slasher that probably won't bring me back to Battlefront till I beat my IRL friend's progression

• lerodemmy wrote: »
    Wallofman wrote: »
    All this talk about Boba and just last night made a 400+ level Boba rage quit after killing him 6 or 7 times as Han. Boba can be countered......IF YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH. Facts, case closed, match point, check mate....you can try to spin it any way to make yourself feel better. If you cannot figure out how to kill Boba, then you are just not that good.
    @Wallofman
    Please remember that I did offer you a 1v1 lightsaber duel and you ignored the invitation. Go troll elsewhere.

I do not have an XBox. Plus BFII does not have 1v1 so your challenge is pointless. Besides you have the nerve to call me a troll? LOL that's funny.

You are just upset you are not as good as you think and get owned by avg Boba players, because you do not have the skill to adapt to the game.
    So what platform are you on?

PS4. I play between 8:30pm-10:00pm Central time, except for Wed. My gamertag is the same
  • Wallofman wrote: »
    The fact is he is easily countered. You just have to be willing to adapt. That is the main problem. Too many people refuse to abandon their favorite saber hero and switch over to a Boba killer.

^This x3000. Learn to counter or get used to losing to better players. The end.
  • Decrese his Jetpack fuel time.

Thats a better option. I think boba is ok
    My priority list:

1. Fix Split screen mode bugs
    2. Fix bugs
    3. Bigger play area for Duel mode
    4. More love for Starfighter modes
    5. First Person only mode
  • ROMG4
    2955 posts Member
    Don’t care what the Boba apologists say. No character should be this overpowered.

Devs, if you can’t see how unfair this character is then there’s a problem. Let me know if you need me to explain, but it’s pretty obvious.

Lero
    3awjhj.jpg

Please change your avatar!
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • -Air Recovery costs 1/3rd of max fuel
    -Decrease Max Barrage damage (not base, because poor noobs already get stuck with a trash barrage as it is) from 600 to 450

-Increase base damage from 0 to 25 meters by 2 per bolt
    -Damage drops off beyond 40 meters by 2 per bolt
    -For the Hunt increases headshot multiplier damage by 1.25x for the duration of the effect.
    -Concussion gets knockback effect

How does this sound?

• ROMG4 wrote: »
    Don’t care what the Boba apologists say. No character should be this overpowered.

Devs, if you can’t see how unfair this character is then there’s a problem. Let me know if you need me to explain, but it’s pretty obvious.

Lero
    3awjhj.jpg

🤣😂🤣😂🤣
  • bfloo
    15957 posts Member
    -Air Recovery costs 1/3rd of max fuel
    -Decrease Max Barrage damage (not base, because poor noobs already get stuck with a trash barrage as it is) from 600 to 450

-For the Hunt increases headshot multiplier damage by 1.25x for the duration of the effect.

How does this sound?

Aside from the knockback effect it sounds good.

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    -Air Recovery costs 1/3rd of max fuel

How does this sound?

Aside from the knockback effect it sounds good.

After thinking about how it's basically a laser beam, you're right. Concussion should do something like 50-80 damage at least, or have an increased radius and have a greater Slow effect

How does this sound?

I keep saying it, but Recovery would need to be manually activated if it were going to consume fuel. Automatically losing all my fuel because someone with explosive shot hit from across the map would drive me insane.

FTH should have a similar scanner as the ARC Trooper. It should be consistent scanning, rather than one scan. Would also like to see FTH reduce fuel consumption by 50%, rather than provide infinite fuel. To compensate for such a nerf, base fuel capacity could be increased, or the fuel cards could be buffed.

I wouldn’t want Conc to have anything more than a stagger, when it comes to CC. There’s lots of ways Conc could be buffed. Personally, I would like to see the confusion effect made stronger and maybe attach 50-75 damage to it.

Barrage should not be doing more than 450. Changing the cards to other affects and increase the base damage would be my play.

Increase blast radius
    Increase how fast the rockets deploy
    Increase accuracy of rockets
    Change Intense and Anti-Hero to have different affects

Buffing his blaster, in anyway, makes me nervous. It’s already very strong. Perhaps reducing the bloom slightly, but even that makes me nervous.
  • Wallofman wrote: »
    All this talk about Boba and just last night made a 400+ level Boba rage quit after killing him 6 or 7 times as Han. Boba can be countered......IF YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH. Facts, case closed, match point, check mate....you can try to spin it any way to make yourself feel better. If you cannot figure out how to kill Boba, then you are just not that good.
    @Wallofman
    Please remember that I did offer you a 1v1 lightsaber duel and you ignored the invitation. Go troll elsewhere.

I do not have an XBox. Plus BFII does not have 1v1 so your challenge is pointless. Besides you have the nerve to call me a troll? LOL that's funny.

You are just upset you are not as good as you think and get owned by avg Boba players, because you do not have the skill to adapt to the game.

PS4. I play between 8:30pm-10:00pm Central time, except for Wed. My gamertag is the same
    Fantastic. I’ll contact you to set up a 1v1. Maybe you can teach me what I’m doing wrong.
    headerjpgt1547513853
    @Wallofman

Fantastic. I’ll contact you to set up a 1v1. Maybe you can teach me what I’m doing wrong.

I want to watch this duel lol
  • Why did this topic turn into bickering?

People don't like it when you point out that their crutch favorite character is definitely might be overpowered.
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • The_Rookie
    3870 posts Member
    edited September 18
    ROMG4 wrote: »

Why would I change my avatar?
    headerjpgt1547513853
    @Wallofman

Perhaps you could upload the gameplay so we can all learn from this pro player

PSN: this_old_mouse
    @Wallofman

Perhaps you could upload the gameplay so we can all learn from this pro player

That's the plan.
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • ROMG4
    2955 posts Member

Because Resident Evil 2 is old now

And this avatar is

OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1

And this avatar is

I'll change it to something Project Resistance related soon.
    headerjpgt1547513853

How does this sound?

I keep saying it, but Recovery would need to be manually activated if it were going to consume fuel. Automatically losing all my fuel because someone with explosive shot hit from across the map would drive me insane.

FTH should have a similar scanner as the ARC Trooper. It should be consistent scanning, rather than one scan. Would also like to see FTH reduce fuel consumption by 50%, rather than provide infinite fuel. To compensate for such a nerf, base fuel capacity could be increased, or the fuel cards could be buffed.

I wouldn’t want Conc to have anything more than a stagger, when it comes to CC. There’s lots of ways Conc could be buffed. Personally, I would like to see the confusion effect made stronger and maybe attach 50-75 damage to it.

Barrage should not be doing more than 450. Changing the cards to other affects and increase the base damage would be my play.

Increase blast radius
    Increase how fast the rockets deploy
    Increase accuracy of rockets
    Change Intense and Anti-Hero to have different affects

Buffing his blaster, in anyway, makes me nervous. It’s already very strong. Perhaps reducing the bloom slightly, but even that makes me nervous.

Shortened range for higher close range damage. To keep Boba from sniping, which people seem to hate here

• ROMG4
    2955 posts Member
    edited September 18

And this avatar is

You must embrace the choices that have brought you to this place, revel in them. Embrace your hatred of Bubba Fett, become him, realize the power of flying

bubba-fett-46614580.png

Become the Bubba main, renounce your former ways
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread

And this avatar is

You must embrace the choices that have brought you to this place, revel in them. Embrace your hatred of Bubba Fett, become him, realize the power of flying

bubba-fett-46614580.png

Become the Bubba main, renounce your former ways

I certainly recognize that there is great power in flight.
    headerjpgt1547513853

How does this sound?

Perfect. This is exactly what should happen
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg This isn't mine, Just thought it was cool

Rule 39: Never say no to Bacta

When you have been playing since launch Cool kid 8)

I want to make a squad of 4 Commandos and then scream "FORM UP DELTA SQUAD"

We need Delta Squad Commando skins.
  • So when is the 1v1
  • bfloo
    15957 posts Member
    So when is the 1v1

Soon™

h846398gb27k.png

• 700 health, insane manoeuvrability, best dodge, basically immune to force powers, 600 damage ability - that’s not balanced.

I don’t think removing him is the answer. Instead:

-Rework intense barrage into something else
    -Change ‘anti-hero rockets’ into ‘anti infantry rockets‘
    -Have rocket barrage fire 3 rockets at high speed, each doing 100 damage
    -Remove air recovery
    -Improve blurred effect of concussion significantly and increase the length of time affected by it
    -Increase for the hunt recharge time by five seconds
    -During for the hunt headshots do extra damage
  • So when is the 1v1

My money's on whoever wins

• @lerodemmy I wrote out a whole response to you last post to me, but I got banned for a separate post on another thread while I was typing it and hit post and it didn't post coz of the ban. Just too long to type out again haha

But I saw your latest YouTube video with Rey. You are quite good I'd say. Need a little work on when to use mind trick and when not to dash ability or also when not to use the normal dash thing. Other than that, not too bad.

Like for a mind trick example, at 6:15 in the video, you could easily of lived if you had of mind tricked them all and ran.

Example of when not to dash and just block was at 3:55. You had like 120 health and charged at an almost full health Vader...

Also at 4:50 the dashing was soooo risky and unnecessary. You had full stamina, all other enemy heroes were engaged and only grevious hitting on you and he had no rush available. There's not one thing that could of happened to you if you just blocked and got your health back rather than dash which could of led to a random hit from grevious. You just had to avoid the acid on the ground and let your health regen. I think that was the main issue with the Vader at 3:55 as well. Just block and let health regen when you can.

Other than those few things, not too bad. Pretty good positioning and ability to get to an enemies back.
  • Personally I think Boba should just get some nerfs

Why? So you can kill him all over again?! You think we're going to feed him to you again so easily? Think again!

• Well, while we're critiquing his video 😂

I just think you turn a little slow 🤷🏼‍ That's all I got for you

Well he told me to go and have a look haha. May as well offer some constructive feedback.

Well he told me to go and have a look haha. May as well offer some constructive feedback.

It’s hard to rely on blocking in this game tho.

Yeah true. That situation looked pretty safe to do it though. He had already taken a few hits and none went through. It's unlikely they start to come through the block once you've noticed a few already block. The riskier thing was to constantly dash backwards like that. Also he already had the "dash" ability available, I mean why not just use that earlier if he was never going to wait for health regen anyway?

Yeah true. That situation looked pretty safe to do it though. He had already taken a few hits and none went through. It's unlikely they start to come through the block once you've noticed a few already block. The riskier thing was to constantly dash backwards like that. Also he already had the "dash" ability available, I mean why not just use that earlier if he was never going to wait for health regen anyway?

You weren’t wrong and I wasn’t disagreeing with you. I personally didn’t watch the video, just thought I’d throw that in 😂. I get so frustrated with blocking some games I try to avoid it in most cases, which could also be seen as stupid 😅 but frustration wins

Oh, that makes sense lol, but personally I'd charge 20 bucks a month and call it "Battlefront Labs"

You weren’t wrong and I wasn’t disagreeing with you. I personally didn’t watch the video, just thought I’d throw that in 😂. I get so frustrated with blocking some games I try to avoid it in most cases, which could also be seen as stupid 😅 but frustration wins

Oh, I thought you'd watched it haha but yeah I dash away too when I can or have to instead of block.

Oh, I thought you'd watched it haha but yeah I dash away too when I can or have to instead of block.

What video?

What video?

Type in L demmy to YouTube. OP said that is his YouTube channel.
  • Yes Boba is hilariously OP if you have above average aim, nevermind top tier

His supposed "counter" in blaster heroes all get easily sent to respawn screen in one rocket barrage + a burst or two from his gun (regardless of aiming skill, you can't outdamage ~900hp in about 2 seconds on a flying target) and once they're out of the way he can kite jedis and do slow but steady damage to them easily, and every time a teammate attacks them (even a bad one) you get easy shots into their back as they are forced to deal with the threat.

He's the go to I win button when I'm on a losing villains squad and usually results in a win.

Yes, you aren't wrong, but you're trying to oversimplify it and omitting the enemy's responses.

Assuming everyone is top tier (because I don't care about talking scrub tier players):

You believe they "easily" get sent to respawn from a barrage.

Not true. You need a good Lightsaber Villain next to you to knock the Shooter with a Force power before you can hope to make it "easy". If you flew in too close, you can expect an Air Burst detonite to fly towards your face, if you got knocked and didn't get a lucky cover landing, you are dead without question. If you are flying out of his effective Detonite proximity to barrage, Han Solo can simply pop Broad Shoulders Charge which will negate 40% of whatever missiles manage to hit him while he's shoulder charging.

If you are both top tier shots, Han's blaster is far more deadly than yours. It's a tossup at this point, but you can't counter his detonite as effectively as he can counter your barrages.

Same goes for Chewie's charging frenzy slam. I'm not going to go over other shooters, because there is not much point in using other shooters besides Chewie or Han.

Obviously when factoring in teammates, anything can happen, and good Boba's try to wait for the teammate to CC or distract the enemy before wasting a barrage. Try it 1 on 1 and you're equalizing the factors

Eh, I don't think I am. Scenarios can go a trillion different ways based on varying player skills, environment as well as which bugs decide manifest at that moment, but all things equal in top level play Boba is at a huge advantage

Fact is that in a 4v4 environment LS blasters are in most circumstances a free point for Boba before you even get to the fact that he can alternate blaster disable-barrage to easily destroy them 1v1 as well (though disabler usually isn't even necessary)

Han and Chewie can mitigate the rocket damage somewhat but if he has both cards they're still losing up to half health (more in Han's case) and then have to deal with a potentially 705 health (his damage reduction card is broken and always applies) Boba and win a gunfight against his superior mobility

Chewie can't. With his short range he has no way to permanently damage Boba unless he does something really dumb. Only function he has is ragdoll and being a slight annoyance. Boba can pop in an out of LOS at his discretion hitting him with rockets and bursts and there's nothing he can do about it.

Han stands a better chance but the only thing he has is theoretical DPS potential. If he has an aimbot sure it's close to fair but in reality he's aiming at a much faster target moving in 3 dimensions. Boba's hitrate in practice is always siginificantly higher because it's easier to hit Han consistently than it is to hit Boba. Nevermind the fact that Boba can rocket barrage to remove half his health (or all of it if he doesn't have broad shoulders), blaster disable him and put one or two more bursts in for the kill without taking a point of damage. Detonite's throw range is too short, it's speed too slow and with Boba's air dodges it's ineffective at actually granting ragdoll unless used as a suprise attack. Usually, it won't even do enough for permanent health damage, albiet the threat of it can generally keep Boba just outside its range.

That's just hypothetical 1v1. In a 4v4 vs a competent DS team the LS blaster user (I agree, Han, Chewie others are not relevant) is going to be singled out constantly and wrecked by Vader especially and also Kylo. Vader can literally dash through the whole LS team and choke a blaster without being punished, and that blaster has no counterplay and no chance of not being sent to respawn just hanging there. Kylo lands his pull and the blaster gets mobbed by the whole team (Boba included).

Han generally can't employ his detonite against boba and usually can't employ his shoulder charge to mitigate barrage because he needs both of them pretty much every time they're not on cooldown for their CC to survive against the sabers all trying to gank him. He doesn't get to pick when he can employ them, he uses them as needed to escape being ganked.

Boba can circle the fray endlessly putting steady damage in just waiting for his opportunity to move in and gank a distracted or CC'ed enemy, and then escape at whim. He sees detonite fly or charge get used, he knows that Han is a free point for the next 20 seconds. He sees a pull, choke or any other kind of stun land, free kill.

He's essentially the equivalent of an air vehicle in combined arms games like Battlefield. He has total map control and can enter and disengage at whim, meaning he always engages to his advantage, and tends to dominate the metagame at high levels of skill just as those vehicles do in such other titles. However, in the former case there's usually some overarching ground based objective that the helicopter/plane can't really interact with directly and so their otherwise overpowered design is lessened to a degree.

In HvV Boba IS the objective, or part of it anyway. In the target system it simply made the game unwinnable for the lightside when the DS team coodinated to always give him the target. TDM it's better but he still can go a whole game never dying (effectively 25% less points up for grabs) and putting up plenty of kills and assists himself.

No, he can't singehandedly 4v1 and will generally lose if he's the only good player on the team, but he can make an unbalanced game much closer than any other hero, while making a balanced game a forgone conclusion on most maps (Jabba's palace being probably the most balanced precisely because Boba isn't as much a factor). Assuming all other things equal he grants a massive advantage that no other ranged unit does. Han, Chewie, Iden are all great picks but they can't pick their engagements like Boba can. He gets this massive advantage without really any drawbacks.

>Massive damage punish ability that instakills any blaster hero or CC'd Jedi
    >Primary weapon that is about mid tier (better than Bossk's, Lando's, Chewie's, Finn's and Phasma's IMO), maybe 20% behind the top ones in DPS and effectively identical when he's in flight making himself a much harder target to hit than they are for him
    >Ability to disable any blaster (the only things that can harm him) for enough time to guarantee a kill against them
    >unlimited map control and effective invulnerability when played correctly

He needs some kind of downside, or something that prevents him from having total air superiority just by being picked (e.g. an LS hero with equal or greater mobility i.e. another Jetpack). At least then there's one other variable (the opposing jetpack user) as to which team dominates the air game, as right now, the LS can't even play it.

Either that or greatly reduce his speed to where he can't outrun the LS at whim (he couldn't in 2015, both Luke and jumpack troopers could keep up with him), making the Jetpack's use as a defensive get out of jail free crutch much more difficult to employ.

TL;DR flying is inherently OP thank you for attending my Ted talk.

I'll just cede the discussion because it's too much extracurricular writing to reply to all of this. Although we don't have too much we disagree upon anyway. You're saying things I've mostly covered by now, or generally agree with.

Just two things:

before you even get to the fact that he can alternate blaster disable-barrage to easily destroy them 1v1 as well (though disabler usually isn't even necessary)

Lol @ Boba easily destroying Han in a 1v1. Han's better 1 on 1

And this:

Vader can literally dash through the whole LS team and choke a blaster without being punished, and that blaster has no counterplay and no chance of not being sent to respawn just hanging there. Kylo lands his pull and the blaster gets mobbed by the whole team (Boba included).

Not 'without' being punished. If RMT locks him and possibly Fett if ^30% range Obi Wan, Vader gets mobbed. He can still land it, but that's a consequence for Vader.

• Yes Boba is hilariously OP if you have above average aim, nevermind top tier

His supposed "counter" in blaster heroes all get easily sent to respawn screen in one rocket barrage + a burst or two from his gun (regardless of aiming skill, you can't outdamage ~900hp in about 2 seconds on a flying target) and once they're out of the way he can kite jedis and do slow but steady damage to them easily, and every time a teammate attacks them (even a bad one) you get easy shots into their back as they are forced to deal with the threat.

He's the go to I win button when I'm on a losing villains squad and usually results in a win.

Yes, you aren't wrong, but you're trying to oversimplify it and omitting the enemy's responses.

Assuming everyone is top tier (because I don't care about talking scrub tier players):

You believe they "easily" get sent to respawn from a barrage.

Not true. You need a good Lightsaber Villain next to you to knock the Shooter with a Force power before you can hope to make it "easy". If you flew in too close, you can expect an Air Burst detonite to fly towards your face, if you got knocked and didn't get a lucky cover landing, you are dead without question. If you are flying out of his effective Detonite proximity to barrage, Han Solo can simply pop Broad Shoulders Charge which will negate 40% of whatever missiles manage to hit him while he's shoulder charging.

If you are both top tier shots, Han's blaster is far more deadly than yours. It's a tossup at this point, but you can't counter his detonite as effectively as he can counter your barrages.

Same goes for Chewie's charging frenzy slam. I'm not going to go over other shooters, because there is not much point in using other shooters besides Chewie or Han.

Obviously when factoring in teammates, anything can happen, and good Boba's try to wait for the teammate to CC or distract the enemy before wasting a barrage. Try it 1 on 1 and you're equalizing the factors

Eh, I don't think I am. Scenarios can go a trillion different ways based on varying player skills, environment as well as which bugs decide manifest at that moment, but all things equal in top level play Boba is at a huge advantage

Fact is that in a 4v4 environment LS blasters are in most circumstances a free point for Boba before you even get to the fact that he can alternate blaster disable-barrage to easily destroy them 1v1 as well (though disabler usually isn't even necessary)

Han and Chewie can mitigate the rocket damage somewhat but if he has both cards they're still losing up to half health (more in Han's case) and then have to deal with a potentially 705 health (his damage reduction card is broken and always applies) Boba and win a gunfight against his superior mobility

Chewie can't. With his short range he has no way to permanently damage Boba unless he does something really dumb. Only function he has is ragdoll and being a slight annoyance. Boba can pop in an out of LOS at his discretion hitting him with rockets and bursts and there's nothing he can do about it.

Han stands a better chance but the only thing he has is theoretical DPS potential. If he has an aimbot sure it's close to fair but in reality he's aiming at a much faster target moving in 3 dimensions. Boba's hitrate in practice is always siginificantly higher because it's easier to hit Han consistently than it is to hit Boba. Nevermind the fact that Boba can rocket barrage to remove half his health (or all of it if he doesn't have broad shoulders), blaster disable him and put one or two more bursts in for the kill without taking a point of damage. Detonite's throw range is too short, it's speed too slow and with Boba's air dodges it's ineffective at actually granting ragdoll unless used as a suprise attack. Usually, it won't even do enough for permanent health damage, albiet the threat of it can generally keep Boba just outside its range.

That's just hypothetical 1v1. In a 4v4 vs a competent DS team the LS blaster user (I agree, Han, Chewie others are not relevant) is going to be singled out constantly and wrecked by Vader especially and also Kylo. Vader can literally dash through the whole LS team and choke a blaster without being punished, and that blaster has no counterplay and no chance of not being sent to respawn just hanging there. Kylo lands his pull and the blaster gets mobbed by the whole team (Boba included).

Han generally can't employ his detonite against boba and usually can't employ his shoulder charge to mitigate barrage because he needs both of them pretty much every time they're not on cooldown for their CC to survive against the sabers all trying to gank him. He doesn't get to pick when he can employ them, he uses them as needed to escape being ganked.

Boba can circle the fray endlessly putting steady damage in just waiting for his opportunity to move in and gank a distracted or CC'ed enemy, and then escape at whim. He sees detonite fly or charge get used, he knows that Han is a free point for the next 20 seconds. He sees a pull, choke or any other kind of stun land, free kill.

He's essentially the equivalent of an air vehicle in combined arms games like Battlefield. He has total map control and can enter and disengage at whim, meaning he always engages to his advantage, and tends to dominate the metagame at high levels of skill just as those vehicles do in such other titles. However, in the former case there's usually some overarching ground based objective that the helicopter/plane can't really interact with directly and so their otherwise overpowered design is lessened to a degree.

In HvV Boba IS the objective, or part of it anyway. In the target system it simply made the game unwinnable for the lightside when the DS team coodinated to always give him the target. TDM it's better but he still can go a whole game never dying (effectively 25% less points up for grabs) and putting up plenty of kills and assists himself.

No, he can't singehandedly 4v1 and will generally lose if he's the only good player on the team, but he can make an unbalanced game much closer than any other hero, while making a balanced game a forgone conclusion on most maps (Jabba's palace being probably the most balanced precisely because Boba isn't as much a factor). Assuming all other things equal he grants a massive advantage that no other ranged unit does. Han, Chewie, Iden are all great picks but they can't pick their engagements like Boba can. He gets this massive advantage without really any drawbacks.

>Massive damage punish ability that instakills any blaster hero or CC'd Jedi
    >Primary weapon that is about mid tier (better than Bossk's, Lando's, Chewie's, Finn's and Phasma's IMO), maybe 20% behind the top ones in DPS and effectively identical when he's in flight making himself a much harder target to hit than they are for him
    >Ability to disable any blaster (the only things that can harm him) for enough time to guarantee a kill against them
    >unlimited map control and effective invulnerability when played correctly

He needs some kind of downside, or something that prevents him from having total air superiority just by being picked (e.g. an LS hero with equal or greater mobility i.e. another Jetpack). At least then there's one other variable (the opposing jetpack user) as to which team dominates the air game, as right now, the LS can't even play it.

Either that or greatly reduce his speed to where he can't outrun the LS at whim (he couldn't in 2015, both Luke and jumpack troopers could keep up with him), making the Jetpack's use as a defensive get out of jail free crutch much more difficult to employ.

TL;DR flying is inherently OP thank you for attending my Ted talk.

I'll just cede the discussion because it's too much extracurricular writing to reply to all of this. Although we don't have too much we disagree upon anyway. You're saying things I've mostly covered by now, or generally agree with.

Just two things:

before you even get to the fact that he can alternate blaster disable-barrage to easily destroy them 1v1 as well (though disabler usually isn't even necessary)

Lol @ Boba easily destroying Han in a 1v1. Han's better 1 on 1

And this:

Vader can literally dash through the whole LS team and choke a blaster without being punished, and that blaster has no counterplay and no chance of not being sent to respawn just hanging there. Kylo lands his pull and the blaster gets mobbed by the whole team (Boba included).

Not 'without' being punished. If RMT locks him and possibly Fett if ^30% range Obi Wan, Vader gets mobbed. He can still land it, but that's a consequence for Vader.

Indeed. For the record I don't think Boba is this monstrously overpowered thing as say Anakin was when he first launched and could OHK whole teams through the map's geometry, but at the top level of play he is a force multiplier that can make a perhaps not quite as good villains team look better than it really is in a way the other blaster villains (who are mechanically similar to their LS counterparts with the same high damage potential balanced by mobility and fragility) cannot.

I don't see how Han can win vs Boba unless you have them piloted by users with aimbots and Han does nothing but pop sharpshooter and hit headshots on a fast flying target that is simultanously pelting and blinding him with rockets.

Real terms boba leads with rockets and Han charges to take less damage. He can't do anything to damage Boba when he's in a shoulder charge unable to shoot and then has the other half of his health melted while his blaster subsequently is disabled (even without you have ~300 health left vs Boba's 705, your gun is better but not twice as good)

RMT is insanely punishing to blasters but decent Vaders can simply hold block and rotate to wait it out to little ill effect. Actually, I think that RMT has indirectly made Boba's issues more prominent simply because it's soooo unavoidably punishing to every blaster that isn't him that it ensures he's almost always the DS pick for the ranged option at top levels simply because RMT barely affects him but effectively instakills all the others in most cases.

Used to be you saw Iden, Bossk and Palp more (Phasma's always been bad for one reason or another) but once RMT hits them they're getting pulled and chain CCed from full to zero if the LS team is working together and there's little their own sabers can do to prevent it if they were also hit by the RMT. Noone likes giving up several free points per game just to maybe get a little more damage output (again, Boba isn't really that far behind them if he's accurate) and Boba doesn't have this vulnerability, so you end up with 3 saber + Boba comps almost invariably.

It's the whole metagame. Boba is broke but Saber user CC is also broke and these two compound the issue as comps become more centered around the thing he's immune to leading to him get abused even more. If it was actually viable to run more than one blaster on LS Boba might have a harder time of it but once you do that you start bleeding twice as many tickets to Vader and Kylo but Boba isn't really shut down.