criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Rey & Obi-Wan's dashes draining blocks should stay.

Thechosen1_anakin
8085 posts Member
edited September 19
They should get the yoda treatment & get their bugs to be made permanent. Obi-Wan's downward slam is about 11 strikes which completely drains grevious & maul yet the others would be fine. His move should be tweaked so that he only drains half of your stamina. Maul & grevious would be out of luck still but oh well. Rey's dash strike should be the same as well. These 2 struggle to get around blocks & this bug actually helped them & even made rey worth picking.
Post edited by Thechosen1_anakin on

Replies

• If you get hit by Obi Wan's last hit from Defensive Rush, you deserve the drain, but Rey's Dash strike should just break blocks like it used to.

You should see the comments here

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/d669vr/reys_mind_trick_is_already_unblockable_and_it/

I didn't know Rey was the new Anakin. Apparently according to Reddit she needs a nerf.

Lol yeah I seen that. Reddit has so much hate for her lol. They said she needs to be removed & reworked 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • If you get hit by Obi Wan's last hit from Defensive Rush, you deserve the drain, but Rey's Dash strike should just break blocks like it used to.

You should see the comments here

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/d669vr/reys_mind_trick_is_already_unblockable_and_it/

I didn't know Rey was the new Anakin. Apparently according to Reddit she needs a nerf.

this.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • OcDoc
    1988 posts Member
    They should get the yoda treatment & get their bugs to be made permanent. Obi-Wan can downward slam is about 11 strikes which completely drains grevious & maul. His move should be tweaked so that he only drains half of your stamina. Maul & grevious would be out of luck still but oh well. Rey's dash strike should be the same as well. These 2 struggle to get around blocks & this bug actually helped them & even made rey worth picking.

I actually had considered the same thing but the way it is can simply be too problematic. Would be nice if it maybe drained half stamina or the remaining stamina if the blocker is less than half.

Truth is... it does make Rey and Obi-won more viable and even with the full stamina drain I haven’t seen it cause anything game breaking. But still, it is a little unfair as is and I would be more in favor of a scaled back version if they want to keep a remnant of it.

• This is one of your topics where I have to completely disagree with you. The DS villains have very slow stamina recharge times and not much blocking stamina to begin with in the case of Grievous & Maul.

Vader's stamina regen speed is the slowest, as is the delay before the regen activates, and Grievous already loses all of his stamina in 1 second when blocking blaster fire.

So if Obi-Wan mind tricks you, you think it's fine that he can then also completely deplete all of your stamina and then wreck you? You do know that you can't dodge when affected by RMT, and you want the villains to be unable to block as well? SMH.

Some of your ideas are fantastic. Others, such as this topic, are incompetent.
  • No. They should not take all the stamina.

Rey might as well just make her enemies explode when she hits them with her dash attack. Of course that may be an exaggeration.

If they can figure out how to keep it for solo players and not those in a Pre made squad, I would say yes.
  • MC_XIX wrote: »
    This is one of your topics where I have to completely disagree with you. The DS villains have very slow stamina recharge times and not much blocking stamina to begin with in the case of Grievous & Maul.

Vader's stamina regen speed is the slowest, as is the delay before the regen activates, and Grievous already loses all of his stamina in 1 second when blocking blaster fire.

So if Obi-Wan mind tricks you, you think it's fine that he can then also completely deplete all of your stamina and then wreck you? You do know that you can't dodge when affected by RMT, and you want the villains to be unable to block as well? SMH.

Some of your ideas are fantastic. Others, such as this topic, are incompetent.

Grevious & maul would be the only heroes really affected & while i find Rey's dash an issue Obi-Wan's is more or less fair. In the past couple of weeks I haven't been hit by this move & had my stamina drained by him & I hardly am able to drain someone's stamina with obi-wan since his rush & so slow players usually jump over me. These 2 have problems getting around blocks like dooku so I don't think it's bad at all
  • No. They should not take all the stamina.

Rey might as well just make her enemies explode when she hits them with her dash attack. Of course that may be an exaggeration.

If they can figure out how to keep it for solo players and not those in a Pre made squad, I would say yes.

A turtleing Vader is one of the most unkillable things in the game.
    If you get hit by Obis rush it’s your fault. I’ve been hit by it once and after that never again. It really adds to a otherwise mediocre ability which could easily be seen as bad.
  • It shouldn't take any stamina and hopefully these two game breaking bugs will be fixed next patch.
  • It shouldn't take any stamina and hopefully these two game breaking bugs will be fixed next patch.

Ono it really should. It adds another layer to both abilities which i really like. If you get hit by Obis it really is your fault. It is extremely predictable.
  • CC_1010 wrote: »
    It shouldn't take any stamina and hopefully these two game breaking bugs will be fixed next patch.

Ono it really should. It adds another layer to both abilities which i really like. If you get hit by Obis it really is your fault. It is extremely predictable.

You want to go home and rethink your life.
    It shouldn't take any stamina and hopefully these two game breaking bugs will be fixed next patch.

You want to go home and rethink your life.

Quotations or not, you must realise you are DOOMED!
  • They should get the yoda treatment & get their bugs to be made permanent. Obi-Wan's downward slam is about 11 strikes which completely drains grevious & maul yet the others would be fine. His move should be tweaked so that he only drains half of your stamina. Maul & grevious would be out of luck still but oh well. Rey's dash strike should be the same as well. These 2 struggle to get around blocks & this bug actually helped them & even made rey worth picking.

Agreed with Obi Wan.
    Disagreed with Rey.

Obi Wan's has an animation on the downward swing. His rush is slow, at about normal running speed. This move can easily be avoided by eating the hit and running, or trying a jump. Defensive Rush does not cause knockdown.

Fair enough

Rey's dash has no animation preventing her from spamming the attack. Her rush is very fast, at about 1.5(?)x movement speed. She knocks people down if they aren't blocking. Her dash is basically an instant kill or oneshot on anyone being focused or RMT'd.

I don't think it's particularly "overpowered", but the stamina drain should be toned down. I think her weak mind trick needs a buff, rather than her dash.

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• They should get the yoda treatment & get their bugs to be made permanent. Obi-Wan's downward slam is about 11 strikes which completely drains grevious & maul yet the others would be fine. His move should be tweaked so that he only drains half of your stamina. Maul & grevious would be out of luck still but oh well. Rey's dash strike should be the same as well. These 2 struggle to get around blocks & this bug actually helped them & even made rey worth picking.

Agreed with Obi Wan.
    Disagreed with Rey.

Obi Wan's has an animation on the downward swing. His rush is slow, at about normal running speed. This move can easily be avoided by eating the hit and running, or trying a jump. Defensive Rush does not cause knockdown.

Fair enough

Rey's dash has no animation preventing her from spamming the attack. Her rush is very fast, at about 1.5(?)x movement speed. She knocks people down if they aren't blocking. Her dash is basically an instant kill or oneshot on anyone being focused or RMT'd.

I don't think it's particularly "overpowered", but the stamina drain should be toned down. I think her weak mind trick needs a buff, rather than her dash.
    Then Obi gets like 50% or 40% and Rey gets 30% or 35%?
    Rey can be really spammy and that makes her quite good but she is still easily countered with cc or abilities in general.
    They should get the yoda treatment & get their bugs to be made permanent. Obi-Wan's downward slam is about 11 strikes which completely drains grevious & maul yet the others would be fine. His move should be tweaked so that he only drains half of your stamina. Maul & grevious would be out of luck still but oh well. Rey's dash strike should be the same as well. These 2 struggle to get around blocks & this bug actually helped them & even made rey worth picking.

Agreed with Obi Wan.
    Disagreed with Rey.

Fair enough

Rey can be really spammy and that makes her quite good but she is still easily countered with cc or abilities in general.

Yeah, I have no problem with Obi Wan's attack draining all or most stamina. His rush is great, but the downward swing has always been useless. Obi Wan's downward swing stamina drain is fine anywhere between 50% and 100%.

Rey doesn't need to be draining so much stamina. I'd say 35% is good

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• OcDoc
    1988 posts Member
    CC_1010 wrote: »

Agreed with Obi Wan.
    Disagreed with Rey.

Fair enough

Yeah, I have no problem with Obi Wan's attack draining all or most stamina. His rush is great, but the downward swing has always been useless. Obi Wan's downward swing stamina drain is fine anywhere between 50% and 100%.

Rey doesn't need to be draining so much stamina. I'd say 35% is good

You aren’t alone in the Obi-won keeping stamina drain commentary but I wanted to at least quote someone for my comment so I picked your’s.

The one issue with Obi-won keeping his stamina drain is that he can mind trick you to keep you from dashing to avoid the hit. I think that should at least be considered and it can really put the defender in an unfair spot. But even with that, Obi-won is mediocre enough that I don’t think it makes him OP and perhaps a 50% stamina drain could be a decent sweet spot to give him a bit of a buff.

I definitely agree that Rey has a much faster animation and the recharge on dash can be pretty quick. It is harder to argue the case for her. But if it is only a 50% reduction in stamina reduction and able to be dodged relatively easily... IDK. Maybe it is worth considering.
  • I would rather not have Rey's dash stamina drain much, but instead breaks blocks and apply her CC and Obi-wons' final strike should definitely break blocks.
  • Not the draining stamina part. Just make them penetrate the block, like PS does. Rey’s charging stance makes sense cause she’s moving very faster with her saber like a spear. And Obi-Wan’s DR slam attack is like Passionate strike, just brute force your way through the block.
    PSN: this_old_mouse
  • I been playing Rey and I use dash strike. But I haven't experienced stamina drain for the other team when I strike them. They continue to attack as normal and the same thing when I'm on the opposite end.
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • OcDoc
    1988 posts Member
    I been playing Rey and I use dash strike. But I haven't experienced stamina drain for the other team when I strike them. They continue to attack as normal and the same thing when I'm on the opposite end.

It is only if they block and I think I have seen a few cases where it sort of glanced a blocking opponent and it didn’t result in a full stamina drain.

But for the most part if you hit a blocking saber hero square from the front it will fully drain their stamina. If they fell down, they didn’t hold their block and they probably did it on purpose to avoid subsequent hits.

• Rey I think it's fine. Gives her something to win duels with since they took her guard break.

Literally just dodge it lmao. Worst that happens is you eat 400 points of damage and have to dodge/jump away to recover which already happens to any blaster she hits (and they have smaller health pools than say Vader or Grievous yet do fine against her).

Kenobi probably doesn't need it with how broken RMT is currently. Losing your dodge and your block is a bit much (just look at what already happens to any non block hero hit by it).
  • Rey I think it's fine. Gives her something to win duels with since they took her guard break.

Literally just dodge it lmao. Worst that happens is you eat 400 points of damage and have to dodge/jump away to recover which already happens to any blaster she hits (and they have smaller health pools than say Vader or Grievous yet do fine against her).

Kenobi probably doesn't need it with how broken RMT is currently. Losing your dodge and your block is a bit much (just look at what already happens to any non block hero hit by it).

@Empire_TW I think you have someone who loves iden as much as you lol

Rey's not fine. She drains everyone even vader to zero. Should drain just not 100%
    Lol the worst that happens is you eat 400 damage wth. With the way she stun locks & saber track imma have to say noooo.

Players usually hold the block button when under RMT & the downward slam & soon to be slash is useless.

• Both should not drain stamina , unless the dark side also gets the same treatment ... Heres some examples; phasma's staff strikes should drain or break guard. Dooku's expose weakness should also take away 30 % of stamina. Grievous thrust surge should break guard like Yoda's dash.

What do you guys think?
  • OcDoc
    1988 posts Member
    K4152 wrote: »
    Both should not drain stamina , unless the dark side also gets the same treatment ... Heres some examples; phasma's staff strikes should drain or break guard. Dooku's expose weakness should also take away 30 % of stamina. Grievous thrust surge should break guard like Yoda's dash.

What do you guys think?

Interesting take.

At first glance I like the suggestions. I particularly like the Dooku Expose Weakness suggestion. Nice input!

• CC_1010
    2515 posts Member
    edited September 20
    K4152 wrote: »
    Both should not drain stamina , unless the dark side also gets the same treatment ... Heres some examples; phasma's staff strikes should drain or break guard. Dooku's expose weakness should also take away 30 % of stamina. Grievous thrust surge should break guard like Yoda's dash.

What do you guys think?

THRUST SURGE?! YAH NO.
    As I Grievous main I think this is a horrible idea.
    Would make him op against sabers as this move slams(or staggers you if it just damages through block) you to the ground and let’s a claw rush immediately follow up in all its glory(2-3 hit)(you also can’t block claw rush 90% of the time).
    It requires no skill to land a surge because it has auto aim and literally shoots you into the sky if your opponent jumps.

No thanks.
  • K4152 wrote: »

What do you guys think?

I like phasmas and Dookus changes though.
  • Obi wans dash should drain more stamina than reys because its slower and its not a dash. Rey should be like 30% and obi wans 70% because it'll be better.

@Empire_TW I think you have someone who loves iden as much as you lol

Impossible
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.