criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Do NOT disrespect potatoes!

I said it on another thread, but I don't know when we collectively decided to refer to bad players as potatoes, but the slander needs to stop. Potatoes are wonderful and one of the single most versatile foods in the world. Potatoes are the root of fries in their many shapes and sizes, chips, hash browns, they're brilliant when they're mashed or scalloped, they can be used to make pancakes and bread, and they're used to make vodka! Potatoes have contributed too much to this world to be slandered like this.

As a community, we need to come together to find a more suitable food-based way to acknowledge a lack of skill we observe in our fellow players. Some alternatives:
- brussels sprouts
- headcheese
- mayonnaise
- anchovy

If you have an alternative you'd like to suggest, feel free to share it here and from there, we can decide on a more appropriate replacement for potatoes when referring to a player with a lack of skill. Potatoes deserve better, and we as a community need to respect that. Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Replies

• I like Brussels sprouts lol yeah that's the new name
  • Man I hate them brussel sprouts always coming in and ruining games cause they dont know how to play.

Yeah...Doesnt have quite the same flare
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg This isn't mine, Just thought it was cool

Rule 39: Never say no to Bacta

When you have been playing since launch Cool kid 8)

I want to make a squad of 4 Commandos and then scream "FORM UP DELTA SQUAD"

We need Delta Squad Commando skins.
  • I also did enjoy this TED Talk. Is your name TED?

• I love me some french fried potaters. Mmm hmmm....

Outta my way, Anchovy! You too, Headcheese!
    DCXRZ_2U0AAqNd-.jpg
    "Rise."
  • Man I hate them brussel sprouts always coming in and ruining games cause they dont know how to play.

I like that you tried to put it into action to try it's effectiveness. Bravo to you. That could make for a solid experimental exercise.

I was playing GA on Endor and while I'm using Palpatine, I had a group cornered, doing damage but the anchovies in my squad weren't couldn't be bothered to give any support fire and my killstreak got destroyed.

One match of GA on Kamino, I was trying to take control of the barracks with Bossk but my team was nothing but headcheese and nobody was pushing forward.

Side note: to anybody that's eaten, seen, smelled, or been around headcheese, from the bottom of my heart I am truly, deeply sorry.

I like that you tried to put it into action to try it's effectiveness. Bravo to you. That could make for a solid experimental exercise.

I was playing GA on Endor and while I'm using Palpatine, I had a group cornered, doing damage but the anchovies in my squad weren't couldn't be bothered to give any support fire and my killstreak got destroyed.

One match of GA on Kamino, I was trying to take control of the barracks with Bossk but my team was nothing but headcheese and nobody was pushing forward.

Side note: to anybody that's eaten, seen, smelled, or been around headcheese, from the bottom of my heart I am truly, deeply sorry.

I like anchovies the best tbh

• Disrespect sprouts again and I will have your head
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • OcDoc
    1991 posts Member
    Says potatoes are delicious to eat.

Can’t figure out why noobs are called potatoes.

Ok.
  • OcDoc wrote: »

Ok.

I'll see myself out...
  • OcDoc wrote: »

Ok.

I'll see myself out...

Stick around mate. I liked your post. Just having fun with it.

• moistboii
    547 posts Member
    edited September 20
    I like using the terms "melons" to refer to a player who seems to be performing at a below average level. Also, I hate melons so dont come at me trying to say they're good because they're not.....stupid melons.
  • moistboii wrote: »
    I like using the terms "melons" to refer to a player who seems to be performing at a below average level. Also, I hate melons so dont come at me trying to say they're good because they're not.....stupid melons.

Perfect

Melons are bad
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • Lol! (In a good way :smile: )