criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Please Add Shadow Troopers For The OT Imperial Infiltrator Class

Prev1
Once canon always canon

They could have camouflage as one of their abilities

I see no problem with Death troopers and shadow troopers coexisting in canon

Death Troopers are bigger and more imposing than shadow troopers
And their armor is different

They play different military roles in the Empire

Replies

• RyanK388
    1860 posts Member
    Rebel Agents could be the counter infiltrator unit, Rebel agents are like infiltrators and Saboteurs and if you want to be lazy just make them human
    No need to make bothan spies
    Once canon always canon

They could have camouflage as one of their abilities

I see no problem with Death troopers and shadow troopers coexisting in canon

Death Troopers are bigger and more imposing than shadow troopers
    And their armor is different

They play different military roles in the Empire

Or Shadow Scouts, which was black armored scout troopers, but twice the amount of edginess and elite
  • RyanK388
    1860 posts Member
    Than maybe an Infiltrator version of the Deathtrooper?
  • Zman2202
    583 posts Member
    I miss the shadow trooper from Star Wars Battlefront. Would love to see a cloaking device or maybe a rebel scout with orbital strike
  • WodiQuix
    4575 posts Member
    How about Shadow Scouts or the Storm Commandos for the Empire, and Rebel smugglers or Rebel Marines or Rebel pilots for the Rebellion?
  • For the 1000th time... Deathtroopers have replaced the Shadowtrooper in Star Wars canon. They are no longer.

But yes, we desperately need new Reinforcements and Infiltrators for all factions in the OT and ST.

If that’s the case, why couldn’t we just have a normal-sized stormtrooper in all-black armor with an Invisibility ability?
    Bring back Extraction to the main menu please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Episode IX
    “Season” 5: Rogue One
  • No thanks to the Shadow Trooper, I’d prefer an ISB Agent for the Empires Infiltrator
  • Shadow troopers used to be intimidating a f when BF2015 first came out

Imagine how frightening it would be to see them running around the map in this game with actually cloaking abilities.

“There’s a black one”!

“And it just turned invisible”!!
  • The cloaked Shadow Trooper is a must have class and the Bothan Spy cloaked as a counter.
    If they make it were (a) running (b) firing and (c) meleeing makes them uncloak they will not be to OP. 😎👍🏼 Waaaaaay waaaaay cool.
    “There is always hope.”
  • Shock Trooper for Empire Infiltrator.

Death Trooper is the official Shadow Trooper.

Nothing more needs to be said.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Doesn’t matter in what form they come, skin or a reinforcement, i just want them.
    Open your eyes...
    ekn97qol2xso.gif

• Starmasui73146
    1487 posts Member
    edited September 14
    Shock Trooper for Empire Infiltrator.

Death Trooper is the official Shadow Trooper.

Nothing more needs to be said.

There are lots of Storm Troopers with black armor. George Lucas himself and his Lucas Arts team were heavily involved in helping Pandemic with there SWBF 1 and 2 (2004 and 2005). So as far as I'm concerned George Lucas (the maker of the Star Wars Universe) what he says goes, if he says Shadow Troopers are canon then to heck with what Disney says, sorry.

Examples of black armored troopers:

Shadow Trooper variants (George Lucas canon):

Shadow Trooper on Tatooine Survival map 15:12-15:36

Shadow Division

Dark Troopers (greyish or black armor), expanded universe:

aaaaaand yeah Death Troopers (part of the new Disney canon):

Inquisitor Storm Troopers (part of the new Disney canon):

Purge Trooper (from Jedi Fallen Order)
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • It just makes perfect sense to me
    Infiltrator
    Black armor with visual cloaking abilities
    It was canon in the last game
    After Krenic came out they would be together and the don’t look the same

The Death Troopers are all huge and have different blasters and voice modifiers

The Shadow Troopers are normal size storm troopers in all black armor the turn invisible on the battlefield

Different purposes

Enforcer

Infiltrator
  • Would be great especially having bothan spies as counters
  • Storm Commandos for infiltrators (similar function to droid commandos). Dark Troopers should replace the Ariel slot.
  • I also want the imperial sentry droid as an enforcer.
  • Smattonellus
    821 posts Member
    edited September 19
    Shadow trooper=not canon

Storm commando (silver scout trooper)=canon and fitting infiltrator theme

Or ISB agents for that matter, I find it more interesting than a simple recolor but whatever, both are fine and canon.
  • Id say the darktrooper since they were brought back into canon, personal preference. However, more than likely it'll be SCAR troopers or Storm Commandos and I think the shadow trooper was brought into canon again: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Shadow_trooper

And if we get infiltrators for OT era, I say the Infiltrators for rebels, they were re-canonized and the appearance from the legends version could be used
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • Starmasui73146
    1487 posts Member
    edited September 20
    Shadow trooper=not canon

Hogwash, well perhaps you missed my first post. I say this one last time, George Lucas personally heavily gave over-site with Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2 (2004 and 2005), it had Shadow Troopers. Lucas holds final word, who gives a freakin' rip what Disney says...George created the worlds to begin with, I listen to him. Nuff said.
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • Rebel Infiltrator has to be a Rebel Spec ops commando

ou3ywbcjb9mz.jpg
    oy7f2h7bfgao.jpg

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• Starmasui73146
    1487 posts Member
    edited September 20
    Rebel Infiltrator has to be a Rebel Spec ops commando

ou3ywbcjb9mz.jpg
    oy7f2h7bfgao.jpg

Wicked cool but to be honest lol I'd probably accidentally shoot them thinking they were a Imperial (just sayin'), save for the Rebel symbol on their helmet of course. lmao, :D 😂🤣 I guess I'd have to be staring at a lot of helmets other wise I'd confuse them (at distance) for a Shadow Trooper or Death Trooper. But yeah cool stuff. 😎👍🏼
    Clearly they are different, they have a dark red in the armor. Lol, your gonna seriously get me to pay waaaaay more attention to detail.
    “There is always hope.”
  • Shadow trooper=not canon

Hogwash, well perhaps you missed my first post. I say this one last time, George Lucas personally heavily gave over-site with Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2 (2004 and 2005), it had Shadow Troopers. Lucas holds final word, who gives a freakin' rip what Disney says...George created the worlds to begin with, I listen to him. Nuff said.

Actually i think the shadow troopers are still canon. There was a lego set, and this is after disney took over, the lego sets now say disney in the corner, but anyhow, the set came with two troopers that were called shadow troopers, and they were a charcoal greyish/black color so i think they are still canon, the set also came with two shadow guards, with their lightsaber pikes. The sets back round scene was on mustefar, and it came with a black/grey speeder with red lights, but i could be wrong, but why would disney approve of that if it wasn't canon?

Or ISB agents for that matter, I find it more interesting than a simple recolor but whatever, both are fine and canon.

Shadow troopers are canon. If you look up shadow troopers, and click on the website called wookieepedia, a star wars information database website, anyhow it says that admiral acbar says this... "shadow troopers are not to be underestimated" there is a legends and a canon side on wookieepedia, though sadly it says one of the battlefront 2 game designers said this... "Unlikely that we'll see the return of the shadowtrooper, though there is a new black stormtrooper in town." Referring to the death trooper.
  • Weren’t they in bf1? And isn’t the game canon, as in all the characters, places and objects are canon? If so, are shadow troopers canon?
    Hech4Lyf!
  • Laser921
    2133 posts Member
    edited September 20

ou3ywbcjb9mz.jpg
    oy7f2h7bfgao.jpg

thats not the infiltrator, wouldnt the rebel Infiltrator, the actual spec op unit that was brought back to canon, make sense?
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • Death Troopers and shadow troopers were on the battlefront together in BF1

ou3ywbcjb9mz.jpg
    oy7f2h7bfgao.jpg

Wicked cool but to be honest lol I'd probably accidentally shoot them thinking they were a Imperial (just sayin'), save for the Rebel symbol on their helmet of course. lmao, :D 😂🤣 I guess I'd have to be staring at a lot of helmets other wise I'd confuse them (at distance) for a Shadow Trooper or Death Trooper. But yeah cool stuff. 😎👍🏼
    Clearly they are different, they have a dark red in the armor. Lol, your gonna seriously get me to pay waaaaay more attention to detail.

😂😂 Yeah, I guess too many people are used to a dark primary and red secondary color being the evil Empire type of color. They look too awesome to be left out though imo
    Laser921 wrote: »

ou3ywbcjb9mz.jpg
    oy7f2h7bfgao.jpg

thats not the infiltrator, wouldnt the rebel Infiltrator, the actual spec op unit that was brought back to canon, make sense?

Pretty sure Spec ops commandos are canon because of some Star Wars RPG board game from one of those board game companies. They can probably add them to the game if they so chose without some big "canon" hassle

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• Weren’t they in bf1? And isn’t the game canon, as in all the characters, places and objects are canon? If so, are shadow troopers canon?

Yes they are canon. Like i said, if you look up shadow troopers, and go to the website called wookieepedia, which is a star wars database website, anyhow it says shadow troopers are canon, if you read my previous comment.
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    Shadow trooper=not canon

Shadow troopers are canon. If you look up shadow troopers, and click on the website called wookieepedia, a star wars information database website, anyhow it says that admiral acbar says this... "shadow troopers are not to be underestimated" there is a legends and a canon side on wookieepedia, though sadly it says one of the battlefront 2 game designers said this... "Unlikely that we'll see the return of the shadowtrooper, though there is a new black stormtrooper in town." Referring to the death trooper.

• How about an old clone...
    What does DX in my name stand for?
  • DXlolman wrote: »
    How about an old clone...

You mean like someone like old rex, gregor and wolf, from the rebels show?

It’s almost like…Disney gave EA the Star Wars license… and EA published this game…which means Disney has the authority here, not George Lucas

PSN: this_old_mouse
    Weren’t they in bf1? And isn’t the game canon, as in all the characters, places and objects are canon? If so, are shadow troopers canon?

Yes they are canon. Like i said, if you look up shadow troopers, and go to the website called wookieepedia, which is a star wars database website, anyhow it says shadow troopers are canon, if you read my previous comment.

The weird thing about the canonicity of the Shadow Trooper is that their only canon appearance is in SWBF1, but nowhere else, so is it really canon or not?

ou3ywbcjb9mz.jpg
    oy7f2h7bfgao.jpg

😂😂 Yeah, I guess too many people are used to a dark primary and red secondary color being the evil Empire type of color. They look too awesome to be left out though imo

ou3ywbcjb9mz.jpg
    oy7f2h7bfgao.jpg

Pretty sure Spec ops commandos are canon because of some Star Wars RPG board game from one of those board game companies. They can probably add them to the game if they so chose without some big "canon" hassle

Oh yeah I think they are, maybe not in this look but Rebel Commandos are definitely canon, Id say make them or the Rebel Marine the enforcer class and Rebel Infiltrator the Infiltrator
    Weren’t they in bf1? And isn’t the game canon, as in all the characters, places and objects are canon? If so, are shadow troopers canon?

The weird thing about the canonicity of the Shadow Trooper is that their only canon appearance is in SWBF1, but nowhere else, so is it really canon or not?

I think they have a mention in Twilight Company
  • The simple answer to please all parties... skins. Have Shadow Troopers or Storm Commandos or what ever you can think of that's fitting be skins that can be chosen/bought by the player, boom. Also...
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    Shadow trooper=not canon

Actually i think the shadow troopers are still canon. There was a lego set, and this is after disney took over, the lego sets now say disney in the corner, but anyhow, the set came with two troopers that were called shadow troopers, and they were a charcoal greyish/black color so i think they are still canon, the set also came with two shadow guards, with their lightsaber pikes. The sets back round scene was on mustefar, and it came with a black/grey speeder with red lights, but i could be wrong, but why would disney approve of that if it wasn't canon?
    1vdcv4unuw84.png
    Came out this year, it wouldn't be the first time LEGO's made stuff from Legends but between this and their appearance in the 2015 game I'm sure Shadow Troopers could come back. They definitely get my vote for an OT Infiltrator alongside Bothan Spies.
    Also, personally I'd like for Shock Troopers to be a Heavy or Death Trooper skin. Just sayin'.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • z6vjhw7rp00l.png
    Idea
    1. New Imperial Aerials.
    2. Take away the jet pack and make it the new infiltrator.
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg This isn't mine, Just thought it was cool

Rule 39: Never say no to Bacta

When you have been playing since launch Cool kid 8)

I want to make a squad of 4 Commandos and then scream "FORM UP DELTA SQUAD"

We need Delta Squad Commando skins.
  • New imperial Jet troopers is sorely needed
    Shock troopers shore troopers swamp troopers actually every single troopers for every faction
  • New imperial Jet troopers is sorely needed
    Shock troopers shore troopers swamp troopers actually every single troopers for every faction

Yeah true, there are massive variants. I did some digging into this myself. 👍🏼
    “There is always hope.”
  • Shadow troopers makes the most sense for an infiltrator class
    “shadow”
    And they would likely have the coolest ability anyway
    Turning invisible
  • This would be a perfect Imperial reinforcement. They say they are going to focus on other eras now,this is the time
  • lowell
    1652 posts Member
    edited September 21

No, I just checked Wookieepedia and they were only brought back for the game but Rogue One, Rebels, and Solo together have a lot of Imperial reinforcements that we could get for the game that we don't need to bring in more Legends ones unless they actually appear in other canon mediums:

Shoretroopers (now that Death Troopers have their own abilities and weapon instead of just skins)

latest?cb=20160930125429

RCO015.jpg

RCO016.jpg

RCO017.jpg

RCO018.jpg

RCO019.jpg

RCO020.jpg

RCO021.jpg

RCO022.jpg

KX-series Security Droid:

latest?cb=20170302003128

Fallen-Order-KX-droid.jpg

Imperial Combat Driver:

image_ba7e8b9d.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1920%2C1080&width=960

Sheev's Royal Guards

maxresdefault.jpg

Imperial Sentry Droids:

latest?cb=20161208104959

E-XD Infiltrator Droid:

e-xd-infiltrator-droid_753bb147.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1560%2C878&width=960

Imperial Super Commandos:

imperial-supercommandos_cb33993a.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1560%2C878&width=960

Swamp Troopers/Mudtroopers:

latest?cb=20180414153058

They also use this weapon alongside the E-10:

SX-21 scatterblaster (the one that Chewie used in the film once he and Han escaped Mimban)

latest?cb=20180710053114

Patrol Trooper:

solo-db-patrol-troopers-main-image_2ff22bc4.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1561%2C878&width=960

Range Trooper:

solo-db-range-troopers-main_d1206a97.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1560%2C878&width=960

Wet-weather Gear Stormtrooper:

latest?cb=20180621123849

Imperial Medics:

latest?cb=20180605173550

solo-db-imperial-medics-main-image_d607b959.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1560%2C878&width=960

There are 12 choices here that DICE could choose from before grabbing more from Battlefront 2015 or Legends and I'll bet we'll get more from the Mandalorian, the Cassian & K-2SO series, etc. There's even stuff to pick from the comics, novels, etc. DICE won't run out of options from the canon at the rate Lucasfilm is producing non-film Star Wars content.

One new element from the Mandalorian is:

Imperial Flametroopers

fvD8ZsC.png

Earlier variants of it appear in

Adventures in Wild Space

latest?cb=20170727183111

Jedi: Fallen Order

latest?cb=20190610165420

Not 12, but 13 now to be exact.
  • lowell wrote: »

No, I just checked Wookieepedia and they were only brought back for the game but Rogue One, Rebels, and Solo together have a lot of Imperial reinforcements that we could get for the game that we don't need to bring in more Legends ones unless they actually appear in other canon mediums:

Shoretroopers (now that Death Troopers have their own abilities and weapon instead of just skins)

latest?cb=20160930125429

RCO015.jpg

RCO016.jpg

RCO017.jpg

RCO018.jpg

RCO019.jpg

RCO020.jpg

RCO021.jpg

RCO022.jpg

latest?cb=20170302003128

Imperial Combat Driver:

Sheev's Royal Guards

maxresdefault.jpg

Imperial Sentry Droids:

latest?cb=20161208104959

E-XD Infiltrator Droid:

latest?cb=20180414153058

SX-21 scatterblaster (the one that Chewie used in the film once he and Han escaped Mimban)

latest?cb=20180710053114

Patrol Trooper:

solo-db-patrol-troopers-main-image_2ff22bc4.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1561%2C878&width=960

Range Trooper:

latest?cb=20180621123849

Imperial Medics:

latest?cb=20180605173550

solo-db-imperial-medics-main-image_d607b959.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1560%2C878&width=960

There are 12 choices here that DICE could choose from before grabbing more from Battlefront 2015 or Legends and I'll bet we'll get more from the Mandalorian, the Cassian & K-2SO series, etc. There's even stuff to pick from the comics, novels, etc. DICE won't run out of options from the canon at the rate Lucasfilm is producing non-film Star Wars content.

Imperial Flametroopers

fvD8ZsC.png

Adventures in Wild Space

latest?cb=20170727183111

latest?cb=20190610165420

All but 1 fills the shoes of infantry skin, aerial skin or a base enforcer.

Imperial Guard yes but they need the emperor to protect like in lore. (They didn’t add senate guard to clone wars did they?)
    What does DX in my name stand for?
  • lowell
    1652 posts Member
    edited September 21
    DXlolman wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »

latest?cb=20160930125429

RCO015.jpg

RCO016.jpg

RCO017.jpg

RCO018.jpg

RCO019.jpg

RCO020.jpg

RCO021.jpg

RCO022.jpg

latest?cb=20170302003128

Imperial Combat Driver:

Sheev's Royal Guards

maxresdefault.jpg

Imperial Sentry Droids:

latest?cb=20161208104959

E-XD Infiltrator Droid:

latest?cb=20180414153058

latest?cb=20180710053114

Patrol Trooper:

Range Trooper:

latest?cb=20180621123849

Imperial Medics:

latest?cb=20180605173550

Imperial Flametroopers

fvD8ZsC.png

Adventures in Wild Space

latest?cb=20170727183111

latest?cb=20190610165420

All but 1 fills the shoes of infantry skin, aerial skin or a base enforcer.

Imperial Guard yes but they need the emperor to protect like in lore. (They didn’t add senate guard to clone wars did they?)

The way they were used in the Rebels series finale was that Sheev sent them with Thrawn back to Lothal to eliminate Ezra since he foiled his plans to take control of the World Between Worlds and because of that, I believe they can be deployed anywhere for whatever reason Sheev needs them for so they don't just need to be his bodyguards.

Senate Guards haven't appear yet and they and Jedi Temple Guards could easily appear to counter MagnaGuards.

I mean, we don't see the two of them deployed on other planets except Coruscant but they would be cool to fight against those Separatist enforcers.

I also think that they don't need to be skins but we should allow DICE to see where they would be perfect in the game first because they easily could get their own abilities if they work with Story Group on building out these units as unique forces.
  • Death Troopers and shadow troopers were on the battlefront together in BF1

Yes, very true. The statement from the devs on them being replaced by death troopers is bull. Death troopers and Shadowtroopers had very different roles and training. Death troopers were bodyguards, but also acted as heavy infantry. Shadowtroopers were a stealth unit. Sneak around behind the enemy and attack. Totally different troopers, roles, and tactics.
  • TBH I just want my Rebel Marine skin for Assault (from Rogue One), the rest I can deal with or without. Or Rebel Marine can be a reinforcement, either or

AND...skins for Luke
  • I want rebels heavy soldiers like the one I saw in another post somewhere in the forum there’s also a picture of the character
  • It just makes the most sense to have a trooper that can turn invisible