criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Remove Boba Fett from HvV

Replies

• My heart goes out to all the Bobas that think they can kill my Jedi

(I'll reply to you in a bit Iden. You type too much; even more than me)

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• My heart goes out to kids who think sabers can kill boba. Boba kills anybody especially blasters. Thats why the whole team goes to protect their blaster hero. Boba is never protected. There's no counter to boba.
  • Rural438 wrote: »
    My heart goes out to kids who think sabers can kill boba. Boba kills anybody especially blasters. Thats why the whole team goes to protect their blaster hero. Boba is never protected. There's no counter to boba.

The team can't protect Boba though because he is too agile for them to keep up. The other blaster heroes get protected because they are so slow.
    My heart goes out to kids who think sabers can kill boba. Boba kills anybody especially blasters. Thats why the whole team goes to protect their blaster hero. Boba is never protected. There's no counter to boba.

The team can't protect Boba though because he is too agile for them to keep up. The other blaster heroes get protected because they are so slow.

Yea ik. There's no way to kill boba unless u get a whole team on him.
    Rural438 wrote: »

Yea ik. There's no way to kill boba unless u get a whole team on him.

Haha well that's maybe your own experience. I was just talking about why team mates don't necessarily protect a Boba that often.
  • Maybe we could turn this angery postu into a learning experience sharing with the newbie who's weeping about boba about ways he could deal with Boba?

- Use Han's bomb as an airburst.
    - Use Chewie (I think I need not explain much more than that!)
    - Finn's autolock
    - Use Anakin's pull on the guy and basically murder the living crap out of him when he's down.
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    MikeDog5k wrote: »
    My heart goes out to all the saber lords having trouble dealing with Boba.
    You can't saber spam Boba like you can every other blaster.

My heart goes out to the people who think killing a Jedi with Boba gives their life purpose.

Well those people would be odd haha but most of us just think Boba isn't OP and that there are ways to counter him in HvV.
  • If (big if) Boba is OP in HvV it is only when an extremely good Boba player has him. This isn't the majority. There are plenty of Boba players out there who are mediocre and can be dealt with in HvV. If an extremely good player gets Boba, that doesn't make Boba OP, it makes the user a stud to be that good with him.
    "-Need more Lemon Pledge"
    tumblr_m2y1yfKBMg1r0eo86o8_250.gif
  • Grinch wrote: »
    If (big if) Boba is OP in HvV it is only when an extremely good Boba player has him. This isn't the majority. There are plenty of Boba players out there who are mediocre and can be dealt with in HvV. If an extremely good player gets Boba, that doesn't make Boba OP, it makes the user a stud to be that good with him.

An extremely good player with a Vader, Anakin, Luke or Kylo can do a whole lot more damage than the same in a Boba.

This whole thread is a bit too much. But, good luck changing any minds. They are set and won't stop.
    If (big if) Boba is OP in HvV it is only when an extremely good Boba player has him. This isn't the majority. There are plenty of Boba players out there who are mediocre and can be dealt with in HvV. If an extremely good player gets Boba, that doesn't make Boba OP, it makes the user a stud to be that good with him.

An extremely good player with a Vader, Anakin, Luke or Kylo can do a whole lot more damage than the same in a Boba.

This whole thread is a bit too much. But, good luck changing any minds. They are set and won't stop.

Agreed
    "-Need more Lemon Pledge"
    tumblr_m2y1yfKBMg1r0eo86o8_250.gif

Lol no they can't.

What this thread boils down to is skill level. The great players know that boba fett is disgustingly overpowered because when said players use him they dominate like no other. Can't get knocked off the mapped, can't be spammed by sabers or abilities, 600 damage ability & 696 with cards & if it wasnt bugged it would do 783 damage. I can do whatever I want when I'm boba. Will hardly ever die as him due to players but, because I run out of gas. Bad players just go oh well I just killed a boba he's not op or I get easily killed by leia's etc cause I'm bad with him so he's not op
    Wallofman wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    All this talk about Boba and just last night made a 400+ level Boba rage quit after killing him 6 or 7 times as Han. Boba can be countered......IF YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH. Facts, case closed, match point, check mate....you can try to spin it any way to make yourself feel better. If you cannot figure out how to kill Boba, then you are just not that good.
    @Wallofman
    Please remember that I did offer you a 1v1 lightsaber duel and you ignored the invitation. Go troll elsewhere.

I do not have an XBox. Plus BFII does not have 1v1 so your challenge is pointless. Besides you have the nerve to call me a troll? LOL that's funny.

You are just upset you are not as good as you think and get owned by avg Boba players, because you do not have the skill to adapt to the game.
    So what platform are you on?

PS4. I play between 8:30pm-10:00pm Central time, except for Wed. My gamertag is the same
    Fantastic. I’ll contact you to set up a 1v1. Maybe you can teach me what I’m doing wrong.

So explain to me how this 1v1 would take place? For starters, that is not an option for BFII. Secondly, this argument is about Boba. You think he is over powered and has broken HvV. I am telling you he isn't. Dueling each other does not answer the question at hand. To prove the point we would need a good Boba player to play against. We cannot duel Han vs whatever saber hero you like to button mash.

I do not think you have really been following the conversation very well.
  • Wallofman wrote: »
    All this talk about Boba and just last night made a 400+ level Boba rage quit after killing him 6 or 7 times as Han. Boba can be countered......IF YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH. Facts, case closed, match point, check mate....you can try to spin it any way to make yourself feel better. If you cannot figure out how to kill Boba, then you are just not that good.
    @Wallofman
    Please remember that I did offer you a 1v1 lightsaber duel and you ignored the invitation. Go troll elsewhere.

I do not have an XBox. Plus BFII does not have 1v1 so your challenge is pointless. Besides you have the nerve to call me a troll? LOL that's funny.

You are just upset you are not as good as you think and get owned by avg Boba players, because you do not have the skill to adapt to the game.

PS4. I play between 8:30pm-10:00pm Central time, except for Wed. My gamertag is the same
    Fantastic. I’ll contact you to set up a 1v1. Maybe you can teach me what I’m doing wrong.

So explain to me how this 1v1 would take place? For starters, that is not an option for BFII. Secondly, this argument is about Boba. You think he is over powered and has broken HvV. I am telling you he isn't. Dueling each other does not answer the question at hand. To prove the point we would need a good Boba player to play against. We cannot duel Han vs whatever saber hero you like to button mash.

It's possible to do 1v1s in the game. Get 4 players in a party in 2 separate groups, you then search for showdown at the same time. Get the same map boom 1v1.

He's overpowered
  • bfloo
    16995 posts Member
    Grinch wrote: »

At least someone gets it.

Most Boba's fly around accomplishing nothing, turning a match into a 4v3.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

Most of the player base is bad & bad players using heroes shouldn't be the standard. I hardly ever run into a boba that's just so insanely good he decides matches. Yet when I do or when I'm boba his problems are obvious. A 600 damage ability pretty easy to get the full damage since you can go off the map & essily delete han etc. Can't be punished by Anakin, Luke, Obi-Wan, Yoda & han cause he instantly recovers. Anakin has a pull to directly counter him & he recovers so fast you can't do anything. Air recovery is his get out of jail free card. Bad players say he's not op because he's mechanically demanding. He is overpowered in HvV & yet is almost complete trash in GA

He is overpowered in HvV & yet is almost complete trash in GA

I fairly do good with him in GA, but demands a lot of skill, awareness and aim. But its not impossible to dominate with him in GA also.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

I fairly do good with him in GA, but demands a lot of skill, awareness and aim. But its not impossible to dominate with him in GA also.

It's possible yes. Certain phases like phase 1 of most maps i.e naboo, hoth & crait for example. He then struggles at least in my opinion in later phases.

No dude. I'm not even a good Boba(level 44) and I finish in the top 5 with him every time I play him. My buddy is a great Boba and gets first 100% of the times he picks him.

It's possible yes. Certain phases like phase 1 of most maps i.e naboo, hoth & crait for example. He then struggles at least in my opinion in later phases.

Use the extended exposure card, that gives you another 5 secs of map hack, very valuable in GA.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Darth_Vapor3
    4921 posts Member
    edited September 2019

Lol no they can't.

What this thread boils down to is skill level. The great players know that boba fett is disgustingly overpowered because when said players use him they dominate like no other. Can't get knocked off the mapped, can't be spammed by sabers or abilities, 600 damage ability & 696 with cards & if it wasnt bugged it would do 783 damage. I can do whatever I want when I'm boba. Will hardly ever die as him due to players but, because I run out of gas. Bad players just go oh well I just killed a boba he's not op or I get easily killed by leia's etc cause I'm bad with him so he's not op
    bfloo wrote: »

These truths are self evident.

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

@Wallofman

It's possible to do 1v1s in the game. Get 4 players in a party in 2 separate groups, you then search for showdown at the same time. Get the same map boom 1v1.

He's overpowered

That still does not address the major disagreement. How does the two of us dueling settle if Boba is OP? I contend he isn't you guys think he is. We would need to be on the same team and play against a good Boba (he admitted he isn't a good one) and you can witness how I deal with a good Boba. "1v1 me bro" does not solve this particular disagreement.

Is this really that hard for people to understand?

This deserves to be quoted again. Because why not.
    Elect MikeDog5k To Forum Moderator 2020
    5zxc2738asy2.png
    @Wallofman

He's overpowered

That still does not address the major disagreement. How does the two of us dueling settle if Boba is OP? I contend he isn't you guys think he is. We would need to be on the same team and play against a good Boba (he admitted he isn't a good one) and you can witness how I deal with a good Boba. "1v1 me bro" does not solve this particular disagreement.

“You are just upset you are not as good as you think and get owned by avg Boba players, because you do not have the skill to adapt to the game.”

Can’t make statements like this and not expect someone to not want to test you 😂. You also said “if you can’t counter boba, you are not skilled enough”. Can’t make these statements bud without expecting to back them up, it’s quite simple. You ALSO gave your platform and time of day earlier, what changed? Just say you don’t want to 1v1 😂

@Wallofman

He's overpowered

“You are just upset you are not as good as you think and get owned by avg Boba players, because you do not have the skill to adapt to the game.”

Can’t make statements like this and not expect someone to not want to test you 😂. You also said “if you can’t counter boba, you are not skilled enough”. Can’t make these statements bud without expecting to back them up, it’s quite simple. You ALSO gave your platform and time of day earlier, what changed? Just say you don’t want to 1v1 😂

Lol pretty much this
    @Wallofman

You can tell me whatever you want, but it doesn’t mean you’re right or that I’ll listen. Every good player I play with - and I play with some really good players - thinks Boba is extremely overpowered. I have no evidence that you’re a good player, so why should your opinion hold any validity to me?

I think I’d learn a lot from a 1v1 with you. I’d probably come to understand why you defend Boba. And setting up a 1v1 is quite easy. I’m sure I can secure two others to assist. You don’t have to be Han. Pick whoever you want and mash right back.
  • Yes Boba is hilariously OP if you have above average aim, nevermind top tier

His supposed "counter" in blaster heroes all get easily sent to respawn screen in one rocket barrage + a burst or two from his gun (regardless of aiming skill, you can't outdamage ~900hp in about 2 seconds on a flying target) and once they're out of the way he can kite jedis and do slow but steady damage to them easily, and every time a teammate attacks them (even a bad one) you get easy shots into their back as they are forced to deal with the threat.

He's the go to I win button when I'm on a losing villains squad and usually results in a win.

Yes, you aren't wrong, but you're trying to oversimplify it and omitting the enemy's responses.

Assuming everyone is top tier (because I don't care about talking scrub tier players):

You believe they "easily" get sent to respawn from a barrage.

Not true. You need a good Lightsaber Villain next to you to knock the Shooter with a Force power before you can hope to make it "easy". If you flew in too close, you can expect an Air Burst detonite to fly towards your face, if you got knocked and didn't get a lucky cover landing, you are dead without question. If you are flying out of his effective Detonite proximity to barrage, Han Solo can simply pop Broad Shoulders Charge which will negate 40% of whatever missiles manage to hit him while he's shoulder charging.

If you are both top tier shots, Han's blaster is far more deadly than yours. It's a tossup at this point, but you can't counter his detonite as effectively as he can counter your barrages.

Same goes for Chewie's charging frenzy slam. I'm not going to go over other shooters, because there is not much point in using other shooters besides Chewie or Han.

Obviously when factoring in teammates, anything can happen, and good Boba's try to wait for the teammate to CC or distract the enemy before wasting a barrage. Try it 1 on 1 and you're equalizing the factors

Eh, I don't think I am. Scenarios can go a trillion different ways based on varying player skills, environment as well as which bugs decide manifest at that moment, but all things equal in top level play Boba is at a huge advantage

Fact is that in a 4v4 environment LS blasters are in most circumstances a free point for Boba before you even get to the fact that he can alternate blaster disable-barrage to easily destroy them 1v1 as well (though disabler usually isn't even necessary)

Han and Chewie can mitigate the rocket damage somewhat but if he has both cards they're still losing up to half health (more in Han's case) and then have to deal with a potentially 705 health (his damage reduction card is broken and always applies) Boba and win a gunfight against his superior mobility

Chewie can't. With his short range he has no way to permanently damage Boba unless he does something really dumb. Only function he has is ragdoll and being a slight annoyance. Boba can pop in an out of LOS at his discretion hitting him with rockets and bursts and there's nothing he can do about it.

Han stands a better chance but the only thing he has is theoretical DPS potential. If he has an aimbot sure it's close to fair but in reality he's aiming at a much faster target moving in 3 dimensions. Boba's hitrate in practice is always siginificantly higher because it's easier to hit Han consistently than it is to hit Boba. Nevermind the fact that Boba can rocket barrage to remove half his health (or all of it if he doesn't have broad shoulders), blaster disable him and put one or two more bursts in for the kill without taking a point of damage. Detonite's throw range is too short, it's speed too slow and with Boba's air dodges it's ineffective at actually granting ragdoll unless used as a suprise attack. Usually, it won't even do enough for permanent health damage, albiet the threat of it can generally keep Boba just outside its range.

That's just hypothetical 1v1. In a 4v4 vs a competent DS team the LS blaster user (I agree, Han, Chewie others are not relevant) is going to be singled out constantly and wrecked by Vader especially and also Kylo. Vader can literally dash through the whole LS team and choke a blaster without being punished, and that blaster has no counterplay and no chance of not being sent to respawn just hanging there. Kylo lands his pull and the blaster gets mobbed by the whole team (Boba included).

Han generally can't employ his detonite against boba and usually can't employ his shoulder charge to mitigate barrage because he needs both of them pretty much every time they're not on cooldown for their CC to survive against the sabers all trying to gank him. He doesn't get to pick when he can employ them, he uses them as needed to escape being ganked.

Boba can circle the fray endlessly putting steady damage in just waiting for his opportunity to move in and gank a distracted or CC'ed enemy, and then escape at whim. He sees detonite fly or charge get used, he knows that Han is a free point for the next 20 seconds. He sees a pull, choke or any other kind of stun land, free kill.

He's essentially the equivalent of an air vehicle in combined arms games like Battlefield. He has total map control and can enter and disengage at whim, meaning he always engages to his advantage, and tends to dominate the metagame at high levels of skill just as those vehicles do in such other titles. However, in the former case there's usually some overarching ground based objective that the helicopter/plane can't really interact with directly and so their otherwise overpowered design is lessened to a degree.

In HvV Boba IS the objective, or part of it anyway. In the target system it simply made the game unwinnable for the lightside when the DS team coodinated to always give him the target. TDM it's better but he still can go a whole game never dying (effectively 25% less points up for grabs) and putting up plenty of kills and assists himself.

No, he can't singehandedly 4v1 and will generally lose if he's the only good player on the team, but he can make an unbalanced game much closer than any other hero, while making a balanced game a forgone conclusion on most maps (Jabba's palace being probably the most balanced precisely because Boba isn't as much a factor). Assuming all other things equal he grants a massive advantage that no other ranged unit does. Han, Chewie, Iden are all great picks but they can't pick their engagements like Boba can. He gets this massive advantage without really any drawbacks.

>Massive damage punish ability that instakills any blaster hero or CC'd Jedi
    >Primary weapon that is about mid tier (better than Bossk's, Lando's, Chewie's, Finn's and Phasma's IMO), maybe 20% behind the top ones in DPS and effectively identical when he's in flight making himself a much harder target to hit than they are for him
    >Ability to disable any blaster (the only things that can harm him) for enough time to guarantee a kill against them
    >unlimited map control and effective invulnerability when played correctly

He needs some kind of downside, or something that prevents him from having total air superiority just by being picked (e.g. an LS hero with equal or greater mobility i.e. another Jetpack). At least then there's one other variable (the opposing jetpack user) as to which team dominates the air game, as right now, the LS can't even play it.

Either that or greatly reduce his speed to where he can't outrun the LS at whim (he couldn't in 2015, both Luke and jumpack troopers could keep up with him), making the Jetpack's use as a defensive get out of jail free crutch much more difficult to employ.

TL;DR flying is inherently OP thank you for attending my Ted talk.

I'll just cede the discussion because it's too much extracurricular writing to reply to all of this. Although we don't have too much we disagree upon anyway. You're saying things I've mostly covered by now, or generally agree with.

Just two things:

before you even get to the fact that he can alternate blaster disable-barrage to easily destroy them 1v1 as well (though disabler usually isn't even necessary)

Lol @ Boba easily destroying Han in a 1v1. Han's better 1 on 1

And this:

Vader can literally dash through the whole LS team and choke a blaster without being punished, and that blaster has no counterplay and no chance of not being sent to respawn just hanging there. Kylo lands his pull and the blaster gets mobbed by the whole team (Boba included).

Not 'without' being punished. If RMT locks him and possibly Fett if ^30% range Obi Wan, Vader gets mobbed. He can still land it, but that's a consequence for Vader.

Indeed. For the record I don't think Boba is this monstrously overpowered thing as say Anakin was when he first launched and could OHK whole teams through the map's geometry, but at the top level of play he is a force multiplier that can make a perhaps not quite as good villains team look better than it really is in a way the other blaster villains (who are mechanically similar to their LS counterparts with the same high damage potential balanced by mobility and fragility) cannot.

I don't see how Han can win vs Boba unless you have them piloted by users with aimbots and Han does nothing but pop sharpshooter and hit headshots on a fast flying target that is simultanously pelting and blinding him with rockets.

Real terms boba leads with rockets and Han charges to take less damage. He can't do anything to damage Boba when he's in a shoulder charge unable to shoot and then has the other half of his health melted while his blaster subsequently is disabled (even without you have ~300 health left vs Boba's 705, your gun is better but not twice as good)

RMT is insanely punishing to blasters but decent Vaders can simply hold block and rotate to wait it out to little ill effect. Actually, I think that RMT has indirectly made Boba's issues more prominent simply because it's soooo unavoidably punishing to every blaster that isn't him that it ensures he's almost always the DS pick for the ranged option at top levels simply because RMT barely affects him but effectively instakills all the others in most cases.

Used to be you saw Iden, Bossk and Palp more (Phasma's always been bad for one reason or another) but once RMT hits them they're getting pulled and chain CCed from full to zero if the LS team is working together and there's little their own sabers can do to prevent it if they were also hit by the RMT. Noone likes giving up several free points per game just to maybe get a little more damage output (again, Boba isn't really that far behind them if he's accurate) and Boba doesn't have this vulnerability, so you end up with 3 saber + Boba comps almost invariably.

It's the whole metagame. Boba is broke but Saber user CC is also broke and these two compound the issue as comps become more centered around the thing he's immune to leading to him get abused even more. If it was actually viable to run more than one blaster on LS Boba might have a harder time of it but once you do that you start bleeding twice as many tickets to Vader and Kylo but Boba isn't really shut down.

Not 'without' being punished. If RMT locks him and possibly Fett if ^30% range Obi Wan, Vader gets mobbed. He can still land it, but that's a consequence for Vader.[/quote]

[/quote]
    Indeed. For the record I don't think Boba is this monstrously overpowered thing as say Anakin was when he first launched and could OHK whole teams through the map's geometry, but at the top level of play he is a force multiplier that can make a perhaps not quite as good villains team look better than it really is in a way the other blaster villains (who are mechanically similar to their LS counterparts with the same high damage potential balanced by mobility and fragility) cannot.

This is true
    I don't see how Han can win vs Boba unless you have them piloted by users with aimbots and Han does nothing but pop sharpshooter and hit headshots on a fast flying target that is simultanously pelting and blinding him with rockets.

You're clearly an alt that knows what they're talking about. But you're embellishing hard. Strafing can cause a few misses, but most good Hans (good shots in general) will hit at least 65-75% of his shots on Boba. Scoring three headshots and its rip. Boba isn't hitting all or most of his barrage on a Han playing the environment/charging sideways through cover after Boba gets momentum. And neither of these characters can sneak up on each other when they can hear footsteps and jets/rockets. Conc is a good tool, but playing the environment can stop Boba from capitalizing easily.

Han's DPS outclasses Boba's. Jumping with Han makes Boba anything but consistent with headshots. Dodging a detonite isn't ideal. And if it hits Boba, it's an automatic win. Nullifying a barrage is easier than dodging a detonite.
    Real terms boba leads with rockets and Han charges to take less damage. He can't do anything to damage Boba when he's in a shoulder charge unable to shoot and then has the other half of his health melted while his blaster subsequently is disabled (even without you have ~300 health left vs Boba's 705, your gun is better but not twice as good)

Boba has 600 Health lol. Your wishful thinking in this perfect scenario for Boba that a barrage will even take max health away doesn't happen so often. And why would Han keep charging in the open for Boba to keep shooting him in the back after the barrage?
    RMT is insanely punishing to blasters but decent Vaders can simply hold block and rotate to wait it out to little ill effect. Actually, I think that RMT has indirectly made Boba's issues more prominent simply because it's soooo unavoidably punishing to every blaster that isn't him that it ensures he's almost always the DS pick for the ranged option at top levels simply because RMT barely affects him but effectively instakills all the others in most cases.

Vader isn't waiting anything out. An RMT surrounded by Jedi is a death sentence, even for Vader. Hell, the Obi Wan alone can lower most of Vader's health off jump slashes if the Vader doesn't 180 faster than Kenobi. Reflexively it's 'possible' but improbable to block most or all of the attacks from one person. From two, it's oneshot, from 3, it's dead especially if the LS leads with a ragdoll wipe. It seems you're right that RMT made other blasters less effective though.
    Used to be you saw Iden, Bossk and Palp more (Phasma's always been bad for one reason or another) but once RMT hits them they're getting pulled and chain CCed from full to zero if the LS team is working together and there's little their own sabers can do to prevent it if they were also hit by the RMT. Noone likes giving up several free points per game just to maybe get a little more damage output (again, Boba isn't really that far behind them if he's accurate) and Boba doesn't have this vulnerability, so you end up with 3 saber + Boba comps almost invariably.

This should always be the meta setup for ds. Boba's just the best hands down because of those barrages, and escaping a team wipe whereas any other blaster is just meat without their Jedi.
    It's the whole metagame. Boba is broke but Saber user CC is also broke and these two compound the issue as comps become more centered around the thing he's immune to leading to him get abused even more. If it was actually viable to run more than one blaster on LS Boba might have a harder time of it but once you do that you start bleeding twice as many tickets to Vader and Kylo but Boba isn't really shut down.

Blasters have continuously been left behind by constant buffs to sabers (and ridiculous buffs to "hit detection", i.e. magnetism) and nerfs to stuns. Even Lando used to be viable.

@Wallofman

He's overpowered

Have you even followed the conversation? No one is testing me as Boba. That is the whole point! If a Boba player wants to test me, I accept. The problem is the foolish comments are from other players who are no good enough to deal with Boba. They just want to 1v1 me as saber heroes, that proves nothing against Boba.

You are not a very smart person are you?
    @Wallofman

He's overpowered

Have you even followed the conversation? No one is testing me as Boba. That is the whole point! If a Boba player wants to test me, I accept. The problem is the foolish comments are from other players who are no good enough to deal with Boba. They just want to 1v1 me as saber heroes, that proves nothing against Boba.

Maybe you’re not a very smart person? Calling people bad players with no evidence that you are a good player, while at the same time trying to avoid a 1v1 with said bad player.
    @Wallofman

You can tell me whatever you want, but it doesn’t mean you’re right or that I’ll listen. Every good player I play with - and I play with some really good players - thinks Boba is extremely overpowered. I have no evidence that you’re a good player, so why should your opinion hold any validity to me?

I think I’d learn a lot from a 1v1 with you. I’d probably come to understand why you defend Boba. And setting up a 1v1 is quite easy. I’m sure I can secure two others to assist. You don’t have to be Han. Pick whoever you want and mash right back.

You are pretty dense. This whole time you have been complaining how light sided saber heroes cannot stop Boba, and here you are telling me to pick Han and 1v1 you. That proves nothing. You would have to be a dark side saber hero, which is opposite of what you have been crying about. playing me does not prove anything. What needs to happen is us on the same side, playing a good Boba and I show you how easy it is to beat him. Of course you won't do that because it is the easiest way to settle this and you do not want to be shown up.
    @Wallofman

He's overpowered

Bruh you’re questioning people’s skill in the game. They want to see you back up your comments. It’s quite simple and I even quoted the parts where you questioned people’s skill 😂. lero has very clearly tested you 😂 so it’s time to accept it
    @Wallofman

You are pretty dense. This whole time you have been complaining how light sided saber heroes cannot stop Boba, and here you are telling me to pick Han and 1v1 you. That proves nothing. You would have to be a dark side saber hero, which is opposite of what you have been crying about. playing me does not prove anything. What needs to happen is us on the same side, playing a good Boba and I show you how easy it is to beat him. Of course you won't do that because it is the easiest way to settle this and you do not want to be shown up.
    “Crying.” That seems to be a very popular word around. I want to tell you that I’d like to meet you.

I said you don’t have to pick Han.

A 1v1 tells me whether or not you’re a good player. If you’re not a good player, then I can’t take your opinion seriously.
  • MikeDog5k wrote: »
    My heart goes out to all the Bobas that think they can kill my Jedi

Exactly. Because I made it so
    I don’t get how people think boba is not overpowered. 700 health, 600 damage ability, can’t be killed by sabers, super speed. He’s not balanced!

Where are you guys getting 700 health from? iDid he get ninja buffed since the last week since I've played Fett? He's had 600 on XBOX since the last time I remember. You're not the first person to say he has 700 health either

• MikeDog5k wrote: »

I don’t get how people think boba is not overpowered. 700 health, 600 damage ability, can’t be killed by sabers, super speed. He’s not balanced!

Where are you guys getting 700 health from? iDid he get ninja buffed since the last week since I've played Fett? He's had 600 on XBOX since the last time I remember. You're not the first person to say he has 700 health either

He has constant 700 with his damage card.
  • Now that I think about, this is actually all Anakin’s fault.

People think that because bad players could have a big impact with him at launch, that that’s requisite for overpowered. Thus, they believe that because a bad Boba doesn’t have as big an impact, he’s not overpowered.
    @Wallofman

“Crying.” That seems to be a very popular word around. I want to tell you that I’d like to meet you.

A 1v1 tells me whether or not you’re a good player. If you’re not a good player, then I can’t take your opinion seriously.

Looks like he don't want no smoke 😮

700 health? Not damage. I'm pretty certain Boba's health is still 600.

@Wallofman

I believe they mean that his damage reduction gives him the equivalent of 700 health.
  • This is still going? Damn.

I think an issue here, is that people simply have not seen a good boba player. They’ve only seen players that are mediocre, or worse.

Playing agaisnt these sort of Boba players can give the impression that he’s weak or underperforming. Not to be rude, but I can think of, maybe, 6 or 8 Boba players on Xbone I would classify as “good”.

Moreover, players may not have experienced how strong Boba is when combined with another good Kylo/Vader. Their synergy is absurd. Not impossible to beat, but very strong.

Anyways, who knows what will happen with Boba. I would like to see some nerfs to him (talked about this in a previous comment), along with some buffs.
    Confidence born of ignorance
    Now that I think about, this is actually all Anakin’s fault.

People think that because bad players could have a big impact with him at launch, that that’s requisite for overpowered. Thus, they believe that because a bad Boba doesn’t have as big an impact, he’s not overpowered.

This is a question with all games.

Do you balance around the masses (casual player base), or around the top tier minority?

Like I said previsouly, there are very few players that can play Boba well, so not many people struggle agaisnt him (as seen by these comments).

DICE seems to balance around the masses, which makes sense, so we’ll see how they approach this.

@Wallofman

OP you didn't even respond to my constructive criticism about your Rey gameplay. I'm assuming just because you have no evidence that I am a good player? You know there are NFL coaches and soccer coaches that have never player in the pro leagues and yet they coached the entire team. By your logic, none of the players should listen to a thing they say because they didn't play at the elite level. Your making the mistake of relying on the sources anacdotal experience to judge whether or not they make sound arguments, rather than actually listening and making sure what they say makes sense and holds true to actual superior gameplay within this game.
    @Wallofman

How many people have to tell you? He has 600 health, with his damage reduction card he has 705 health at all times even though the card says otherwise. Go in arcade & test it. Not many players seem to know this

I think an issue here, is that people simply have not seen a good boba player. They’ve only seen players that are mediocre, or worse.

Playing agaisnt these sort of Boba players can give the impression that he’s weak or underperforming. Not to be rude, but I can think of, maybe, 6 or 8 Boba players on Xbone I would classify as “good”.

Moreover, players may not have experienced how strong Boba is when combined with another good Kylo/Vader. Their synergy is absurd. Not impossible to beat, but very strong.

Anyways, who knows what will happen with Boba. I would like to see some nerfs to him (talked about this in a previous comment), along with some buffs.

Just curious because you seem to know alot of people, but have you ever seen DarthLahey play Boba? Hes my friend IRL but hes the best Boba I know and absolutely dominates with him.
    @Wallofman

How many people have to tell you? He has 600 health, with his damage reduction card he has 705 health at all times even though the card says otherwise. Go in arcade & test it. Not many players seem to know this

Do you think Boba is more OP than Anakin?
    @Wallofman

OP you didn't even respond to my constructive criticism about your Rey gameplay. I'm assuming just because you have no evidence that I am a good player? You know there are NFL coaches and soccer coaches that have never player in the pro leagues and yet they coached the entire team. By your logic, none of the players should listen to a thing they say because they didn't play at the elite level. Your making the mistake of relying on the sources anacdotal experience to judge whether or not they make sound arguments, rather than actually listening and making sure what they say makes sense and holds true to actual superior gameplay within this game.
    Well, whatever. I know Boba is unbalanced in the game’s current incarnation. My opinion on that cannot be altered.

As far your constructive criticism... I respect it and I didn’t think it required a response. I make mistakes. I try to correct them next time.

Just curious because you seem to know alot of people, but have you ever seen DarthLahey play Boba? Hes my friend IRL but hes the best Boba I know and absolutely dominates with him.

Off the top of my head, no, I can’t say I know him. Can’t say I’ve seen him around at all, either.

Does he play 4v4’s at all? I know pretty well all the people that play customs, so he may play with someone I know.

At the same time, you’ve hardly played against every Xbox player so maybe that’s a tiny exaggeration. I’d say there are more than 6 or 8 of them...
    @Wallofman

Do you think Boba is more OP than Anakin?

Yes. Not launch Ani, but current Ani absolutely