criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Remove Boba Fett from HvV

145679

Replies

  • During blaster weekend, Boba isn't even the best blaster hero. I have only rarely seen him place #1.
  • When's the 1v1

    source.gif

    giphy.gif

    giphy.gif

    tenor.gif

    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

    Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Billkwando wrote: »
    When's the 1v1

    source.gif

    giphy.gif

    giphy.gif

    tenor.gif

    😂
  • The problem with Boba has always been the continuous amount of time he can use his jet pack for. This is what lead to the toxic behaviour in H v V, as he'd unload his rockets then jet off to the other side of the map, or worse, to parts of the map which no other character could reach. This has never been addressed, they just keep tinkering with maps, but don't address the elephant in the room.

    Then they added a mid-air recover for him. This meant the few characters who could get Boba out of the air were basically neutralised as the mid-air recovery can be done so quickly it now makes no difference to Boba.

    Finally, to make matters even worse, he was given faster recharge times on his abilities whilst he is flying with his jet pack.

    All up, this characters development has been stuffed up by the Devs and they refuse to acknowledge there is any problem. They will tinker with everything else but leave this character alone and do nothing.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • During blaster weekend, Boba isn't even the best blaster hero. I have only rarely seen him place #1.

    Your logic is so dumb. Obi wan and Yoda hardly get first during the saber event. Do you think they're not considered one if the best sabers?
  • Yes. Obi stinks. Yoda is not great in HVV.

    This thread is about HVV, yes?

    Numbers don't lie.

    Facts > feelings.
  • Yes. Obi stinks. Yoda is not great in HVV.

    This thread is about HVV, yes?

    Numbers don't lie.

    Facts > feelings.

    Ok
  • Yes. Obi stinks. Yoda is not great in HVV.

    This thread is about HVV, yes?

    Numbers don't lie.

    Facts > feelings.

    Obi-Wan stinks?? Maybe you're just bad with him. Yoda isn't great??
  • What I see is Boba is most often annoying, but not over powering.

    Although cheese force crowd control moves are more annoying by far. But that leads to

    the complaint. Force moves are less effective against Boba.

    I say give everyone a mid air recovery.
  • What I see is Boba is most often annoying, but not over powering.

    Although cheese force crowd control moves are more annoying by far. But that leads to

    the complaint. Force moves are less effective against Boba.

    I say give everyone a mid air recovery.

    🤣😂🤣😂
  • Wallofman wrote: »
    unit900000 wrote: »
    Wallofman wrote: »
    Wallofman wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    Don’t care what the Boba apologists say. No character should be this overpowered.

    Devs, if you can’t see how unfair this character is then there’s a problem. Let me know if you need me to explain, but it’s pretty obvious.

    You must not be a very good player then. I killed Boba multiple times last night as Anakin. Good players know how to over come. Maybe you should stop crying and keep practicing.

    Maybe try strategy and not just button mashing,

    The “good player” aspect goes both ways.

    I’m sure you’re very good. Probably top tier. Who knows.

    A good Ani will beat a bad Boba, without question. But, what happens when the Boba is good? A good Boba understands how to play around Ani; what distance to keep from the Ani so Recovery will activate if he gets pulled, keep track of cooldowns, ensure to not fly directly overhead to avoid jump slashes, etc.

    So, we have a Boba that you can’t pull, can’t hit with HM, and you’re not hitting with regular slashes. You’re forced to either chase (lol) or divert your attention elsewhere. You can pressure the Boba and keep his attention, but you’re not going to kill him.

    There’s not much an Ani can do agaisnt a good Boba. The Boba will simply kite and deal poke damage.

    Also, I killed multiple Ani’s with Boba last night. Not really a sound argument.

    Actually you are wrong, it is easy to deal with Boba, especially as Anakin. You ignore him. You can easily avoid a good Boba. You stay under cover, stay inside, etc. Take away his advantage. Since there is no more target system, you take the fight inside and kill the other 3 villains. That is what we did last night. Avoid Boba, take it inside, and force the Boba player into a situation he is not as effective. Then you kill him. If I am fighting inside the cantina, even the best Boba will be limited in what he can do. It's called playing smart.

    I am an avg player, not great. All the heroes/villains have a counter, if you are smart enough to figure it out. Depends on the map, the playing style, etc. You might have to switch players, but there is always a counter.

    yes because nothing screams balance like oh look its Boba better go run and hide inside! what happens when you play on a map like star killer hm?

    Hmmm, I do not think you are a very intelligent person. If you can get your team all together inside a building it forces the other 3 villains to come attack, then you out number them. The Boba player is rendered ineffective. You really have not thought out your responses very well.

    It's amazing what the mods do and do not allow here.
  • This is also hysterical. You say you aren't that good or don't care about being good, but let somebody bring up the Target System and all of a sudden you have a PhD in HvV. I often suspected you had no idea what you were talking about, but thanks for confirming. Maybe if you git gud you'd understand what it meant to be good at playing by the rules of the Target System, without running or glitching.
    But noooooo. The "bad" HvV player couldn't ever allow a reasoned argument about it.
    It was all insults accusations, and recriminations, and now I guess we know why.
    Between you and everyone's favorite drunkposting freshwater fish and Rey McWaifu and his friends, nobody was ever allowed to engage in an intelligent discussion about the Target System, because the cyberbabies had to be cyberbullies, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in their cribs, and the ones who weren't part of the clique were suddenly silenced (or ignored).
    As I've said before, if they had just killswitched Boba back then, we wouldn't need to be having this discussion now. TDM sucks, and everyone who railed against the target system got exactly what they deserved....a Boba cheaper and cheesier than they could have ever imagined.
    Again, congrats.

    What are you talking about? Omg someone that doesn't take the game too seriously and can put his ego aside and admit that others might be better than him didn't like the target system. Grasp your pearls a little tighter. I also don't recall saying I am bad. I said that guy is likely better than me since he seems to care about putting others down for their playing ability, and I don't care if I am good at video games. Saying others are better is not saying I am bad.

    I don't recall ever insulting people that liked the target system outside of one specific player that admitted to using exploits and running Maybe I did, but I don't recall doing it. I feel like you're projecting quite a bit in this post.. I believe it was the TS supporters saying that everyone who disliked it were terrible noobs that couldn't cut it. Boo hoo more about the target system. You were in the minority, and it's good that it was changed. Boba wasn't the only problem with the target system. The target system was toxic, and DICE agreed that it had to go. Get over it already....
  • Yes. Obi stinks. Yoda is not great in HVV.

    This thread is about HVV, yes?

    Numbers don't lie.

    Facts > feelings.

    Obi stinks is a fact? Lmao yoda? Hmmmm
  • Yes. Obi stinks. Yoda is not great in HVV.

    This thread is about HVV, yes?

    Numbers don't lie.

    Facts > feelings.

    Obi stinks is a fact? Lmao yoda? Hmmmm

    If Yoda doesn't top the leader board consistently he is not great in hvv. It was not me who said Obi and Yoda hardly topped the leader boards in elegant weapons.

    Also I am not the only one who thinks Obi is a second class saber user. I tried to like him but he is just out classed.

    Yoda is no Luke in HVV. A good Luke can carry a team.

    Assault is a different story. Yoda is a king in assualt.


    The end on match shows the score. If a hero did not place well, they didn't do well.

    But really everyone needs to calm down.
  • Yes. Obi stinks. Yoda is not great in HVV.

    This thread is about HVV, yes?

    Numbers don't lie.

    Facts > feelings.

    Obi stinks is a fact? Lmao yoda? Hmmmm

    If Yoda doesn't top the leader board consistently he is not great in hvv. It was not me who said Obi and Yoda hardly topped the leader boards in elegant weapons.

    Also I am not the only one who thinks Obi is a second class saber user. I tried to like him but he is just out classed.

    Yoda is no Luke in HVV. A good Luke can carry a team.

    Assault is a different story. Yoda is a king in assualt.


    The end on match shows the score. If a hero did not place well, they didn't do well.

    But really everyone needs to calm down.

    Your facts aren’t facts tho. That’s the problem 😂
  • Billkwando
    2038 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Boo hoo more about the target system. You were in the minority, and it's good that it was changed. Boba wasn't the only problem with the target system. The target system was toxic, and DICE agreed that it had to go. Get over it already....

    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/search?Page=&adv=1&author=FourStringBass4&cat=all&comment_c=1&date=&discussion_d=1&discussion_poll=1&search=+target&tags=&title=&within=1+day

    9 pages of posts referencing the word "target", and from the ones I skimmed, almost all about HvV. If my memory serves, a decent percentage of it was pretty much just you trolling people who happened to disagree with you.

    I'm taking to you because you're one of the main ones who showed up in most, if not every and all, pro target system threads... to blather on about how bad it was. I just find it highly amusing that of all the threads I recall you showing up in to share your expertise and opinions on the matter, I don't recall you ever mentioning that you thought you weren't a great player.

    All I'm saying is you probably could've used some reflection upon your potential inadequacies as a player much sooner, or shared them with the rest of us, so folks might've realized they should take your strongly held opinions with a grain of salt.

    DICE refused to fix all the holes in the map, or do anything about runners with a rule change. You guys decided the target system was toxic, and then a year and a half later, DICE said "Yeah! What they said!" and removed the best mode in the game (stagnant Starfighter Assault excluded).

    Tomorrow, if the NFL decided to switch to British football rules, for safety reasons.....even a year from now you would find that plenty of people still wouldn't be happy, no matter how many times they had been told to "get over it".

    You can say you're majority until you're blue in the face, but I asked DICE multiple times, publicly, in ways they could not have possibly missed (tagging F8RGE) and such) to run a poll in the main menu of the game (asking if folks would prefer TS or TDM, or even both), like how they link to the forum of updates....and they ignored me.

    For 2 reasons. One, because they might not like the answer they received, because Two, it was never about what we wanted. It was about the fact they were unwilling to spend the amount of budget it would have taken to fix their Swiss cheese (Swedish cheese?) maps, and they were gonna do what they were gonna do, cos that's what they wanted to do, period. Meanwhile you guys were breaking your arms patting yourselves on the backs when you had merely been used by the folks who can't manage to get their game right, ever.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

    Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • The problem with Boba has always been the continuous amount of time he can use his jet pack for. This is what lead to the toxic behaviour in H v V, as he'd unload his rockets then jet off to the other side of the map, or worse, to parts of the map which no other character could reach. This has never been addressed, they just keep tinkering with maps, but don't address the elephant in the room.

    Then they added a mid-air recover for him. This meant the few characters who could get Boba out of the air were basically neutralised as the mid-air recovery can be done so quickly it now makes no difference to Boba.

    Finally, to make matters even worse, he was given faster recharge times on his abilities whilst he is flying with his jet pack.

    All up, this characters development has been stuffed up by the Devs and they refuse to acknowledge there is any problem. They will tinker with everything else but leave this character alone and do nothing.
    I hope this thread at least caught the devs’ attention. There have been so many “Buff Boba” threads here and requests on Twitter, that they probably have no idea how strong he is. I’m sure the devs think that removing the target system made Boba perfectly balanced.

    At least there have been more than a few people here acknowledging Boba’s strength. Maybe the devs will take notice one day, but I doubt it.
  • 400th post on a thread that shouldn't exist
    It should exist if the devs can’t balance Boba, which they have proven to be the case.
  • Yes. Obi stinks. Yoda is not great in HVV.

    This thread is about HVV, yes?

    Numbers don't lie.

    Facts > feelings.

    Obi stinks is a fact? Lmao yoda? Hmmmm

    If Yoda doesn't top the leader board consistently he is not great in hvv. It was not me who said Obi and Yoda hardly topped the leader boards in elegant weapons.

    Also I am not the only one who thinks Obi is a second class saber user. I tried to like him but he is just out classed.

    Yoda is no Luke in HVV. A good Luke can carry a team.

    Assault is a different story. Yoda is a king in assualt.


    The end on match shows the score. If a hero did not place well, they didn't do well.

    But really everyone needs to calm down.

    Your facts aren’t facts tho. That’s the problem 😂

    Are you saying Boba Fett consistently at the top of the scores in HVV? I am saying he does not often make it there.

    The end on match shows the score. If a hero did not place well, they didn't do well.

    But really this thread has been going on for how long? I doubt anyone is going to say yeah, I changed my mind.

  • Yes. Obi stinks. Yoda is not great in HVV.

    This thread is about HVV, yes?

    Numbers don't lie.

    Facts > feelings.

    Obi stinks is a fact? Lmao yoda? Hmmmm

    If Yoda doesn't top the leader board consistently he is not great in hvv. It was not me who said Obi and Yoda hardly topped the leader boards in elegant weapons.

    Also I am not the only one who thinks Obi is a second class saber user. I tried to like him but he is just out classed.

    Yoda is no Luke in HVV. A good Luke can carry a team.

    Assault is a different story. Yoda is a king in assualt.


    The end on match shows the score. If a hero did not place well, they didn't do well.

    But really everyone needs to calm down.

    Your facts aren’t facts tho. That’s the problem 😂

    Are you saying Boba Fett consistently at the top of the scores in HVV? I am saying he does not often make it there.

    The end on match shows the score. If a hero did not place well, they didn't do well.

    But really this thread has been going on for how long? I doubt anyone is going to say yeah, I changed my mind.
    I often see REY on top of the board. Probably because she’s the best.
  • Billkwando
    2038 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    The problem with Boba has always been the continuous amount of time he can use his jet pack for. This is what lead to the toxic behaviour in H v V, as he'd unload his rockets then jet off to the other side of the map, or worse, to parts of the map which no other character could reach. This has never been addressed, they just keep tinkering with maps, but don't address the elephant in the room.

    Then they added a mid-air recover for him. This meant the few characters who could get Boba out of the air were basically neutralised as the mid-air recovery can be done so quickly it now makes no difference to Boba.

    Finally, to make matters even worse, he was given faster recharge times on his abilities whilst he is flying with his jet pack.

    All up, this characters development has been stuffed up by the Devs and they refuse to acknowledge there is any problem. They will tinker with everything else but leave this character alone and do nothing.
    I hope this thread at least caught the devs’ attention. There have been so many “Buff Boba” threads here and requests on Twitter, that they probably have no idea how strong he is. I’m sure the devs think that removing the target system made Boba perfectly balanced.

    I may poke fun at you sometimes (which you shouldn't take seriously), but you do have a way with words. That was gold. I LOL'd.

    The best part is that it's hard to tell if you're being sarcastic or serious, but it works either way...

    Edit: I'm getting on the Xbox right now for a few rounds of HvV before bed. I've been super sick for the past few days and there's nothing nice and relaxing like a lightsaber battle. If you feel like getting on, come say hi. My GT is no secret.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

    Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Billkwando wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    The problem with Boba has always been the continuous amount of time he can use his jet pack for. This is what lead to the toxic behaviour in H v V, as he'd unload his rockets then jet off to the other side of the map, or worse, to parts of the map which no other character could reach. This has never been addressed, they just keep tinkering with maps, but don't address the elephant in the room.

    Then they added a mid-air recover for him. This meant the few characters who could get Boba out of the air were basically neutralised as the mid-air recovery can be done so quickly it now makes no difference to Boba.

    Finally, to make matters even worse, he was given faster recharge times on his abilities whilst he is flying with his jet pack.

    All up, this characters development has been stuffed up by the Devs and they refuse to acknowledge there is any problem. They will tinker with everything else but leave this character alone and do nothing.
    I hope this thread at least caught the devs’ attention. There have been so many “Buff Boba” threads here and requests on Twitter, that they probably have no idea how strong he is. I’m sure the devs think that removing the target system made Boba perfectly balanced.

    I may poke fun at you sometimes (which you shouldn't take seriously), but you do have a way with words. That was gold. I LOL'd.
    At the end of the day, this is a forum with a bunch of people I don’t know discussing a bad video game. So there’s nothing really serious about it. I would just prefer the game to be balanced and functional when I play, so I futilely come here to point out how I think that can be achieved.
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    The problem with Boba has always been the continuous amount of time he can use his jet pack for. This is what lead to the toxic behaviour in H v V, as he'd unload his rockets then jet off to the other side of the map, or worse, to parts of the map which no other character could reach. This has never been addressed, they just keep tinkering with maps, but don't address the elephant in the room.

    Then they added a mid-air recover for him. This meant the few characters who could get Boba out of the air were basically neutralised as the mid-air recovery can be done so quickly it now makes no difference to Boba.

    Finally, to make matters even worse, he was given faster recharge times on his abilities whilst he is flying with his jet pack.

    All up, this characters development has been stuffed up by the Devs and they refuse to acknowledge there is any problem. They will tinker with everything else but leave this character alone and do nothing.
    I hope this thread at least caught the devs’ attention. There have been so many “Buff Boba” threads here and requests on Twitter, that they probably have no idea how strong he is. I’m sure the devs think that removing the target system made Boba perfectly balanced.

    I may poke fun at you sometimes (which you shouldn't take seriously), but you do have a way with words. That was gold. I LOL'd.
    At the end of the day, this is a forum with a bunch of people I don’t know discussing a bad video game. So there’s nothing really serious about it. I would just prefer the game to be balanced and functional when I play, so I futilely come here to point out how I think that can be achieved.

    Check the edit on my last message if you missed it. Hopefully they've turned sabers back on now. :)

    I'm with you on wanting the game to be the best it can be.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

    Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Billkwando wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    The problem with Boba has always been the continuous amount of time he can use his jet pack for. This is what lead to the toxic behaviour in H v V, as he'd unload his rockets then jet off to the other side of the map, or worse, to parts of the map which no other character could reach. This has never been addressed, they just keep tinkering with maps, but don't address the elephant in the room.

    Then they added a mid-air recover for him. This meant the few characters who could get Boba out of the air were basically neutralised as the mid-air recovery can be done so quickly it now makes no difference to Boba.

    Finally, to make matters even worse, he was given faster recharge times on his abilities whilst he is flying with his jet pack.

    All up, this characters development has been stuffed up by the Devs and they refuse to acknowledge there is any problem. They will tinker with everything else but leave this character alone and do nothing.
    I hope this thread at least caught the devs’ attention. There have been so many “Buff Boba” threads here and requests on Twitter, that they probably have no idea how strong he is. I’m sure the devs think that removing the target system made Boba perfectly balanced.

    I may poke fun at you sometimes (which you shouldn't take seriously), but you do have a way with words. That was gold. I LOL'd.
    At the end of the day, this is a forum with a bunch of people I don’t know discussing a bad video game. So there’s nothing really serious about it. I would just prefer the game to be balanced and functional when I play, so I futilely come here to point out how I think that can be achieved.

    Check the edit on my last message if you missed it. Hopefully they've turned sabers back on now. :)

    I'm with you on wanting the game to be the best it can be.
    I’m going to bed now, but I was planning to play on Xbox after the update. We can play then.
  • Yes. Obi stinks. Yoda is not great in HVV.

    This thread is about HVV, yes?

    Numbers don't lie.

    Facts > feelings.

    Obi stinks is a fact? Lmao yoda? Hmmmm

    If Yoda doesn't top the leader board consistently he is not great in hvv. It was not me who said Obi and Yoda hardly topped the leader boards in elegant weapons.

    Also I am not the only one who thinks Obi is a second class saber user. I tried to like him but he is just out classed.

    Yoda is no Luke in HVV. A good Luke can carry a team.

    Assault is a different story. Yoda is a king in assualt.


    The end on match shows the score. If a hero did not place well, they didn't do well.

    But really everyone needs to calm down.

    Your facts aren’t facts tho. That’s the problem 😂

    Are you saying Boba Fett consistently at the top of the scores in HVV? I am saying he does not often make it there.

    The end on match shows the score. If a hero did not place well, they didn't do well.

    But really this thread has been going on for how long? I doubt anyone is going to say yeah, I changed my mind.

    That makes no sense because you’re completely forgetting the biggest variable, the user. We can end this that’s fine, I doubt you’ll change people’s mind as well with that lol
  • Billkwando
    2038 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    The problem with Boba has always been the continuous amount of time he can use his jet pack for. This is what lead to the toxic behaviour in H v V, as he'd unload his rockets then jet off to the other side of the map, or worse, to parts of the map which no other character could reach. This has never been addressed, they just keep tinkering with maps, but don't address the elephant in the room.

    Then they added a mid-air recover for him. This meant the few characters who could get Boba out of the air were basically neutralised as the mid-air recovery can be done so quickly it now makes no difference to Boba.

    Finally, to make matters even worse, he was given faster recharge times on his abilities whilst he is flying with his jet pack.

    All up, this characters development has been stuffed up by the Devs and they refuse to acknowledge there is any problem. They will tinker with everything else but leave this character alone and do nothing.
    I hope this thread at least caught the devs’ attention. There have been so many “Buff Boba” threads here and requests on Twitter, that they probably have no idea how strong he is. I’m sure the devs think that removing the target system made Boba perfectly balanced.

    I may poke fun at you sometimes (which you shouldn't take seriously), but you do have a way with words. That was gold. I LOL'd.
    At the end of the day, this is a forum with a bunch of people I don’t know discussing a bad video game. So there’s nothing really serious about it. I would just prefer the game to be balanced and functional when I play, so I futilely come here to point out how I think that can be achieved.

    Check the edit on my last message if you missed it. Hopefully they've turned sabers back on now. :)

    I'm with you on wanting the game to be the best it can be.
    I’m going to bed now, but I was planning to play on Xbox after the update. We can play then.

    Sounds good! :D

    Edit: BTW sabers are indeed back.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

    Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • FourStringBass4
    2218 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Billkwando wrote: »
    Boo hoo more about the target system. You were in the minority, and it's good that it was changed. Boba wasn't the only problem with the target system. The target system was toxic, and DICE agreed that it had to go. Get over it already....

    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/search?Page=&adv=1&author=FourStringBass4&cat=all&comment_c=1&date=&discussion_d=1&discussion_poll=1&search=+target&tags=&title=&within=1+day

    9 pages of posts referencing the word "target", and from the ones I skimmed, almost all about HvV. If my memory serves, a decent percentage of it was pretty much just you trolling people who happened to disagree with you.

    I'm taking to you because you're one of the main ones who showed up in most, if not every and all, pro target system threads... to blather on about how bad it was. I just find it highly amusing that of all the threads I recall you showing up in to share your expertise and opinions on the matter, I don't recall you ever mentioning that you thought you weren't a great player.

    All I'm saying is you probably could've used some reflection upon your potential inadequacies as a player much sooner, or shared them with the rest of us, so folks might've realized they should take your strongly held opinions with a grain of salt.

    DICE refused to fix all the holes in the map, or do anything about runners with a rule change. You guys decided the target system was toxic, and then a year and a half later, DICE said "Yeah! What they said!" and removed the best mode in the game (stagnant Starfighter Assault excluded).

    Tomorrow, if the NFL decided to switch to British football rules, for safety reasons.....even a year from now you would find that plenty of people still wouldn't be happy, no matter how many times they had been told to "get over it".

    You can say you're majority until you're blue in the face, but I asked DICE multiple times, publicly, in ways they could not have possibly missed (tagging F8RGE) and such) to run a poll in the main menu of the game (asking if folks would prefer TS or TDM, or even both), like how they link to the forum of updates....and they ignored me.

    For 2 reasons. One, because they might not like the answer they received, because Two, it was never about what we wanted. It was about the fact they were unwilling to spend the amount of budget it would have taken to fix their Swiss cheese (Swedish cheese?) maps, and they were gonna do what they were gonna do, cos that's what they wanted to do, period. Meanwhile you guys were breaking your arms patting yourselves on the backs when you had merely been used by the folks who can't manage to get their game right, ever.

    It wasn't a very complicated mode to begin with, and I never claimed I had expertise on HvV. I had every right to give my opinion on the target system. I had pretty much stopped playing HvV entirely because of the TS. My friends that used to play the game all refused to play HvV due to the TS. I looked over those comments of post history that you linked (that's kind of weird of you btw, imo), and I didn't really see anything that was rude. Maybe you're more sensitive that me though. I think you're trying to associate any rude anti-TS post to me just because I would post in those threads. . Just because you disagreed with me doesn't mean I was trolling. You'd show up in every thread as well to blather on about how great the TS was and tell all of us we were terrible, iirc.

    Here is one of my "rude" comments on a thread talking smack to target system fans.

    "There is really no reason to rub it in. Some people liked the target system, and their displeasure at losing it is as valid as your (and my) displeasure with the target system. Let's just be glad it is gone without needless gloating."

    I love how you keep claiming I have said I am bad simply because I said others are likely better than me? You must have a huge ego that prevents you from admitting such things. Video games are not one of things in my life that I care that much about so I will freely admit there are a lot of people that are better than me. Guess what, there are also a lot of people that are better than you. That is not me saying I am a horrible player. It's me saying that I don't care if I am good or if I am horrible. Not sure why you're having such a hard time with that concept.

  • Yes. Obi stinks. Yoda is not great in HVV.

    This thread is about HVV, yes?

    Numbers don't lie.

    Facts > feelings.

    Obi stinks is a fact? Lmao yoda? Hmmmm

    If Yoda doesn't top the leader board consistently he is not great in hvv. It was not me who said Obi and Yoda hardly topped the leader boards in elegant weapons.

    Also I am not the only one who thinks Obi is a second class saber user. I tried to like him but he is just out classed.

    Yoda is no Luke in HVV. A good Luke can carry a team.

    Assault is a different story. Yoda is a king in assualt.


    The end on match shows the score. If a hero did not place well, they didn't do well.

    But really everyone needs to calm down.

    As a level 329 Obi I have to disagree. People don’t play Obi Wan like he is supposed to be played. They want to saber spam like with Luke and Rey, spam abilities like anakin. That does not work! You have to play careful. Like a guardian. Know when to strike and when to defend. It is true that obi rarely tops the leaderboard. But that is ok. He is a great choice if you want to defend your teammates and don’t want to die often(I can’t remember when I have died more then 6 times in a match as Obi Wan).
    He works best when protecting blaster heroes(my experience) because he can’t keep up with the pace of the other sabers, unless he leads the other sabers.
  • Alright everyone cool it in here please, it got a bit heated there completely unnecessarily. You're all welcome to post your feedback but keep it respectful, there's zero need to start statshaming/calling people noobs because their opinion differs from yours.


    Keep it civil.
  • EA_Rtas wrote: »
    Alright everyone cool it in here please, it got a bit heated there completely unnecessarily. You're all welcome to post your feedback but keep it respectful, there's zero need to start statshaming/calling people noobs because their opinion differs from yours.


    Keep it civil.

    nyjsiz18z42i.gif
  • His rockets are definitely OP anyine who disagrees are just lying because they clearly are boba mains. One way to fix him in my opinion is nerf his rockets but buff his gun that way he's not so dependent on one ability
  • Batman20 wrote: »
    His rockets are definitely OP anyine who disagrees are just lying because they clearly are boba mains. One way to fix him in my opinion is nerf his rockets but buff his gun that way he's not so dependent on one ability

    True
  • This is still going? Damn.

    I think an issue here, is that people simply have not seen a good boba player. They’ve only seen players that are mediocre, or worse.

    Playing agaisnt these sort of Boba players can give the impression that he’s weak or underperforming. Not to be rude, but I can think of, maybe, 6 or 8 Boba players on Xbone I would classify as “good”.

    Moreover, players may not have experienced how strong Boba is when combined with another good Kylo/Vader. Their synergy is absurd. Not impossible to beat, but very strong.

    Anyways, who knows what will happen with Boba. I would like to see some nerfs to him (talked about this in a previous comment), along with some buffs.

    At the same time, you’ve hardly played against every Xbox player so maybe that’s a tiny exaggeration. I’d say there are more than 6 or 8 of them...

    Maybe, but I doubt it.

    Between all the people I know, all the time I’ve spent on the game, and all the teams I’ve scrimmed, if there was other top tier Boba players, I think I would have encountered them by now.

    It’s posisble, but I doubt it.

    We also likely have different definitions of good.

    Just very unlikely 🤷🏻‍♂️

    I don’t think so. Competitive community is pretty small.

    Like I said, our definitions are likely different, so that is a major factor.

    Not to beat a dead horse, but like
    I said it’s still quite unlikely. Besides there are many players I’d bet that are “competitive” outside of your community. It’s not like this game automatically puts people in a ranking system. Plus you didn’t know this boba that Starwars presented. Proving there are players no one knows about. Just my piece.

    There are always players no one knows about. They just end up getting sucked into our scene. There's a ton of XBOX groups for it

    I might have a few players nobody knows. Justin Tague or Hibana are two names I can think of off the top of my head that are top tier shooters that aren't involved with the scene to my knowledge

    I know both of them. Play with Hibana often. Cool dude.

    Top tier is stretch, though. They foil when up against strong teams. They trickle in, burn abilities too often, and bleed tickets.

    In pubs, they’ll run through lobbies. Agaisnt strong teams, they get farmed. It’s nothing agaisnt them, they just lack the experience in those settings.

    Lol there's like, 20 top tier players on Xbox, and only half of them I'd consider "Elite" The rest are just Pubstompers or Players that only play in groups ect. Can't really speak for PS4, but from what I've seen I'm pretty sure the Deathsquad would be considered elite over there, lmao.

    Honestly, unless there's some amazing players on OCE or Asia ect it's very unlikely there's any really good players we haven't ran into yet. We know pretty much everyone between us and play too often for it to have not happened tbh.
  • Yes. Obi stinks. Yoda is not great in HVV.

    This thread is about HVV, yes?

    Numbers don't lie.

    Facts > feelings.

    Obi stinks is a fact? Lmao yoda? Hmmmm

    If Yoda doesn't top the leader board consistently he is not great in hvv. It was not me who said Obi and Yoda hardly topped the leader boards in elegant weapons.

    Also I am not the only one who thinks Obi is a second class saber user. I tried to like him but he is just out classed.

    Yoda is no Luke in HVV. A good Luke can carry a team.

    Assault is a different story. Yoda is a king in assualt.


    The end on match shows the score. If a hero did not place well, they didn't do well.

    But really everyone needs to calm down.

    Your facts aren’t facts tho. That’s the problem 😂

    Are you saying Boba Fett consistently at the top of the scores in HVV? I am saying he does not often make it there.

    The end on match shows the score. If a hero did not place well, they didn't do well.

    But really this thread has been going on for how long? I doubt anyone is going to say yeah, I changed my mind.

    That makes no sense because you’re completely forgetting the biggest variable, the user. We can end this that’s fine, I doubt you’ll change people’s mind as well with that lol

    No I am averaging out over all users. Rather than just cherry picking one expert.

    Really good player can dominate in almost anyone. And really dominate in the likes of Luke etc.

    With your logic Obiwan should be removed from HvV. That what this thread is about. A character is so completely overpowered that must be removed. I don't think any hero is that op requiring removal.
  • This is still going? Damn.

    I think an issue here, is that people simply have not seen a good boba player. They’ve only seen players that are mediocre, or worse.

    Playing agaisnt these sort of Boba players can give the impression that he’s weak or underperforming. Not to be rude, but I can think of, maybe, 6 or 8 Boba players on Xbone I would classify as “good”.

    Moreover, players may not have experienced how strong Boba is when combined with another good Kylo/Vader. Their synergy is absurd. Not impossible to beat, but very strong.

    Anyways, who knows what will happen with Boba. I would like to see some nerfs to him (talked about this in a previous comment), along with some buffs.

    At the same time, you’ve hardly played against every Xbox player so maybe that’s a tiny exaggeration. I’d say there are more than 6 or 8 of them...

    Maybe, but I doubt it.

    Between all the people I know, all the time I’ve spent on the game, and all the teams I’ve scrimmed, if there was other top tier Boba players, I think I would have encountered them by now.

    It’s posisble, but I doubt it.

    We also likely have different definitions of good.

    Just very unlikely 🤷🏻‍♂️

    I don’t think so. Competitive community is pretty small.

    Like I said, our definitions are likely different, so that is a major factor.

    Not to beat a dead horse, but like
    I said it’s still quite unlikely. Besides there are many players I’d bet that are “competitive” outside of your community. It’s not like this game automatically puts people in a ranking system. Plus you didn’t know this boba that Starwars presented. Proving there are players no one knows about. Just my piece.

    There are always players no one knows about. They just end up getting sucked into our scene. There's a ton of XBOX groups for it

    I might have a few players nobody knows. Justin Tague or Hibana are two names I can think of off the top of my head that are top tier shooters that aren't involved with the scene to my knowledge

    I know both of them. Play with Hibana often. Cool dude.

    Top tier is stretch, though. They foil when up against strong teams. They trickle in, burn abilities too often, and bleed tickets.

    In pubs, they’ll run through lobbies. Agaisnt strong teams, they get farmed. It’s nothing agaisnt them, they just lack the experience in those settings.

    Lol there's like, 20 top tier players on Xbox, and only half of them I'd consider "Elite" The rest are just Pubstompers or Players that only play in groups ect. Can't really speak for PS4, but from what I've seen I'm pretty sure the Deathsquad would be considered elite over there, lmao.

    Honestly, unless there's some amazing players on OCE or Asia ect it's very unlikely there's any really good players we haven't ran into yet. We know pretty much everyone between us and play too often for it to have not happened tbh.

    Well as always there will be outliers, in fact you're an example; Having only seen you and D Inferno in a friend's stream (Dinu) on showdown once, I had no idea you were impressive till the vouch from Joker, another friend of friends. But having familiarity with said friends of friends and the xbox groups, you're probably right 😂. It's safe to say that 90% are discovered.

    And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

    he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours


  • Last year: Boba needs in air recovery. He shouldn’t die from being force pushed off a cliff, he has a jet pack!

    Today: In air recovery is not fair. Remove it.

    Dice will never please everyone, especially the HvV players since they are the biggest complainers on these forums. Sorry there is one blaster hero that is not a free kill to saber heroes.

    Yeah but In-Air recovery takes basically no fuel with it. Should take at least 1/3

    Why would it take 1/3 of his fuel? It’s literally just turning on the jet pack. The dashes should use more, but not the recovery.

    They could always create an air recovery animation where he stops and stabilizes his momentum with the jets fighting air resistance to correct his non top-right positioning. This kind of animation makes sense, because he kind of just flips with no weight behind the recovery like mass and gravity don't exist.

    This would also be a nerf, because it would halt him in his place for about 2.5 to 3.5 seconds before he fully stabilizes.

    And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

    he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours


  • awakespace
    1452 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    I think the easiest remedy to this would be to GIVE LEIA A JETPACK. Here me out... Just make her L2 a jetpack, and make it so if you hold R2 it does the charge, but if you tap it, it fires as it does now. Leia has needed some improvement for a while and this would basically solve the issue of Boba in HvV. She would not have for the hunt, so she should have a bit more fuel and recovery than Boba - perhaps like a Boba with both fuel card on and maxed.

    And before people say Leia doesn't have a jetpack in cannon; she doesn't have a bubble shield or a flash grenade either. Nor do Chewy or Lando have stuns, Phasma have a sentry turret, Finn have the ability to buff health or see through walls, etc

    I think Boba is potentially the most rewarding character in the game for me - since he takes a lot of skill to use on the highest level - so I definitely don't want him removed. In a 1v1 against any competent saber user there is really nothing he can do as long as the saber user is patient. But I understand that in HvV it is not a 1v1; and the fact that he can be all over the place gives the dark side an advantage - not to mention Palp and even Bossk are more maneuverable than any light sided blaster/range_attack user.

    One second change I would add would be to make Finn's undercover team actually grant him Jedi speed - that would be helpful in terms of lightside maneuverability.

    I'd be fine with decreasing Boba's rocket barrage damage a bit and increasing his ee3 (although its very easy to avoid the rocket barrage as a saber and even pretty easy as a blaster...), but improving his ee3 and reducing the barrage would make him even more deadly than he is now in the hands of high level players. I would definitely like his air recovery to be something that is triggered instead of automatic.
  • awakespace wrote: »
    I think the easiest remedy to this would be to GIVE LEIA A JETPACK. Here me out... Just make her L2 a jetpack, and make it so if you hold R2 it does the charge, but if you tap it, it fires as it does now. Leia has needed some improvement for a while and this would basically solve the issue of Boba in HvV. She would not have for the hunt, so she should have a bit more fuel and recovery than Boba - perhaps like a Boba with both fuel card on and maxed.

    I think Boba is potentially the most fun character in the game - and he takes a lot of skill to use on the highest level, so I don't want him removed. In a 1v1 against any competent saber user there is really nothing he can do as long as the saber user is patient. But I understand that in HvV it is not a 1v1; and the fact that he can be all over the place gives the dark side an advantage - not to mention Palp and even Bossk are more maneuverable than any light sided blaster/range_attack user.

    I'd be fine with decreasing Boba's rocket barrage damage a bit and increasing his ee3 (although its very easy to avoid the rocket barrage as a saber and even pretty easy as a blaster...), but improving his ee3 and reducing the barrage would make him even more deadly than he is now in the hands of high level players. I would definitely like his air recovery to be something that is triggered instead of automatic.

    Leia can fly without a jetpack
  • awakespace
    1452 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    awakespace wrote: »
    I think the easiest remedy to this would be to GIVE LEIA A JETPACK. Here me out... Just make her L2 a jetpack, and make it so if you hold R2 it does the charge, but if you tap it, it fires as it does now. Leia has needed some improvement for a while and this would basically solve the issue of Boba in HvV. She would not have for the hunt, so she should have a bit more fuel and recovery than Boba - perhaps like a Boba with both fuel card on and maxed.

    I think Boba is potentially the most fun character in the game - and he takes a lot of skill to use on the highest level, so I don't want him removed. In a 1v1 against any competent saber user there is really nothing he can do as long as the saber user is patient. But I understand that in HvV it is not a 1v1; and the fact that he can be all over the place gives the dark side an advantage - not to mention Palp and even Bossk are more maneuverable than any light sided blaster/range_attack user.

    I'd be fine with decreasing Boba's rocket barrage damage a bit and increasing his ee3 (although its very easy to avoid the rocket barrage as a saber and even pretty easy as a blaster...), but improving his ee3 and reducing the barrage would make him even more deadly than he is now in the hands of high level players. I would definitely like his air recovery to be something that is triggered instead of automatic.

    Leia can fly without a jetpack

    LOL - true

    Even better - it's cannon - her outfits don't even need to be modded - just let her fly in the game - same mechanics as Boba
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    Removing a character that works completely as intended shouldn't be removed. People that know how to use him shouldn't lose the chance to play that character because they're spoiling your glowstick battles.
    I don’t respect the opinions of GA players.

    So 95% of players?

    Lol 95%
  • awakespace wrote: »
    I think the easiest remedy to this would be to GIVE LEIA A JETPACK. Here me out... Just make her L2 a jetpack, and make it so if you hold R2 it does the charge

    And before people say Leia doesn't have a jetpack in cannon; she doesn't have a bubble shield or a flash grenade either. Nor do Chewy or Lando have stuns, Phasma have a sentry turret, Finn have the ability to buff health or see through walls, etc

    This would be the weirdest possible option

    And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

    he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours


  • I lost IQ points
  • I think the easiest remedy to this would be to GIVE LEIA A JETPACK. Here me out... Just make her L2 a jetpack, and make it so if you hold R2 it does the charge, but if you tap it, it fires as it does now. Leia has needed some improvement for a while and this would basically solve the issue of Boba in HvV. She would not have for the hunt, so she should have a bit more fuel and recovery than Boba - perhaps like a Boba with both fuel card on and maxed.

    haha, I love this option. Funny enough it does seem that light side needs a jet pack hero.
    "-Need more Lemon Pledge"
    tumblr_m2y1yfKBMg1r0eo86o8_250.gif
  • Still can’t believe nothing’s been done about Boba. He seems like he was literally created to annoy people. I’ve yet to see @F8RGE reply to a boba thread.
  • Still can’t believe nothing’s been done about Boba. He seems like he was literally created to annoy people. I’ve yet to see @F8RGE reply to a boba thread.

    But he's hardly OP! If he's OP in the hands of a small few then so what? He's still horrible in the hands of the majority, so it all balances out anyway. Also the same can be said about heaps of heroes in the hands of the right players.
  • Grinch wrote: »
    I think the easiest remedy to this would be to GIVE LEIA A JETPACK. Here me out... Just make her L2 a jetpack, and make it so if you hold R2 it does the charge, but if you tap it, it fires as it does now. Leia has needed some improvement for a while and this would basically solve the issue of Boba in HvV. She would not have for the hunt, so she should have a bit more fuel and recovery than Boba - perhaps like a Boba with both fuel card on and maxed.

    haha, I love this option. Funny enough it does seem that light side needs a jet pack hero.

    We just need A hero with a rocket launcher that one hits Boba while in air, but he doesn’t die immediately, instead his jetpack glitches out sending him across the map with the ROTJ Boba death scream.
  • This is still going? Damn.

    I think an issue here, is that people simply have not seen a good boba player. They’ve only seen players that are mediocre, or worse.

    Playing agaisnt these sort of Boba players can give the impression that he’s weak or underperforming. Not to be rude, but I can think of, maybe, 6 or 8 Boba players on Xbone I would classify as “good”.

    Moreover, players may not have experienced how strong Boba is when combined with another good Kylo/Vader. Their synergy is absurd. Not impossible to beat, but very strong.

    Anyways, who knows what will happen with Boba. I would like to see some nerfs to him (talked about this in a previous comment), along with some buffs.

    At the same time, you’ve hardly played against every Xbox player so maybe that’s a tiny exaggeration. I’d say there are more than 6 or 8 of them...

    Maybe, but I doubt it.

    Between all the people I know, all the time I’ve spent on the game, and all the teams I’ve scrimmed, if there was other top tier Boba players, I think I would have encountered them by now.

    It’s posisble, but I doubt it.

    We also likely have different definitions of good.

    Just very unlikely 🤷🏻‍♂️

    I don’t think so. Competitive community is pretty small.

    Like I said, our definitions are likely different, so that is a major factor.

    Not to beat a dead horse, but like
    I said it’s still quite unlikely. Besides there are many players I’d bet that are “competitive” outside of your community. It’s not like this game automatically puts people in a ranking system. Plus you didn’t know this boba that Starwars presented. Proving there are players no one knows about. Just my piece.

    There are always players no one knows about. They just end up getting sucked into our scene. There's a ton of XBOX groups for it

    I might have a few players nobody knows. Justin Tague or Hibana are two names I can think of off the top of my head that are top tier shooters that aren't involved with the scene to my knowledge

    I know both of them. Play with Hibana often. Cool dude.

    Top tier is stretch, though. They foil when up against strong teams. They trickle in, burn abilities too often, and bleed tickets.

    In pubs, they’ll run through lobbies. Agaisnt strong teams, they get farmed. It’s nothing agaisnt them, they just lack the experience in those settings.

    Lol there's like, 20 top tier players on Xbox, and only half of them I'd consider "Elite" The rest are just Pubstompers or Players that only play in groups ect. Can't really speak for PS4, but from what I've seen I'm pretty sure the Deathsquad would be considered elite over there, lmao.

    Honestly, unless there's some amazing players on OCE or Asia ect it's very unlikely there's any really good players we haven't ran into yet. We know pretty much everyone between us and play too often for it to have not happened tbh.

    Well as always there will be outliers, in fact you're an example; Having only seen you and D Inferno in a friend's stream (Dinu) on showdown once, I had no idea you were impressive till the vouch from Joker, another friend of friends. But having familiarity with said friends of friends and the xbox groups, you're probably right 😂. It's safe to say that 90% are discovered.

    Well that's understandable since me and Blood are EU. Can't say I remember your friend tbh, I don't like Showdown so it's pretty rare Dark manages to drag me in there. Dark the goat tho, best console Yoda, 100%
  • Still can’t believe nothing’s been done about Boba. He seems like he was literally created to annoy people. I’ve yet to see @F8RGE reply to a boba thread.

    Thats cause he doesn't need to be removed
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

    Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

    OOM-9 For Battlefront 2


Sign In or Register to comment.