criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Remove Boba’s Dodge

Prev1
Boba Fett has one of the two or three best dodges in the game. This makes no sense... because HE CAN FLY!

Devs, maybe it’s time you consider giving this character a weakness or two.
21 years in the making... the wait is over. Buy RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
headerjpgt1547513853

Replies

• He’s weak to Lightsabers
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    Boba Fett has one of the two or three best dodges in the game. This makes no sense... because HE CAN FLY!

He’s onlyTruly annoying in HvV
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    RyanK388 wrote: »
    He’s weak to Lightsabers
    Is this supposed to be a joke?

If he gets caught by a saber, he is likely dead.

Instead of getting rid of his dodge, they should make the blaster heroes' dodge better to be as effective.
    RyanK388 wrote: »
    He’s weak to Lightsabers
    Is this supposed to be a joke?

If he gets caught by a saber, he is likely dead.

Instead of getting rid of his dodge, they should make the blaster heroes' dodge better to be as effective.

Have to be a very very bad player to get spammed as boba
  • bfloo
    16099 posts Member
    Didn't you get the memo, every hero should be unkillable because it takes 2 minutes to get 4k bp these days.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    Didn't you get the memo, every hero should be unkillable because it takes 2 minutes to get 4k bp these days.
    I got the memo that this forum is filled with Boba sympathizers.

It isn't sympathizers, most of us just find 90% of Boba players worthless and just ignore them and count on the fact that they can't hit a moving target.

This.

I very rarely see Boba on the leader board. It seems much of the complaints about Boba come from not being able to use force powers to easily combo him to death.

Good players can do good with Boba, but that happens with any character.

So i should say that Boba is ok because trash players make Boba just fine?

Lol yes

It isn't sympathizers, most of us just find 90% of Boba players worthless and just ignore them and count on the fact that they can't hit a moving target.

This.

I very rarely see Boba on the leader board. It seems much of the complaints about Boba come from not being able to use force powers to easily combo him to death.

Believe me when i say if you face me playing Boba, you will see how powerful he is.

"Trash players"???

There are other heroes that are much more powerful than Boba. Many other characters are almost always on the top of the leader board.

This.

Believe me when i say if you face me playing Boba, you will see how powerful he is.

"Trash players"???

There are other heroes that are much more powerful than Boba. Many other characters are almost always on the top of the leader board.

Not in HvV

This.

"Trash players"???

Not in HvV

I am talking about hvv. I just don't see Boba score in the top often.
  • His in air dishes are fine, but remove his in air recovery
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • DarthLando wrote: »
    His in air dishes are fine, but remove his in air recovery
    For the record, I’m talking about his overall dodge, not just in air.
    headerjpgt1547513853

This.

"Trash players"???

Not in HvV

I am talking about hvv. I just don't see Boba score in the top often.

Cause bad players. I swear you know who's truly skilled at heroes in HvV. Every good player knows for a fact Boba is the best

Even if Boba was the best hero, so what? Can't a blaster hero be number one?

However, I still say he is not number one. It is all about dealing sustained damage. Heroes that can be up at the front line will and do rack up more eliminations and points.
  • I really think that removing Boba’s dodge and air recovery would go along way toward balancing him. If this happened, we wouldn’t have to remove him altogether.
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • Boba is an issue, absolutely. But, this is just silly. Nerfing Barrage, nerfing Recoery, and maybe nerfing FTH - all fair. Taking away his dodge? Nah, that’s silly. Aerials would have better ground mobility than him, lol.

Honestly, I don’t get why you have such a hate for Boba. He’s not balanced, but suggesting to remove him from HvV and take away his dashes? Come on, dude. Also, how many people can even play Boba at a level where he’s an issue?

On Xbox, I can count on two hands the amount of Boba players that are a thread. The rest I can kill with Lando.
    The ones that are a threat are a bigger threat than they deserve to be due to the overpowered nature of the character. Something must be done about him.

headerjpgt1547513853
    Boba is an issue, absolutely. But, this is just silly. Nerfing Barrage, nerfing Recoery, and maybe nerfing FTH - all fair. Taking away his dodge? Nah, that’s silly. Aerials would have better ground mobility than him, lol.

Honestly, I don’t get why you have such a hate for Boba. He’s not balanced, but suggesting to remove him from HvV and take away his dashes? Come on, dude. Also, how many people can even play Boba at a level where he’s an issue?

On Xbox, I can count on two hands the amount of Boba players that are a thread. The rest I can kill with Lando.
    The ones that are a threat are a bigger threat than they deserve to be due to the overpowered nature of the character. Something must be done about him.

I agree with you. He needs tweaking, there is no denying that.

However, removing him from HvV and removing his dash is not the way to go about that. In a perfect world, he would be overhauled to a different state, since his design is fundamentally stupid for how HvV works, but that’s not going to happen. He’s also not going to be removed fine HvV, since he’s “working as intended”.

You’re right in saying he’s too effective when operated by good players. I play Boba when I scrim with my team, and it’s disgusting what he’s capable of when played closer to potential.

Here’s a ***** from a 4v4 I played not too long ago; just look at the point difference.

zfwidbxxic3b.jpeg

Anyways, getting off track. I think it would be a better idea to propose realistic changes for the devs to consider. Should they choose to consider it. I’m not sure how their balancing process works; it makes no sense to me.
  • I made a comment, but it has disappeared.

Strange.
  • Do you really want them to actually remove his ability to dodge? You don't think that would be a bit unfair? One hit from a saber and he'd be toast. Should probably ask for a nerf instead of a removal. Maybe try giving a detailed idea of what you think would be fair.

I can tell you are passionate about this game and HvV to be more specific, but some of your posts are too vague.

Where have you offered a real solution? This is just complaining...and offering what appears to be a troll solution
  • Wow if boba ends up getting a nerf, then hes gonna be trash tier, I'm just gonna force blow him straight to the dump.
  • Oidmetala
    346 posts Member
    edited September 23
    I don't really see the problem with Boba Fett, the most players are not as good with him, just fly around and try to get some kills with rocket barrage.

In my opinion Boba Fett is only noticeable when good players with good aiming skills are playing as him. But it's also very noticeable for Boba players when good players with good aiming skills are playing against them. Basicly it's all about aiming, when you don't have a player in your team who can aim Boba down, then it's personal skill problems and not Boba Fett beeing to overpowered. The light side also got more then enough force powers to knock him around as well...

Removing his dodge is the most stupid idea i have ever read anyways, sorry...

• You were Boba in your last uploaded video on YouTube OP!!!
  • Do you really want them to actually remove his ability to dodge? You don't think that would be a bit unfair? One hit from a saber and he'd be toast. Should probably ask for a nerf instead of a removal. Maybe try giving a detailed idea of what you think would be fair.

I can tell you are passionate about this game and HvV to be more specific, but some of your posts are too vague.

Where have you offered a real solution? This is just complaining...and offering what appears to be a troll solution
    This is a real solution. I don’t think there’s anything troll-ish about it.

I know @NomiSunstrider and @Landeaux2 didn’t think it was a bad idea. I respect their opinions and I respect my opinions. So I agree with myself that it’s the right thing to do if they’re not going to remove Boba or find a way to balance him.
    headerjpgt1547513853
    Do you really want them to actually remove his ability to dodge? You don't think that would be a bit unfair? One hit from a saber and he'd be toast. Should probably ask for a nerf instead of a removal. Maybe try giving a detailed idea of what you think would be fair.

I know @NomiSunstrider and @Landeaux2 didn’t think it was a bad idea. I respect their opinions and I respect my opinions. So I agree with myself that it’s the right thing to do if they’re not going to remove Boba or find a way to balance him.

Personally I dont mind his dodges. The issue for me is air recovery and his insane RB damage. Nerf those 2 things but leave dodges alone

I’m not sure why Boba dying in one hit to a saber would be unfair. I believe it would be perfectly fair given how powerful his abilities are. Again, only Palpatine gets away from a lightsaber better than Boba, and only Boba can FLY away after dodging out.

Between the dodging and flying, no one avoids lightsabers as well as Boba. He should be punished if he gets hit by one. Instead, he’s able to easily create tremendous distance between himself and his would-be attacker, while at the same time blasting away at them from the protection of the sky.
    headerjpgt1547513853
    Do you really want them to actually remove his ability to dodge? You don't think that would be a bit unfair? One hit from a saber and he'd be toast. Should probably ask for a nerf instead of a removal. Maybe try giving a detailed idea of what you think would be fair.

You respect your own opinion? Haha isn't that just assumed that someone respects their own opinions? imagine someone who had absolutely no respect for their own opinions haha
    I did answer you about my location somewhere. I was curious why it had to be America or Australia, but it’s the former.
    headerjpgt1547513853

You respect your own opinion? Haha isn't that just assumed that someone respects their own opinions? imagine someone who had absolutely no respect for their own opinions haha
    I did answer you about my location somewhere. I was curious why it had to be America or Australia, but it’s the former.

Ok, I must of missed it. I was wondering because I'm on Australian server on Xbox. So we couldn't have a fair 1v1 anyway. Oh well.

Ok, I must of missed it. I was wondering because I'm on Australian server on Xbox. So we couldn't have a fair 1v1 anyway. Oh well.
    I’m sure I’d lose on Xbox anyway. Especially because @Nien_nunb (Is that you Ronald?) has pointed out that I must suck.
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • EA_Rtas
    1718 posts EA Moderator
    Alright folks lets leave it out with the "if you can't deal with it you suck" comments, they add nothing and they're only going to start an argument.
  • EA_Rtas wrote: »
    Alright folks lets leave it out with the "if you can't deal with it you suck" comments, they add nothing and they're only going to start an argument.

I thought someone had made a fake profile of yours because there is no moderator badge indicating that a mod commented on this thread haha

This.

what platform do you play? what is your gamer tag?
  • bfloo
    16099 posts Member

This.

So we should punish you for figuring out how he works?
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Wallofman wrote: »

This.

What happened to the 1v1

I’m not sure why Boba dying in one hit to a saber would be unfair. I believe it would be perfectly fair given how powerful his abilities are. Again, only Palpatine gets away from a lightsaber better than Boba, and only Boba can FLY away after dodging out.

Between the dodging and flying, no one avoids lightsabers as well as Boba. He should be punished if he gets hit by one. Instead, he’s able to easily create tremendous distance between himself and his would-be attacker, while at the same time blasting away at them from the protection of the sky.

You can't honestly believe that completely removing his dodge makes sense. So you think in GA, if any trooper class gets one melee hit on him he should be dead since he will stuck in the stagger animation while they keep meleeing him? There is 0% chance they will remove his dodge, but in the even they did, I'e expect him to receive about 300% more fuel to make up for it. You should try offering real solutions. How about making in air recovery available after 5 seconds- that way Anakin can still force pull him?
  • Pigfoot wrote: »
    Wallofman wrote: »

This.

What happened to the 1v1

I never got an invite. Oh well. Everyone from that thread knows when I play, the platform, and my gamer tag.
    Pigfoot wrote: »

This.

What happened to the 1v1

I never got an invite. Oh well. Everyone from that thread knows when I play, the platform, and my gamer tag.

Can't you invite him tho?

This.

What happened to the 1v1

He is the one throwing around challenges. I have nothing to prove. I am content at knowing I have no problem taking a Boba player out. I have neither the time nor the inclination to worry about defending myself from people who want to cry and complain all the time. Others want to challenge me, they know how. I am not claiming to be some great player, I just know how to deal with pesky Boba players.
  • Khemikalburn
    81 posts Member
    edited September 23
    Boba's ground dodge is better than his in air dodge. In air dodging just helps him dodge blaster fire and a few in air dodges grounds him quite fast as it burns his jet fuel very quickly. A great boba Fett player will use in air dodges sparingly as he needs to keep enough fuel to get far enough away from force pulls and pushes. The balance issue with Fett are not his dodges, its the rocket spam and the jet pack speed. Rockets should be a single rocket to encourage accuracy with high damage payoff, but less that what it is now. Jetpack needs speed reduction with reduction to air dodging using fuel up so fast, and finally he needs a significant damage boost on his rifle and a zoom with faster overheat to balance the damage increase. Also, it would nice to see the left or right ability have a star card that can swapped one of the 2 rockets with a good flame thrower and the melee changed to a rifle but.

This.

What happened to the 1v1

He is the one throwing around challenges. I have nothing to prove. I am content at knowing I have no problem taking a Boba player out. I have neither the time nor the inclination to worry about defending myself from people who want to cry and complain all the time. Others want to challenge me, they know how. I am not claiming to be some great player, I just know how to deal with pesky Boba players.

Yeah but we all want to see the 1v1 haha

This.

What happened to the 1v1

What time do you play again?
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • awakespace
    1196 posts Member
    edited September 23
    Disagree with this thread - and the other nerf Boba threads - it's the wrong approach IMO

why do sabers want to be able to slaughter Boba so easily?

if Boba kills a Jedi 1v1 the Jedi should be embarrassed, so why should Jedi have such an easy time killing Boba?

I get that in HvV Boba is highly mobile and can be a lot to deal with in team play when it is very high level

Mostly it is because the light side can't get back together - can't regroup and get's picked off by the dark side gang rush

My solution would be give Leia a jetpack (or just let her fly since it's cannon - lol) - and have Finn's undercover team give him Jedi running speed - give the light side ranged users greater mobility

Dark side has Boba, Palp, and even Bossk who have much more maneuverability than any light side ranged user - thus they can regroup

Don't neuter one of the most unique play styles in the game

• awakespace wrote: »
    Disagree with this thread

if Boba kills a Jedi 1v1 the Jedi should be embarrassed, so why should Jedi have such an easy time killing Boba?

I get that in HvV Boba is highly mobile and can be a lot to deal with in team play when it is very high level

Mostly it is because the light side can't get back together - can't regroup and get's picked off by the dark side gang rush

My solution would be give Leia a jetpack (or just let her fly since it's cannon - lol) - and have Finn's undercover team give him Jedi running speed - give the light side ranged users greater mobility

Dark side has Boba, Palp, and even Bossk who have much more maneuverability than any light side ranged user - thus they can regroup

He needs a nerf. Air recovery needs to go & his rockets need nerfing. Can 1 shot blaster heroes & if the card wasn't bugged he'd do 783 with anti hero rockets. That is not balanced. It's not balanced that if he fails to dodge he has a safety net feature. I don't see jedi with this feature & it makes sense for them to recover mid-air.

This.

What happened to the 1v1

What time do you play again?

generally between 830pm-1030pm central time. Exept for tonight (because I have an MRI at 8pm) and every Wed. I do not get a chance to log in on Wed.
  • awakespace
    1196 posts Member
    edited September 23
    awakespace wrote: »
    Disagree with this thread

He needs a nerf. Air recovery needs to go & his rockets need nerfing. Can 1 shot blaster heroes & if the card wasn't bugged he'd do 783 with anti hero rockets. That is not balanced. It's not balanced that if he fails to dodge he has a safety net feature. I don't see jedi with this feature & it makes sense for them to recover mid-air.

I could see some tweaks being fine. I think his air recovery should be something that needs to be manually done and not automatic for sure. Still right now it only works sometimes and at certain distances. For instance if you are at the very edge of Anakin's pull you will usually recover (but not always), but if you are in the middle of his range you will almost always crash to the ground and take at least two hits before you can stand up and dash out. If Anakin, also does his HM you will take over 500 damage.

If you want air recovery to go completely then he needs to have more health and more health regeneration. I prefer it as is personally.

Yes he can do a lot of damage with the rockets, but even if a blaster just rolls twice they will only take about 300 of it. And if you are a saber you can just jump and avoid it all together. I'm fine with the rockets being nerfed a bit, but if they make his blaster better to compensate, in any way (e.g damage, spread) he will be even more difficult to deal with when facing high level players. A lot of people seem to suggest this - but if I wanted to make a stronger Boba I would definitely take some extra blaster damage or reduced spread at the cost of rocket damage.