criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Obi's Damage Reduction BUG still works after Cooperation Update

giphy.gif

And now you can even know when it's active and when it expires thanks to the new UI element for Damage Reduction.

So this exploit is now even more harmful then before!
Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)

Replies

• I was nervous about this.

Damn.
  • Do you know if the stamina decreases bug are still in place? i.e Vader only having 8 melee strikes instead of 10?
  • Sounds like they really take their time playtesting 😏
  • Please fix Yoda's bug too where he can't break out of immobilizing effects with Presence if in the air anymore (Kylo's Freeze, Vader's Choke, etc)

And please put his dash back to 130 and only 85 only if going through a block. It does nothing for CS or GA, and makes him super weak in hero modes coupled with his slow swing speed.
  • Grieve is able to re use abilities instantly. Noted in HVV, instant recharge.
  • anidriX wrote: »
    Do you know if the stamina decreases bug are still in place? i.e Vader only having 8 melee strikes instead of 10?

Sorry @anidriX , my time to test was cut abruptly and I have no idea when I'll be able to test again. Maybe in the weekend though.

@F8RGE
    Glad to have that response. We should definetly have more of these exchanges.
    Tired of BUGs?

But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Tagging to say we're aware and looking to prioritise into an upcoming patch.

HvV/HS is mess with Obi's damage reduction AND OHK'ing stamina....there is no point of attacking him and as a saber hero you have stamina left to attack him either...glitching plebs are well aware of this. Can it please come sooner on a hotfix patch?
  • I think I just accidentally discovered how to trigger this. I did it over and over and just held block in a particularly bad HvV matchup to see what would happen. I could block and hold off a Vader, Fett, kylo, and grievous for an annoyingly long time. Wow.
  • @F8RGE

Patch notes don't mention anything on this BUG. Any news you can share with us on this?

Take this as evidence (and it has many other BUGs displayed as well):

To the community: This is the extent of unfairness this BUG can reach if used constantly and premeditatedly, even by a spammy and somewhat innefective Obi-Wan player. I avoided the type of gameplay and movement I usually do, in favor of trying to get the best moments to activate the glitch, and spam everything I had on the enemies at once. And it worked very well. The enemy team wasn't bad, and on my team one player decided to AFK the whole match on purpose. Of course my buggy and spammy Obi served as 2 players for us to balance the game and win in the end.

And if you pay attention carefully (or go to youtube to read the description of the video), you'll see many other smaller BUGs/glitches that I happened to stumble upon. I'm working now to bring all this evidence to the according official reports on Answers HQ.
    Tired of BUGs?

• anidriX
    1220 posts Member
    @F8RGE

Patch notes don't mention anything on this BUG. Any news you can share with us on this?

Take this as evidence (and it has many other BUGs displayed as well):

To the community: This is the extent of unfairness this BUG can reach if used constantly and premeditatedly, even by a spammy and somewhat innefective Obi-Wan player. I avoided the type of gameplay and movement I usually do, in favor of trying to get the best moments to activate the glitch, and spam everything I had on the enemies at once. And it worked very well. The enemy team wasn't bad, and on my team one player decided to AFK the whole match on purpose. Of course my buggy and spammy Obi served as 2 players for us to balance the game and win in the end.

And if you pay attention carefully (or go to youtube to read the description of the video), you'll see many other smaller BUGs/glitches that I happened to stumble upon. I'm working now to bring all this evidence to the according official reports on Answers HQ.

To make it worse, it's incredibly easy to reproduce to the point that anyone could it.

Based on the activation, I figured it could also affect Anakin. Fortunately, it doesn't.
  • I played HvV for like 8 hours today( wife at work, kids at grandmas for the day) and I saw 4 obi wans exploit the glitch today. The word is out.
  • What is this glitch?
    I certainly saw you die in a midair jump by the grounded Grievous... I hate that glitch...
  • F8RGE
    907 posts EA Community Manager
    Should hopefully be fixed next week.

Good. Finally no more invincible Obis running around ruining the match. So many people use this glitch its disgusting.

Hopefully along with a Restrictive Mind Trick nerf.
  • Thanks for the answer @F8RGE
    Tired of BUGs?

• I just got done playing a game on Naboo and every Obi-Wan player was practically immune to DMG (& not just the ones around Finn, Leia, and the Clone Commandos) as I'm certain most people exploit the bug (I never have and I never will).
    I had Kylo equipped w/ Resilience (I was near a friendly Iden player who was cowering around the main entrance before the stairwells leading up to the Throne Room), Bloodlust, & Power of Darkness.
    The Obi-Wan player in question was completely alone and not even remotely close to any of the previously mentioned units that grant DMG Reduction.
    Somehow, I barely inflicted any DMG on them even when Obi-Wan was immobilized by Freeze (as that lame red Shield Icon kept showing above them) and they killed me before I could even get them below 50% health.
    ValarMorghulisDL on PSN
  • It's the power of the high ground, never underestimate it, don't try it
  • @ValarMorghulis81
    I still need to test this properly, but I don't think Iden grants the benefits of Kylo's Resilience Star Card. I can assure you she doesn't grant the damage reduction from the card, nor Boba, Bossk, or Phasma. Only Sith and Grievous give the full bonus to Kylo.
    Tired of BUGs?

• @RogueZeroRendar
    Did you even read the clearly legible sentences that I wrote? I'm not talking about DMG Reduction granted to Kylo Ren by Resilience. In fact, I wasn't even aware it granted DMG Reduction being how the card itself doesn't mention such a thing which is yet another major flaw with BFII (i.e. how a player would have to find such info on a message board).
    I was specifically referring to the Bonus DMG granted to Kylo Ren by the Star Card Resilience (20 extra DMG when in close proximity to another Villain), and how I had that +20, along w/ the Bloodlust Bonus DMG for its duration, & the Power of Darkness Bonus DMG for its duration.
    ValarMorghulisDL on PSN
  • It's the power of the high ground, never underestimate it, don't try it

Nope. We were both on even ground.
    ValarMorghulisDL on PSN
  • RogueZeroRendar
    1383 posts Member
    edited October 19
    @RogueZeroRendar
    Did you even read the clearly legible sentences that I wrote? I'm not talking about DMG Reduction granted to Kylo Ren by Resilience. In fact, I wasn't even aware it granted DMG Reduction being how the card itself doesn't mention such a thing which is yet another major flaw with BFII (i.e. how a player would have to find such info on a message board).
    I was specifically referring to the Bonus DMG granted to Kylo Ren by the Star Card Resilience (20 extra DMG when in close proximity to another Villain), and how I had that +20, along w/ the Bloodlust Bonus DMG for its duration, & the Power of Darkness Bonus DMG for its duration.

I can't see how I didn't read that carefully, so I'll answer you again, this time maybe clearer to you: I strongly believe you had ZERO bonus damage with the Resilience Star Card by having Iden near you. I still have to test this properly, but as the other bonus from the same Star Card I already tested (the dmg reduction) and I know these villains do not provide this bonus, it's highly likely that these specific villains aren't considered for none of this card's effect at all.

Of course this is irrelevante when talking Obi's BUG, and with Resilience dmg bonus or not, by your description, it's clear this Obi was with the BUG activated. I was just pointing out what I believe through my tests about your statement of the Resilience's damage bonus.

With my Splitscreen mod not launching, it's harder for me to test this properly because the MP environment is too chaotic for that, as I need to damage an enemy while clearly near one of these villains (and not near any of the other batch of villains) to check the amount of points I got only from that attack to be sure. I tested the bonus damage property with some of the villains that do provide the damage reduction bonus part of Resilience Star Card, and they work, but these are easier to test as you know when you're near one of these villains because the shield icon appears on your health.
    Tired of BUGs?

• Psy3d
    883 posts Member
    I strongly believe you had ZERO bonus damage with the Resilience Star Card by having Iden near you.

Or anyone else and it doesn't give any DR. It does have unnecessary yellow icon coming up...even sometimes when zero hero friendlies are in the hexagon part of the mini map. Anyway I hope this is the last week I have to put up with those glitchin obi plebs.
  • RogueZeroRendar
    1383 posts Member
    edited October 20
    Psy3d wrote: »
    I strongly believe you had ZERO bonus damage with the Resilience Star Card by having Iden near you.

Or anyone else and it doesn't give any DR. It does have unnecessary yellow icon coming up...even sometimes when zero hero friendlies are in the hexagon part of the mini map. Anyway I hope this is the last week I have to put up with those glitchin obi plebs.

Not sure I got it right, but you're saying although the yellow shield icon appears when Kylo is near one of those villains (Maul, Vader, Palpatine, Dooku, or Grievous), no damage reduction is being granted to Kylo? Because I tested this and indeed the Resilience Star Card does provide 20% damage reduction bonus whenever Kylo has one of these 5 villains inside the octagon in the radar. However this damage reduction from the Resilience Star Card doesn't take effect if the only villains near Kylo are Phasma, Iden, Bossk, or Boba.
    Tired of BUGs?

• Psy3d
    883 posts Member
    Not sure I got it right, but you're saying although the yellow shield icon appears when Kylo is near one of those villains (Maul, Vader, Palpatine, Dooku, or Grievous).

So saber buddies+emperor give him actual DR? Interesting...I didn't see this happen to me as Kylo and in HvV/HS always have R card on. It might have the work when it feels like it mode. Hopefully @F8RGE and friends can actually mention this in the notes of CR?
  • I just got done playing a game on Naboo and every Obi-Wan player was practically immune to DMG (& not just the ones around Finn, Leia, and the Clone Commandos) as I'm certain most people exploit the bug (I never have and I never will).
    I had Kylo equipped w/ Resilience (I was near a friendly Iden player who was cowering around the main entrance before the stairwells leading up to the Throne Room), Bloodlust, & Power of Darkness.
    The Obi-Wan player in question was completely alone and not even remotely close to any of the previously mentioned units that grant DMG Reduction.
    Somehow, I barely inflicted any DMG on them even when Obi-Wan was immobilized by Freeze (as that lame red Shield Icon kept showing above them) and they killed me before I could even get them below 50% health.

I just saw the same exact thing. An Obiwan was totally taking advantage of the glitch. He would be surrounded by villains and troopers pounding on him with little effect.
  • @ToadHallMayhem

Yep. Add this to the long list of reasons why I will not be playing any future Battlefront games, nor any other Star Wars games so long as EA is the only company allowed to make them.
    To me, this is by far the most annoying bug/exploit since that lame battle points & score spawn bug/exploit from last year. I'd flat out quit many a games when people on my team were performing it, or attempting to perform it on me.
    ValarMorghulisDL on PSN
  • @ToadHallMayhem

Yep. Add this to the long list of reasons why I will not be playing any future Battlefront games, nor any other Star Wars games so long as EA is the only company allowed to make them.
    To me, this is by far the most annoying bug/exploit since that lame battle points & score spawn bug/exploit from last year. I'd flat out quit many a games when people on my team were performing it, or attempting to perform it on me.

I have never seen the bug so bad. They should just remove his damage reduction, if they can't fix it.