criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Community Transmission - Cooperation Update & Release Notes

Replies

• Can't wait for this update ,, would be better if Leia had a buff.
  • Looks fantastic! Can’t wait to jump in!

I would love to see the player health and AI health options from Arcade make their way to instant action. Having the ability to customize TTK is really awesome.
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • Starmasui73146
    1798 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    What a big update, congratulations !

Looking foward to Instant action (Hoping for a split screen option in the future).

Can the new damage sound be disabled in options, for those who would find it annoying?

Yes please, I love realism...the sound prompt can we have the option to shut it off in menus? Oh and the circle icon over their heads too, can we shut those off in menus please, thanks?They take away from the epic cinematic real world look you created. Thanks devs. 🙂👍🏼

The (sort of) rants:
    (1.)
    Raices wrote: »
    awakespace wrote: »
    HERO CHANGES
    • Hero abilities will have no cooldown and will be instantly refunded, when they are interrupted. For example if Luke

Nice
    The health bonus from the Officer's Battle command, Yoda's Presence and Finn's Big Deal should not stack anymore.

Good
    LIGHTSABER HEROES
    • Fixed an issue that could cause the deflect animation to not show locally, even though the player is deflecting.
    • Made changes to reduce the risk of rubberbanding when deflecting a lightsaber attack.
    • Updated staggers to give more control to the player being attacked.
    • Adjusted all Lightsaber Heroes' dodge timings in order to let them move after the dodge animation earlier.
    • Fixed an issue where Lightsaber Heroes would deflect the wrong Blaster bolt color.
    Hopefully good?
    BOBA FETT
    • Boba Fett's jetpack fuel now displays the amount of fuel constantly when dodging or replenishing. Previously this was updating only every second and leading to misunderstanding about the amount consumed.
    • Fixed an issue where the Death from above star card effect would happen without having to activate the Rocket Barrage ability.

Good
    CAPTAIN PHASMA
    • Captain Phasma can now pick up the Sentry Droid. This should help Phasma relocate as it was currently very frustrating to be locked in place or have to lose your turret for the duration of the cooldown.
    • Captain Phasma's Sentry Droid now is destroyed when she is defeated.

Finally that annoying sentry will go away!
    REY
    • Fixed an issue that would cause Rey's Dash Strike to completely deplete the stamina bar of a Lightsaber Hero when blocking.

I was kind of getting used to this as a decent gameplay mechanic, since I think her dash should break block, but it's fine either way
    YODA
    Reduced Yoda's health bonus from the Presence ability
    • Base health bonus on troopers reduced from 100 to 70 points
    • Base health bonus on Heroes and Yoda reduced from 200 to 150 points
    • Reduced the delay until health starts depleting from 10 to 8 seconds. Yoda's Presence was the strongest bonus health in the game by far. We're trying to reduce its impact on big game modes.

Not too sure about this... but okay
    • Yoda's Dash Attack damage has been reduced from 130 to 85 points. The dash attack while breaking block also dealt a lot of damage. We're adjusting it to have a damage level that takes the block breaking into account.

Very much disagree with this, I do! 85 is junk damage. Perhaps if it was 130 if not blocked and 85 if blocked that would be okay... But now Yoda has gone back to being overly low in his ability to deal damage with his slow swing speed and now super low dash damage. This is a classically overdone DICE nerf that will barely affect GA but make Yoda much weaker in HvV

Yup, Luke and Anakin were still better than Yoda in HvV (dealing dmg), nobody's picking him now, i guess people are OK with some characters being op while others remain trash tier. Yoda has 0 ofensive capabilities now

Yeah I was finally rockin' as Yoda and having fun playing him slashin' up the villains aaaaaaaand then they just nerfed him, RIP Yoda. Oh well.

On a positive note the A.I. Yoda in "Instant Action" and "Co-Op" is spectacular. Soooo
    maybe I'm panicking for nothing.

(2.) DICE, "Within Instant Action there will also be a selection of in-game options which will allow you to customise your experience. As we move forward we’ll be looking to further expand this list, so be sure to let us know what you’d like to see."

The devs asking us what we want to see for menus in "Instant Action" is a real slap in the face. I mean it's not like we have been posting anything on the "Instant Action and PvE Thread" or anything 128 pages latter: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/comment/1501146#Comment_1501146
    We've posted tips for "Instant Action" and menus for the last month since gamescom and numerous other things about "Instant Action" for going on four years now. So I am not getting what question they have. We laid it all out for them.

But you know what...it's okay, I just played "Instant Action" on Felucia and I was absolutely annihilated. Soooo all is forgiven. Group hug.

(3.) Yet another nerf to Iden.
    Here sniper rifle is useless in HvsV. - nerfed in the past
    Here electrocute is ridiculously short. - nerfed in the past
    Here secondary now has longer wait time (only thing effective against heroes for her). - nerfed now

You've reduced her to a pile of goo.

(4.) Sarlaac dead on Felucia, it wont grab passers bye.

You know even if this is dead it still looks cool as heck. I love how you put the Command Post on the dock over it and the fish in the mouth pond. Very cool.

(5.) Acklay? It is not roaming around the creek like in SWBF 2 (2005).

You know you could still put one near the bridge by the creek and have it attack anyone who gets to close to it's nest near the creek bridge. Pleeeeesee. 🤗 It could have eggs near there under the bridge or in the bushes thus the eggs make it not stray more then say 5' from the creek bridge. So you ether have to A .) fight the Acklay and slay it quick or B.) sprint past it fast. Fun stuff. Ooooooor the acklay could be like a boss battle at the end of the match and then after that you fight one of the Separatist bosses like General Grevious or something. I don't know I'm just brainstorming here.
    Open to ideas people.

(6.) Where is the A.I. Destroyer Droids (Droideka) and A.I. Commandos?
    I suppose the Destroyers might be getting stuck on things or perhaps they threw the match out of balance to much in the C.I.S.'s favor. I could see A.I. Republic Commandos throwing it out of balance definitely. Well I'm sure you'll solve it. I have complete faith in you.

glv5hrntlyq1.png
    F8RGE commented on The Vehicle AI Not Being Present At Launch

"I've seen early versions of it working. We just ran out of time to get in for launch, as nice as it would have been.

AI isn't the easiest of things to work with but the team have done some absolute witchcraft already."

Don't know if he is also including Starfighters...

I'm bummed 😔 about "Instant Action" not having A.I. vehicles yet but I know that your working on it so it's all good. 🙂👍🏼

The huge Raves:
    (1.) The Commando - very fun and not to OP, nice balance Devs.
    (2.) "Instant Action" for totally Offline
    (3.) A.I. villains and heroes in "Instant Action" - phenomenal good learning A.I.
    (4.) All the rest of the tweaks.
    (5.) All the bug fixes.
    (6.) Co-Op is cool but I hope we eventually get split screen for "Instant Action".
    (7.) Felucia looks beyond epic, sooooo beautiful.
    (8.) A.I. Commando Droid
    (9.) A.I. Clone Jump Troopers
    (10.) A.I. C.I.S. Rocket Pack Super Battle Droid
    (11.) Enemy and friendly A.I. "regular troopers" utilizing all their abilities
    (12.) Having a Command Post capture mode Offline period...
    (13.) The ability to drive the AT-TE Offline in "Instant Action"
    (14.) The ability to drive the BARK Offline in "Instant Action"
    (15.) The ability to drive the TX-130 Saber Tank Offline in "Instant Action"
    (16.) The ability to drive the AT-RT Offline in "Instant Action"
    (17.) The ability to drive the AAT Offline in "Instant Action"
    (18.) The ability to drive the STAP Offline in "Instant Action"
    (19.) Phasma and the Officers ability to now pick up droid auto turrets. Thank you soooooooo much for this, really really thank you.
    😎👍🏼🤗
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • Annnnnd.....still no new Trooper Weapons. Oh, and you still haven't even bothered to look at the Xbox aiming issue.

Thanks for listening to your fans, DICE.
  • Thanks for the update, cant wait fto check out The Commandos and Felucia BUT...

Adding Extraction to Strike!?!?!? Thanks for killing Extraction Dice! Really appreciate it. >:(

We really dont want to sit through Strike games just to play Extraction! What a crappy move.
    If you just added more maps you'd see what a great mode it really is! People have been asking for this for ages in one of the largest threads on this forum!!
    FAIL!

• Important_info101
    1114 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Why is there no release timezones in here.

The most important information you don't include?

Edited for all caps ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
    My priority list:

1. Fix Split screen mode bugs
    2. Fix bugs
    3. Bigger play area for Duel mode
    4. More love for Starfighter modes
    5. First Person only mode
  • CornellAKABCM
    408 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Why is there no release timezones in here.

The most important information you don't include?

What's your timezone? I can find out for you.

Edited quote to reflect change ~Rtas
  • Starmasui73146
    1798 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    AW_Cramer wrote: »
    People have been asking for this for ages in one of the largest threads on this forum!!

43 pages (as of Sept 26th, 2019), hmmmmmm?

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/comment/1502523#Comment_1502523

43? 🤣😆😂🤣 We waaaaaaay out shined you on that one mate. The "Instant Action and PvE Thread" we're at 128 and climbing.

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/comment/1502384#Comment_1502384

😛
    “There is always hope.”
  • Derelderp
    184 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    "In Co-op, all Troopers, Reinforcements, Vehicles, Heroes and Villains will be available to play. "

You got my hopes up there but i just watched a Co-Op Video on youtube and you can only choose 4 hroes, just like in CS which sucks...

Esp since the 3 blasters Characters i still need to get to lvl 40 arent included in that mode...

Useless...
  • C'mon guys...seriously. Ewok mode is still there ! … nobody plays this. I have tried unsuccessfully for months and not one game available. Yet Extraction is lumped with Strike … just played 4 games of Strike waiting to get to Extraction … no go.
  • I'd like to see a fix for throwing grenades (as troopers) followed immediately by a roll, where you've pressed the ability button which starts the throwing animation, but it's cancelled by the roll command. I've been killed many times by not throwing a grenade. PC version
  • chuntery wrote: »
    C'mon guys...seriously. Ewok mode is still there ! … nobody plays this. I have tried unsuccessfully for months and not one game available. Yet Extraction is lumped with Strike … just played 4 games of Strike waiting to get to Extraction … no go.

I and a lot of others did play Ewok Hunt and loved it but it is in desperate need of more creatures like wampas for example to have hunt you.

Extraction needs Sullust Sorosuub Pipeline and Sullust Sorosuub Refinery to rejuvinate it in a bad way.
    “There is always hope.”
  • Christo_04002283
    111 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    F8RGE wrote: »
    4g12j3z92kpu.png

INCOMING TRANSMISSION!
    Coming this month are two brand new ways to play, Co-Op and Instant Action. A brand new planet, Felucia and the Clone Commando also joins the conflict as a new reinforcement. It all arrives on September 25, let’s take a look.

3hickhpk6nf7.gif
    EXPANDING AI
    With the release of Capital Supremacy earlier this year we brought with it our brand new AI system. If you’ve played Capital Supremacy then you will have noticed these AI running around, on your side and as opponents.

With this new AI system we’ve always had one eye on the future and how they could be further integrated into various areas of Star Wars Battlefront II. The inclusion of our two new ways to play, Co-Op and Instant Action has given us a perfect opportunity to not only bring the new AI system to additional experiences but to develop them further.

One of the big changes is that for the first time in Star Wars Battlefront II the AI will take control of heroes. Whereas previously you would only come up against a regular AI Trooper you will now find yourself going toe to toe with the likes of General Grievous, Yoda, Maul and Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Expanding the characters AI can play as also includes reinforcements, meaning you’ll also find yourself up against the likes of BX Commando Droids and ARC Troopers.

It’s been these advances to our AI system that has been pivotal in allowing us to bring these new experiences to life, but a challenge we’ve met head on.

We’re incredibly excited to be bringing this new content to the game and we can’t wait to see how our PvE community interacts with both new game experiences.

pnv2hsg1mheh.gif
    CO-OP
    Squad up with 3 friends, or friends you haven’t met yet for a large scale PvE adventure against a team of AI controlled opponents.

Participate in massive battles across all of the Clone Wars planets that feature in Star Wars Battlefront II, including the upcoming Felucia.

Each planet has its own experience and this will see either the Separatist or Republic attacking.
    • Kamino: Separatist Attack
    • Geonosis: Republic Attack
    • Naboo: Separatist Attack
    • Kashyyyk: Separatist Attack
    • Felucia: Republic Attack

In Co-op, all Troopers, Reinforcements, Vehicles, Heroes and Villains will be available to play. Much like game modes such as Galactic Assault or Capital Supremacy you’ll gain Battle Points as you progress which will allow you to choose the character you play as.

This means that while you will be in a squad made up of 3 other human players, you will also be joined by a number of AI who will also be in on your team.

Your opponents will be made up entirely of AI, and you can expect the same mixture between regular Troopers, Reinforcements and Heroes. As we move into October we’ll be expanding Co-Op to allow you to place as the defending forces, more on that next month.

dsgk35jk3sx9.gif
    INSTANT ACTION
    We’re happy to announce that Instant Action is making its return to the Battlefront franchise, and we think it’s something that a number of you are really going to like. Solo players do matter and we’re incredibly excited for its imminent arrival.

In this mode, both teams are fighting over 5 Command Posts (similar to Capital Supremacy). Hold a majority of them until your team score reaches 100% to win the game. At release, you will have access to all the maps that are currently available within Capital Supremacy; Naboo, Kamino, Kashyyyk, Geonosis and Felucia.

Key info
    • Single player large scale combat experience
    • Fight to control Command Posts
    • You fight alongside AI
    • You fight against a team of AI
    • The enemy team will be made up of regular Troopers, Reinforcements, and Heroes.
    • You can spawn on Command Posts using the Contextual Spawn system
    • Control a majority of the Command Posts until your team score reaches 100%
    • Able to choose to play as either light side or dark side
    • Can be played offline, without the need for an internet connection

Within Instant Action there will also be a selection of in-game options which will allow you to customise your experience. As we move forward we’ll be looking to further expand this list, so be sure to let us know what you’d like to see.
    • Location – Select the planet you wish to play on
    • AI Difficulty – Change the difficulty setting, selecting from rookie, normal and expert
    • Round Length – Select between a short, medium or long round
    • Battle Points – Choose to have a slow Battle Point gain, default or fast
    • Enemy Heroes – Enable enemy AI for your opponents

jadawp934zzm.gif
    FELUCIA
    As beautiful as Felucia is, the environment can also be hostile to those that traverse its lush and vibrant landscape. Mushrooms can explode and certain plants can leave behind a hazardous spores that will harm anyone that gets caught within it.

While the planet surface is more than enough to keep your attention, you may want to glance upwards on occasion as you’ll sometimes see both the Felucian Ripper and Birds flying through the skies.

You can read more on Felucia in this Community Transmission.

lvramjfbwm75.gif
    CLONE COMMANDO
    The Clone Commando is a resilient fighter who is built for survivability, even against the toughest foes. With the ability to reconfigure his blaster into a grenade launcher he comes well equipped to handle any situation that he’s dealt with.
    Should he find himself cornered or in need of making some space he can use his Repulsor Blast to knock enemies away. As a leader on the battlefront he can strengthen himself and his allies by granting a damage protection buff, using Battle Focus.

You can read more about the Clone Commando in this Community Transmission.

nq92gp2ylayh.png
    LUKE SKYWALKER
    As far as characters go, there are few that are as iconic as Luke Skywalker. Throughout the Star Wars saga he’s had many looks, and we felt it was time to bring one of these iconic appearances into Star Wars Battlefront II.

We head back to Star Wars: A New Hope, to where it all began for the young farmhand on Tatooine.

As part of a special community quest, coming in October you’ll be able to earn the Luke Skywalker “Farmboy” appearance.

kqp162a0ddww.png
    KENOBI!
    As far as community requests go we feel that we have our finger on the pulse with what it is you want. However, we might have underestimated your burning desire to scream KENOBI at the top of Dathomirian lungs.

We’re pleased to confirm that coming in October will be a community quest which will enable you to unlock the Darth Maul “Kenobi” emote.

9w9mqp8wbtam.png
    DAMAGE REDUCTION MESSAGING
    We have added new UI and audio elements to let you know when you are dealing damage to an enemy that has a damage reduction applied. This is done because we want to help all players understand the game and its abilities better.

Damage reduction can come from a number of different sources, most notably the Clone Commando´s Battle Focus ability, and Hero effects like Grievous´ Star Card Flesh is Weak or Anakin´s Retribution ability.

Here is a summary of the new elements added:
    • Attacker: You will hear a new audio effect to denote that you are dealing less than normal damage
    • Attacker: You will see a new icon appear on the enemy in question with each hit that you do
    • Attacker: The enemy in question will display a miniature version of that icon to the left of their name for as long as they have damage reduction
    • Defender: You will see the same icon as above beneath your health number for as long as you have damage reduction
    • Defender: Each time that you take damage, your damage reduction icon will animate to bring attention to the fact that it has taken effect

s2czdqw52tp3.png
    RELEASE NOTES

NEW CONTENT
    FEATURES
    • Felucia has been added as a playable map on Capital Supremacy.
    • CO-OP, a 4-player online experience against an enemy team of AI opponents is now available. CO-OP is playable on Geonosis, Kashyyyk, Kamino, Naboo and Felucia.
    • Instant Action, a single-player experience with epic battles against AI opponents offline is now available. Instant Action is playable on Geonosis, Kashyyyk, Kamino, Naboo and Felucia.
    • The Clone Commando has been added as a new Reinforcement for the Galactic Republic.
    • A new emote for Darth Maul has been added and will become available to unlock through a special challenge.
    • A new appearance for Luke Skywalker, Farmboy, has been added and will become available to unlock through a special challenge.

QUALITY OF LIFE
    Added Damage Reduction messaging. New UI and audio elements have been added to let the player know when damage is dealt to an enemy that has a damage reduction effect applied.

• Attacker: You will hear a new audio effect to denote that you are dealing less than normal damage
    • Attacker: You will see a new icon appear on the enemy in question with each hit that you do
    • Attacker: The enemy in question will display a miniature version of that icon to the left of their name for as long as they have damage reduction
    • Defender: You will see the same icon as above beneath your health number for as long as you have damage reduction
    • Defender: Each time that you take damage, your damage reduction icon will animate to bring attention to the fact that it has taken effect
    • Daily Crates have been removed. In order to offer the same Credit payout on a daily basis, we will be expanding Daily Quests from 3 to 4 in a future update.

HERO CHANGES
    • Hero abilities will have no cooldown and will be instantly refunded, when they are interrupted. For example if Luke Skywalker tries to use his Repulse ability but is pulled by Kylo Ren before the Repulse effect happens, Luke will be pushed but his Repulse ability will instantly be available again. If Luke managed to activate the Repulse effect, the ability will enter cooldown as usual. We have been working on diminishing the frustration of abilities getting interrupted. This is still an ongoing task we will try to improve further in future patches.
    • Fixed an issue that would cause the area of effect of an ability to show before the effect actually takes place. This change should provide more clarity on whether an ability has actually hit an enemy or not.
    • A "RESISTANT" tag will now show over the head of Heroes who cannot be affected by pushing or pulling abilities, for example Darth Vader during his Force Choke ability.

The health bonus from the Officer's Battle command, Yoda's Presence and Finn's Big Deal should not stack anymore.
    • If the player has health bonus active from the Officer and Finn or Yoda's is applied, the Officer's health bonus will be removed.
    • If the player has Finn or Yoda's health bonus active and the Officer's health bonus is applied, the Officer's health bonus will be ignored.
    • If the player has Finn or Yoda's health bonus active and Finn or Yoda's health bonus is applied, the new health bonus will be applied and the old one removed.
    • If Yoda has his Presence health bonus active and Finn applies his Big Deal health bonus to Yoda, Finn's health bonus will be ignored.
    • If Finn has his Big Deal health bonus active and Yoda applies his Presence health bonus to Finn, Yoda's health bonus will be ignored.
    • If Finn has Yoda's Presence health bonus active and activates Big Deal, Yoda's Presence health bonus will be removed and Big Deal will be applied.
    • If Yoda has Finn's Big Deal health bonus active and activates Presence, Finn's Big Deal health bonus will be removed and Presence will be applied. This was a huge balance feedback and frustration especially in big game modes. it should lower the impact of bonus health when both heroes are present.
    • Intro VO lines for Heroes are now triggering in Multiplayer as well (used to be only in Arcade).

LIGHTSABER HEROES
    • Fixed an issue that could cause the deflect animation to not show locally, even though the player is deflecting.
    • Made changes to reduce the risk of rubberbanding when deflecting a lightsaber attack.
    • Adjusted all Lightsaber Heroes' dodge timings in order to let them move after the dodge animation earlier.
    • Fixed an issue where Lightsaber Heroes would deflect the wrong Blaster bolt color.

BOBA FETT
    • Boba Fett's jetpack fuel now displays the amount of fuel constantly when dodging or replenishing. Previously this was updating only every second and leading to misunderstanding about the amount consumed.
    • Fixed an issue where the Death from above star card effect would happen without having to activate the Rocket Barrage ability.

DARTH VADER
    • Fixed an issue that would block players from dodging out of Darth Vader's Force Choke area of impact.
    • Fixed a text issue with Darth Vader's Punishing Grip Star Card. The effect description "TIGHTER GRIP" is now replaced by "INCREASED ACTIVE TIME".

EMPEROR PALPATINE
    • Reduced the camera shake caused by Emperor Palpatine's lighting attacks on his target.

KYLO REN
    • Fixed an issue where Lightsaber deflect VFX would not always appear when using Frenzy on a Lightsaber-carrying Hero who is deflecting.

DARTH MAUL
    • Fixed an issue that would cause the Spin Attack ability animation to break when using the ability form a higher ground.

GENERAL GRIEVOUS
    • Fixed an issue where Lightsaber deflect VFX would not always appear when using Unrelenting Advance on a Lightsaber-carrying Hero who is deflecting.

CAPTAIN PHASMA
    • Captain Phasma can now pick up the Sentry Droid. This should help Phasma relocate as it was currently very frustrating to be locked in place or have to lose your turret for the duration of the cooldown.

CHEWBACCA
    • Fixed an issue with Chewbacca's Impervious Star Card not stating that the ability resets after the Hero is defeated in a game.

REY
    • Fixed an issue that would cause Rey's Dash Strike to completely deplete the stamina bar of a Lightsaber Hero when blocking.

YODA
    • Reduced the delay until health starts depleting from 10 to 8 seconds. Yoda's Presence was the strongest bonus health in the game by far. We're trying to reduce its impact on big game modes.
    • Yoda's Dash Attack damage has been reduced from 130 to 85 points. The dash attack while breaking block also dealt a lot of damage. We're adjusting it to have a damage level that takes the block breaking into account.
    • Fixed a visual issue where Yoda blocking incoming blaster fire would inaccurately produce deflect sparks visible for the other player.
    • Fixed an issue where Yoda's camera would be lowered when pressing the crouch button.

OBI-WAN KENOBI
    • The animation of Obi-Wan's Defensive Rush ability has been improved for speed and accuracy.
    • Fix Obi-Wan's Defensive Rush end attack causing all enemy stamina to drain.

ANAKIN SKYWALKER
    • Fixed an issue that would cause Anakin's Passionate Strike to keep doing damage, even when Anakin is defeated.
    • Fixed an issue with Anakin's Steamroll Star Card not stating that the ability resets after the Hero is defeated in a game.

IDEN
    • Increased Iden's Alt fire recharge time from 2 to 2.3 seconds.

GAME MODE AND MAP CHANGES
    • The Extraction map rotation is now combined with the Strike rotation.

CAPITAL SUPREMACY
    • Fixed an issue where players would occasionally spawn in Out-Of-Bounds areas when going to Phase 4 of the Republic Attack Cruiser for a second time.
    • Fixed an issue with the in-game UI widgets occasionally not showing for players joining an ongoing match in Capital Supremacy.
    • Fixed an issue that would cause the Overtime UI bar to not get depleted when the Capture Points on Capital Ships would stop being contested.
    • Added additional VO lines for Capital Supremacy.

HEROES VS. VILLAINS
    • Fixed an issue where the wrong timer would show up in the Star Card selection screen, if the player selected a Hero and entered the Star Card selection screen before the next spawn timer had ended.
    • Fixed an issue that would occasionally allow Heroes of opposing teams to spawn next to each other on Republic Attack Cruiser - Heroes Vs. Villains.

ARCADE
    • Increased the Credits payout between 200 and 250 Credits per round. The maximum payout per day has been increased from 1500 to 3000 Credits.
    • Removed the Intensity option for Custom Arcade's Starfighter Onslaught mode, due to issues with its functionality.

MAP CHANGES
    • Added back previously removed atmospheric battle elements on Kashyyyk - Capital Supremacy.
    • Fixed an issue that would allow players to kill AI opponents from their spawn location on Kamino - Capital Supremacy.
    • Fixed an issue where shooting at the red droid in the platforms on Kessel would cause performance drops.
    • Fixed an issue that could cause the TX-130 to spawn under the AT-TE spawn location on Geonosis - Galactic Assault.
    • Fixed a visual issue with the shadow of the HMP Gunship Droid during the Boarding cinematics on Geonosis - Capital Supremacy, when the PC Graphic settings were set to Medium or Low.
    • Fixed an issue that would cause the player to fall under the map in case a destroyed Hardcell Transport objective falls on them, during Geonosis - Galactic Assault.
    • Fixed an issue where the camera would have no collision with the roof in the barracks room on Kamino.
    • Various visual and collision improvements on Naboo - Capital Supremacy, Geonosis - Capital Supremacy, Republic Attack Cruiser and Separatist Dreadnought.
    • Fixed an issue where environmental fire on Naboo - Capital Supremacy would not cause damage to the player.
    • Fixed a visual issue with the color of the B1 Droids remains across maps.
    • Fixed an issue where the Gonk droid on the Republic Attack Cruiser would occasionally stop moving when hit by explosions.

CHANGES TO CLASSES AND SPECIAL UNITS
    • Fixed an issue that would cause the Resourceful Star Card to not grant the proper recharge speed on any rarity above Common.
    • Fixed an issue where using a locked weapon in Arcade would cause an unavailable weapon to be selected during the Weapon equip menu in the Spawn screen.

DROIDEKA
    • Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause the Droideka to shake uncontrollably when affected by Anakin's Retribution ability.
    • Fixed an issue where Droideka would occasionally get stuck in Overheated animation when using the Overload ability.

ASSAULT
    • Fixed an issue where respawning or dying would incorrectly count as a kill for the purposes of the "Assault Vanguard" Milestone.

SPECIALIST
    • Removed game hint that would state that the Specialist has less health than other Trooper classes.
    • Fixed issue where the Resistance Specialist Mirialan had the incorrect face rig.

INFILTRATOR
    • Fixed an issue where the scaling for the Stalker Star Card incorrectly mentioned Stamina instead of Health.

B2-RP
    • Fixed an issue that would cause the camera to not correctly show the opponent, when a player is killed by the B2-RP's Wrist Rocket ability.

TX-130
    • Made a new crosshair for the TX-130's Charge Mode to more accurately display the charging level when using the ability.
    • Fixed an issue where the Milestones related to the TX-130 would not count towards the completion of the "A Tremendous Service" Multiplayer Milestone.

VEHICLE CHANGES
    • Tweaked the damage values for Speeders, so that they are prevented from potentially killing Heroes in one shot. Speeders affected are: BARC, STAP, LIUV (Starkiller Base), X-34 Landspeeder (Tatooine), 74-Z Speeder Bike (Laser Barrage only)
    • Fixed a visual issue where the destroyed versions of the AAT and STAP vehicles with the blue livery, would be replaced with their default livery.
    • Fixed an issue where you would still occupy a vehicle slot after leaving the TX-130, AAT, STAP, or BARC in some instances.
    • Fixed an issue where you would incorrectly level up as a Trooper, instead of Armor, when playing as the AAT with the blue livery.

GENERAL CHANGES/MISC
    • Fixed a text issue with the description of the 501st Legion appearances bundle.
    • Fixed an issue with the description of the "These are your First Steps" Milestone, to more accurately describe the Heroes needed to be defeated to progress on the Milestone.

KNOWN ISSUES
    • Visual issue with the default appearance of AI Clone Troopers on CO-OP and Instant Action being Phase 1 by default.

Well thanks dice now the speeders are trash now. The damage is bad, it feels clunky as always, and it's hard to aim with these things. Thanks for ruining the vehicle that is mean't to destroy infantry.

Edited to spoiler tag CT due to large quote ~Rtas
  • Caggiamichele59
    288 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    4g12j3z92kpu.png

INCOMING TRANSMISSION!
    Coming this month are two brand new ways to play, Co-Op and Instant Action. A brand new planet, Felucia and the Clone Commando also joins the conflict as a new reinforcement. It all arrives on September 25, let’s take a look.

3hickhpk6nf7.gif
    EXPANDING AI
    With the release of Capital Supremacy earlier this year we brought with it our brand new AI system. If you’ve played Capital Supremacy then you will have noticed these AI running around, on your side and as opponents.

With this new AI system we’ve always had one eye on the future and how they could be further integrated into various areas of Star Wars Battlefront II. The inclusion of our two new ways to play, Co-Op and Instant Action has given us a perfect opportunity to not only bring the new AI system to additional experiences but to develop them further.

One of the big changes is that for the first time in Star Wars Battlefront II the AI will take control of heroes. Whereas previously you would only come up against a regular AI Trooper you will now find yourself going toe to toe with the likes of General Grievous, Yoda, Maul and Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Expanding the characters AI can play as also includes reinforcements, meaning you’ll also find yourself up against the likes of BX Commando Droids and ARC Troopers.

It’s been these advances to our AI system that has been pivotal in allowing us to bring these new experiences to life, but a challenge we’ve met head on.

We’re incredibly excited to be bringing this new content to the game and we can’t wait to see how our PvE community interacts with both new game experiences.

pnv2hsg1mheh.gif
    CO-OP
    Squad up with 3 friends, or friends you haven’t met yet for a large scale PvE adventure against a team of AI controlled opponents.

Participate in massive battles across all of the Clone Wars planets that feature in Star Wars Battlefront II, including the upcoming Felucia.

Each planet has its own experience and this will see either the Separatist or Republic attacking.
    • Kamino: Separatist Attack
    • Geonosis: Republic Attack
    • Naboo: Separatist Attack
    • Kashyyyk: Separatist Attack
    • Felucia: Republic Attack

In Co-op, all Troopers, Reinforcements, Vehicles, Heroes and Villains will be available to play. Much like game modes such as Galactic Assault or Capital Supremacy you’ll gain Battle Points as you progress which will allow you to choose the character you play as.

This means that while you will be in a squad made up of 3 other human players, you will also be joined by a number of AI who will also be in on your team.

Your opponents will be made up entirely of AI, and you can expect the same mixture between regular Troopers, Reinforcements and Heroes. As we move into October we’ll be expanding Co-Op to allow you to place as the defending forces, more on that next month.

dsgk35jk3sx9.gif
    INSTANT ACTION
    We’re happy to announce that Instant Action is making its return to the Battlefront franchise, and we think it’s something that a number of you are really going to like. Solo players do matter and we’re incredibly excited for its imminent arrival.

In this mode, both teams are fighting over 5 Command Posts (similar to Capital Supremacy). Hold a majority of them until your team score reaches 100% to win the game. At release, you will have access to all the maps that are currently available within Capital Supremacy; Naboo, Kamino, Kashyyyk, Geonosis and Felucia.

Key info
    • Single player large scale combat experience
    • Fight to control Command Posts
    • You fight alongside AI
    • You fight against a team of AI
    • The enemy team will be made up of regular Troopers, Reinforcements, and Heroes.
    • You can spawn on Command Posts using the Contextual Spawn system
    • Control a majority of the Command Posts until your team score reaches 100%
    • Able to choose to play as either light side or dark side
    • Can be played offline, without the need for an internet connection

Within Instant Action there will also be a selection of in-game options which will allow you to customise your experience. As we move forward we’ll be looking to further expand this list, so be sure to let us know what you’d like to see.
    • Location – Select the planet you wish to play on
    • AI Difficulty – Change the difficulty setting, selecting from rookie, normal and expert
    • Round Length – Select between a short, medium or long round
    • Battle Points – Choose to have a slow Battle Point gain, default or fast
    • Enemy Heroes – Enable enemy AI for your opponents

jadawp934zzm.gif
    FELUCIA
    As beautiful as Felucia is, the environment can also be hostile to those that traverse its lush and vibrant landscape. Mushrooms can explode and certain plants can leave behind a hazardous spores that will harm anyone that gets caught within it.

While the planet surface is more than enough to keep your attention, you may want to glance upwards on occasion as you’ll sometimes see both the Felucian Ripper and Birds flying through the skies.

You can read more on Felucia in this Community Transmission.

lvramjfbwm75.gif
    CLONE COMMANDO
    The Clone Commando is a resilient fighter who is built for survivability, even against the toughest foes. With the ability to reconfigure his blaster into a grenade launcher he comes well equipped to handle any situation that he’s dealt with.
    Should he find himself cornered or in need of making some space he can use his Repulsor Blast to knock enemies away. As a leader on the battlefront he can strengthen himself and his allies by granting a damage protection buff, using Battle Focus.

You can read more about the Clone Commando in this Community Transmission.

nq92gp2ylayh.png
    LUKE SKYWALKER
    As far as characters go, there are few that are as iconic as Luke Skywalker. Throughout the Star Wars saga he’s had many looks, and we felt it was time to bring one of these iconic appearances into Star Wars Battlefront II.

We head back to Star Wars: A New Hope, to where it all began for the young farmhand on Tatooine.

As part of a special community quest, coming in October you’ll be able to earn the Luke Skywalker “Farmboy” appearance.

kqp162a0ddww.png
    KENOBI!
    As far as community requests go we feel that we have our finger on the pulse with what it is you want. However, we might have underestimated your burning desire to scream KENOBI at the top of Dathomirian lungs.

We’re pleased to confirm that coming in October will be a community quest which will enable you to unlock the Darth Maul “Kenobi” emote.

9w9mqp8wbtam.png
    DAMAGE REDUCTION MESSAGING
    We have added new UI and audio elements to let you know when you are dealing damage to an enemy that has a damage reduction applied. This is done because we want to help all players understand the game and its abilities better.

Damage reduction can come from a number of different sources, most notably the Clone Commando´s Battle Focus ability, and Hero effects like Grievous´ Star Card Flesh is Weak or Anakin´s Retribution ability.

s2czdqw52tp3.png
    RELEASE NOTES

NEW CONTENT
    FEATURES
    • Felucia has been added as a playable map on Capital Supremacy.
    • CO-OP, a 4-player online experience against an enemy team of AI opponents is now available. CO-OP is playable on Geonosis, Kashyyyk, Kamino, Naboo and Felucia.
    • Instant Action, a single-player experience with epic battles against AI opponents offline is now available. Instant Action is playable on Geonosis, Kashyyyk, Kamino, Naboo and Felucia.
    • The Clone Commando has been added as a new Reinforcement for the Galactic Republic.
    • A new emote for Darth Maul has been added and will become available to unlock through a special challenge.
    • A new appearance for Luke Skywalker, Farmboy, has been added and will become available to unlock through a special challenge.

QUALITY OF LIFE
    Added Damage Reduction messaging. New UI and audio elements have been added to let the player know when damage is dealt to an enemy that has a damage reduction effect applied.

• Daily Crates have been removed. In order to offer the same Credit payout on a daily basis, we will be expanding Daily Quests from 3 to 4 in a future update.

HERO CHANGES
    • Hero abilities will have no cooldown and will be instantly refunded, when they are interrupted. For example if Luke Skywalker tries to use his Repulse ability but is pulled by Kylo Ren before the Repulse effect happens, Luke will be pushed but his Repulse ability will instantly be available again. If Luke managed to activate the Repulse effect, the ability will enter cooldown as usual. We have been working on diminishing the frustration of abilities getting interrupted. This is still an ongoing task we will try to improve further in future patches.
    • Fixed an issue that would cause the area of effect of an ability to show before the effect actually takes place. This change should provide more clarity on whether an ability has actually hit an enemy or not.
    • A "RESISTANT" tag will now show over the head of Heroes who cannot be affected by pushing or pulling abilities, for example Darth Vader during his Force Choke ability.

• If the player has health bonus active from the Officer and Finn or Yoda's is applied, the Officer's health bonus will be removed.
    • If the player has Finn or Yoda's health bonus active and the Officer's health bonus is applied, the Officer's health bonus will be ignored.
    • If the player has Finn or Yoda's health bonus active and Finn or Yoda's health bonus is applied, the new health bonus will be applied and the old one removed.
    • If Yoda has his Presence health bonus active and Finn applies his Big Deal health bonus to Yoda, Finn's health bonus will be ignored.
    • If Finn has his Big Deal health bonus active and Yoda applies his Presence health bonus to Finn, Yoda's health bonus will be ignored.
    • If Finn has Yoda's Presence health bonus active and activates Big Deal, Yoda's Presence health bonus will be removed and Big Deal will be applied.
    • If Yoda has Finn's Big Deal health bonus active and activates Presence, Finn's Big Deal health bonus will be removed and Presence will be applied. This was a huge balance feedback and frustration especially in big game modes. it should lower the impact of bonus health when both heroes are present.
    • Intro VO lines for Heroes are now triggering in Multiplayer as well (used to be only in Arcade).

LIGHTSABER HEROES

BOBA FETT

DARTH VADER
    • Fixed an issue that would block players from dodging out of Darth Vader's Force Choke area of impact.
    • Fixed a text issue with Darth Vader's Punishing Grip Star Card. The effect description "TIGHTER GRIP" is now replaced by "INCREASED ACTIVE TIME".

EMPEROR PALPATINE
    • Reduced the camera shake caused by Emperor Palpatine's lighting attacks on his target.

KYLO REN
    • Fixed an issue where Lightsaber deflect VFX would not always appear when using Frenzy on a Lightsaber-carrying Hero who is deflecting.

DARTH MAUL
    • Fixed an issue that would cause the Spin Attack ability animation to break when using the ability form a higher ground.

GENERAL GRIEVOUS
    • Fixed an issue where Lightsaber deflect VFX would not always appear when using Unrelenting Advance on a Lightsaber-carrying Hero who is deflecting.

CAPTAIN PHASMA

CHEWBACCA
    • Fixed an issue with Chewbacca's Impervious Star Card not stating that the ability resets after the Hero is defeated in a game.

REY

YODA
    • Fixed a visual issue where Yoda blocking incoming blaster fire would inaccurately produce deflect sparks visible for the other player.
    • Fixed an issue where Yoda's camera would be lowered when pressing the crouch button.

OBI-WAN KENOBI
    • The animation of Obi-Wan's Defensive Rush ability has been improved for speed and accuracy.
    • Fix Obi-Wan's Defensive Rush end attack causing all enemy stamina to drain.

ANAKIN SKYWALKER
    • Fixed an issue that would cause Anakin's Passionate Strike to keep doing damage, even when Anakin is defeated.
    • Fixed an issue with Anakin's Steamroll Star Card not stating that the ability resets after the Hero is defeated in a game.

IDEN
    • Increased Iden's Alt fire recharge time from 2 to 2.3 seconds.

GAME MODE AND MAP CHANGES
    • The Extraction map rotation is now combined with the Strike rotation.

CAPITAL SUPREMACY
    • Fixed an issue where players would occasionally spawn in Out-Of-Bounds areas when going to Phase 4 of the Republic Attack Cruiser for a second time.
    • Fixed an issue with the in-game UI widgets occasionally not showing for players joining an ongoing match in Capital Supremacy.
    • Fixed an issue that would cause the Overtime UI bar to not get depleted when the Capture Points on Capital Ships would stop being contested.
    • Added additional VO lines for Capital Supremacy.

HEROES VS. VILLAINS
    • Fixed an issue where the wrong timer would show up in the Star Card selection screen, if the player selected a Hero and entered the Star Card selection screen before the next spawn timer had ended.
    • Fixed an issue that would occasionally allow Heroes of opposing teams to spawn next to each other on Republic Attack Cruiser - Heroes Vs. Villains.

ARCADE
    • Increased the Credits payout between 200 and 250 Credits per round. The maximum payout per day has been increased from 1500 to 3000 Credits.
    • Removed the Intensity option for Custom Arcade's Starfighter Onslaught mode, due to issues with its functionality.

MAP CHANGES
    • Added back previously removed atmospheric battle elements on Kashyyyk - Capital Supremacy.
    • Fixed an issue that would allow players to kill AI opponents from their spawn location on Kamino - Capital Supremacy.
    • Fixed an issue where shooting at the red droid in the platforms on Kessel would cause performance drops.
    • Fixed an issue that could cause the TX-130 to spawn under the AT-TE spawn location on Geonosis - Galactic Assault.
    • Fixed a visual issue with the shadow of the HMP Gunship Droid during the Boarding cinematics on Geonosis - Capital Supremacy, when the PC Graphic settings were set to Medium or Low.
    • Fixed an issue that would cause the player to fall under the map in case a destroyed Hardcell Transport objective falls on them, during Geonosis - Galactic Assault.
    • Fixed an issue where the camera would have no collision with the roof in the barracks room on Kamino.
    • Various visual and collision improvements on Naboo - Capital Supremacy, Geonosis - Capital Supremacy, Republic Attack Cruiser and Separatist Dreadnought.
    • Fixed an issue where environmental fire on Naboo - Capital Supremacy would not cause damage to the player.
    • Fixed a visual issue with the color of the B1 Droids remains across maps.
    • Fixed an issue where the Gonk droid on the Republic Attack Cruiser would occasionally stop moving when hit by explosions.

CHANGES TO CLASSES AND SPECIAL UNITS
    • Fixed an issue that would cause the Resourceful Star Card to not grant the proper recharge speed on any rarity above Common.
    • Fixed an issue where using a locked weapon in Arcade would cause an unavailable weapon to be selected during the Weapon equip menu in the Spawn screen.

DROIDEKA
    • Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause the Droideka to shake uncontrollably when affected by Anakin's Retribution ability.
    • Fixed an issue where Droideka would occasionally get stuck in Overheated animation when using the Overload ability.

ASSAULT
    • Fixed an issue where respawning or dying would incorrectly count as a kill for the purposes of the "Assault Vanguard" Milestone.

SPECIALIST
    • Removed game hint that would state that the Specialist has less health than other Trooper classes.
    • Fixed issue where the Resistance Specialist Mirialan had the incorrect face rig.

INFILTRATOR
    • Fixed an issue where the scaling for the Stalker Star Card incorrectly mentioned Stamina instead of Health.

B2-RP
    • Fixed an issue that would cause the camera to not correctly show the opponent, when a player is killed by the B2-RP's Wrist Rocket ability.

TX-130
    • Made a new crosshair for the TX-130's Charge Mode to more accurately display the charging level when using the ability.
    • Fixed an issue where the Milestones related to the TX-130 would not count towards the completion of the "A Tremendous Service" Multiplayer Milestone.

VEHICLE CHANGES
    • Tweaked the damage values for Speeders, so that they are prevented from potentially killing Heroes in one shot. Speeders affected are: BARC, STAP, LIUV (Starkiller Base), X-34 Landspeeder (Tatooine), 74-Z Speeder Bike (Laser Barrage only)
    • Fixed a visual issue where the destroyed versions of the AAT and STAP vehicles with the blue livery, would be replaced with their default livery.
    • Fixed an issue where you would still occupy a vehicle slot after leaving the TX-130, AAT, STAP, or BARC in some instances.
    • Fixed an issue where you would incorrectly level up as a Trooper, instead of Armor, when playing as the AAT with the blue livery.

GENERAL CHANGES/MISC
    • Fixed a text issue with the description of the 501st Legion appearances bundle.
    • Fixed an issue with the description of the "These are your First Steps" Milestone, to more accurately describe the Heroes needed to be defeated to progress on the Milestone.

KNOWN ISSUES
    • Visual issue with the default appearance of AI Clone Troopers on CO-OP and Instant Action being Phase 1 by default.

Leia Challenge 2???

Placed quote into spoiler tags for easier browsing. ~Rtas
  • Thunderflare99
    527 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Despite my apathy regarding many changes to the game I vehemently disagree with, & not playing the game for months, Felucia is a superbly rendered map that met or exceeded expectations. Nicely done.
  • Thanks for all the work ! I definitely love it and want some more !

Please consider making Instant Action playable online for coop or vs "private" matches.

May The Force Be With You, Always !
  • And where are Leia’s buffs? She is the worst hero by far.
  • PLEASE, Just add the possibility to play INSTANT ACTION with friends in a coop way. Also: a score table for instant action or at least a way to know how many AI players are there on each team. Finally: make the option "LONG" in instant action truly last a long time.
  • Instant action sucks, there's only 12 AI per team and no AI vehicles during the match!
    Video games, music and movies for life!
  • Another update and still no fix to the ongoing bugs in Arcade. It's almost laughable at this point.

1. Anythime you play Arcade Team Battle and select 2 vs 2 or 4 vs 4 the friendly A.I. will only spawn and respawn as Assault Class Troopers. This bug has been in the game since launch! To think that after almost two years you still can't play the game it was meant to be is ridiculous.

2. The Repulsor Cannon for the Specialist in Arcade rarely works. This became a problem back in spring and still has not been addressed, but EA/Dice will fix a Hero's eye color!

3. In Arcade Team Battle the friendly A.I. are now respawning out of bounds. It has made this map completely unplayable.

Is it too much to ask that you actually fix the bugs that are ruining gameplay? I bought this game thinking it would work. It's been almost two years and I have never been able to enjoy the game!

These bugs need to be addressed ASAP. There is no way anyone is going to buy another Star Wars EA/Dice title with these issues still going on. How can we be confident that he next game won't be full of bugs at launch and through the entire process?
  • As a player who plays almost exclusively extraction this update is totally disappointing.

If the developers and even scratched the surface of the now 42 page thread asking for more extraction maps (which to date I don't think has even merited a DICE response) they would see that players that actually play the blasted modeare not even remotely interested in this change. In fact I'm pretty sure the consensus of most extraction players would be the exact opposite.

I'm beyond irritated at this point.
  • if I miss the Luke Farmboy skin event, can I get it later or will I lose it forever like the skin (in a white dress) for Leia?
  • What a big update, congratulations !

Looking foward to Instant action (Hoping for a split screen option in the future).

Can the new damage sound be disabled in options, for those who would find it annoying?

Yes please, I love realism...the sound prompt can we have the option to shut it off in menus? Oh and the circle icon over their heads too, can we shut those off in menus please, thanks?They take away from the epic cinematic real world look you created. Thanks devs. 🙂👍🏼

The (sort of) rants:
    (1.)
    Raices wrote: »
    awakespace wrote: »
    HERO CHANGES
    • Hero abilities will have no cooldown and will be instantly refunded, when they are interrupted. For example if Luke

Nice

Good
    LIGHTSABER HEROES
    Hopefully good?
    BOBA FETT

Good
    CAPTAIN PHASMA

Finally that annoying sentry will go away!
    REY

I was kind of getting used to this as a decent gameplay mechanic, since I think her dash should break block, but it's fine either way
    YODA

Not too sure about this... but okay

Very much disagree with this, I do! 85 is junk damage. Perhaps if it was 130 if not blocked and 85 if blocked that would be okay... But now Yoda has gone back to being overly low in his ability to deal damage with his slow swing speed and now super low dash damage. This is a classically overdone DICE nerf that will barely affect GA but make Yoda much weaker in HvV

Yup, Luke and Anakin were still better than Yoda in HvV (dealing dmg), nobody's picking him now, i guess people are OK with some characters being op while others remain trash tier. Yoda has 0 ofensive capabilities now

Yeah I was finally rockin' as Yoda and having fun playing him slashin' up the villains aaaaaaaand then they just nerfed him, RIP Yoda. Oh well.

(2.) DICE, "Within Instant Action there will also be a selection of in-game options which will allow you to customise your experience. As we move forward we’ll be looking to further expand this list, so be sure to let us know what you’d like to see."

The devs asking us what we want to see for menus in "Instant Action" is a real slap in the face. I mean it's not like we have been posting anything on the "Instant Action and PvE Thread" or anything 128 pages latter: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/comment/1501146#Comment_1501146
    We've posted tips for "Instant Action" and menus for the last month since gamescom and numerous other things about "Instant Action" for going on four years now. So I am not getting what question they have. We laid it all out for them.

But you know what...it's okay, I just played "Instant Action" on Felucia and I was absolutely annihilated.

(3.) Yet another nerf to Iden.
    Here sniper rifle is useless in HvsV. - nerfed in the past
    Here electrocute is ridiculously short. - nerfed in the past
    Here secondary now has longer wait time (only thing effective against heroes for her). - nerfed now

You've reduced her to a pile of goo.

(4.) Sarlaac dead on Felucia, it wont grab passers bye.

You know even if this is dead it still looks cool as heck. I love how you put the Command Post on the dock over it. Very cool.

(5.) Acklay? It is not roaming around the creek like in SWBF 2 (2005).

You know you could still put one near the bridge by the creek and have it attack anyone who gets to close to it's nest near the creek bridge. It could have eggs near there thus the eggs make it not stray more then say 15' from the creek bridge.

(6.) Where is the A.I. Destroyer Droids (Droideka)?
    I suppose they might be getting stuck on things or perhaps they threw the match out of balance to much in the C.I.S.'s favor. Well I'm sure you'll solve it. I have complete faith in you.

glv5hrntlyq1.png
    F8RGE commented on The Vehicle AI Not Being Present At Launch

"I've seen early versions of it working. We just ran out of time to get in for launch, as nice as it would have been.

AI isn't the easiest of things to work with but the team have done some absolute witchcraft already."

Don't know if he is also including Starfighters...

I'm bummed 😔 about "Instant Action" not having A.I. vehicles yet but I know that your working on it so it's all good. 🙂👍🏼

The huge Raves:
    (1.) The Commando
    (2.) "Instant Action" for totally Offline
    (3.) A.I. villains and heroes in "Instant Action"
    (4.) All the rest of the tweaks.
    (5.) All the bug fixes.
    (6.) Co-Op should be cool but I hope we eventually get split screen for "Instant Action".
    (7.) Felucia looks amazing.
    (8.) A.I. Commando Droid
    (9.) A.I. Commando
    (10.) A.I. Clone Jump Troopers
    (11.) A.I. C.I.S. Rocket Pack Super Battle Droid
    (12.) Enemy and friendly A.I. utilizing all their abilities
    (13.) Having a Command Post capture mode Offline period...
    (14.) The ability to drive the AT-TE Offline in "Instant Action"
    (15.) The ability to drive the BARK Offline in "Instant Action"
    (16.) The ability to drive the TX-130 Saber Tank Offline in "Instant Action"
    (17.) The ability to drive the AT-RT Offline in "Instant Action"
    (18.) The ability to drive the AAT Offline in "Instant Action"
    (19.) The ability to drive the STAP Offline in "Instant Action"

😎👍🏼🤗

IA would be awesome in split screen.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Not sure if anyone else is having the issue, but I've had significant frame rate drops since installing the Co-op update. Not just in game, but in the main menus as well. Can anyone help shed some light on this? I usually run the game 1080p Ultra settings @ 60 fps, not sure why that'd change all of a sudden. I'm not having issues with any other games.
  • Loving the update in general, getting better with each content drop. Clone Commandos!

Any chance we could also get yellow jacket Luke as a skin in the future? Was really hoping for that one. However, I do really like the farmboy skin, particularly how you appropriately deaged him
  • Now OP lightside heroes are boosted even more by Clone Commandos. A very very bad idea.

Anakin is even more annoying since the last update. You get pulled 1 kilometer/mile in distance and instakilled.

Please TAKE THIS HORRIBLE ability from Anakin and replace it by a push or whatever.

HALF my death (!!!!!9 are due to Anakin in some games and i am just tremendously annoyed but this unbalanced and unstructured character.

Also the Commando DROIDs weapon needs a buff even more.
  • Daserh_Revan_4
    1 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    KNOWN ISSUES

Why exactly is this a "Issue"? this is great, i hope you never fix this or at least that if you fix this you add a option so that we can choose which one we want.
  • Excellent update, just tried Instant Action and played couple of HvV matches and everything is working smoothly, I didn't encounter any problems in blocking and also Dooku played quite nicely. Instant Action is lot of fun, especially now when it is new, but I hope we get Galactic Conquest in some point, after awhile Instant Action could get a bit boring without any strategy behind it. Combination of space combat and ground conquest would be awesome, where you can conquer whole galaxy as Light side or Dark side in different eras too.
  • I don't like how DICE is patting themselves on the back so much about the AI development, like it's some huge accomplishment. We had effective NPCs using heros & vehicles in the Original Battlefront games. So I assume they are trying to pretend that never existed or something, since in the update summary they proclaim so vibrantly what a task it was to complete now. I'm sorry if they have trouble with developing certain game elements that were completely viable at a game's release back in 2002 & 2004, but it's no reason to give themselves glowing praise over.
  • Also I see they still didn't nerf the ARC Trooper's power blast.

I can still camp back on levels like Geonosis, racking up 70+ kills per game with the power blast with zero effort.
    Gotta love that infinite range homing ability that kills players in 2 shots, heros in 5, & aircraft in 2-3.
    Just remember to manually cooldown between each shot, so you can dish out a pb every 2 seconds. lol
  • Psy3d
    1093 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    The new map and co-op is nice but please remove misleading comments like you fixed Obi's and Rey OHK'ing stamina. Now blocking blaster fires can OHK your stamina as well and many other repeating bugs from the past. Saber combat is at its worst IMHO. But still update is an improvement over the abysmal RR update from last month.
  • Really enjoying instant action. Well done.
  • AW_Cramer wrote: »
    People have been asking for this for ages in one of the largest threads on this forum!!

43 pages, hmmmmmm?

43? 🤣😆😂🤣 We waaaaaaay out shined you on that one mate. The "Instant Action and PvE Thread" we're at 128 and climbing.

I've never seen this thread? Link?
  • ADD the AT-TE and the OG-9 homing Spider droid for ALL CS maps!...
  • Quick Question:

How is the 100% in points accumulated?

I just played, and I couldn't figure out how that was determined.
    Also, Round Length, what does that mean? If I have to maintain control of the majority of the posts, while getting to 100%, what does the round length selector do then?

Thanks!
  • I’m really disappointed about Extraction being mixed with Strike. It and Galactic Assault are about all I ever play. I’m assuming more Extraction maps are out of the question, but could we at least get it separated back out again?
  • Ok update i guess. You can go ahead and put in the original trilogy heroes/villains/maps into the coop mode. Just doing the prequel maps will get lame real fast.
  • Greeeeat, now with the low damage it will be a hassle for Yoda to kill even regular soldiers (expecially heavy) with his slow dashes. Not even talking about rocketeers or commando droids that will make Yoda look absolutely dumb by jumping around anyways, but if you succeed to hit, wow, little reward for that anymore.
    On the other hand, Yoda's halth regeneration is still bound to his left ability. Seems like I'll need to pass on Yoda in the future. It's time for the Skywalkers and General Kenobi again.
  • Pulsarsofhalo
    5 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Where's Leia's bufffffffffffff ?!?!?!?

Edited for all caps ~Rtas
  • This update was awesome! IA and coop allowed me to enjoy this game more than I ever had. I can't wait for more content toward these two modes!
  • Starmasui73146
    1798 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    This update was awesome! IA and coop allowed me to enjoy this game more than I ever had. I can't wait for more content toward these two modes!

This in a mega big way.

DICE said "Within Instant Action there will also be a selection of in-game options which will allow you to customise your experience. As we move forward we’ll be looking to further expand this list, so be sure to let us know what you’d like to see."

Very well...

"Instant Action" Offline Menus Options Screens Suggestions:

(1.) In Menus you have a "X" Change Faction button yet there is no way to know what Faction you picked, it doesn't say. Can we get it to tells us which one we choose? Thank you.🙂

(2.) Can we get a toggle that allows us to increase the percentage need to win?
    100%, 200%, 300%, 400% and 500% 😎👍🏼🤗

(3.) Can we get a toggle that increase the cool down speed of friendly hero abilities? 🙂

(4.) Can we get a toggle that increases the cool down speed of enemy villains abilities? 🙂

(5.) Can we get a selection screen were we can pick the order of all the maps we wish to play and then it plays in that order? 🥺

(6.) This one can be critical on a harder difficulty level.
    Can we get a toggle that can decrease the amount of points required to play as a hero or villain. So say if it required normally 3,500 points, you could set it at 2,500 points or even 1,500 points or 0 so you play as a hero or villain instantly. Thank you so much.
    🤗👍🏼

We would eventually like to get the option to play with a friend Offline on the same team in split screen or against each other in split screen as well as system link. Thank you you so very much, bless you one and all. 🥰 Group hugs for everyone.

We would eventually like A.I. Destroyer Droids (Droideka) if you can get the C.I.S. A.I. not to dominate the map as them. I imagine getting a proper balance must be hard. But I have faith in you. 😎🤗

We would eventually like A.I. Vehicles if you can get the A.I. not to dominate the map as them. I imagine getting a proper balance must be hard. But I have faith in you. 😎🤗

Can we get a final scores screen displaying which A.I. got what in kills (and have it hang around for like 30 seconds unless we press a button to advance to the next screen).

This is very important to a player it gives you a sense of achievement.

Can we get a screen that hands out rewards (and have it hang around for like 30 seconds unless we press a button to advance to the next screen) for:
    1.) Highest Points Earned
    2.) Most Kills
    3.) Most Objective Points Earned
    4.) MVP (Most Valuable Player) = A combination of Objective, Kills and Points.
    5.) Nemesis: Which A.I. killed you the most
    6.) Most Vehicles Destroyed by
    7.) Died the Most.
    8.) Lived the Longest
    9.) Traitor (if we get friendly fire as an option) - the one who shot the most of his team mates. This should only work for humans, A.I. should not have this problem. So add this one only if you give us Offline Split Screen against each other or on the same team. Thank you. 🤗

This is very important to a player it gives you a sense of self worth.

Anything beyond this is icing on the cake, 👍🏼 things like:

(1.) Prone Position (on or off) - It's Offline, let's have fun. This would be really fun on Hoth when and if we get it.
    (2.) Friendly Fire (on or off) - This should only work for humans, A.I. should not have to worry about this issue, thus they can't accidentally shot each other. This makes it easier to program. Also having the ability to not have it on for those who don't like the extra challenge of having to be more precise and watch out for your fellow troopers. 😎👍🏼
    “There is always hope.”
  • Starmasui73146
    1798 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    I don't like how DICE is patting themselves on the back so much about the AI development, like it's some huge accomplishment. We had effective NPCs using heros & vehicles in the Original Battlefront games. So I assume they are trying to pretend that never existed or something, since in the update summary they proclaim so vibrantly what a task it was to complete now. I'm sorry if they have trouble with developing certain game elements that were completely viable at a game's release back in 2002 & 2004, but it's no reason to give themselves glowing praise over.

Well I for one was quite impressed by the new "Learning A.I.".. The A.I. is miles and miles better then Skirmish from 2015 now and I adore "Skirmish: Walker Assault" to pieces and play it all the time.

Case in point.

Phenomenally Impressive A.I. Maneuvers Seen in the Game in "Instant Action:"

(1.) I went to melee an A.I. Assault Class droid who had a shotgun. I had a Bubble Shield as the Sniper Specialist. The dang A.I. brilliantly took one step forward placing itself within my Bubble Shield and executed me point blank with the Shotgun in my face. Lol, I am just stunned at the level of intelligence.

(2.) I was a Wookiee and fighting A.I. Darth Maul, after throwing a Thermal Imploder he was low in health and zipped off. He killed some more Clones and came back at me at full health, just brilliant.

(3.) Other A.I. Rocket Super Battle Droids have fired their missile at me while rocketing way up high sideways.

(4.) The A.I. zigs and zags, the A.I. backs up when needing cover.

(5.) The A.I. rolls.

(6.) The A.I. ducks down behind cover.

(7.) The A.I. seeks a wall or barrier out when being fired upon to much.

(8.) The A.I. snipes from great distances.

(9.) A.I. Darth Maul blocking at intelligent times.

(10.) A.I. Darth Maul using his Spin forward after blocking my shots and slaying me.

(11.) A.I. Bossk using the toxin wisely.

(12.) A.I. Bossk using the Mini Grenades wisely.

(13.) When an A.I. Rocket Super Battle Droid landed, I tried to melee him as a Sniper Specialist with my Bubble Shield, the A.I. did a quick rocket evade backwards while shooting at me, my melee utterly missed. My jaw completely dropped I was waaaaay impressed. I've never seen A.I. that clever and quick thinking; and I've been gaming a loooooong time.

(14.) I went toe to toe with A.I. Darth Maul on Kashyyyk, it was simply epic. It was like the movies. We just used lightsabers for a while, dualing. Yes! This is what I wanted. I think we would have been going at it still for another few minutes had it not been for the A.I. Assault Droid shooting me in the back, lol. Sound familiar? It reminds me of being Online with REAL humans. Devs I gotta tell ya, you guys and gals really out did yourselves on this one. I...I...I'm speechless. 🤗 Medals for everybody. 🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆

Note worth comments:

Besides normal troopers I have died at the hands of A.I. Darth Maul, Bossk and Chewy so far. Also one time I fought an epic battle against Maul and Bossk (both of them at the same time) and had to flee because I became dangerously low on health. I am overwhelmed by what the Devs accomplished.

@KaiokenGirlx2: I feel your being highly unfair here. For a company whose focus was Online not A.I., what they accomplished in a year is staggering. Please try to keep that in mind.

In all fairness...Things in the "Instant Action" A.I. That Need Work:

(1.) The A.I. Commando Droid never uses his most powerful attack the Vibro Blade.
    That does need fixing.

(2.) Bossk needs to once in a while drop Mines on the ground.
    That does need fixing.

(3.) Every now and again an A.I. droid will roll to evade on Geonosis right into the volcanic hole but that's okay it's kinda funny.

(4.) I did see one A.I. Heavy class droid stuck in a shaking left to right motion, near the dirt road on Kashyyyk but nothing else. But everything else was great.

In all fairness...Things in the "Co-Op" A.I. That Need Work:

Had two A.I. within 1 minute leap off the ledge to the sea below on Kamino (likely thinking there was a lower platform) but that was it. No biggie. Lol, 🤣 heh even I've done that.

As a whole all things considered simply outstanding achievement and there is no glitches here that should be that big of a deal for the greatest devs in the world.👍🏼🏆
    “There is always hope.”
  • hi thanks for the instant action. i didnt read patch notes and got surprised by chewy on felucia, which was a nice surprise. i like the mode, but im hoping two things; that more planets get added to it, and that ai heroes get added - as an option - to arcade mode also.

im not sure if the ai heroes should have their own separate on/off menu option in arcade set up or should just add in to the 'who is allowed' option with classes. i think a separate on off toggle setting would be better and clearer.
  • Starmasui73146
    1798 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Wooooooow devs I can't stop playing "Instant Action" especially on Felucia. I am sooooo
    happy. 🤗🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
    May you receive tons of awards.

Bless you all.
    “There is always hope.”
  • AW_Cramer wrote: »

43 pages (as of Sept 26th, 2019), hmmmmmm?

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/comment/1502523#Comment_1502523

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/comment/1502384#Comment_1502384

😛

43 pages, hmmmmmm?

I've never seen this thread? Link?

The link is above, 🙂 I was just giving you a hard time by the way. 😛 I post on that Extraction mode thread myself a lot.

I hear you, I'm sure Extraction will get it's day in the sun. I too want more maps, like: "Sullust Sorosuub Pipelines and "Sullust Sorosuub Refinery". Id love to see them Offline as well in "Arcade: Team Battle" and "Instant Action". 😎👍🏼🤗
    “There is always hope.”
  • Zexiel
    170 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    I really have to say you guys have made a really really good job on the Co-Op i love it...I just wish you guys would add the rancor on Co-Op like a boss battle now that would've made it even better...
    6npauvs8f0cp.jpg

EU Server Based. VIKINGR is an Discord both for playing games as well as just chatting and having fun with one another. Requirements: - Being able to read a discord server - Basic knowledge of the English or Scandinavian Language  - Day to Day groups to play with - Share Youtube Videos
    Discord: https://discord.gg/rNz9T84
    1 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    What did they do to extraction mode? It's bad enough there was only two map now to add it to strike just sucks. Very disappointed.
  • Yep, speeders are useless now. I guess I won't use them anymore. May as well just remove them from the game.
  • Best update in a while
  • PhilC wrote: »
    Another update and still no fix to the ongoing bugs in Arcade. It's almost laughable at this point.

1. Anythime you play Arcade Team Battle and select 2 vs 2 or 4 vs 4 the friendly A.I. will only spawn and respawn as Assault Class Troopers. This bug has been in the game since launch! To think that after almost two years you still can't play the game it was meant to be is ridiculous.

2. The Repulsor Cannon for the Specialist in Arcade rarely works. This became a problem back in spring and still has not been addressed, but EA/Dice will fix a Hero's eye color!

3. In Arcade Team Battle the friendly A.I. are now respawning out of bounds. It has made this map completely unplayable.

Is it too much to ask that you actually fix the bugs that are ruining gameplay? I bought this game thinking it would work. It's been almost two years and I have never been able to enjoy the game!

These bugs need to be addressed ASAP. There is no way anyone is going to buy another Star Wars EA/Dice title with these issues still going on. How can we be confident that he next game won't be full of bugs at launch and through the entire process?

No one cares about arcade.
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

This discussion has been closed.