criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order Main Discussion

Replies

• quenaelin
    1102 posts Member
    Demo was using unlimited Force powers and was simplified for demo purpose, real game has much more harder combat and difficulty settings. I would like to play those boss fights which were missing from SWBF2 campaign.
  • quenaelin wrote: »
    Demo was using unlimited Force powers and was simplified for demo purpose, real game has much more harder combat and difficulty settings. I would like to play those boss fights which were missing from SWBF2 campaign.

Missing as in it should have been in BF2, or missing as in it was planned for BF2?
    Anyways, I have two questions.
    1. Will there be anything missable or could you go back and get everything you missed?
    2. Will the Pre-Order bonus be available later as DLC.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • lowell
    1710 posts Member
    edited June 13
    Unwarycoin wrote: »
    quenaelin wrote: »

Missing as in it should have been in BF2, or missing as in it was planned for BF2?
    1. Will there be anything missable or could you go back and get everything you missed?

They did say as you progress into the higher levels, you could go back and look for hidden passages or things that you couldn't as a lower level force-wielder.

I have a feeling this game is similar to Insomniac's Spider-Man.
    Post edited by lowell on
  • lowell wrote: »

They did say as you progress into the higher levels, you could go back and look for hidden passages or things that you couldn't at a lower level force-wielder.

I hope so, because I think even Metroid has areas that will lock you out, even if you missed something.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • IIPrest0nII
    4898 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    I like that gameplay they showed at EA PLAY, but I have suspicions about npc or bots. At least in that gameplay they are acting slow and just standing still and waiting when the player kills them. Especially troopers.

Hope that’s because the game on the alpha stage and maybe that level was created special for EA PLAY, who knows.
    Star Wars Battlefront Community Forums Moderator
  • Iceninja
    450 posts Member
    I kind of liked the gameplay, but I do not think I would enjoy the game. I will probably not get it until it goes down in price.
    “The force is with me and I am one with the force. I fear nothing because everything is as the Force wills it to be.” -Chirrut Imwe
  • bfloo
    16059 posts Member
    I like that gameplay they showed at EA PLAY, but I have suspicions about npc or bots. At least in that gameplay they are acting slow and just standing still and waiting when the player kills them. Especially troopers.

Hope that’s because the game on the alpha stage and maybe that level was created special for EA PLAY, who knows.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• quenaelin
    1102 posts Member
    Demo was demo, it isn't arcade according to one Youtuber who played the game. There is couple of months to make this game better and I hope it will be better, I want those boss fights and I didn't like Force Unleashed, this game looks so much better.
  • lowell
    1710 posts Member
    edited June 14
    Apparently, the developer team confirmed Cal in the gameplay reveal had unlimited force powers so they could show off his use of them. But in the game, at that level, which is still an early part of the story, he'll only have learned a few of those powers so far so there will still be some challenges. Some people playing the demo at EA Play did struggle on some part.
  • Cadoth
    1182 posts Member
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Demo was demo, it isn't arcade according to one Youtuber who played the game. There is couple of months to make this game better and I hope it will be better, I want those boss fights and I didn't like Force Unleashed, this game looks so much better.

What Ytuber?

I think it’s battlefront updates(?)
  • Unwarycoin
    6677 posts Member
    I’ve calmed down since a few posts ago, and I might pre-order, but I will investigate return policies so that I could wait for an achievement/trophy guide to be posted (Overwatch has really soured me on trying new games on any system not made by Nintendo, just in case I’m stuck with an achievement/trophy I can’t get rid of).
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Unwarycoin
    6677 posts Member
    I’ve calmed down since a few posts ago, and I might pre-order, but I will investigate return policies so that I could wait for an achievement/trophy guide to be posted (Overwatch has really soured me on trying new games on any system not made by Nintendo, just in case I’m stuck with an achievement/trophy I can’t get rid of).

And now I’m back to not wanting any part of it.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • So Jedi fallen order is set a few years after ROTS but none of the stormtroopers are clones? How does that make sense? The empire didn’t stop the production of clones until closer to the events of A New Hope. There were no normal human stormtroopers a few years after ROTS, they were all clones
  • According to Matt Martin on the Lucasfilm Story Group, by the time of the kashyyyk mission, most of not all clones have been phased out due to “accelerated aging”
  • JayJedi
    399 posts Member
    I think Fallen Order takes place closer to ANH than ROTS. In the gameplay footage, Saw looks closer to Rogue One age than Clone Wars age.
  • Is this the right place? Maybe off topic
  • ZephanUnbound
    3085 posts Member
    edited June 24
    Actually the Clones were quite quickly phased out in the new canon. The clones were grown with accelerated aging, so by the time Jedi Fallen Order is set the oldest batches of clones are pushing the equivalent of their their 50’s I believe.
  • IIPrest0nII
    Is this the right place? Maybe off topic

Moved to off-topic
  • Actually the Clones were quite quickly phased out in the new canon. The clones were grown with accelerated aging, so by the time Jedi Fallen Order is set the oldest batches of clones are pushing the equivalent of their their 50’s I believe.

It’s only a few years later and Vader’s Fist was still present as was Commander Cody etc
  • IIPrest0nII
    Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order — Official Gameplay Demo (Extended Cut)

• Looks great! One of the few games i will be buying at launch. Can’t wait to get my hands on it.
  • What if they added the Fallen Order characters to BF2 as heroes? Like Cal and the Second Sister?
    Where's the offline content?
    ehwmyfbp0dvm.gif
  • DarthJ
    6807 posts Member
    Actually the Clones were quite quickly phased out in the new canon. The clones were grown with accelerated aging, so by the time Jedi Fallen Order is set the oldest batches of clones are pushing the equivalent of their their 50’s I believe.

It’s only a few years later and Vader’s Fist was still present as was Commander Cody etc
    Plus the Vader comic series recently (the 2nd run set immediately after ROTS) had stormtroopers during the Battle of Mon Cala with armour that looked a mix between clones and stormtroopers. I think it also mentioned that clones were still present in the Empires army. So we can assume this is a good few years from ROTS if its stormtroopers and Clones are phased out.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DarthJ
    6807 posts Member
    lowell said:

They did say as you progress into the higher levels, you could go back and look for hidden passages or things that you couldn't as a lower level force-wielder.

Nah I don't think it will be like Spider-Man. It'll be much more linear and shorter in length I think.

Thats what worries me mainly, the length.
  • lowell
    1710 posts Member
    DarthJ said:
    lowell said:

Nah I don't think it will be like Spider-Man. It'll be much more linear and shorter in length I think.

Well, I meant the comparison of length of the game is likely similar to Spider-Man. Especially if Umbara and Mygeeto are not considered as levels but campaigns for some reason.

• DarthJ
    6807 posts Member
    lowell said:
    DarthJ said:
    lowell said:

Well, I meant the comparison of length of the game is likely similar to Spider-Man. Especially if Umbara and Mygeeto are not considered as levels but campaigns for some reason.

But Spider-Man had open world aspects about it , whereas this looks like The Fkrce Unleashed and levels based. Definitely think it'll be shorter than Spidey.

• lowell
    1710 posts Member
    DarthJ said:
    lowell said:
    DarthJ said:
    lowell said:

But Spider-Man had open world aspects about it , whereas this looks like The Fkrce Unleashed and levels based. Definitely think it'll be shorter than Spidey.

I mean, definitely this game, is going to look like more similar to TFU than Spider-Man because it's been unofficially said that it's the canon version of it by some people.

I'm not really that fond of the open-world aspect but just excited that you can explore around in a single-player game and can come back to find more hidden areas later when your powers are upgraded.

But I think this game might seriously be longer than TFU and its sequel, depending on how much ground it will cover, and also how long each player plays the game.

I'm actually looking forward to checking out the Marvel tie-in comic coming in September and learning more about Cere's background.
  • Cane_danko
    1264 posts Member
    Seems like it will be more like the new god of war or even similar to dark souls in design. They opted for open world but that’s okay to me as a lot of games are going for that and its getting pretty trendy at this point.
  • Unwarycoin
    6677 posts Member
    lowell said:
    DarthJ said:
    lowell said:

I’ve been meaning to say this, but the names of the hilts seem to imply that the pre-order bonuses could be unlocked in game, or at least the hilts.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • SQJACKIE
    1249 posts Member
    A PS3 could run it
  • Unwarycoin wrote: »
    lowell said:

DarthJ said:

lowell said:

I’ve been meaning to say this, but the names of the hilts seem to imply that the pre-order bonuses could be unlocked in game, or at least the hilts.

If you read EA's fine print for the preorder, it says that some preorder bonuses won't be unlocked right away and will be unlocked later in the game. So yeah, I'm guessing you'll receive those 2 hilts while playing the Mygeeto and Umbara levels.
  • Unwarycoin wrote: »
    lowell said:

DarthJ said:

lowell said:

If you read EA's fine print for the preorder, it says that some preorder bonuses won't be unlocked right away and will be unlocked later in the game. So yeah, I'm guessing you'll receive those 2 hilts while playing the Mygeeto and Umbara levels.

Thanks!
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • DarthJ
    6807 posts Member
    lowell said:

DarthJ said:

lowell said:

Hmm. So are they exclusive, timed exclusive, or juat able to unlock anyway but later than pre order players?
  • Commander_CT_135
    446 posts Member
    edited September 24
  • Cadoth wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »
    Anyone want a hint of who the Second Sister is? If you can guess it, she's a familiar character.

This is her description from Star Wars: The Dark Side, a non-English exclusive book in Europe:

"The Second Sister, a vengeful and deceitful warrior, is motivated by a deep-seated hatred towards the Jedi Order that had failed her."
    Ventress?
    Can't be. She dead.

And even if she was alive she wouldn’t have any reason to hunt down jedi after what had happened in the last two seasons of TCW series + she was in love with a jedi if I’m not wrong

What if its barriss, she blew up the hanger in the jedi temple, the nwas sent to prison. She could've been freed by the grand inquisitor after order 66, since the grand inquisitor was a jedi temple guard and after he heard of order 66 he killed the other temple guards to let anakin in without delay, and then the grand inquisitor trained her and maybe that's why she is called the second sister, because she was the first one the grand inquisitor trained.
  • bfloo
    16059 posts Member
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    Cadoth wrote: »
    Anyone want a hint of who the Second Sister is? If you can guess it, she's a familiar character.

This is her description from Star Wars: The Dark Side, a non-English exclusive book in Europe:

"The Second Sister, a vengeful and deceitful warrior, is motivated by a deep-seated hatred towards the Jedi Order that had failed her."
    Ventress?
    Can't be. She dead.

And even if she was alive she wouldn’t have any reason to hunt down jedi after what had happened in the last two seasons of TCW series + she was in love with a jedi if I’m not wrong

What if its barriss, she blew up the hanger in the jedi temple, the nwas sent to prison. She could've been freed by the grand inquisitor after order 66, since the grand inquisitor was a jedi temple guard and after he heard of order 66 he killed the other temple guards to let anakin in without delay, and then the grand inquisitor trained her and maybe that's why she is called the second sister, because she was the first one the grand inquisitor trained.

They had all the inquisitors in the Vader comics, Barris wasn't there.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• IIPrest0nII
  • bfloo wrote: »

Ventress?
    Can't be. She dead.

They were all there but it never showed the second sister take off her helmet.
  • bfloo wrote: »

Ventress?
    Can't be. She dead.

So no one knows who or what the second sister is. The second sister appeared in the vader comics yes, but she never took off her helmet, so she could be barriss or she could be anyone.
  • lowell wrote: »

All the inquisitors might appear at one point or another in the game, maybe it will show the grand inquisitor sending out the second sister to hunt cal kestis.
  • pq00up14no90.jpeg
    Purge troopers look sick!
  • pq00up14no90.jpeg
    Purge troopers look sick!

Those would make awesome skins!
    I’m wondering if DLC saves per account or console, and will it stop recording due to blocked content?
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Cannot wait for this game
  • Cannot wait for this game

Yeah! I like how the jedi fallen order game ties into the rebels show and rouge one.