criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Remove Boba Fett from HvV

14567810Next

Replies

• lerodemmy wrote: »
    Still can’t believe nothing’s been done about Boba. He seems like he was literally created to annoy people. I’ve yet to see @F8RGE reply to a boba thread.

But he's hardly OP! If he's OP in the hands of a small few then so what? He's still horrible in the hands of the majority, so it all balances out anyway. Also the same can be said about heaps of heroes in the hands of the right players.
    That doesn’t make sense. You don’t balance a game around the worst players.

No other character can single-handedly take over a match the way a good Boba can. No other character causes as many problems when you’re trying to fight someone else. No other character is virtually unthreatened by lightsabers.

One thing I’ve seen from a lot of people is that Chewie is such a great “counter” to Boba. It’s funny how those people don’t mention that, as you’re shooting Boba down, he’s getting knocked behind obstructions so you can’t follow up. Then he air recovers and flies too far away to do any considerable damage, while at the same time you’re getting choked by Vulnerable Vader, frozen by Mr. Run, shocked by Fragile Iden, etc., etc., etc.

You also don't balance a game around the best players. Which is why I said it all evens out when there are only a few really good boba's and the majority aren't that great, even horrible really. Also I said that the great players with him are just as effective as the great players with other heroes.
    Still can’t believe nothing’s been done about Boba. He seems like he was literally created to annoy people. I’ve yet to see @F8RGE reply to a boba thread.

But he's hardly OP! If he's OP in the hands of a small few then so what? He's still horrible in the hands of the majority, so it all balances out anyway. Also the same can be said about heaps of heroes in the hands of the right players.

No other character can single-handedly take over a match the way a good Boba can. No other character causes as many problems when you’re trying to fight someone else. No other character is virtually unthreatened by lightsabers.

One thing I’ve seen from a lot of people is that Chewie is such a great “counter” to Boba. It’s funny how those people don’t mention that, as you’re shooting Boba down, he’s getting knocked behind obstructions so you can’t follow up. Then he air recovers and flies too far away to do any considerable damage, while at the same time you’re getting choked by Vulnerable Vader, frozen by Mr. Run, shocked by Fragile Iden, etc., etc., etc.

You also don't balance a game around the best players. Which is why I said it all evens out when there are only a few really good boba's and the majority aren't that great, even horrible really. Also I said that the great players with him are just as effective as the great players with other heroes.

Actually you do balance it around the best players in a game like this since the best players will be the most optimal with each character. There is no ranking system with tons of data available, so you cannot have this in-depth balancing algorithm that takes into account all skill levels like League of Legends, for example.
  • Landeaux2 wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »

Actually you do balance it around the best players in a game like this since the best players will be the most optimal with each character. There is no ranking system with tons of data available, so you cannot have this in-depth balancing algorithm that takes into account all skill levels like League of Legends, for example.

Yeah that would make sense, except that almost any average player can be godlike with Anakin or Vader, even be better or go as well as a great Boba player.

Yeah that would make sense, except that almost any average player can be godlike with Anakin or Vader, even be better or go as well as a great Boba player.

Anakin and Vader cannot impact a HvV game as much as Boba. I don’t mind going against someone who is good with Ani or Vader. The problem is when Boba arrives. He’s in a class of his own.
  • The main problems with boba are intense barrage, and his insta recovery. Both were terrible design choices.

Tell ninja of fortnite that lol

Not really
  • Pigfoot wrote: »
    Landeaux2 wrote: »

Not really

It is true. Vador is the second most op character and anyone can just spam swings and choke and get a decent outcome.
  • CC_1010 wrote: »
    Pigfoot wrote: »

Not really

It is true. Vader is the second most op character and anyone can just spam swings and choke and get a decent outcome.

Second most op. You can dodge his choke & every hero can spam & do good.
    CC_1010 wrote: »

Not really

It is true. Vador is the second most op character and anyone can just spam swings and choke and get a decent outcome.

But nobody can spam as successful as Vador

Not really

Luke.

Not really

Rey, Anakin, Grevious, Dooku. You just hate vader don't you

Not really

Luke.

Luke is not winning a 3v1 spam fest.
    Vador can if he uses choke before he spams with 25% damage reduction focused rage and extra health.

Not really

Luke.

Him too

Not really

Luke.

lgbuxmkhx0op.gif

6mfr8ue7hxph.gif

Not really

I don’t hate Vador. I just know that he is extremely OP.

Not really

Luke.

Vador can if he uses choke before he spams with 25% damage reduction focused rage and extra health.

Luke can absolutely win under the right circumstances. If Intensify is maxed out hes messing everybody up. Especially if hes buffed by Yoda or Finn

Not really

Luke.

Neither is vader if anakin luke & obi are around

Not really

Luke.

Luke can absolutely win under the right circumstances. If Intensify is maxed out hes messing everybody up. Especially if hes buffed by Yoda or Finn

No other characters involved the chance is much higher for Vador to win.

Not really

Luke.

Plus he can outlast counter-spam because of his high health pool.

Not really

Luke.

lgbuxmkhx0op.gif

6mfr8ue7hxph.gif

Lol I had to give that an awesome

Not really

Luke.

Neither is vader if anakin luke & obi are around

He can. I do it all the time. But you best be prepared, meaning focused rage must be activated before you spam.

Not really

Luke.

lgbuxmkhx0op.gif

6mfr8ue7hxph.gif

Accurate

Not really

Hardly op. You can dodge his choke which just stop 90% of the playerbase from doing well with him. Obi-Wan also neutralizes vader.
  • Well none of them can “spam” Boba because they can’t touch him, so...

Maybe REY...? I hear she’s crazy OP. Mind Trick Boba and he’s as good as dead.
    jsb8i8bdeu13.gif
  • I love how you are all obsessed with fighting 1v1 to show whose best.

I want to reiterate why Boba is broken and why I agree with the title of this discussion.

Like someone said earlier and we have all agreed, that the players skill determines how good they are with a character. (Duh)

If your really good with any character, it’s difficult to be killed. Period.

The point I want everyone to think about, is that is a situation on HvV, when you have MORE than one enemy, Boba is broken. He just flys to somewhere behind you when your distracted by the other players, and then flys right back for a rocket spam kill.

That’s why he is broken in HvV.

I don’t even play other game types.
    A 1v1 is not a good way to demonstrate his ability to make the game not feel fair.

Unrelated side note... the update broke my ps4 and I have to send it in for repairs.... GRRRRRRRR

• I love how you are all obsessed with fighting 1v1 to show whose best.

I want to reiterate why Boba is broken and why I agree with the title of this discussion.

Like someone said earlier and we have all agreed, that the players skill determines how good they are with a character. (Duh)

If your really good with any character, it’s difficult to be killed. Period.

The point I want everyone to think about, is that is a situation on HvV, when you have MORE than one enemy, Boba is broken. He just flys to somewhere behind you when your distracted by the other players, and then flys right back for a rocket spam kill.

That’s why he is broken in HvV.

I don’t even play other game types.
    A 1v1 is not a good way to demonstrate his ability to make the game not feel fair.

Unrelated side note... the update broke my ps4 and I have to send it in for repairs.... GRRRRRRRR
    Well said. Sorry to hear about your PS4 situation.

Not really

Luke.

lgbuxmkhx0op.gif

6mfr8ue7hxph.gif

"When Vader's choke is on cooldown"

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

You also don't balance a game around the best players.

t7b0z58515m7.gif
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13

Not really

Hardly op. You can dodge his choke which just stop 90% of the playerbase from doing well with him. Obi-Wan also neutralizes vader.

I played hvv yesterday and he still choked me during dodge.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

Not really

Yeah I choke someone while dodging as well but, I think that had to due with the timing window now. I'm being affected by all abilities during a dodge

Not really

Yeah, I’m noticing that too. The fix seems to work only about half the time.
  • Piscettios wrote: »

You also don't balance a game around the best players.

t7b0z58515m7.gif

Be careful that could get you banned