criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Yoda NEEDS this back to be even slightly effective.

Bring back Yoda's ability to absorb all explosive damage, such as Iden's alt fire, Bossk's mines, Droideka bolts, Bossk's grenades etc

Specifically Bossk's things. It was a terrible idea to double nerf Yoda in two areas in the first place. But in order to compensate for his lack of specialization in any area, he needs to serve another purpose.

Though it's not difficult to bust a campy spot when both teams are coordinated, the cheese method should not be cushion in the first place with no hard counter.

Bring back Yoda's explosive absorption.

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

Replies

• Don't see the point in bring back something that made Bossk basicly fodder more or less and Yoda needs to be weak to explosives in GA.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    Don't see the point in bring back something that made Bossk basicly fodder more or less and Yoda needs to be weak to explosives in GA.

I agree instead he should be able to get as much health as before the update. Not for everyone else just him.
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    Don't see the point in bring back something that made Bossk basicly fodder more or less and Yoda needs to be weak to explosives in GA.

Raise his base weapon damage and make it fire slightly faster. Cheese shouldn't be the way he's effective

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• Nah.

It would make him unbeatable versus Iden & Bossk, plus like unit said, he needs to be vulnerable to explosives in GA.
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • He specializes in defense & support :/
  • Pigfoot wrote: »
    He specializes in defense & support :/

Then why is Luke 2 times as effective at protecting a blaster hero than Yoda? And why is Anakin 3 times as effective at protecting a blaster hero than Yoda?

Then his Push ability needs less CD

• No thanks.........just make yoda attack animations faster and connect better.

In exchange yoda hit box should allow people to shoot him while he is jumping around attacking. There seems to be issues with hit boxes not properly picking up that you hit him when he has jumped. I know where he is going when he jumps and I regularly aim there and it still doesn't pick up that you hit him a lot of the time.

It's either a bug in hit boxes, which is more likely, or yoda has a slight invulnerable state when jumping around that he can't be hit with blaster fire. Either way it needs to be fixed. This will balance yoda that is it.

Then why is Luke 2 times as effective at protecting a blaster hero than Yoda? And why is Anakin 3 times as effective at protecting a blaster hero than Yoda?

Is He? I didn't know he could buff an entire room of troopers same as Anakin. I didn't know they could buff their allies :/ hmmm

His push needs less cooldown?????? Huuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it's on a 10 second cooldown
  • No Yoda main is fine with his current status from what I've seen/heard.
  • awakespace
    1298 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Pigfoot wrote: »

Because Pigfoot has decided that since Yoda can buff health that he specializes in defense and support - he's making it up and it's not actually true

The actual line of the game is "Yoda is a master of turning defense into attack"

And he was great at being hard to hit, but also hitting hard at the right moments. Now he can't hit hard...

The breaking block was a great way to turn defense into attack. As is his unique movement stye that lets him evade and attack at a different rhythm than most saber users. And of course his unleash also turns defense into attack.

He's just a unique hero like all the others are, not a "support hero" - unfortunately now he's now super weak in hero modes
  • awakespace wrote: »
    Raices wrote: »
    No Yoda main is fine with his current status from what I've seen/heard.

I'm not even a Yoda main, and I'm not fine with it at all...

I think they really messed up with the nerfs for Yoda regarding hero modes - he's the weakest saber user by far. I'm fine with him not absorbing explosives, and fine with the decreased health bonus. But the bug where he can't escape force powers anymore needs to be fixed, and his dash needs to go back to doing 130, and only go down to 85 if he breaks through a block.

I would be fine with his current status if buffing allies and staying alive were reflected on the scoreboard, but that's not the case so I'm not fine with it

And yeah, agree with the bolded part 100%.
    His dodges were also nerfed idk why.
  • I guess most are against the idea, and I suppose I'm speaking too impulsively on ignorance since I've only played a game of SD and two HvV with Yoda since the update.

Very well

Is He? I didn't know he could buff an entire room of troopers same as Anakin. I didn't know they could buff their allies :/ hmmm

His push needs less cooldown?????? Huuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it's on a 10 second cooldown

Are you talking GA? Then I'm not going to continue this convo. These modes really need separate balancing. HvV and Showdown. He is far less effective, if not a bad choice at defending your partner than a Luke or Anakin

Because Pigfoot has decided that since Yoda can buff health that he specializes in defense and support - he's making it up and it's not actually true

The actual line of the game is "Yoda is a master of turning defense into attack"

And he was great at being hard to hit, but also hitting hard at the right moments. Now he can't hit hard...

The breaking block was a great way to turn defense into attack. As is his unique movement stye that lets him evade and attack at a different rhythm than most saber users. And of course his unleash also turns defense into attack.

He's just a unique hero like all the others are, not a "support hero" - unfortunately now he's now super weak in hero modes

He does. Just because you think he's ruined doesn't mean it's true.
  • Bring back Yoda's ability to absorb all explosive damage, such as Iden's alt fire, Bossk's mines, Droideka bolts, Bossk's grenades etc

Specifically Bossk's things. It was a terrible idea to double nerf Yoda in two areas in the first place. But in order to compensate for his lack of specialization in any area, he needs to serve another purpose.

Though it's not difficult to bust a campy spot when both teams are coordinated, the cheese method should not be cushion in the first place with no hard counter.

How about no.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Bring back Yoda's ability to absorb all explosive damage, such as Iden's alt fire, Bossk's mines, Droideka bolts, Bossk's grenades etc

How about no.

How about read my recent post

awakespace wrote: »

He does what? Just don't follow what you are saying he does...

Apparently the dash was a GA nerf, somehow, when dashes don't affect troopers that can't block. The heal is an understandable GA nerf though

He does specialize in defense & support. He's been a support hero since launch
  • awakespace
    1298 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    I guess most are against the idea, and I suppose I'm speaking too impulsively on ignorance since I've only played a game of SD and two HvV with Yoda since the update.

Very well

Are you talking GA? Then I'm not going to continue this convo. These modes really need separate balancing. HvV and Showdown. He is far less effective, if not a bad choice at defending your partner than a Luke or Anakin

I think it's an idea that is fine, because Yoda needs some help, but I just don't think it's the best one

There are three primary reason:
    1. It will make him stronger in GA/CS and hero modes, I think he needs buffs that will primarily impact hero modes only
    2. It will really decrease the viability of certain characters like Bossk, Iden, and Boba
    3. It will make him harder to kill, but also still not address his weak damage - I don't think this will be a very fun play style...

Says who aside from you?
    I guess most are against the idea, and I suppose I'm speaking too impulsively on ignorance since I've only played a game of SD and two HvV with Yoda since the update.

Very well

I think it's an idea that is fine, because Yoda needs some help, but I just don't think it's the best one

1. It will make him stronger in GA/CS and hero modes, I think he needs buffs that will primarily impact hero modes only
    2. It will really decrease the viability of certain characters like Bossk, Iden, and Boba
    3. It will make him harder to kill, but also still not address his weak damage - I don't think this will be a very fun play style...

They should just return his dash, give him damage immunity on dashstrikes, and give him greater range on dashstrikes like Maul's

I complained about Yoda not being able to block explosives a while ago, but I realise that Yoda will be overpowered if he got this change reverted. He also blocks lightsabers now (as you most likely know). It isn’t fair that he can walk through Bossk’s Mines or Iden’s Alt fire while blocking and taking no damage. It really isn’t fair.

Very well

They should just return his dash, give him damage immunity on dashstrikes, and give him greater range on dashstrikes like Maul's

Huh

Says who aside from you?

Who says yoda is ruined besides 3 dudes on in here. Plays fine to me

Very well

I think just returning the dash to 130, with the caveat that it will only do 85 if the opponent is blocking is pretty much perfect

And fixing the Presence bug where he can't escape force powers

Very well

I think just returning the dash to 130, with the caveat that it will only do 85 if the opponent is blocking is pretty much perfect

That would be fine too

Very well

You seem to think sabers are the only thing in this game smh. So if I'm iden right, I roll yoda can still do 130 damage & ignore my I frame to deal high damage. He easily get 260 damage for free yeah no. 130 was way to punishing against blaster heroes which always get the short end if the stick.
  • awakespace
    1298 posts Member
    edited September 2019

Very well

You seem to think sabers are the only thing in this game smh. So if I'm iden right, I roll yoda can still do 130 damage & ignore my I frame to deal high damage. He easily get 260 damage for free yeah no. 130 was way to punishing against blaster heroes which always get the short end if the stick.

No - Yoda can't do enough damage to keep up with heroes in general - an evenly skilled Iden will melt Yoda with his puny damage

I just think there is some logic to not letting Yoda break block at such a high number

Very well

No - Yoda can't do enough damage to keep up with heroes in general - an evenly skilled Iden will melt Yoda with his puny damage

Yeahhhhhh idk about that one chief. Sabers dominate blasters with no exception. Teammates are the only thing keeping blasters alive

Very well

Lmao what? It takes 3 dashes & 3 saber strikes with his increased damage card to kill iden not to mention he has 910 health & can still release himself from her stun.

How about no.

I replied to that post, not your recent post.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

How about no.

I replied to that post, not your recent post.

Then read the post to get the response

Raices wrote: »
    No Yoda main is fine with his current status from what I've seen/heard.

I'm not even a Yoda main, and I'm not fine with it at all...

I think they really messed up with the nerfs for Yoda regarding hero modes - he's the weakest saber user by far.

I'm fine with him not absorbing explosives, and fine with the decreased health bonus. But the bug where he can't escape force powers anymore needs to be fixed, and his dash needs to go back to doing 130, and only go down to 85 if he is breaking through a block.

100% agree with this
  • awakespace
    1298 posts Member
    edited September 2019

Says who aside from you?

Who says yoda is ruined besides 3 dudes on in here. Plays fine to me

You know it's a lot more than 3 people that are feeling this way here; and there are even more on reddit and on twitter

But thanks for letting us know that you are basing your claim that Yoda is a support hero on what 3 dudes say ;)

Very well

Yeahhhhhh idk about that one chief. Sabers dominate blasters with no exception. Teammates are the only thing keeping blasters alive

I can see why you would say this but it's not that simple. They are different. Blasters can clearly out damage sabers - still they have a harder time staying alive. Yes a lone blaster will get shredded by a team of opponent sabers, and if regrouping is a problem, you might have to go saber. But blaster heroes are the most deadly in the right hands.

Very well

I can see why you would say this but it's not that simple. They are different. Blasters can clearly out damage sabers - still they have a harder time staying alive. Yes a lone blaster will get shredded by a team of opponent sabers, and if regrouping is a problem, you might have to go saber. But blaster heroes are the most deadly in the right hands.

Um, idk if you're on PC or not (I couldn't understand the dynamic on PC, but just as a PC player wouldn't understand the dynamic on Consoles) but Blasters will get decimated without their teammates against even a single saber on Console, not a team.

• bring back activating his presence during his dash attack and a jump swing
  • UhOhItsJus wrote: »
    bring back activating his presence during his dash attack and a jump swing

No. Vader can't so he shouldn't
  • UhOhItsJus wrote: »

I agree this was so useful.

Never says that. You are actually dumb cause you keep preaching this when it is never said anywhere. I can wreck with Yoda by myself on Felucia.
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

Never says that. You are actually dumb cause you keep preaching this when it is never said anywhere. I can wreck with Yoda by myself on Felucia.

Doesn't matter what the game says. The game doesn't say maul is a hit & run hero but he is. The game doesn't say finn is a support hero but he is, the game doesn't say rey is a support hero but she is. The game doesn't say anything about obi-wan being a defensive master but he is. See what I mean.

Also weird flex but okay
  • He lost that when he gained the ability to block light sabers....I'd say that was a fair trade off. He should not have both.
  • Axone
    438 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Okay, the game developer nerf the Presence and Dash through block. This is just too much nerf. Presence is not an effective ability no more and the dash damage is nearly useless. Bring back Yoda Force Barrier that can also absorb explosive and Yoda would be in a good place and it would balance out Yoda both offensively and defensively.
    UhOhItsJus wrote: »

No. Vader can't so he shouldn't

Vaders is also a much better buff (health, damage reduction, and stamina). Yodas is just health and the animation takes longer than his push which is too long of an animation as well. Vader can still block while activating his also FYI. @Pigfoot
  • awakespace
    1298 posts Member
    edited September 2019

Doesn't matter what the game says. The game doesn't say maul is a hit & run hero but he is. The game doesn't say finn is a support hero but he is, the game doesn't say rey is a support hero but she is. The game doesn't say anything about obi-wan being a defensive master but he is. See what I mean.

Also weird flex but okay

Using this logic, each character is defined by how they play, not by some predetermined roll. So if Yoda gets buffed so that he can block explosives again and gets boot to his Presence health then he is more defense and more support - if he gets buffed to have faster swing speed and more damage with his attack - he is more infiltration and offense. Thus each hero is defined by how they actually play and their role can change based on changes to their design. So the fact that you keep harping on him being defense and support holds no validity - he is what he is - was what he was - and will be what he becomes.

Also each hero can be played differently and assume different rolls. Rey can clearly be a powerhouse with offense and attack. Anakin can be one of the best support heroes in the game, Vader can play either roll quite well, etc.

agree that was an irrelevant yet also amusing flex =)