criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

Luke’s Green Lightsaber

Is it just me or is Luke’s Green Lightsaber the only saber in the game that isn’t pointy like the others???

Replies

• anidriX
    1140 posts Member
    Neither Luke’s nor Vader’s are pointy due to them not being so in the OT. I’m grateful for it, I don’t like lightsabers being pointy.
  • Check out that scene in Revenge of the Sith when Anakin finds out Palps is a Sith and he ignites his saber on him...quite a pointy blade he has there.
  • NomiSunstrider
    3085 posts Member
    edited October 7
    I dont mind it. It adds variety and uniqueness. And its kinda canon.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Smattonellus
    786 posts Member
    edited October 8
    This is likely because he's not allowed to answer to these topics, which makes some sense in a way, if you know you aren't gonna make something people want it's better leave them in doubt than confirm it won't happen.
    We know SA and extraction won't see new content, telling us so would only anger people I guess, so just ignore it and call it a day. Whereas such trivial things don't hurt nobody and can be addressed freely I think? Just speculation on my side
  • This is likely because he's not allowed to answer to these topics, which makes some sense in a way, if you know you aren't gonna make something people want it's better leave them in doubt than confirm it won't happen.
    We know SA and extraction won't see new content, telling us so would only anger people I guess, so just ignore it and call it a day. Whereas such trivial things don't hurt nobody and can be addressed freely I think? Just speculation on my side

I would agree if they hadn't already confirmed when things are not coming. They have said a few times that there won't be any campaign expansion, for example. The "backlash" is no excuse, since Ben has claimed a few times that Extraction and SA are the less popular modes and that would be all the reasoning he needs to say there is no more content coming to them.

The reason has always been, they cannot deny or confirm any work on these modes because they have their focus somewhere else and they want to keep it there, but they are supposedly open to add something down the line (which is still a weak way of saying that they have left these two modes abandoned). If they really don't plan to ever release anything, they should say so and everybody will accept it. The radio silence in the SA topic (for example), doesn't help anybody.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    anidriX wrote: »
    Neither Luke’s nor Vader’s are pointy due to them not being so in the OT.

This is correct. We worked quite closely with our friends at Lucasfilm on this.

Absolutely right too. Good job.
  • Alwe15
    1371 posts Member
    TheScape wrote: »
    This is likely because he's not allowed to answer to these topics, which makes some sense in a way, if you know you aren't gonna make something people want it's better leave them in doubt than confirm it won't happen.

I would agree if they hadn't already confirmed when things are not coming. They have said a few times that there won't be any campaign expansion, for example. The "backlash" is no excuse, since Ben has claimed a few times that Extraction and SA are the less popular modes and that would be all the reasoning he needs to say there is no more content coming to them.

The reason has always been, they cannot deny or confirm any work on these modes because they have their focus somewhere else and they want to keep it there, but they are supposedly open to add something down the line (which is still a weak way of saying that they have left these two modes abandoned). If they really don't plan to ever release anything, they should say so and everybody will accept it. The radio silence in the SA topic (for example), doesn't help anybody.

The patient pilots of the SFA thread have always stated that they would accept the answer, whether it be "Yes, more content coming", "No. Nothing planned." or even "It's a maybe but nothing in the foreseeable".

Complete silence shows a level of disdain towards us and some are beginning to take offence.
  • Alwe15 wrote: »

The patient pilots of the SFA thread have always stated that they would accept the answer, whether it be "Yes, more content coming", "No. Nothing planned." or even "It's a maybe but nothing in the foreseeable".

Complete silence shows a level of disdain towards us and some are beginning to take offence.

Yeah everytime I think the "trooper" aspect of this game constantly gets the shaft, I'm reminded of the SFA crowd...the true victims of neglect. 😑
  • Alwe15
    1371 posts Member
    Alwe15 wrote: »

Yeah everytime I think the "trooper" aspect of this game constantly gets the shaft, I'm reminded of the SFA crowd...the true victims of neglect. 😑

The unwanted step-child.
  • The threads they decide to respond to :D

*an actually useful post about a good idea or adition for the game*
    Devs:
    jmdorocy90sa.jpg

*pointy sabers post about something everyone knows*
    Devs:
    oc0k123ht4cf.jpg

9wexqoicrpnu.png
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    anidriX wrote: »
    Neither Luke’s nor Vader’s are pointy due to them not being so in the OT.

This is correct. We worked quite closely with our friends at Lucasfilm on this.

After the rest of the blades became pointy, I was wondering if they'd just somehow missed doing Luke's (due to its rounded tip), until I watched Return of the Jedi again a few days ago and saw that it's like that in the film. It's neat that they're consulting with Lucasfilm on stuff like this.