criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Triple XP Event

The Community Beat You To It

Prev1
Draxin
248 posts Member
Not dissing Dice or anything but its the truth. Here it is folks, the 2nd Airborne Company has been brought to life via mods.

https://www.nexusmods.com/starwarsbattlefront22017/mods/1835

b4pirlxttpfu.png
Hi.

Replies

• That looks AWESOME! If they add this skin with weathering in the game, I will ride a razor scooter into Walmart.
  • JackTHorn
    3752 posts Member
    edited October 7
    This is a skin I've longed to see for a while now. I really wish they had made customization gear-based appearances instead of legions. Legion markings should be automatic by map (Phase 1 and Phase 2 should be automatic by map as well). Then the appearances we could buy would be Paratroopers, ARF Troopers, BARC Troopers, AT-RT Pilots, Clone Gunners, extra packs and straps and pauldrons and features, all of that. Then the legion markings would appear on that gear depending on what map you're playing, making it feel like a real Clone Wars battle.
  • SrawDawg
    1001 posts Member
    It sickens me that modders make better and more frequent content than Dice. Smh

Yeah but I suppose they have many regulations and stipulations to uphold when they do it. From my understanding if you are independent and don't monetize a big brand name project and do it all free and give it away free as "fan service" then you can do it.
  • SQJACKIE
    1141 posts Member
    Why was adding 3d models to the game banned?
  • SQJACKIE
    1141 posts Member
    Imagine if community could access to the game's code
  • Would love to see them, they look stunning
  • A good effort, but not perfect. Let’s hope DICE do it better.
    Alone against all these droids....? Hmph... they don't stand a chance.
  • GoodBytes wrote: »
    A good effort, but not perfect. Let’s hope DICE do it better.

How is it not perfect? Mind explaining?
    Hi.
  • Draxin wrote: »
    Not dissing Dice or anything but its the truth. Here it is folks, the 2nd Airborne Company has been brought to life via mods.

b4pirlxttpfu.png

But it's hideous? Why would they bother?
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    A Skin that we don't need, i think that's the reason they didn't added this.

The same could be said about literally every other skin in the game though.
    Hi.

b4pirlxttpfu.png

But it's hideous? Why would they bother?

Personal opinion mate, won't even bother.
    Hi.

But they added lots of skins in February, even the 91st with different helmets no one asked for. Or the 212th/41st ARF troopers. Or Dooku's pajamas, or ANH Luke (unrealistic)
    What do you mean when you call a different skin (made by just a modder) that looks cool is unnecesary?
  • Mods also created a Purge Trooper from this.
    1u8fwrpupc9c.png
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • throw in the galatic marines while we’re at it. BOTH were in the OGs everyone loves to bring up.
  • Mods also created a Purge Trooper from this.
    1u8fwrpupc9c.png

I have a feeling they have a high chance coming into the game when Fallen Order gets traction. Infiltrator
  • Dislike the PT very much but even I will admit this skin should be in the game.

Modders >
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
    SQJACKIE wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »

But they added lots of skins in February, even the 91st with different helmets no one asked for. Or the 212th/41st ARF troopers. Or Dooku's pajamas, or ANH Luke (unrealistic)
    What do you mean when you call a different skin (made by just a modder) that looks cool is unnecesary?

I've said that is unnecesary because PT received a lot of skins months ago.

So if someone made a ST or OT skin via the Frosty tools you would give it more credit for what it is?
    Hi.
  • It sickens me that modders make better and more frequent content than Dice. Smh
    DICE has to gain approval from Lucasfilm for everything they make, mods don't need any of that. DICE can make better content than simple mods any day.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif

So if someone made a ST or OT skin via the Frosty tools you would give it more credit for what it is?
    Yes he would, as long as it's not PT
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
    Draxin wrote: »

I won't give any credit to them, they don't need it because it's their work on this game, we already give em all the credits by buying this game.

I'm talking about the modders adding those skins not Dice.
    Hi.
  • It sickens me that modders make better and more frequent content than Dice. Smh
    DICE has to gain approval from Lucasfilm for everything they make, mods don't need any of that. DICE can make better content than simple mods any day.

I'd still say someone with more passion would do a better job than someone whose paid to do it but that's just my opinion.
    Hi.

Yes she would, as long as it's not PT

That wasn't my answer
    I'm aware.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif

I'd still say someone with more passion would do a better job than someone whose paid to do it but that's just my opinion.
    The DICE devs clearly have more passion, that's why they are still working on this game.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif

That wasn't my answer
    I'm aware.

It might not be what you said but it is right though isn't it
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg This isn't mine, Just thought it was cool

Rule 39: Never say no to Bacta

When you have been playing since launch Cool kid 8)

I want to make a squad of 4 Commandos and then scream "FORM UP DELTA SQUAD"

We need Delta Squad Commando skins.

That wasn't my answer
    I'm aware.

Yep.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif

That wasn't my answer
    I'm aware.

Yep.

Yeppity yep.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png

That wasn't my answer
    I'm aware.

Yep.

Yeppity yep.

Yuuuuuuupp

Dude just Google battlefront 2 appearance mods. There are some amazing ones and some that are every bit as good as anything Dice could put out.

Dude just Google battlefront 2 appearance mods. There are some amazing ones and some that are every bit as good as anything Dice could put out.

PSN: BucksawBoushh

Oh believe me, DICE can do just as good as modders plus even better. But as game developers, they are held back by restrictions from Lucasfilm, focusing on other parts of the game and not just on skins, time constraints, etc.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • SQJACKIE
    1141 posts Member
    edited October 14

I won't give any credit to them, they don't need it because it's their work on this game, we already give em all the credits by buying this game.

Their work? They're modders. Who can do better, accurate and realistic skins than the actual workers who are getting paid for their mediocre job. That's what we credit them for

Lets just be grateful we are getting content in general and it is FREE. We are lucky that EA let Dice continue working on the game rather than trashing it from the controversy.

The DICE devs clearly have more passion, that's why they are still working on this game.

More than the modders? I don't think so.
    Hi.

I'm on PS4, mods doesn't benefit me.

Then why are you even here...
    Hi.
  • These mods only work on PC correct??
    When will we ever get Starfighter Assault content??

I'm on PS4, mods doesn't benefit me.

Then why are you even here...

There's no need to say who's better

I didn't.
    Hi.
  • I mean does it matter? Is it important? Is it more cool than the Luke Skin, the Leia skin, the new Maul emote, the new map, the new Co Op mode, the new instant action mode????????? Hummmmmm, not so sure

Their work? They're modders. Who can do better, accurate and realistic skins than the actual workers who are getting paid for their mediocre job. That's what we credit them for

Do we really need more clone skins?

Their work(devs) isn't mediocre, it's just unbalanced 'cause other eras just doesn't have the same amount of skins as PT era.

They made a Clone Wars season bc people like it the most. Now we will get new skins for other eras. But again, why do you get upset about something made by a modder. Don't download then.
    Ande yes, Dice work is mediocre, they had to fix clone skins many times because they weren't accurate

More than the modders? I don't think so.
    Well I think so, and seeing how Battlefront 2 is thriving today proves it.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif