criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Farmboy Luke & Maul Emote

Prev13
F8RGE
1050 posts EA Community Manager
Hello everyone,

As you are aware the two special quests for Farmboy Luke and the Kenobi! Emote were due to start a few hours ago. Unfortunately it appears that a vital component for them to work was hidden within our patch that was due to go live this week.

To summarise, because we moved the patch the quests did not have all the info they needed to function correctly. As a result of this we will be moving the special events to early next week just after the deployment of the patch.

We understand that it's disappointing and can only apologise. With no in-game events this weekend we have decided to enable x3 EXP.

We'll be back early next week with the patch deployment times, the patch itself and these two quests.

Replies

• CC_1010
    3565 posts Member
    I was very angry when I read this. But Tripple XP?!?? KENOBI LEVEL 1000 is on the way! Thx!!!! Waaay better.
  • Unless you're either the worst player who ever lived or the unluckiest (impossible in either case, because I'm still here), you really won't need that long to get either achievement. They aren't available for a week because you'll need a week but because a week is plenty of time for active players to participate.
  • K4152
    142 posts Member
    Can we get a special event for HvV (6v6 or 8v8) instead of an Xp event. That or 1v1 for hero showdown as an event.
  • so are we still getting heroes unleashed next week?
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN: unit900000 Xbox gamer tag: MetaltronXII
  • Zyder wrote: »
    If you make Mustafar for all gamemodes then I apologise you all

Lol, they have to make the Mustafar map for you to accept their apology? That's black mail. Lol.. 😆😂🤣

Seriously though DICE that's okay it happens, I'm really glad you explained what happened and were blatantly honest about it, that was very very cool. Thumbs waaaaay up, way to man up.
    😎👍🏼👍🏼
    “There is always hope.”
  • Cadoth
    1229 posts Member
    Are you kidding
  • jonci
    1355 posts Member
    As long as the patch doesnt be=reak aanything else and fixes bugs as well as characters thats the important thing
  • SnakeMajin wrote: »
    Fine to me.

But please add way more or longer occasions to gain these time-limited bonuses. People that love your game usually make sure to be free for these events, which is not necessary the case later on when postponed.

Agreed! I’m still hoping that each event repeats same time next year (and the next year, and the next year, and the next year, and the next year, and the next year...) or something.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Psy3d
    1157 posts Member
    Thanks for clearing it out
  • I hope I can find a Felucia CS match to capture the command posts before HU starts. Capturing posts with 8 heroes running around slaughtering me is not going to be fun. With it being Thanksgiving weekend in Canada, I was actually going to have time to play CS this weekend. It's hard to play 2 hour matches of CS through the week with work and family and the thought of sitting through multiple rounds of HU slaughters to find Felucia does not sound fun... but the Maul emote is the best one in the game.
  • Alright
  • graveyard3377
    135 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Is Vader still getting his force choke removed after the backlash that happened?
  • Thanks for not doing due diligence earlier this week. I assume it could’ve been an easy find and fix? I could be wrong
  • Its just farmboy and the emote is meh. Now a challenge for Gold Jacket Luke or Flashback Master Luke? That might get my attention
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • Why don't you just give us the skin and emote

Seriously - this would make more sense since so many people have already completed the challenge

• Liz4rD
    1192 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Just revert the nerf you did to Vader and Kylo.

No one asked for the nerf. It was indeed not necessary to make Vader a sitting duck in GA. At least try to BALANCE and find a point somewhere between ALL or NOTHING when 'tweaking' the characters FFS.
  • 7exji41e04db.gif
    I Am One With the Force and the Force Is With Me

EU Server Based. VIKINGR is an Discord both for playing games as well as just chatting and having fun with one another. Requirements: - Being able to read a discord server - Basic knowledge of the English or Scandinavian Language  - Day to Day groups to play with - Share Youtube Videos
    Discord: https://discord.gg/rNz9T84
  • Liz4rD wrote: »

No one asked for the nerf. It was indeed not necessary to make Vader a sitting duck in GA. At least try to BALANCE and find a point somewhere between ALL or NOTHING when 'tweaking' the characters FFS.

Kylo didn't get nerfed. Who used that trash card
  • Since I make mistakes daily, sometime hourly, forgiveness is my only hope. Realizing this, how can I not give forgiveness out to others?

The skin and emote are just cosmetics. I and everyone else will live another week. Thanks for developing them. They will be cool.
  • Well poo. spent a lot of last evening doing this and did not see this notice until now. how about a freebee for these two this go around?
  • triple ex.... yeah I'm good...
  • No big deal. Thanks for letting us know. Glad I checked this before I got on to knock out the challenges.
  • Since I make mistakes daily, sometime hourly, forgiveness is my only hope. Realizing this, how can I not give forgiveness out to others?

The skin and emote are just cosmetics. I and everyone else will live another week. Thanks for developing them. They will be cool.

Agreed. I can imagine some manic players are upset if they have to have everything here and now, but me, I can wait until next week. 3XP is fun!

Give the guys a break. It's not a big deal and it is FREE!
  • yeah, I actually booted up BF2 this morning, saw no mention of any event and quit out. I figured I was just early and would knock this out tonight.

Thanks for letting us know.
  • Zyder wrote: »
    If you make Mustafar for all gamemodes then I apologise you all

I think you mean Darth Vader will except their apology then.
  • @F8RGE

I commented this first paragraph on the now closed thread from EA_Ritas:

My only concern with this event for Maul is Felucia only. This promotes players to just lobby hop hopefully to queue for Felucia under CS. While this "gamble" can be frustrating for players to get into Felucia only, this draws out games as well. Think about both teams wanting to promote longevity of games just to capture 15 objectives so each individual can achieve the emote. This insinuates prolonging 1st and 2nd phases just so everyone can capture 15 objectives. Who wants to sit in Felucia for 1-2 or more hours?? This already happens without the incentive. This event is going to be a tug of war of individual achievement where team's could possibly "throw" the game just to return to capturing objectives in Phase 1. If anything, this event would better suit to capture 15 objectives in any CS map. Personally, sure, I'll strive for the emote, however, I'm just preparing myself for 2+ hour Felucia games.

10/11/2019 UPDATE: I really hope DICE can understand this. At approximately, 11:25 am (EST), I was playing CS on Kashyyyk and at 12:15pm (EST), I just quit the game. The team was literally going nowhere, ping pong back and forth from ground to ship. Almost 1 hour into a non-Felucia game and already assisted team cap +20 objectives. I don't understand the logic why it has to be bound to Felucia only. As far as the lore and movie is concerned, Darth Maul was killed by Obi-Wan on Naboo. So, why Felucia or even restrict the emote unlock to that map only? Why cannot it be any CS map with a total of 15 captured objectives individually yet for Farmboy Luke, just obtain 4,000 BP, grab a Hero in CO-OP and ur done in 15-20 min tops and boom, skin. So, why is a emote more "challenging" than a more "iconic" skin?

I challenge any "game testers" at DICE just play the game on CS for about 15 min on a any map and just reach out to players what they think of the event, you will see first hand players are NOT in favor of the emote being restricted to just Felucia. I can say this with confidence.
    PC Specs: i7-9600k / RTX 2060 6G / GIGABYTE Z390 UD MOBO / EVGA 650BQ 650w PSU / MSI Oculux 24" G-SYNC Monitor / Corsair Vengeance 16G DDR4 RAM / 500G SATA III SSD / Logitech G502 Mouse / Logitech G710+ Keyboard / Razer Kraken 7.1 v2 Headset / Windows 10 Home.
  • Liz4rD wrote: »

Kylo didn't get nerfed. Who used that trash card

Thank you.
  • Par for the course. 🙄
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Just had a 235 kill game on coop but no skin?
  • spo0k3y wrote: »
    Just had a 235 kill game on coop but no skin?

He literally said they're moving the event to next week along side the patch because the event is broken without the it.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

As you are aware the two special quests for Farmboy Luke and the Kenobi! Emote were due to start a few hours ago. Unfortunately it appears that a vital component for them to work was hidden within our patch that was due to go live this week.

To summarise, because we moved the patch the quests did not have all the info they needed to function correctly. As a result of this we will be moving the special events to early next week just after the deployment of the patch.

We understand that it's disappointing and can only apologise. With no in-game events this weekend we have decided to enable x3 EXP.

We'll be back early next week with the patch deployment times, the patch itself and these two quests.

it happens. not a big issue.
  • adriankenzo222
    4 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    I don't really think people think through the problem of trying to get on Felucia on CS... Usually I just cancel the matchmaking until I see Felucia so getting on that planet for the Maul Emote won't take long at all... Making a big deal out of this whole ordeal won't fix it either... Just let DICE get their **** together & all will be fine... No update is going to be completely perfect, there are going to be bugs & glitches, but look at how far this game has come... It's so much better than when it started but trust what they're doing... They will fix it so don't worry your heads off or get pi$$ed cause you can't unlock something right away... It's life, they're human & they will make mistakes but they'll fix them... So relax & take a breath, trust in the Force... Just thought I'd drop this here, I don't usually comment but people can be so ignorant... & we all know "There is no Ignorance, there is Knowledge" so wait & gain some knowledge instead of jumping the gun...
  • Should have given us Heroes Unleashed this weekend instead of 3X.
  • K4152
    142 posts Member
    Just let us buy them with credits. Those who would rather do the challenge can wait next week.
  • I'll forgive you DICE, ONLY IF you add Galactic Marines as a clone skin.
  • I was wondering what was happening last night.... the challenges were visible but not registering. The above solves that particular mystery anyway!
  • vonVile wrote: »
    Should have given us Heroes Unleashed this weekend instead of 3X.

hard pass, every time they do this, the game is wonky
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force