criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Boots On The Ground should be frequent

2Next

Replies

• moistboii wrote: »
    moistboii wrote: »
    GA was a definite improvement. I hardly play regular ga anymore with all the hero spam. That said vehicles shouldnt be removed.

There's 2 heroes each side out of 40 players.

In Ga? You better check again.
    If they changed it then yeah that seems like much. I like 2 on each side.

Its two per side in all phases except final phase which is 4.

The thing is it’s a constant 2 and 4 at all times, there’s never a cool down or any real reason to waste time going after a hero. They’re like hydra, they just keep respawning with no down time.

Most heroes are very easy to kill. Just shoot them while they're spamming away at enemy heroes.

Oh "just shoot them"?? Got it. 🙄

A typical hero user generally does the following upon spawning in: locates enemy hero, dedicates his soul to spamming enemy hero into oblivion, sprints past entire enemy team, uses all abilities and every possible attack to kill said hero, dies.

So yeah, just shoot at them while they're busy with that.
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    GA was a definite improvement. I hardly play regular ga anymore with all the hero spam. That said vehicles shouldnt be removed.

The thing is it’s a constant 2 and 4 at all times, there’s never a cool down or any real reason to waste time going after a hero. They’re like hydra, they just keep respawning with no down time.

Most heroes are very easy to kill. Just shoot them while they're spamming away at enemy heroes.

So large scale hero hunt since another one just takes its place immediately....

Think about what it's like playing as a hero and Lukes upon Lukes are just coming at you like lunatics while an Anakin tries to continuously pull you into another heroic might.
  • The_Rookie wrote: »
    Please, no. We do not need major pieces of content - such as the STARS of STAR WARS - removed from the game ever, let alone more frequently.

This event does not represent the game I was led to believe I was purchasing.

Can you please explain what you mean. I don't understand
  • moistboii wrote: »

TL50, SE44c with rapid fire, NT unscoped(if youre good) heavy sentry, and literally any enforcer(especially with overload) can melt a hero no problem. If a hero catches you alone, away from your squad that's a player issue.
  • JackTHorn wrote: »

TL50, SE44c with rapid fire, NT unscoped(if youre good) heavy sentry, and literally any enforcer(especially with overload) can melt a hero no problem. If a hero catches you alone, away from your squad that's a player issue.
    Yeah. Then two seconds later they spawn right back in again. The problem is how they're constantly spamming up the game, not whether they're easy to kill.

Thank you. I thought I already mentioned in this thread how EVERY SECOND in a final phase you can be dealing with 4 heroes simultaneously....."TL50" does not just take care of that problem. Because once again...I've killed THOUSANDS of you Heroes...but you are STILL a huge imbalancing problem to GA.
  • JackTHorn wrote: »

Yeah. Then two seconds later they spawn right back in again. The problem is how they're constantly spamming up the game, not whether they're easy to kill.

100%, it does no good to kill something when it’s back in in seconds. Implementation of heroes is and has always been the problem, not the heroes themselves. There’s also no penalty for dying as a hero for the individual or the team. It’s saber/force spam that’s the worst imo, I seldom hear complaints about blaster heroes. That may be the reason bf15 had only 2 saber heroes.
    Please, no. We do not need major pieces of content - such as the STARS of STAR WARS - removed from the game ever, let alone more frequently.

The_Rookie wrote: »

The game I purchased misled me to believe I was buying a battlefront shooter, especially considering the same company made the title 2 years earlier as a shooter. I though it would basically add maps and more content to the 15 game, not change the entire gameplay mechanics to revolve around heroes.

Then its a prime example that everyone plays this game for different things and interest. This forum could use this info

Can you please explain what you mean. I don't understand

Means they enjoy playing as heroes and don’t like it when they are taken away. Like I’ve always said, many people buy Star Wars games for heroes.

Just explaining. Personally don’t care either way for just for a weekend.

The game I purchased misled me to believe I was buying a battlefront shooter, especially considering the same company made the title 2 years earlier as a shooter. I though it would basically add maps and more content to the 15 game, not change the entire gameplay mechanics to revolve around heroes.

Then its a prime example that everyone plays this game for different things and interest. This forum could use this info

For most people now I would agree, I would say most long timers play for the heroes and not the shooter aspect. The guys I know that expected a shooter are all gone now for reasons that have already been covered. The question is which group is right or wrong, the answer is neither group. I said from launch this game needs an identity and should stop trying to be all things for all groups.

I would prefer the way cod does it except on maybe a 2 year cycle. Make one game hero focused and make the next one infantry focused. They could make slight name changes like battlefront HU, or Battlefront BOTG. That way both playerbases get what.

And again I agree, people play for many things, I just personally think the game is to big to do justice to both a high end infantry/gunplay crowd and also have top end hero play, especially with the limited resources, maybe I’m wrong though.

Side note, you guys got a big game coming up Saturday, I’m pulling for the horns, it would throw a kink in the rankings lol.

For most people now I would agree, I would say most long timers play for the heroes and not the shooter aspect. The guys I know that expected a shooter are all gone now for reasons that have already been covered. The question is which group is right or wrong, the answer is neither group. I said from launch this game needs an identity and should stop trying to be all things for all groups.

I would prefer the way cod does it except on maybe a 2 year cycle. Make one game hero focused and make the next one infantry focused. They could make slight name changes like battlefront HU, or Battlefront BOTG. That way both playerbases get what.

And again I agree, people play for many things, I just personally think the game is to big to do justice to both a high end infantry/gunplay crowd and also have top end hero play, especially with the limited resources, maybe I’m wrong though.

Side note, you guys got a big game coming up Saturday, I’m pulling for the horns, it would throw a kink in the rankings lol.

I personally think it’s the right way to go with mixing the bag, so to speak, with hero/ trooper play. I thought the first DICE battlefront was more trooper friendly and this one is more hero friendly, to be fair it has many hero updates sorely because they have so many bugs created with heroes, more specifically the DICE engine and lightsabers. You’re right. This engine wasn’t made for Lightsabers, I will give them some credit there, it’s probably tough perfecting them. Doesn’t exclude other bugs tho.

In a universe as big as Star Wars you gotta try and get goth aspects in it. This isn’t a great AAA competitive shooter, agreed. This isn’t a great hero game either, agreed. It’s kind of in the middle of each, which I can understand why they did that, marketing wise. An identity could be helpful, no argument there, I just can understand why they would want to be middle of the road for Star Wars sake. Neither side is right, should be a healthy mix of both.

You have no idea how hyped I’m for this game 😂. Always hyped for this specific game but more so this year. Hopefully Texas has more motivation with that loss already, but this games pressure usually is there already. It would be nice to have some of these top teams that we don’t know about yet spectate themselves, not a lot of teams have been tested. I think it’s Bama and LSU and then the rest. HOPEFULLY a great game like last year, appreciate the support 😅🤘🏻
  • I agree.

With this game consistently declining in quality we might as well give it the final nail in the coffin and push some niche mickey mouse event as a game mode.
  • All DICE needs to do to fix GA is limit Heroes to 1 per side and include ground vehicles (No fighters!). It would still feel like BOTG instead of HvV deluxe.
  • vonVile wrote: »
    All DICE needs to do to fix GA is limit Heroes to 1 per side and include ground vehicles (No fighters!). It would still feel like BOTG instead of HvV deluxe.

Even one hero per side defeats the point. There are 3 other large scale mapped modes with Heroes included.
  • Meerkat wrote: »
    I agree.

With this game consistently declining in quality we might as well give it the final nail in the coffin and push some niche mickey mouse event as a game mode.

You talking about Heroes Unleashed?? 😉😊

So you never liked Battlefront before?
  • Ppong_Man12
    2776 posts Member
    edited October 11

I personally think it’s the right way to go with mixing the bag, so to speak, with hero/ trooper play. I thought the first DICE battlefront was more trooper friendly and this one is more hero friendly, to be fair it has many hero updates sorely because they have so many bugs created with heroes, more specifically the DICE engine and lightsabers. You’re right. This engine wasn’t made for Lightsabers, I will give them some credit there, it’s probably tough perfecting them. Doesn’t exclude other bugs tho.

In a universe as big as Star Wars you gotta try and get goth aspects in it. This isn’t a great AAA competitive shooter, agreed. This isn’t a great hero game either, agreed. It’s kind of in the middle of each, which I can understand why they did that, marketing wise. An identity could be helpful, no argument there, I just can understand why they would want to be middle of the road for Star Wars sake. Neither side is right, should be a healthy mix of both.

You have no idea how hyped I’m for this game 😂. Always hyped for this specific game but more so this year. Hopefully Texas has more motivation with that loss already, but this games pressure usually is there already. It would be nice to have some of these top teams that we don’t know about yet spectate themselves, not a lot of teams have been tested. I think it’s Bama and LSU and then the rest. HOPEFULLY a great game like last year, appreciate the support 😅🤘🏻

Yeah what gets me is Texas has had a pretty tough schedule, same for LSU, especially the non conference games. Then we have a few other top ranked teams that have literally played no one in the top 10-15. The Texas/Oak and LSU/Florida games are the 2 big games this weekend, I’ll definitely be watching both, great football weekend. Little break from this game also lol.
    Post edited by Ppong_Man12 on
  • rollind24
    5952 posts Member
    edited October 12

I don’t have a problem with them wanting to make large scale modes hero centric. I like the idea of being able to get everyone under one roof game wise. Problem is, I view the large modes in this game as large scale Hero Hunt though and there should be a large scale trooper only large mode. If they did that then I could agree they are trying to appease all the crowds.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 wrote: »

I don’t have a problem with them wanting to make large scale modes hero centric. I like the idea of being able to get everyone under one roof game wise. Problem is, I view the large modes in this game as large scale Hero Hunt though and there should be a large scale trooper only large mode. If they did that then I could agree they are trying to appease all the crowds.

I can agree that heroes popping out consistently is annoying. I can respect that. a cooldown would be appreciated

Yeah what gets me is Texas has had a pretty tough schedule, same for LSU, especially the non conference games. Then we have a few other top ranked teams that have literally played no one in the top 10-15. The Texas/Oak and LSU/Florida games are the 2 big games this weekend, I’ll definitely be watching both, great football weekend. Little break from this game also lol.

Yea I have LSU at a solid 2. Bama is Bama, they haven’t played anyone but they still are Bama 😂 Oklahoma and OSU have feasted off low competition, I believe OSU is elite, but they need to prove it. SEC is a grind, nothing like the big 12 I will admit, it’s obvious. But LSU Bama May turn into the biggest game this year. We’ve just been it with the injury bug. Can’t wait to see the Death Valley experience. Go tigers!
  • SQJACKIE
    1126 posts Member
    edited October 12
    When you choose Galactic Assault or Capital Supremacy there should be another menu that says:
    BOOTS ON THE GROUND | NORMAL | HEROES UNLEASHED

Agreed -- this is vital. Battlefront 2 players have been split (mostly evenly) between Trooper players and Hero players. But for some reason, they've catered more and more just to the Hero players.

I would say most long timers play for the heroes and not the shooter aspect. The guys I know that expected a shooter are all gone now for reasons that have already been covered.
    Trooper players haven't all left. Some did, for sure, which sucked. But many just put the game on the back burner, and even more stayed and kept themselves occupied in Extraction and Strike, maybe Starfighter Assault.

The question is which group is right or wrong, the answer is neither group. I said from launch this game needs an identity and should stop trying to be all things for all groups.

That's not a bad idea. But really, all they have to do is make an Assault version of GA with no heroes (or 1 Hero) and minimal reinforcements, then bring Extraction back with a new map or two. That satisfies the Trooper players. The hero players are mostly already catered to, but maybe give them a mode or two -- add a real HvV to the current Hero Blast, and maybe do a Hero Extraction or something.

I think it's doable.