criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Community Transmission - Appearances & Co-Op

Prev1
F8RGE
955 posts EA Community Manager
edited October 15
y11*****27tgkkk.png

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

There have been many battles throughout the Star Wars™ saga and the Battle of Yavin ranks up there as one of the most iconic.

It was a one in a million shot that ultimately led to the destruction of the Death Star. Those involved in this epic battle, and therefore a major blow to the Empire, were rewarded via a Celebration Ceremony within the Great Temple on Yavin 4.

This is the scene of the first two appearances we’ll be talking about today.

cvrkd9o6yxcx.png

THE BATTLE OF YAVIN APPEARANCES

We’ve talked a bit recently about appearances for Luke Skywalker and we currently have a special Timed Quest underway where you could unlock his Farmboy appearance from Star Wars: A New Hope.

Coming this month is another Luke Skywalker appearance and as you’ve probably guessed by now, it will be based around his look from the Celebration Ceremony that took place after the Battle of Yavin, complete with the iconic yellow jacket.
hnuzkwuuvjhh.gif
Luke Skywalker, Yavin Ceremony Appearance

Not to be outdone, and as he once said “don’t get cocky kid,'' Han Solo will also be receiving his Star Wars: A New Hope appearance.

The new appearance for Luke will be connected to a special in-game event, while Han's will be classified as Epic and will be available for 40,000 in-game credits or 1,000 crystals. Once the special in-game event has ended, Yavin Luke will also be available for 40,000 in-game credits or 1,000 crystals.

You’ll be able to join the battlefront as Luke Skywalker and Han Solo in their Yavin 4 appearances once the “Another Night on Endor” update launches on the 23rd of this month.

uzy5o9sl1bnw.png

CO-OP DEFEND

We’ve received a lot of great feedback on Co-Op since it launched last month and we’re really happy with the response so far. We’re expanding Co-Op this month and with it will come the ability to defend on each of the planets.
  • Kamino: Republic Defend
  • Geonosis: Separatist Defend
  • Naboo: Republic Defend
  • Kashyyyk: Republic Defend
  • Felucia: Separatist Defend

The above appearances and Co-Op defend will be arriving in the Another Night on Endor update, which is due for release on October 23. We’ll be back shortly for some details surrounding our return to the forest moon of Endor, better bring a flashlight.

Yub Nub

9pf87z0gshha.png
2x6fl8dqjyyl.png
Post edited by T0TALfps on

Replies

• Love it! :)
  • Helll yeeah!!!
  • Nice to see they're listening to the community. Unfortunately for me, those are the appearances i wanted the least.
  • The Luke skin looks great, but will we ever get skins for villains from OT era?? Vader, Palpatine, Maul and Iden perhaps? Maul is not OT villain, but players would like one for him or two just like with Luke.
    Current Topics:
    Leia Improvements
    Heroes vs Villains Improvements
    Staff Strikes Improvement

m3s3leriptmd.png
    PSN / Twitter: PlayersPurity

I will not stop complaining until DICE update Leia's Hoth skin's sideburns and add some for Rey!!

• Wait, I'm confused; are we getting the ANH Han AND the Yavin IV Han as well as the Yavin IV Luke?
  • About McShrekking time with those appearances. Good work!
    REVERT THE SPEEDER NERF!
  • Thank you DICE. Very cool. So nice to see how far we've come.
  • Sounds like it will be an awesome update. Glad to see OT heros getting some love.
  • Great work! OT skins yahhhhhh
  • Co-op defend, get in there, i wonder how they'll work it though, got to imagine the number and ferocity of the opposing AI will be stronger when your defending so that they actively group up anf target the control point
  • Imladithil2002
    296 posts Member
    edited October 15
    I'm sooo happy, that Luke finally gets some love concerning skins. Am i reading that correctly, that more appearances are coming this month?
    So, after "Survivors of Endor" you're porting "Forest Moon of Endor" from SWBF2015. Any chance to get these maps in other modes as well?
    This patch today, this CT... you guys are amazing!
  • JackTHorn
    3755 posts Member
    edited October 15
    Very cool! Those are probably the best skins we could hope for at the moment. I was afraid all we'd get would be Endor Luke and ANH Han. Great work, and great choices!
  • update is very good, but I have a little criticism

Anxiously waiting for appearences of darth maul, it seems to be something hard to have in the game, third year of the game and none of the appearences for maul, han solo already have so many appearences and you still add more. Really?
  • Boring Luke skin tbh. Much better skins to add into this game. Pilot Luke would have been cooler since it was in BF2005. Battle Damage Vader would have been awesome. Han really didn't need another appearance he has like 6. Mauls Rebel skin would have been better. Sorry to criticize but just poor choices.
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

1gwwbvgwxm1r.gif
  • spectrum_veteran
    42 posts Member
    edited October 15
    Bespin and Endor, where his saber is used in anger, over the 'going on a date' Ceremony look and Farmboy. Ceremony is about as battle cool as Dooku's jim-jams.

No effort going into altering the face and hair across his appearances then?

• Great news about the co-op!!!! I enjoy it more than Galactic assault or capital supremacy since co-op is a more relaxed way to play. Just hope you guys will introduce the ot era in co-op. Also please keep co-op in future games since I think that a lot of the older audience enjoys the more sit back relaxed gameplay as well.
  • I'm interested in seeing what challenge we'll be put through to get the Yavin Luke skin, though I'm sure being able to snag it with Credits is also welcome news.
  • Xena
    10 posts Member
    Flashlight? Is this something about Ewok Hunt? That mode is SOOOO fun once in a while, but there's not enough people playing it :'(
  • Thanks so much for making the Luke skin available through credits! Very appreciated!
  • clubprivat
    128 posts Member
    edited October 15
    What about instant action? When are the AI vehicles coming for the game mode?
    Video games, music and movies for life!
  • Nice EA I really appreciate it, new Skins for my Mine. I love all the job you are doing, keep it in that way

Besides that I would like to ask for the Skins of The Empire Strikes Back (EP 5), I hope ti doesnt bother to much
    -Bespin Luke
    -Pilot Luke

Thanks for everything EA
  • K4152
    138 posts Member
    Great update hopefully we get villain skins next. Also can you add OT era to Co-Op
  • WOOHOO! Time to cross two highly desired Appearances off my list. :blush:

Really looking forward to the Co-Op defend missions, too! :sunglasses:
    "All wings report in."
  • ChrisXQ
    1 posts Member
    edited October 15
    I made an account just to leave a comment! I like all of these updates. But I gotta say I love Co-op mode a ton! Please add more generations of Star wars for this mode! Don't get me wrong I like playing GA, but coop mode is pretty relaxing and it is just an amazing experience. I like that there listening to the community. But I don't care much for these appearances other than farmboy Luke, but they look great! Everything y'all are doing is heading in the right direction. Thank you 👍
  • This is awesome! So glad we're getting new skins.

I'd REALLLLLY Love Luke's Bespin skin, where he fought Vader. Then I would be 100% content with life.
  • Finally they added Yavin Luke, it’s my favorite look for him. I kinda wish Luke could get his Endor appearance as since Leia and Han have one, so why not luke, plus the main attraction of the update is Endor so it would make sense
  • Sorry Luke, no Bespin skin. Maybe in Battlefront 3, maybe.

source.gif
  • Ceremony Luke looks really awesome! I can't wait to defend the temple on Yavin using that very skin!!
    Instant Action is on the horizon! Thank you DICE so much for this incredible addition to the game!
  • Love the update and I hope we get new skins for the villains especially for Vader
  • Are we getting more appearances with this update @F8RGE besides for Luke and Han?
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    CO-OP DEFEND

We’ve received a lot of great feedback on Co-Op since it launched last month and we’re really happy with the response so far. We’re expanding Co-Op this month and with it will come the ability to defend on each of the planets.

Honestly did not need this one, @F8RGE, we just need you guys to add the OT and ST maps to Co-op.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • DarthJ
    6807 posts Member
    Happy with both of those appearances. Give me Bespin Luke after that and I will be happy!
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Oh boy, I’m so happy about this Luke appearance, it was my most desired one.
  • Laser921
    2141 posts Member
    edited October 16
    Heck yeah give me the gold jacket and bring out Dagobah, Black Robes crait, and jedi Master flashback and we will be good.
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • "First two appearances"
    There are more!
    Come on 3P0 Chewie!
  • holstar1993
    1445 posts Member
    edited October 16
    Cool on the skins. Epic fail on ewok hunt. More extraction maps please. And back to it's own separate tile.
  • Great news! Han's ANH appearance and Luke's yellow jacket are both iconic. Hope we will receive more Luke skins, cause there are so many options.

Ofc I hope other heroes will get some new skins too.
  • Sorry Luke, no Bespin skin. Maybe in Battlefront 3, maybe.

source.gif

Hopefully there is no BF3 and they actually complete and make this one as good as it can be.
  • High_Grounder
    53 posts Member
    edited October 16
    mtcuppers wrote: »
    will you ever add OT and ST to co-op? It would make the gamemode way more future proof imo.

Yes. They REALLY need to add other eras besides Clone Wars. It is getting a bit ridiculous at this point. I am bored with CW.

They seem to be done with the CW for this year.
  • Appearances are always appreciated.
    CO-OP DEFEND

Honestly did not need this one, @F8RGE, we just need you guys to add the OT and ST maps to Co-op.

Yes, a lot of people want OT and ST. But a lot of people, including myself, also want Co-Op Defence, so who is this "we?"
    CO-OP DEFEND

Yes, a lot of people want OT and ST. But a lot of people, including myself, also want Co-Op Defence, so who is this "we?"

"We" is all the people that want OT and ST maps, obviously. Also, I've barely seen anyone ask for a Defense version of these maps compared to the number of people asking for OT and ST maps, but, as usual, DICE are listening to the smallest voices rather than the biggest ones.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu