criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Earth to Princess Leia... knock it off with the dang shield

We need to smuggle a top secret message to Princess Leia via an R2 droid. The message should read:

STOP putting your silly shield bubble down in the middle of an HvV brawl against lightsaber characters!!! It prevents your teammates from blasting the enemy and after they inevitably kill you using their various means which go right through the shield, they huddle in it safely until their health and abilities recharge.

Please stop. The rebellion depends on it.

Replies

• ZephanUnbound
    3355 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    The shield needs a massive rethink. It is easily one of the most useless abilities in HvV, up there with smoke grenade and concussion missile. DICE majorly needs to allow her teammates to shoot through the shield both from inside and outside of it so that she can no longer troll blaster teammates by putting it down in the middle of combat, and they need to allow her to destroy it after placing it by holding the ability button, damaging any enemies who are inside at the time, to prevent villains from stealing the shield and using it to heal.
    Post edited by ZephanUnbound on
  • She should be able to explode and pick it up (Exploding should also damage enemies inside the shield or make the shield's generator release toxic gas).

Ps. The shield is very helpful when you're facing blaster villains and situational when facing either Maul or Vader as it can block saber throws. The shield was really helpful during blasters only event...
    Current Topics:
    Leia Improvements
    Staff Strikes Improvement

m3s3leriptmd.png
    Xbox Gamertag: PlayerPurity
    Twitter: PlayersPurity

• Enzyoo
    266 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    The shield needs a massive rethink. It is easily one of the most useless abilities in HvV, up there with smoke grenade and concussion missile. DICE majorly needs to allow Leia and her teammates to shoot through the shield both from inside and outside of it, and they need to allow her to destroy it after placing it by holding the ability button, damaging any enemies who are inside at the time, to prevent villains from stealing the shield and using it to heal.

Leia isn't a HvV hero.

Her shield works great in every other mode. The ability to cancel it like Phasma blows up her droid would be a huge step in the right direction of buffing her, though.

I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe.
    35l7lo44u7u1.gif
  • They should make her shield a star card ability and have another star card option to choose from. I would be content with a bb gun or bag of marbles
  • They should make her shield a star card ability and have another star card option to choose from. I would be content with a bb gun or bag of marbles

Marbles would be a good choice. Trips up the enemy everywhere.

Marbles would be a good choice. Trips up the enemy everywhere.

This would be great. The old PC game NOLF2 fluid silly things like banana peels you could lay on the floor to make enemy players slip. That was a great game.
  • Notice to Leia:

Don't play HVV.
  • Liz4rD
    1180 posts Member
    The shield blocks saber throws. The shield blocks Phasma's droid electric discharges and nullifies the robot if it is placed very near to the shield surface or inside the shield.

But most of the times is useless or even annoying.
  • Liz4rD
    1180 posts Member
    Enzyoo wrote: »
    The shield needs a massive rethink. It is easily one of the most useless abilities in HvV, up there with smoke grenade and concussion missile. DICE majorly needs to allow Leia and her teammates to shoot through the shield both from inside and outside of it, and they need to allow her to destroy it after placing it by holding the ability button, damaging any enemies who are inside at the time, to prevent villains from stealing the shield and using it to heal.

Leia isn't a HvV hero.

Her shield works great in every other mode. The ability to cancel it like Phasma blows up her droid would be a huge step in the right direction of buffing her, though.

I literally destroy players by the dozen playing Leia in HvV. His shield is useless, but she is not.

Show a little respect for the princess, you peasant.
  • The shield needs a massive rethink. It is easily one of the most useless abilities in HvV, up there with smoke grenade and concussion missile. DICE majorly needs to allow her teammates to shoot through the shield both from inside and outside of it so that she can no longer troll blaster teammates by putting it down in the middle of combat, and they need to allow her to destroy it after placing it by holding the ability button, damaging any enemies who are inside at the time, to prevent villains from stealing the shield and using it to heal.

That would ruin GA and CS. That team would be nearly invincible.
  • I couldn't agree more... in fact I suggest that anytime Leia has her shield deployed, she should become vulnerable to "friendly fire", that way you can express your frustration with the appropriately. The number of times I've seen a Leia lay that damn thing down right in the longest straight-away on a map is just mind boggling... the tunnel on Kessel, the long hallway on Bespin, etc... anytime I see this, I typically still pop a few shots off in her face from point blank even though I know it doesn't do damage, and then go shoot the shield generator just to give them the message.
  • The shield needs a massive rethink. It is easily one of the most useless abilities in HvV, up there with smoke grenade and concussion missile. DICE majorly needs to allow her teammates to shoot through the shield both from inside and outside of it so that she can no longer troll blaster teammates by putting it down in the middle of combat, and they need to allow her to destroy it after placing it by holding the ability button, damaging any enemies who are inside at the time, to prevent villains from stealing the shield and using it to heal.

That would ruin GA and CS. That team would be nearly invincible.

Mode specific balancing should be possible, DICE just needs to code it.